Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 552 FirstFirst ... 1161101108109110111112113114121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 11028
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

  1. #2201
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigern79 View Post
    When were they first contacted for the BI. Their investigation might have just taken too long to go last week. I was contacted over three weeks ago and my investigation just ended. From what has been posted, the general trend is people with letters earlier in the alphabet were investigated first. I haven't heard anyone with a letter towards the end of the alphabet say that they have been contacted. My guess is the person you know just wasn't processed fast enough.
    How do you explain guys last Saturday with the last name of "Q" then?


  2. #2202
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnitedWeStand View Post
    How do you explain guys last Saturday with the last name of "Q" then?
    Can't explain that...it still seems like the majority of people contacted have low letters.

  3. #2203
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    43

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by bigern79 View Post
    Can't explain that...it still seems like the majority of people contacted have low letters.
    I think there where a few acceptions like the guy that was still in the military and the guy that they couldnt get the hair sample from but the majority of us where a-m oh yeah passed the medical. It wasnt as bad as I thought it was, basic bruce stress test. I was trying to run 15 minutes at 10-15% grade to prep.

  4. #2204
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamib View Post
    I think there where a few acceptions like the guy that was still in the military and the guy that they couldnt get the hair sample from but the majority of us where a-m oh yeah passed the medical. It wasnt as bad as I thought it was, basic bruce stress test. I was trying to run 15 minutes at 10-15% grade to prep.
    Good Work and Cngrads. Did they tell you right there if you passed the medical or did you get a letter?

  5. #2205
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Nice Work on the physical Adamib.

  6. #2206
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TRCO2H View Post
    Nice Work on the physical Adamib.
    Yea, how do you know you passed, I wasn't told anything at all. I went for 15 minutes on the treadmil, I know i passed that...but nobody actually told me anything....

  7. #2207
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    85

    Default May 10th at S. Clinton

    CFD pulled in 44 of us on May 10th. Same as last weekend, paperwork, scheduled a medical exam, and a urine test.

    One of the staff (intentionally leaving anonymous) suggested that there will be a class this summer and gave us a strong suggestion that it would be sooner rather than later. # of cadets they will be taking and actual start date was not disclosed.

    They only used one toilet so I was there for about 2 hours. Most of the time was spent in line for the urine test.

    I was told that I had a "good number" by the staff, which I took to mean a good chance I might be up for the next class. My number is below 175.

    Good luck all,
    RyBaK477

  8. #2208
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Good deal. So did Ms. Ghant say whether or not they were bringing down anyone else next week? Still, if you have 30 from last week and 40 from this week - that's 70 people. That's an academy class right there...75 civilians and 25 medics makes up a typical academy....still, wonder what's going on. When was the last date you could sign up for medical? The lady at the Dr.'s office said CFD had told them they wanted everyone ready to go for June 2nd...weird.

  9. #2209
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CHICAGO
    Posts
    250

    Default

    *******************
    Last edited by 233wacker; 05-18-2008 at 10:15 PM.

  10. #2210
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Beverly
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 233wacker View Post
    just talked to a friend that was down there today. like the above post, said there were 40 down there. he said they made it sound like 6/2 would not happen because they still need to finish processing guys from 4/5 (hopefully a mid-june class??). he also said they made it seem like they were going by numbers...so good luck to you guys in the 100's.
    I heard the same thing, June 2nd is a no go, June 16th. is most likely and by your random #. This is so weird!!!!.
    Last edited by bugsy2007; 05-10-2008 at 03:35 PM.

  11. #2211
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Chicago, IL. USA
    Posts
    34

    Default 4/10

    Guys that went on 4/10, what number range was did you hear about?

  12. #2212
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    85

    Default

    It seems most people's last names were below M again. I don't know the range of lotto numbers there today but I overheard one guy say he was around 230.

    We were told that there would most likely be another group of people brought in next week.

