Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 554 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162363113513 ... LastLast
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Anyone hear anything or get anything in the mail?

Not to be a jerk here but I think if anyone has heard anything or got anything in the mail, this forum would be errupting in replies

Forum Member

We should put CFD on our backburners, and concentrate on getting jobs with other depts . It may be years before any of us see a job with CFD.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Any luck?? I shouldnt even get my hopes up!! Its pretty bad when Columbus Ohio is already into the physical part and they tested after us!! By the way, is everyone ok from the ambulance wreck?

MembersZone Subscriber pedalinmedic's Avatar

Default people let it go!

its not even close to being "bad".... CFD has to process over 25000 test. Columbus might have 500 to process.
    I said it once and i will say it again... all you did by taking the CFD test was buy a lottery ticket. Do you sit at home watching for the lottery results 24/7? i doubt it.
    my advice, let it go...move on. If you get lucky, CFD will call you.

best of luck on the columbus test.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pedalinmedic
    its not even close to being "bad".... CFD has to process over 25000 test. Columbus might have 500 to process.
    I said it once and i will say it again... all you did by taking the CFD test was buy a lottery ticket. Do you sit at home watching for the lottery results 24/7? i doubt it.
    my advice, let it go...move on. If you get lucky, CFD will call you.

best of luck on the columbus test.
    Actually, Columbus had over 5,000 applicants.

Forum Member

Default New Exam?

There is a rumor, and rumor only, that 72% of white people passed the last exam and only 12% of minorities passed. This supposedly is not sitting well with cerain individuals with the CFD and now I hear that they may be giving everybody a refund and compiling a new test. I don't know if anybody has heard anything remotely close to this, but if this is true it would be quite interesting to see how much easier the next test will be. Remember that this is not official information by any means. I heard it from a firefighter with CFD.

Forum Member

TFF in a head rubbing kind of way. I guess we will find out for sure in Oct. Though I can't imagine only 12% of the minorities taking it passed. It was a pretty easy test . I feel bad for CFD if this true, I can't imagine the hell that will be raised.

MembersZone Subscriber

Angry

Well, ill tell you what....if Chicago 1 is right, thats a bunch of HORSE HOCKEY!! Why is it that evryone else is getting punished for what the "minorities" did? I am a Puerto Rican, so that makes me a minority...I know I did good on the test, because I made an effort to study, concentrate on the material, buy study guides, take my time, read the questions, traveled from out of state, took pride in my work, actually want to become a fireman, and i wasnt forced to go take a test by the unemployment office to show I am looking for a job.....if this is the case, City of Chicago watch out for a huge lawsuit..The next thing you know...the caucasion male will be taking the test for us minorities(Puerto Ricans included!!!)

Forum Member

I think that if CFD decided to follow through with this re-test they would be dealing with lawsuits up the WAAZOOO from every race imaginable. This is why I am having a hard time believing they would re-test. I also think that over 12% of minorities passed this test. Like I said earlier everybody knows that firefighters are the best at starting goofy rumors, so who knows.

If they refund it.... I want my money back for the test... and flight and hotel

Forum Member

If this is true I may not even retest, as much as I want to be a firefighter in Chicago, there is no way I would want to work with people who couldn't pass that test. This isn't just some brainless job that a monkey could do, if you make a mistake it could cause injuries or even death to others...Guess I'll just stick to testing in the burbs instead.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JHR1985
    If they refund it.... I want my money back for the test... and flight and hotel
    Don't forget the $16 parking if you drove to the test.

Forum Member

If there is one thing I know about the internet, it's that rumors spread crazy fast. So I wouldn't bank on heresay.

But, my curiosity was aroused and I crunched some numbers of the supposed scenario that Chicago1 has been presented with.

There was a total of 24,894 applicants according to the article in the SunTimes by City Hall Reporter Fran Spielman shortly after the test was administered.

Of the total:
    49% (12,198) were White
    51% (12,696) were Minorities (breakdown is below)

26% (6,472) were Black
    21% (5,228) were Hispanic
    2% (498) were Asian
    2% (498) were Other

Now, if in fact, 72% of the White applicants passed, that number = 8,782

And, if in fact, the percent of ALL minorities that passed is a dismal 12%, that number = 1,524.

Seems fishy. but I'll let you draw your own conclusions. But also be aware that the "% passed" are based on rumors.
    Last edited by jabuan; 09-21-2006 at 10:59 AM. Reason: incomplete

Forum Member

If nobody heard. It's official, 17,000 people passed the test.APPLICANTS WHO PASSED FIREFIGHTER EXAM

54 Percent white

21 Percent African-American

20 Percent Hispanic

3 Percent Asian and Native American

I got all of this from the Chicago Tribune.
    Last edited by beeballs; 09-26-2006 at 10:45 AM.

Forum Member

Forum Member

I would guess we can start expecting results in the next month or so, hopefully they will tell us what number we were randomly selected so we will be able to make realistic estimates whether will we move on or not.

Forum Member

I actually just got my results today...it says my randomly assigned number
    Last edited by Outlet05; 09-26-2006 at 03:44 PM.

Forum Member

Default Letter

Got my letter in the mail today. Anybody else get there's. It says that I qualified and they assigned me a random number. There is 17,063 candidates left.

Forum Member

Default Test Results

Nice job for everyone that passed, now hopefully we'll all get hired soon. I'm still waiting for my mail, so I'm just a bit anxious.

Thread Information