Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 555 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152262112512 ... LastLast
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

That's it folks, the show's over; everyone please go home. We are all done here.

MembersZone Subscriber

yea I am under the impression that they hire civilian paramedics and then train them to be chicago fire dept. paramedics, and i'm wondering how this process works.

Forum Member

The term fireparamedic applies to a civilian paramedic hired off of a non-tested list to serve as a single role (on an ambulance) employee. Fireparamedics who took the 1995 entrance exam are eligible to "cross over" meaning they would get FFII training and then be assigned to Als engine companies in a dual role. They often run concurrent firefighter and paramedic academies.

MembersZone Subscriber

okay now we're getting somewhere, where and how do you apply to the paramedic position???

MembersZone Subscriber

Smitty is right the only way right now you could be a paramedic and then get trained as a firefighter is if you are already a paramedic working for the city in a single paramedic role and took the 95 exam and passed. Then based on seniortiy and per union contract 10% of every fire class has to be CFD paramedics crossing over. Since the 95 list is still being used to hire off of this is still true. As for the city hiring paramedics someone else here said they do it with pretty good frequency but you already have to be a paramedic prior to being hired. If you are a medic and get hired you had to have taken this most recent test and then wait for your time to come, meanwhile being a single role medic. I dont know when they will be hiring medics next, but if anyone is already a medic and took the test I would try and get hired next time the city opens up for paramedic, as I understand it there is no test just a application list.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

lets keep this on the first page of the job forums....i know it sounds corny, but i just want to keep hearin the rumors and all the scuttle butt about chi town!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by capt107efd
    lets keep this on the first page of the job forums....i know it sounds corny, but i just want to keep hearin the rumors and all the scuttle butt about chi town!!!
    Well, the lastest rumor is that nobody has written results yet...

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Latest and Greatest

Does anyone have any idea as to when we may hear something regarding the written examination? Any word/rumors floating around from da Dept. of Personnel?

Forum Member

I'm going to assume that everyone that took the test in this thread passed, the reason for this is because if you are smart enough to figure out how to turn a computer on and register for the forums you could pass that test :P.

Anyways only thing we can do is continue the wait, as much as that sucks.

Forum Member

I forgot to add...

I do have a family member in the CFD whom took the '85 test, I talked to him about his thought on this test from what he understands the '06 appilicants will start going to the academy most likely next year, he thinks that there will be one more class from the '95 test.

However these are just his thought, don't count them as facts.

MembersZone Subscriber

The last class of the 95 list will go through in November.

And the new list will be effective January 07
    Last edited by BIGBOS1; 07-30-2006 at 05:02 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Its August 1st...anyone heard anything?

MembersZone Subscriber

nope, i'd say everyone should realistically start getting anxious for results in september or october.

Forum Member

Question

Any other Females on here waiting on CFD as well as I? I haven't heard too much concern from the Ladies about this..............or maybe i'm just one of the few women who really want this.

MembersZone Subscriber

i know whats going on....te company that put on the test needs areason to keep its employees, so they are dragging this out until the next big test they are contracted for.......i mean come on man, it was a computer score sheet, i could see if they had to hand grade the things but this is ridicuolous, all we want is our scores!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

I copied and pasted this from someone in the CPD forums:

A couple of CFD instructors came to the academy to teach today, and during the break, I ask one of the instructors about the results. He stated that the results will be mailed out by the end of Aug or the middle of Sept. Good Luck everyone who took the test.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yes, and the offical new list will be in effect January 07

Forum Member

Default Info from Personnel office

I called the Personnel office and asked if they had any idea as to when the written examination results would be available. The woman informed me that the results would be made available in October. No specific date or idea if it will be earlier or later in the month. Thanks for the updated info. guys!

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

I cant wait....i am getting impatient! LOL

Forum Member

What's up everybody. New to the forum, and like everyone else that tested, i'm patiently waiting any hint of a sign of advancing to the next step to come my way.

Thread Information