Like Tree288Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Angry no......

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy2007 View Post
    I think there was about 80 to 100 people for the fire side, an additional 50 to 100? were there processing for paramedics also. They told us a total of 200 were there today. A few of guys there failed medicals previously and a couple guys said they deferred the last class. I heard some good stories about failed medicals, pretty sad they failed so many of us for some good reasons but also some real bad reasons. My room had about 40 to 50 people in it so I don't know about the rest of the people in the other room. We were given ZERO information about the next class also.
    That's bad news for me. I have to hope a boat load of candidates fail their drug screen or prints. Over 200 candidates for processing today is not good news for me. If I was clever enough I would have gone to the Jewel Parking lot to get an actual count of candidates showing up today. This sucks, wish I was at processing today.

Forum Member

Post email

Or you could email me. bugsy@witchesbrew.zzn.com
    Will try to email tomorrow (sunday). Need to use an address that doesn't show my name. Sorry about being confidential, however, you are probably one of the only candidates who will understand why I'm so secretive about who I am or what I need to talk to you about. You are going to be in the next academy you lucky rat bastard! Right now, I wish I was you.

Forum Member

Default Numbers

While I was getting finger printed Ms. Ghant told one of the administrators there were 79 Paramedics and 97 FF/EMT that needed to be processed. As far as who was there on the FF/EMT side, everyone I talked to had completed their physical, and a few guys were hold overs from the last round for various reasons.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TRCO2H View Post
    While I was getting finger printed Ms. Ghant told one of the administrators there were 79 Paramedics and 97 FF/EMT that needed to be processed. As far as who was there on the FF/EMT side, everyone I talked to had completed their physical, and a few guys were hold overs from the last round for various reasons.
    Was anyone else there today besides Trco2h and myself?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default !!!!!

ashtray your such a stroke its not even funny.....

anyway, i was their guys, you didnt see that they had no idea what to tell us next?? thats because this was an all new part of the process. we are going to get a letter in a few weeks to go down for final processing then we will start a few weeks after that.

the class will be dec.1 so get ready girls!!! we will find out who everyone is then (wink, wink) no more secrets!! (name mentioned above)

Forum Member

Default sat 10/18

Was anyone else there today besides Trco2h and myself?
    I was down there too. Didn't hear anything about how many were down there, but I wouldn't be surprised if your estimate of 100 was correct. Complete waste of time though, in my opinion. I've heard from a couple sources (medics on the job who have done stints as instructors at the academy) that the Dec. 1 date is still on.

Forum Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by fireman22 View Post
    ashtray your such a stroke its not even funny.....

anyway, i was their guys, you didnt see that they had no idea what to tell us next?? thats because this was an all new part of the process. we are going to get a letter in a few weeks to go down for final processing then we will start a few weeks after that.

the class will be dec.1 so get ready girls!!! we will find out who everyone is then (wink, wink) no more secrets!! (name mentioned above)
    Yawn! Secrets? Why wait for the next class? Why not post your personal info on this thread today, right now? Just as I thought, you won't. Humm, "i was their guys", bet you were shower boy, soap on a rope sound familiar gentlemen? It's OK fireman22, everybody knows (wink, wink). I got an idea, lets stop ripping in to each other, and instead, concentrate on providing information that helps everybody for the next academy.

Forum Member

I was there Saturday as well. Same old ****. Didn't take a shower there though

Forum Member

Default 10/18 processing

i was there as well.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TRCO2H View Post
    That jives with what I heard one of the administrators say as well, 186 total. Seems like that would be too many for one class.

Hey United, the 110 for the next class that you heard, do you think that is total after the EMT training, crossovers and new hires?
    Last edited by bigern79; 10-20-2008 at 02:03 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigern79 View Post
    That jives with what I heard one of the administrators say as well, 186 total. Seems like that would be too many for one class.

Hey United, the 110 for the next class that you heard, do you think that is total after the EMT training, crossovers and new hires?
    Those 79 medic candidates will not be in our class. They haven't had the background or medical yet. They are where we were on April 5th.
    Last edited by bugsy2007; 10-20-2008 at 02:36 PM.

Forum Member

Those 79 medic candidates will not be in our class. They haven't had the background or medical yet. They are where we were on April 5th.
    That's good to hear, I'm in the high 400's and I'm hoping I'm in the next class.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigern79 View Post
    That's good to hear, I'm in the high 400's and I'm hoping I'm in the next class.
    I don't know if you were in the cafateria but Ms. Ghant told us we would receive a letter for final processing if we pass the latest round of drug and finger print tests. I would assume it's going to be a large class by the amount of people there that day.

Forum Member

Well I Have Been Keeping Up With All The Updates And Have Never Posted Anything And Am Grateful To The Ones Who Have But I Have Also Been Going Through The Process And Was There On Saturday, I Am Glad Im Part Of The Group. I Have Talk To Several Of You And Everyone Seems Like Good Peoples And I Look Forward To Making Some New Good Friends And Become Part Of A Tight Family If And When We Get The Letter Saying We Made It. The Reason I Am Posting Something Now Is Because I Know Alot Of You Dont Live In The City And Are Going To Be Going Crazy Looking 4 A Place In A Few Weeks. I Live On The South Side Of Chicago About 6 Blocks From Midway Airport My Tenants From The First Floor Will Be Leaving On The 15th Of November Incase Anyone Is Interested Weather You Have A Family Or 2 Bachelors Want To Share The Apartment During The Academy Cause Im Sure Once Our Year Is Done Everyone Is Going To Want Either A House Or A Condo Its Not A Bad Neighborhood And I Think The Rent Is Reasonable No Contract No Deposit Just A Handshake With A Future Brother. Let Me Know. Good Luck To All!

Forum Member

I don't know if you were in the cafateria but Ms. Ghant told us we would receive a letter for final processing if we pass the latest round of drug and finger print tests. I would assume it's going to be a large class by the amount of people there that day.
    I WAS IN THE CAFAFERIA WHEN SHE SAID IT AS WELL, I HAVE BEEN KEEPING UP WITH ALL THE UPDATES EVERYONE HAS GIVEN AND THE UPDATES ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED (UNITED). THE REASON I AM NOW POSTING IS BECAUSE BY THE LOOKS OF IT WE ARE VERY CLOSE AND I KNOW THAT SOME OF YOU DONT LIVE IN THE CITY.MY TENANTS WILL BE LEAVING THE 15TH OF NOVEMBER AND I KNOW SOME OF YOU WILL BE GOING CRAZY TRYING TO FIND SOMEWHERE TO MOVE. SO IF YOUR INTERESTED IN RENTING A 2 BEDROOM FIRST FLOOR NEAR MIDWAY ( ABOUT 6 BLOCKS AND ABOUT 15 MINUTES FROM THE ACADEMY) WEATHER YOU HAVE A FAMILY OR 2 BACHELORS BEING ROOMATES THROUGH THE ACADEMY LET ME KNOW. NO LEASE NO DEPOSIT ONLY A HANDSHAKE FROM MY FUTURE FRIENDS AND NEW BROTHERS OR SISTERS CAUSE THERE ARE A COUPLE OF FEMALES. I KNOW IT WILL ONLY BE A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME CAUSE IF AND WHEN WE GRADUATE EVERYONE IS GOING TO BUY A HOUSE OR A CONDO IF THEY DONT ALREADY HAVE ONE. I HAVE TALKED TO ALOT OF PEOPLE DURING THE WHOLE PROCESS SINCE APRIL AND EVERYONE SEEMS LIKE GOOD PEOPLE.JUST PUTTING IT OUT THERE BEFORE I RENT IT OUT TO SOMEONE ELSE. GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND I HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON AGAIN BUT THIS TIME IN A SUIT ALTHOUGH SOEM OF YOU STILL WENT IN A SUIT SATURDAY. NO DISRESPECT BUT IT WAS KIND OF FUNNY CAUSE ON THE LOOK OF YOUR FACE YOU FELT A LITTLE UNCOMFORTABLE AND OVERDRESSED BUT ITS ALL GOOD BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY.

Forum Member

Default Test Test Test

Test Test Test

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IEDAL0081 View Post
    Test Test Test
    One, two, three....

Forum Member

One, two, three....
    WASNT SURE IF THE OTHER MESSEGES WENT THROUGH OR NOT I GUESS THEY DID

Forum Member

Default Test Test Test

I Stilll Dont Know If Im Doing This Right Why Dosent It Show Up Right Away?

MembersZone Subscriber

I don't know everything not even close, but I would think since the crossovers are already city employees, they would not have to re-pass a background check, it would be logical they had to get another medical though, but maybe not. I also heard from an instructor, Dec. 1st roughly 100 guys and the class after that 150 guys. Thats what I heard, not a fact.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlKalineTrio View Post
    I don't know everything not even close, but I would think since the crossovers are already city employees, they would not have to re-pass a background check, it would be logical they had to get another medical though, but maybe not. I also heard from an instructor, Dec. 1st roughly 100 guys and the class after that 150 guys. Thats what I heard, not a fact.
    you're right. the medics that were there on saturday are "new hire" medics-to-be (pretty sure they are the first group off the new medic list). they did pictures, prints, hair and urine. this is the start to their backgrounds.

all the crossovers have to do is: take the 2006 test, pass the PAT, and then take a medical.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by 233wacker View Post
    you're right. the medics that were there on saturday are "new hire" medics-to-be (pretty sure they are the first group off the new medic list). they did pictures, prints, hair and urine. this is the start to their backgrounds.

all the crossovers have to do is: take the 2006 test, pass the PAT, and then take a medical.
    The new hires would make sense however I think they are at least 2 to 3 classes deep already from the new medic list. They had the 1st class starting in Jan. or Feb. I think

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 233wacker View Post

Hey guys and gals, would a current City of Chicago employee have to go through a background check also? Or does this pertain to just crossovers? It would be nice to just shoot through straight to the medical after passing the PAT.

Forum Member

Single role medics were from the old list in 2004. They have not hired anyone off of the new list which came out, I believe, in early 2007.

Crossovers don't have to do background checks but do have to do medicals.

Haven't heard any numbers on how many civilians vs. crossovers in the upcoming classes (contract requires a minimum of 10%). Have heard that there will be two classes (medic and fire) starting in Dec....then again in March...rumor is around 100 in each class (which is much larger than typical classes)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownMedic View Post
    Single role medics were from the old list in 2004. They have not hired anyone off of the new list which came out, I believe, in early 2007.

Crossovers don't have to do background checks but do have to do medicals.

Haven't heard any numbers on how many civilians vs. crossovers in the upcoming classes (contract requires a minimum of 10%). Have heard that there will be two classes (medic and fire) starting in Dec....then again in March...rumor is around 100 in each class (which is much larger than typical classes)
    Thanks for the updates!!!

Thread Information