Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 554 FirstFirst ... 55595102103104105106107108115155205 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 11079
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

MembersZone Subscriber

Default ???

Around what numbers do you guys have that got these phone calls??and....................

""They requested i fax them some things, directions and pictures of my house"" I don't get it??

Forum Member

I am in the mid 100's and had a visit last week. IAD needs to stop by for the bi. I heard 6-1 for the next class, anyone else hear any thing.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RyBaK477 View Post
    Does anyone know who does the bi? I ask because one of my neighbors, had a calling card put on his window in regards to a BI. I recognize the investigators name but it's a "federal investigation".

Thanks,
    RyBaK477
    The investigators work for the Fire Departments Investigations Division. They are CFD Employees and check every aspect of you background from your driving record to you residence to you personal belongings(trust me).

Good Luck to all!!
    Last edited by jcrewx7; 04-23-2008 at 09:07 AM.

Forum Member

Default Chicago House For Sale

Anyone looking for a house in the city!!!!! This is a dream. I am selling my home and this would be perfect for anyone who needs to live in the city. It is for sale by owner in the Clearing/Garfield Ridge area. Far Southwest side. Awesome schools (top ten in city) and better neighborhood. The entire neighborhood is full of Firemen, Policemen, and city workers.
    Once you see it, you will want it. I Promise. Move in and do nothing.
    Three bedrooms, fully updated kitchen w/oak cabinets. All Oak hardwood floors throughout. New(2 yrs) Marvin windows throughout, Anderson French doors lead to huge composite deck(Deck Tek) and pool(Doughboy). 2 Brand new fully high end, tiled bathrooms(floor to ceiling), a complete gut redo. Basement is the by far the best you will find, only three years old.
    You will love this house!! Your kids will love the pool and huge deck.
    Two car garage and fully landscaped. Very low maintenance.
    Realtors want to list at $345,000. If I can sell it myself, I will share the savings.
    I was a 95er and I kept it in hopes of getting THE JOB but, it's time for me to go.
    Email if you want to see it by appointment. You won't be sorry.
    My email address is jcrewsx6@aol.com.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fireman22 View Post
    Around what numbers do you guys have that got these phone calls??and....................

""They requested i fax them some things, directions and pictures of my house"" I don't get it??
    Yes - as i said, they asked i fax them those items.

Forum Member

Default Need Help

I scored in the low 10,000's and my soc. ends in 15. Do I have a snowball's chance in hell of being called? Would appreciate any and all help. Also i heard it is possible to find out your test score by using the freedom of information act. Don't have all the details and this could be just rumor. Wondering if anyone heard this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Question

Quote Originally Posted by TRCO2H View Post
    FYI,

My number was somewhere in the low 400's and I just received my letter to report for April 5th. For all those who will be receiving letters, here is what you will need:

1. The completed employment questionnaire that comes with the letter.
    2. Certified birth certificate
    3. Offical high school or G.E.D. transcript SENT FROM THE SCHOOL
    4. Official college transcript sent by the school
    5. Mortgage statement OR Current lease plus last three months of rent receipts OR notarized letter from primary occupant stating lenght of residency and monthly rental payment
    6. Three Bills in your name
    7. 3 Letters of reference
    8. Employment history dating back to high school
    PHOTOCOPIES OF
    1. Driver's License (BOTH SIDES)
    2. Social Security Card
    3. DD-214
    4. High School Diploma OR GED certificate
    5. City/State Vehicle Registrations

I hope everyone gets their letter soon. Good Luck, I'm off to the gym.
    I live in Boston and am praying for the letter. SSN ends in 2 and I think my # was around 2000. Would I have to provide the lease agreement for Boston? The minute I get my letter I'm packing up and moving. Any help is appreciated.
    -Brian

Forum Member

Default Lease Agreement

Quote Originally Posted by bbell1977 View Post
    I live in Boston and am praying for the letter. SSN ends in 2 and I think my # was around 2000. Would I have to provide the lease agreement for Boston? The minute I get my letter I'm packing up and moving. Any help is appreciated.
    -Brian
    BBell,

You will definitely have to provide your proof of current residency, be it a lease or the notarized letter or whatever once you are called for processing. If accepted into the academy, on or before day one you will have to provide proof of CHICAGO residency. Where in Boston are you? My brother lives off of Washington Street in Brighton. Didn't want to be a Jake huh? Good Luck and hang in there, this process is a bear.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bbell1977 View Post
    -Brian
    I dont think your randomly assigned number was around 2000 with a SS ending in 2. I think it would be closer to 5000-7000. Check it out and make sure.

