Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Here we go: this from the Instructor's mouth today, we were told this in the 'upcomming events' portion of rollcall....

Dec. 1: 100 civillians, 15 crossovers
    March 1: 160 candidates!

So take for what it's worth...just updating the amxious

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by UnitedWeStand View Post
    Here we go: this from the Instructor's mouth today, we were told this in the 'upcomming events' portion of rollcall....

So take for what it's worth...just updating the amxious
    Do you think that the group that just took the PAT last week has any chance to get into the Dec. 1st class? I know it is going to be cutting it close.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by seventies View Post
    Do you think that the group that just took the PAT last week has any chance to get into the Dec. 1st class? I know it is going to be cutting it close.
    I would say no.

Forum Member

Question Test Again

Cuatro, Cinco, Seis I Still Dont How I Post A Reply

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by seventies View Post
    Probably not, but if a 160 candidate class in March is legit, you have a good shot at that!

Forum Member

Did anyone who took their medical between the 6th through the 10th of October receive anything in the mail yet?

Forum Member

Default Medical 10/6-10/10

Quote Originally Posted by ashtray View Post
    Did anyone who took their medical between the 6th through the 10th of October receive anything in the mail yet?
    No. Nothing besides to report on 10/18.

Forum Member

I received the letter to show up on the 18th, but nothing after that.

MembersZone Subscriber

Wink

As I'm sitting here at my computer at 4:01 in the morning getting ready to workout, go to clinicals, and study my *** off to pass my National Registry on the first try to attain the classification of EMT Paramedic, I can only read this thread and think of how much I envy you bastards who were ranked closer to 0 then the rest, including myself, and have the chance to work for, in my opinion, the greatest city on earth.. minus the mayor and transportation issues. I've said it before and I will say it again. Do not **** this up.

Forum Member

Angry Further processing

Quote Originally Posted by TRCO2H View Post
    I received the letter to show up on the 18th, but nothing after that.
    How did you pull that off? On the 4th of October you go down to schedule your medical between the 6th and the 10th of October. On the 7th of October you get a letter for further processing on the 18th. Did you even take your medical yet? Even if you took your medical on the 6th or the day of, receiving your letter for further processing, the CFD wouldn't have your results from the medical back yet. Hey bugsy do you have any info on this? The CFD sends TRCO2H's group down on the 18th and they haven't cleared medical yet, and I'm left in the cold waiting for my doctor's clearance so I can continue processing. This is B.S. I'm going to be passed over again. WTF!

Forum Member

How did you pull that off? On the 4th of October you go down to schedule your medical between the 6th and the 10th of October. On the 7th of October you get a letter for further processing on the 18th. Did you even take your medical yet? Even if you took your medical on the 6th or the day of, receiving your letter for further processing, the CFD wouldn't have your results from the medical back yet. Hey bugsy do you have any info on this? The CFD sends TRCO2H's group down on the 18th and they haven't cleared medical yet, and I'm left in the cold waiting for my doctor's clearance so I can continue processing. This is B.S. I'm going to be passed over again. WTF!
    What your saying is true..some people received a letter to come down on the 18th. without taking the medical. These people were scheduled for the week of the 6th. and if they failed they would of been contacted to not show up on the 18th. Sounds strange but I believe thats what happened.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy2007 View Post
    What your saying is true..some people received a letter to come down on the 18th. without taking the medical. These people were scheduled for the week of the 6th. and if they failed they would of been contacted to not show up on the 18th. Sounds strange but I believe thats what happened.
    I ALSO RECIEVED THE LETTER TO REPORT ON THE 18TH THE SAME DAY I WENT TO TAKE MY MEDICAL , REMEMBER MS.GHANT SAID THAT SOME OF US WHERE THERE BECAUSE SHE HAD JUST RECEIVED THE DOCTORS RESULTS AND THATS WHY WE WHERE NOT CALLED NOT TO SHOW UP I WAS ONE OF THOSE UNFORTUNATE ONES OR SHOULD I SAY FORTUNATE BECAUSE I RECIEVED A LETTER SAYING THAT MY CHOLESTORAL WAS HIGH AND I HAD TO FOLLOW UP WITH MY DOCTOR I WENT THE NEXT DAY TO SEE MY DOCTOR AND HE WROTE ME A LETTER SAYING I WAS FINE TO JOIN THE ACADEMY BUT THAT HE WAS GOING TO RUN SOME MORE TEST ON ME. I TOOK THAT LETTER TO HEADQUARTERS AND THE NURSE SAID I WOULD HAVE TO FAX HER THE COPIES OF THE TEST RESULTS CAUSE THE DOCTOR ON THEIR SIDE WOULD NOT CLEAR ME I WAS VERY ****ED CAUSE NOW I WOULD HAVE TO WAIT A COUPLE OF WEEKS FOR THIS PAPER WORK BUT SHE CALLED ME A COUPLE HOURS LATER AND SAID THAT THE DOCTOR HAD CLEARED ME AND I HAD TO DO NOTHING I WAS SO HAPPY THAT THE STUPID GORILLA WAS OFF MY BACK I HOPE I GET A LETTER SOON WITH A START DATE HOPE THIS HELPS SOME OF YOU GOOD LUCK