    One more thing: We were told, "you need to stay on the tread mill for 10 minutes, not 9:30, not 7:45, 10 minutes. There seems to be some confusion about how we want the test administered. Stay on the treadmill for 10 minutes."

  13. #2213
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnitedWeStand View Post
    Yea, how do you know you passed, I wasn't told anything at all. I went for 15 minutes on the treadmil, I know i passed that...but nobody actually told me anything....
    Well I asked everytime I went thru a station and they said I did real good and the nurse said they do bruce protocol on the stress test. Bruce is usually 9-12 minutes but I guess they where doing an extra min just to get the heart rate up and everything was good on the ekg, the final dr check he said that everything was perfect. I just went thru a thorough fire fighter physical in Nov so as long as my blood work is good Im almost positive. I figure they test the blood for hep aids tb and anyother blood born pathegens. They said it would take around a week to get all the results together and sent in to CFD so I wouldnt expect to hear anything for at least a week.
    Last edited by adamib; 05-10-2008 at 06:53 PM.

  14. #2214
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamib View Post
    Well I asked everytime I went thru a station and they said I did real good and the nurse said they do bruce protocol on the stress test. Bruce is usually 9-12 minutes but I guess they where doing an extra min just to get the heart rate up and everything was good on the ekg, the final dr check he said that everything was perfect. I just went thru a thorough fire fighter physical in Nov so as long as my blood work is good Im almost positive. I figure they test the blood for hep aids tb and anyother blood born pathegens. They said it would take around a week to get all the results together and sent in to CFD so I wouldnt expect to hear anything for at least a week.
    Did you have to take any x-ray's.

  15. #2215
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CLOVER440 View Post
    Did you have to take any x-ray's.
    yes, extensive chest, back, and neck.

  16. #2216
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    33

    Talking Got a call

    Just got a call from my BI. She indicated that my file was just handed to here and the she needed to have everything done and filed by friday or SHE would be in trouble from her bosses.(that statement stood out to me) I asked about an academy class and she said June or July but she wasn't sure....she just knew she had to get my stuff in by friday. My last name is P-Z and my number is under 230.

    I think June 2 is out, it's cutting a little too close. Mid june, maybe July seems logical. At this point I know I am confident I am in an academy class this year (Rumor is two more this year) so an August class wouldn't bother me. (gives my current job time to process my Q2 bonus)

    good luck all!

  17. #2217
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Did they guys that went down on Saturday, May 10, get the conditional letters of employment also?

  18. #2218
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TRCO2H View Post
    BBell,

    You will definitely have to provide your proof of current residency, be it a lease or the notarized letter or whatever once you are called for processing. If accepted into the academy, on or before day one you will have to provide proof of CHICAGO residency. Where in Boston are you? My brother lives off of Washington Street in Brighton. Didn't want to be a Jake huh? Good Luck and hang in there, this process is a bear.
    Been a while since I logged back on. Thanks to TRCO2H for the response. There is a better shot of hitting the lottery twice in the same day than getting on the Boston Fire Dept if your a white non-vet. I have my EMT and a degree and it means **** out in Boston.

  19. #2219
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnitedWeStand View Post
    Did they guys that went down on Saturday, May 10, get the conditional letters of employment also?

    Yes we did. Conditional that we pass the medical and a spot at a future academy class becomes available.

  20. #2220
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Windy City
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bbell1977 View Post
    Been a while since I logged back on. Thanks to TRCO2H for the response. There is a better shot of hitting the lottery twice in the same day than getting on the Boston Fire Dept if your a white non-vet. I have my EMT and a degree and it means **** out in Boston.
    EMT and a degree means **** here too!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 6 guests)

  1. bearsfan

Similar Threads

  1. World Of Fire Report: 03-19-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2005, 11:02 PM
  2. World Of Fire Report: 03-15-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-18-2005, 08:15 AM
  3. World Of Fire Report: 03-09-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 07:41 PM
  4. World Of Fire Report: 03-29-04
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 10:52 PM
  5. World Of Fire Report: 03-28-04
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 09:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts