Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BAGUAYO0929 View Post
    Took the agility test in feb. (the stair climb, hose drag) and recv the letter stating that I passed in april. Was wondering where am I in regard to processing. Am I still in the beginning or have my missed something. Reading all these posts have helped but now I am afraid that I may have not recvd a package. Also I dont have a clue on what # I am , if this helps my social # ends in 9 and my last name starts with an "A". Any information or help will be greatly appreciated.
    The number everyone keeps talking about is the number you got on the letter saying you passed the written test three years ago. the letter says to "keep for your records" so I kept mine not knowing if they would ever ask for it or not.
    As far as the background investigation goes, not everyone that passed the PAT back in Feb. and Mar. got the packet. I didn't get mine yet. I know, waiting in the dark is killer. Rumor around the campfire is there will be two more classes this year, 1 in august sometime and then, hopefully, another before years end.

Keep your fingers crossed

Forum Member

CDean, I hear ya, it sucks.

My number was passed over in another city in order to fill race requirements, the city even told me this! Then I find out that they were spoon feeding the answers to the students in that city's academy in order to pass EMT and keep their quota. Don't get too upset about things, you only stress yourself out. I have always subscribed to the thinking that nature always has a way of sorting things out, it just takes time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jarobi View Post
    You're right...the process was bad before and it will be bad after we have gone through it.
    I spoke with Ms. Ghant today, and she said letters for final processing were mailed today. Looks like the academy is going to be the beginning of august.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOMUSSEAL View Post
    I spoke with Ms. Ghant today, and she said letters for final processing were mailed today. Looks like the academy is going to be the beginning of august.
    Seal- Do you think Ms Ghant would be able to shed some light on the next batch of interest cards? I don't want to bother her but that info would be very helpful to me. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by seventies View Post
    CDean, I hear ya, it sucks.

My number was passed over in another city in order to fill race requirements, the city even told me this! Then I find out that they were spoon feeding the answers to the students in that city's academy in order to pass EMT and keep their quota. Don't get too upset about things, you only stress yourself out. I have always subscribed to the thinking that nature always has a way of sorting things out, it just takes time.
    Guys Just be happy you have gotten this far in the process and you will get further its only a matter of time, affirmative action has been in this country for 400 years, its just been open to the majority only until about 30 years ago. The meaning of it is to correct past wrongs (on a stats scale), its nothing against an individual and just only needed for 10 or 15 years max. Remember the "blacks and the hispanics" did not create the previous 400 years of affirmative action, but it will be up to all of us to finally solve it.

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOMUSSEAL View Post
    Now that is some good news to hear!

Forum Member

Default health question

i have a health question for anyone who has had the medical review. i have high cholesterol that runs in my family. i have it under control with no medication and good diet. can they knock me out for this?

Forum Member

Default medical question

I just talked with ms Ghant today and she said some of my labs come back crazy dose anybody know what they looked for? was it just triglycerides and cholesterol and if anybody else had lab results come back messed up what did you have to do to fix it? any help would be great thx

Forum Member

does ms ghant have an email

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cellmaster47 View Post
    Guys Just be happy you have gotten this far in the process and you will get further its only a matter of time, affirmative action has been in this country for 400 years, its just been open to the majority only until about 30 years ago. The meaning of it is to correct past wrongs (on a stats scale), its nothing against an individual and just only needed for 10 or 15 years max. Remember the "blacks and the hispanics" did not create the previous 400 years of affirmative action, but it will be up to all of us to finally solve it.
    So in order to correct years of wrong doing to one group of people, the answer is to wrong a different group of poeple. That is completely bass ackwards. In 20-30 years from now are the powers that be going to go back and flip the wrong doing again? Is this just a cycle? This needs to end now.

And I'm not sure what you mean by "open to the majority". The whole principal behind affirmative action is against the majority and to help the minority.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JRH1980 View Post
    Seal- Do you think Ms Ghant would be able to shed some light on the next batch of interest cards? I don't want to bother her but that info would be very helpful to me. Thoughts?
    Not sure if she would be able to provide you with information like that, but from the rumors I am hearing, they dont plan on sending interest cards out until sometime next year

Forum Member

Default August 17, 2009!!!!!

I got my letter today guys! I amost knocked the mailman over when he got to my place. Class starts August 17. Hope all of you got one too!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackthunder92 View Post
    I got my letter today guys! I amost knocked the mailman over when he got to my place. Class starts August 17. Hope all of you got one too!
    when is final processing?

Forum Member

when is final processing?
    July 15 @ 0900

Forum Member

0900? i thought they would start at 0800. I hope i get something today. I'm stuck at work until 5:30.

Forum Member

Default next 2 classes

Congrats to those starting the Aug class!!!! Do you guys think they really have enough people in processing to fill tht class AND another one at the end of the year?

Forum Member

0900? i thought they would start at 0800. I hope i get something today. I'm stuck at work until 5:30.
    Yeah, I had to look at it twice. 0900. Good luck man, hope you get one.

Forum Member

Default And the process continues

My wife just called and said my packet and a letter arrived from CFD.
    I am to go down to Clinton for preliminary processing on the 18th of July at 0800.
    I think she is more excited than I am.

And the process continues...

Forum Member

Smile August 17th!!!

I got my letter...My Girlfriend called and told me the mailman had delivered the good news. I can't believe this is happening. I can't wait to get started.

Forum Member

Default Congrats to all !!!!

Good to hear that everything is moving. Keep us informed with any info u guys hear. Hope to be in your shoes soon... Good luck to all.

Forum Member

I got my letter...My Girlfriend called and told me the mailman had delivered the good news. I can't believe this is happening. I can't wait to get started.

Jarobi,
    Regardless of your race, congrats on getting in.
    And that goes for all that have gotten thier start date.
    Best of luck to you and I hope to be able to call
    you brother someday soon.

Forum Member

Talking Woohooooooo! Aug. 17th

I got my letter today for final processing on Jul 15! I'll be in the Aug 17th FF/EMT class! Can't believe its finally here! Congrats to the other guys and gals that made it and good luck to the future candidates!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rockgod View Post
    Jarobi,
    Regardless of your race, congrats on getting in.
    And that goes for all that have gotten thier start date.
    Best of luck to you and I hope to be able to call
    you brother someday soon.
    Thanks RockGod,

Hope you go thru the process quick. It seems like forever, but it was well worth the wait.

Forum Member

Default Congrats Guys

Well done boys. Your patience and persistence has paid off. Now the fun really begins. Do yourselves a favor. Show up to final processing AT LEAST 45 minutes early, and make sure you are wearing a tie, dress pants, button down shirt, and shoes. A sports coat/suit wouldn't hurt, but you must have a tie. Absolutely no jeans, sweats, or sneakers. You will be given a ton of info that day, the most important of which is the supply list you must show up with on Day One. FOLLOW THAT LIST TO THE LETTER. Most of the hassles we got the first few days were because people didn't bring what they were supposed to. Other than that, I'll let you guys find out the rest on your own. The Academy is a grind, just don't quit, no matter how terrible you think it is. Trust me, what awaits you on the other side is worth anything they are going to throw at you. Good Luck.

Forum Member

Smile

Congratulations to all who are going to the Chicago Fire Academy! Don't forget get about us still waiting to be in your shoes, any information on the next batch of interest cards especially. Good luck in your new careers.

Are there still guys off the last batch that are still being processed for the next class, or do they need to send out another batch of interest cards to get more eligible candidates? Anyone?
    Last edited by dalmation795; 07-02-2009 at 08:55 PM.

Thread Information