Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 154 of 555 FirstFirst ... 54104144151152153154155156157164204254 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 11086
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

I got my packet in the mail in late august and had to have in by early september. I finished my medical 1/9/09 and my number was in the low 600s
    Take the info how ever you want just tryin to help.. The process is
    quicker than u think

Forum Member

Hey, has anyone who took the medical have to get some things checked out?

The earliest I can get a doctor's appt. is next week. Does anyone think I am pushing the time limits to get the follow up handed in?

Does anyone have any predictions as to when final processing will be?

Forum Member

Thumbs up Should be OK!

Quote Originally Posted by seventies View Post
    Hey, has anyone who took the medical have to get some things checked out?

The earliest I can get a doctor's appt. is next week. Does anyone think I am pushing the time limits to get the follow up handed in?

Does anyone have any predictions as to when final processing will be?
    Final processing will most likely be Jan. 30, 2009. For this job any delay is pushing the limits, just make sure you hand deliver you medical paperwork to Mrs. Ghant as soon as you get it. The sooner the better but next week should be OK. The next class is suppose to be gigantic. Around 140 candidates. I feel sorry for you guys. Going to have to many hard-on's in your class, not to mention other explictatives. Continue to do your daily cardio workouts and prepare yourself mentally for bootcamp. Good luck and hope you make the next class. BEST JOB ON THE PLANET! Who are we? CFD!!

Forum Member

Default final processing

i'm anxious to know when is final processing. i've been checking the mail everyday since last week expecting the letter. i don't think i can wait much longer. i'm gonna go crazy if i don't hear anything this week.

Forum Member

Default Anxiously waiting

Hey all, congrats to those who recieved letters! I'm in the low 1800's and CANNOT wait to start processing. Does anyone know when I could possibly recieve mine?

Forum Member

When did you go to medical seventies? Does anyone know how long after the medical they start sending letters if something is wrong or how long to know your out of the woods with anything being wrong? Any help would be great.
    Why do you say alot of hard ons in the next class ashtray? Your in the academy now right did you have problems with guys in the class if so what kind of problems.

I read something somewhere It might have even been in this forum or maybe from someone about to read this ..... They said " some of us can run for days and some of us can lift cars and not to worry because you'll be recognized and you'll have your place" Don't let anyone break you down because if your in this job because it runs through your veins then your already worth you weight in GOLD. GOOD LUCK TO ALL ALREADY ON THEIR WAY AND TO ALL THOSE WAITHING TO GET A CHANCE.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ENG399 View Post
    When did you go to medical seventies? Does anyone know how long after the medical they start sending letters if something is wrong or how long to know your out of the woods with anything being wrong? Any help would be great.
    Why do you say alot of hard ons in the next class ashtray? Your in the academy now right did you have problems with guys in the class if so what kind of problems.

I read something somewhere It might have even been in this forum or maybe from someone about to read this ..... They said " some of us can run for days and some of us can lift cars and not to worry because you'll be recognized and you'll have your place" Don't let anyone break you down because if your in this job because it runs through your veins then your already worth you weight in GOLD. GOOD LUCK TO ALL ALREADY ON THEIR WAY AND TO ALL THOSE WAITHING TO GET A CHANCE.
    I took the medical close to mid december and I got my they sent my letter on Jan. 8. so, figure a little less than a month. I don't think I have much to worry about I have a slight hearing loss in my left ear (too much loud music) I have to be re-evaluated by an ENT doctor. I don't think it is much to be concerned about.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool Recieve Interest Card on Friday.

hi everyone,

I'm new to this, and was wondering if someone could clarify something for me. I turned in my interest card today. Went to personnel and stamp my interest card and placed it in the box. Was I suppose to receive something else after the card or will I be notified about by mail.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Need Help

Hi everyone,

Need some advice. Just turn in my interest card. I had to stamp and put it in a box at the personnel office. Was I suppose to receive something there or do I need to wait for something in the mail.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by cabre67 View Post
    Hy guys, I got my letter in the mail yesterday and i have to have that card turned in by Feb 9th. My question is....does the process go pretty quick? Im just curious. Thanks for any input!

Hi Cabre;

Quick question. when you turn in your interest card did they give you anything after you stamp and put it in the box they specified. do you know what the next process would be? any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Forum Member

Default Congratulations and Good Luck

To the guys and gals of Candidate Firefighter/EMT Class July 1 2008, congratulations on your graduation and best of luck. I hope to see you out there soon. A special thanks goes to United We Stand whose info has been invaluable. In that regard, it was pretty much confirmed today that the next class will begin March 2, 2009. So, get that paperwork in asap and wait by the phone. And look, there are many guys who think they will make it into this class but won't. I speak from experience. I thought for sure I was going to get into 7/1/08, but it didn't work out. Don't lose heart. IF you are on the bubble and don't make it in, your day will definitely come.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ashtray View Post
    Final processing will most likely be Jan. 30, 2009. For this job any delay is pushing the limits, just make sure you hand deliver you medical paperwork to Mrs. Ghant as soon as you get it. The sooner the better but next week should be OK. The next class is suppose to be gigantic. Around 140 candidates. I feel sorry for you guys. Going to have to many hard-on's in your class, not to mention other explictatives. Continue to do your daily cardio workouts and prepare yourself mentally for bootcamp. Good luck and hope you make the next class. BEST JOB ON THE PLANET! Who are we? CFD!!
    I got a call by the Medical section today, they cleared me and said that I should be hearing something from personnel next!

Forum Member

TRC why didnt you make it? I am just curious? And what bubble are you talking about?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cabre67 View Post
    TRC why didnt you make it? I am just curious? And what bubble are you talking about?

I don't think there is a specific reason I didn't get into that class. My background took awhile cause I'm a bit older and grew up out of state, but I guess my number just wasn't up. As for the bubble, I was trying to say I went into background checks the same time as many of the people in July 1, and was left out, like the playoffs in football, there are only so many spots and alot of teams competing for them.

Forum Member

Default Congratulations!

To the Class of July 1, 2008, congratulations, best of luck, and be safe.

We cannot wait to be in your shoes (hopefully) in: 4 months, 2 weeks, 2 days.

thanks for all the words of encouragement, you guys have given us the past few weeks, while you've been around FAS.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=233wacker;1024402]We cannot wait to be in your shoes (hopefully) in: 4 months, 2 weeks, 2 days.QUOTE]

And 14 hours.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=bugsy2007;1024405]
    Quote Originally Posted by 233wacker View Post
    We cannot wait to be in your shoes (hopefully) in: 4 months, 2 weeks, 2 days.QUOTE]

And 14 hours.
    Not that were counting or anything.

Forum Member

Post Eng399

Quote Originally Posted by ENG399 View Post

I don't have any problems with anybody in the academy. Once your in everybody is a brother and sister. Your class is going to be almost twice the size of ours and during training, mentally and physically, you will be worn out. Sometimes mentally you do not want to listen to what another candidate has to say to the class (classic hard-on). You will understand what I'm trying to say after your first couple of weeks into the academy. Just concentrate on the academics and physical aspects of training. Stay positive and thank GOD you're in the next academy. WHO ARE WE!..... CFD!! OOH RAAH!!!

Forum Member

Default Medicals

Hi everybody,

i took my medical early December was the first group to take them and i have not heard anything yet, no call or letter. I hope all is well and i have read that no news is good news i hope that stands true. Good luck to everyone and stay safe out there!

Default chicago hiring process

Has anyone recieved an offer of employment with a high number say above 5000. I am really confused on the order they are going in can someone please elaborate.

Also are they taking into consideration education, training, experience or qualifications.

Thread Information