Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Question

Just checking, if you are an alternate it would say so in the letter correct?

Hey guys I first like to congratulate you guys on receiving the good news. I am in a bit of an anxious situation here, I have gone through all the processing, gone down on Oct 18, passed the medical evaluation, etc. I haven't yet received that final letter yet. Does anyone know if more may be mailed friday or sat? I am positive my drug and background check is golden. My # is in the mid 300's. I just hope I don't miss out on the 1st. Also is there a possibility that there might be more than one date for final processing? Any response would be greatly appreciated. Congrats again!

Hey guys I first like to congratulate you guys on receiving the good news. I am in a bit of an anxious situation here, I have gone through all the processing, gone down on Oct 18, passed the medical evaluation, etc. I haven't yet received that final letter yet. Does anyone know if more may be mailed friday or sat? I am positive my drug and background check is golden. My # is in the mid 300's. I just hope I don't miss out on the 1st. Also is there a possibility that there might be more than one date for final processing? Any response would be greatly appreciated. Congrats again!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default College transcripts

congratulations to the guys that are starting December 1st!!

I have a question about college trascripts. It says in the background packet "offical college trancripts sent by the school" but I don't want to take the chance of the transcripts being delayed or not not sent out at all. Did anyone pick up your sealed official transcripts and just send them in yourself?

thanks

Forum Member

Angry

Hey moderators! What's the holdup on posting my threads?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by adamib View Post
    united your not an alternate, I recieved my letter and I am an alternate it states it on the letter, Im really glad things are moving and to everyone else good luck! and I am a vet also so maybe that is worth something.
    bigern...this post is from june (for the july 1 class). not sure if they are doing things the same way, but they did state alternate on adamib's letter.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CFDBulldog View Post

I have a question about college trascripts. It says in the background packet "offical college trancripts sent by the school" but I don't want to take the chance of the transcripts being delayed or not not sent out at all. Did anyone pick up your sealed official transcripts and just send them in yourself?

thanks
    get two copies: one that you have sent directly to personnel, and a second one that you have mailed to yourself (keep the envelope sealed and dont open it). bring the extra one with, just in case they didnt get the one from the school.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 233wacker View Post
    bigern...this post is from june (for the july 1 class). not sure if they are doing things the same way, but they did state alternate on adamib's letter.
    Thanks...I saw the same post, just wanted to see if anyone heard anything different. Hopefully it's all good.

Forum Member

thanks
    I was thinking about not even bothering with my college transcripts, I have my high school stuff in the mail. Is that a good idea, or should I get the college stuff?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by seventies View Post
    I was thinking about not even bothering with my college transcripts, I have my high school stuff in the mail. Is that a good idea, or should I get the college stuff?

Get the college transcripts. Those college classes may help you down the road for promotions, etc. You want them in your file.

Also, congrats on the Phillies. Where did you go to school out there? I went to West Chester!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TRCO2H View Post
    Get the college transcripts. Those college classes may help you down the road for promotions, etc. You want them in your file...
    haha - that's funny.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TRCO2H View Post
    Get the college transcripts. Those college classes may help you down the road for promotions, etc. You want them in your file.

Also, congrats on the Phillies. Where did you go to school out there? I went to West Chester!
    Cool, I went to Temple. I am stoked about the phills, going to hit the parade today its going to be a mess. Apparently the fine citizens of Philadelphia destroyed a ladder and an engine in the post game celebration. There is a youtube video of it happening.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by seventies View Post
    I spoke with Ms. Ghant and she said it's best to send them in advance because she will have to look through over 100 peoples transcripts so the earlier in the better. I had two sealed sets of transcripts so I just made a label and sent them to her the next day.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Reference letters

In the background packet it says list three references not related to you and not former employers to evaluate your character, ability, experience, personality and other qualities. On another sheet it says three reference letters describing character and length of acquaintance. For the guys that already went through the background do we need physical letters or do we need to just list our references.

Thanks

Forum Member

In the background packet it says list three references not related to you and not former employers to evaluate your character, ability, experience, personality and other qualities. On another sheet it says three reference letters describing character and length of acquaintance. For the guys that already went through the background do we need physical letters or do we need to just list our references.

Thanks
    you need the letters. i'd ask four or five people for letters, and use the best three. and you have a better chance of getting three, in case somebody takes their time, and doesnt get it to you by the 8th.

Hey guys, For all you guys who received the letter congrats. I have a quick question though. I been through all the processing: Medical evualtion, background check, etc and I went down there on Oct 18 for another background check. I was in the same boat as all the guys who got the letter to report on the dec 1. However I didn't get a letter yet. Does anyone have any contact Info? Ms. Ghant number? or a number that might answer my question? Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by 233wacker View Post
    you need the letters. i'd ask four or five people for letters, and use the best three. and you have a better chance of getting three, in case somebody takes their time, and doesnt get it to you by the 8th.
    Hey guys, For all you guys who received the letter congrats. I have a quick question though. I been through all the processing: Medical evualtion, background check, etc and I went down there on Oct 18 for another background check. I was in the same boat as all the guys who got the letter to report on the dec 1. However I didn't get a letter yet. Does anyone have any contact Info? Ms. Ghant number? or a number that might answer my question? Thanks guys.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by frank06 View Post
    Ms Ghant-312-746-6902 x151

Forum Member

What is the dress code if you are going down on November 8th?? Do we have to wear a tie? Thanks for the help. I am assuming that we do, but I just wanted to check

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by irish2847 View Post
    What is the dress code if you are going down on November 8th?? Do we have to wear a tie? Thanks for the help. I am assuming that we do, but I just wanted to check
    I'm not sure what is going on the 8th. If it does not say specifically in your letter how to dress, you can wear whatever you like. For the guys going down tomorrow (Nov. 6th) it specifically states "Business Attire", but for all the other times I've been down there there was no dress code. I would suggest something comfortable, as these processing days can last awhile. Good Luck.

Forum Member

What time are you guys showing up tomorrow? I was thinking of getting there about 7:45ish tomorrow. I don't want to get there too early and **** them off.

Forum Member

Smile perfect time

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy2007 View Post
    What time are you guys showing up tomorrow? I was thinking of getting there about 7:45ish tomorrow. I don't want to get there too early and **** them off.
    Perfect time. Just don't show up at 8:55. I feel like a little kid on the night before Christmas!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy2007 View Post
    I was planning about the same time, maybe a little closer to 8. See yall in the morning!!!

Forum Member

Does Ms Ghant answer background check questions? I remember her saying that there is one process that she is not really involved with.

Default New to the forum ..

Havent heard anything since my letter in 2006 is there anyone i could call to find out whats going on? Im getting nervous

Thread Information