Forum Member

Default Disqualified?

I haven't heard anything yet, but has anyone heard of someone who has been disqualified and how they found out (letter, phone call etc.)?

Forum Member

I spoke with the lady doing my background today, Commander Muse, she said she was done and had all my stuff ready to give to personel, she said she was just waiting on one of my references to call back, then she'll send my stuff over... (whatever any of that means, who knows)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by UnitedWeStand View Post
    I spoke with the lady doing my background today, Commander Muse, she said she was done and had all my stuff ready to give to personel, she said she was just waiting on one of my references to call back, then she'll send my stuff over... (whatever any of that means, who knows)
    NICE!!! Find out who they're waiting on and tell him to get on it!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by barefeet View Post
    I scored in the low 10,000's and my soc. ends in 15. Do I have a snowball's chance in hell of being called? Would appreciate any and all help. Also i heard it is possible to find out your test score by using the freedom of information act. Don't have all the details and this could be just rumor. Wondering if anyone heard this.
    I dont think you will be able to get your scores, thats why they used a third party contractor. The FIA is for any gov body that has info on you and cfd will not have your test scores the third party contractors do.

MembersZone Subscriber

I recieved a call also but I was down in TN for the last week. Just got back and turned in everything I think that she wanted today after driving for 9 hours last night, but itll be worth it, they where kind of stressing the point of I need to be moved by the first day and was asking me if i was going to leave my house and what not. I am and will but I dont wanna move out of my house and into an apartment until I get something a little more solid like a job offer. Well I think I might start looking for an apartment and get everything ready to be packed. What sucks is I only live three blocks outside chicago border.

Forum Member

Default thanks adamib

thanks for the info on the f.i.a., saves me a trip to city hall. a friend of mine found out his score from a city stationary engineer test that they were not making public but i guess this is a different ballgame. as for me being in the low 10,000's do you or anyone think there is any chance myself being called? i don't know how fast they are processing classes. i am a certified emt-b, i think i did very well on the 2006 test, am in good shape, don't use drugs - no i'm not looking for a date, just frustrated. should i stay hopeful? thanks.

Forum Member

Angry Employment History Check

Does anyone else in the process of the background check have a current employer that you don't want the CFD to contact? I got a call from a lady who said that she was accidentally faxed paper work regarding employment history that was addressed to my current employer. Her fax number was one digit different...I think it was divine intervention cause I'd probably be out of a job! I checked the box that said not to contact my current employer, is it necessary that they do? I'd at least like to break the news myself. I'm calling my investigator first thing in the morning to ask. Just a warning if you weren't expecting your employer to know!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigern79 View Post
    Does anyone else in the process of the background check have a current employer that you don't want the CFD to contact? I got a call from a lady who said that she was accidentally faxed paper work regarding employment history that was addressed to my current employer. Her fax number was one digit different...I think it was divine intervention cause I'd probably be out of a job! I checked the box that said not to contact my current employer, is it necessary that they do? I'd at least like to break the news myself. I'm calling my investigator first thing in the morning to ask. Just a warning if you weren't expecting your employer to know!
    uh oh!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by bigern79 View Post
    yup my employer asked me about it too I guess all my past employers since high school have recieved a fax.

Forum Member

I don't think it matters, it's all part of the background investigation. They will contact whomever they want, regardless of if you checked yes or no to contact your current employer. I would assume that if you checked no, it would give them even more reason to call..just to see why you checked no.

Forum Member

I canít believe the CFD would contact your current employer when you checked NO. Thatís very very low of them but not suprising. I own a small business and have two people who do work for me as independent contractors. If I received a call from someone about a pre employment background check, I would be looking that day to replace the person who is about to leave me. I'm not an AHOLE but I would replace that person that day with someone new because I know that person has no intention of working for me in the coming months. As independent contractors are not employees of mine so I can let them go as I please. Itís nothing personal, itís to protect my butt. Thatís why you never check the box to contact your current employer. Hopefully the guys whoís employers were contacted get in the next class and donít have to wait 6 months or a year for the next class.

Thread Information