Forum Member

Default Hey Ashtray

I don't know what to tell you. I did in fact receive that letter to report on the 18th before I took my medical, and in that letter it states "In the event you are not medically cleared, you will be notified not to report on this date." I am no expert in medical reporting, but I AM CERTAIN that a week and a half is more than enough time to process the medical results of the 24 candidates who scheduled on the 4th, especially since the results of most of the exams you take at the medical (except blood and urine) are obtained immediately, and you are told if you passed or failed (if you ask) right then and there.

Forum Member

Default Post

How Long Do The Replies Take Before They Are Posted

Forum Member

Default Next Academy

Thanks for the info bugsy. Has anyone recieved a final letter for the December class?

Forum Member

Thumbs up Troco2h

Quote Originally Posted by TRCO2H View Post
    I don't know what to tell you. I did in fact receive that letter to report on the 18th before I took my medical, and in that letter it states "In the event you are not medically cleared, you will be notified not to report on this date." I am no expert in medical reporting, but I AM CERTAIN that a week and a half is more than enough time to process the medical results of the 24 candidates who scheduled on the 4th, especially since the results of most of the exams you take at the medical (except blood and urine) are obtained immediately, and you are told if you passed or failed (if you ask) right then and there.
    Wish I was in your group. You went on to the next stage and probably passed everything you need to pass. I'm still waiting for my doctor's results. Hopefully I'll see you in the next academy. Good luck and nice job.

Forum Member

Thanks for the info bugsy. Has anyone recieved a final letter for the December class?
    I have not, but I heard that letters will be going out this week. Hopefully that will happen

Forum Member

Post Gut Feeling!

Quote Originally Posted by tmpc2007 View Post
    I have not, but I heard that letters will be going out this week. Hopefully that will happen
    I have a gut feeling the next academy is Dec. 1st.. However, A source close to me says the next academy will be after the new year. Does anyone have info that is concrete for Dec 1st.?

Forum Member

Default Posted By United We Stand Earlier this Week

So take for what it's worth...just updating the anxious

We'll See.

Forum Member

I hope Dec. 1st. is true but I'm to the point now that I don't believe anything until I have it in writing.

Forum Member

Default Next Step for the Next Group

According to a friend of mine in the mid 700s-- received a letter today to report on sat 11/8. Also received "applicant questionare." Sounds like pre-background processing like what was done on 4/5.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Hey guys just received the letter today that I passed the PAT and to go down to the Fire Academy South on Nov. 8 for preliminary processing. Think I have any luck of getting in the Dec. class, if they have a Dec. class?

Forum Member

Default Social Security Earnings Statement

Bugsy, I was processed on the 18th and now I'm waiting for my BI to contact me. I am on the medic side. When you went to the Social Security Office to try and get your earnings statement were you successful? I know you said it costs 50 bucks but were you able to receive the form? Any info would help. Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago1 View Post
    Bugsy, I was processed on the 18th and now I'm waiting for my BI to contact me. I am on the medic side. When you went to the Social Security Office to try and get your earnings statement were you successful? I know you said it costs 50 bucks but were you able to receive the form? Any info would help. Thanks.
    I went there and was told $50 for the earnings statement but they didn't accept cash so I had to go home and get my credit card, I went back and sat in line for another hour and my wife called to tell me she found the statement so I gladly left. It's $50 and takes 2 weeks?? to receive. The statements are mailed in yearly in November so you may be OK.

Forum Member

I went there and was told $50 for the earnings statement but they didn't accept cash so I had to go home and get my credit card, I went back and sat in line for another hour and my wife called to tell me she found the statement so I gladly left. It's $50 and takes 2 weeks?? to receive. The statements are mailed in yearly in November so you may be OK.
    Thanks for the prompt response. I already requested one via the internet and it said 2-4 weeks and it was free. So I'll just stick with that and hopefully the investigator won't need it.

Thread Information