Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

  1. #426
    Forum Member
    MIKEYLIKESIT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Division 24
    Posts
    4,360

    Default

    Just remember. You have to pass EMT-B before you do one bit of fire training. Then you have to pass Firefighter II. I think those minorities who scored well on the test should be the ones who should be the most ****ed off. Ask most residents of the city and they do not care what color etc. their firefighters are. They want good service.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

  2. #427
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pedalinmedic
    In a previous post I took a side (that I donít whole heartily agree with) and defended the CFD test. I was given a number of replies to my statements, most of which were intelligent statements with a solid foundation and bases for their argument. And then I read further into the forum and read your comment and I am disgusted. Individuals with attitudes such as yourself only perpetuate the racism against minorities and of the racism against whites. My advice to you is to lose the arrogance, and understand this: that if you donít get the job then a large number of us will laugh at you. If you do get the job, a large number of us will have no respect for you. Its lose/lose situation that you have placed yourself in.
    if i do get the job and u dont who really loses? i mean no one on here knows me so if i do get the job i will tell everyone on here but u will never see my face or know my name for that matter.......

  3. #428
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FORTff
    AnthonyT, I hope for your sake, someone takes the time to instill in you common sense. You can sit back and enjoy the fact that you'll get a job because you're black. When I get hired, I can sit back and be proud of myself that I had to earn my position and bust my *** to get to where I got because I am a white male under 40 and I'm not getting any special treatment.
    I'm pretty sure between the two of us, I'll be much happier in the long run, rather than using this mindset:
    yea but i gotta bust my *** also, there is an academy and u also have to pass that. and if u dont get the job, no u wont be happy u will be like alot of the other people on here and rant and cry all day for nothing thats not gonna change

  4. #429
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFFRED
    What a proud day this must be for you and your family.

    FTM-PTB
    not yet, all it was, was a piece of mail tellin me i passed an wha some people call a joke of a test...........

  5. #430
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CFDRESCUE
    I'm posting this message here because I'd like to hear people's input to my situation. I received not qualified on this test and I'm not satisfied with this outcome. There is no way in hell I could not have passed this test. I have a bachelor's degree in information science and I'm currently a Chicago Fire Dept. paramedic. I took this test so I could have the opportunity to cross train. This is the only real way to advance on this dept. I even went over the entire test a second time because there was so much time left. I've take other more difficult department tests and passed. This test was really easy, especially the reading and comprehension section where if you didn't remember the answer then just go back to the passage. That's why I can't understand how I could not have passed. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

    Jimmy
    just cause u got a degree doesnt mean u can pass any test, as it was just proven. and ur one of the ones people dont want to work next to.

  6. #431
    Forum Member
    MIKEYLIKESIT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Division 24
    Posts
    4,360

    Default

    Anthony T. You have a big yap for someone who has never fought one fire. I suggest you change your tone and step away from the keyboard before you get that job you are so sure you are getting. The instructors at the academy aren't going to put up with one bit of your mouth. You aren't even a candidate yet and you are already a piece of work. So Anthony T. it really dosent matter who your juice is. Obviously you know someone because you are SURE you are getting the job. You may be able to bull**** people on the internet but you are not going to have a stellar career if this your introduction to the ways of the fire department. P.S. Your grammar DOES suck.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

  7. #432
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Don't feed the troll people.

  8. #433
    Forum Member
    MIKEYLIKESIT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Division 24
    Posts
    4,360

    Default

    Ol Anthony T. is no troll. He is the future of the Chicago Fire Department.



    Robert J. Quinn just rolled over in his grave...TWICE.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

  9. #434
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Some of you are so racist, it's not even funny. And you wonder why they have stipulations in place to force the department to hire minorities? Because they wouldn't have a chance if it was up to people like you.

    Minorities have had doors shut in their face on a daily basis for years because of the color of their skin or because of an ethnic sounding name. The caucasians here are angry because of the fact that minorities are applying for positions they're applying for, and they might get them.

    The one thing that I can't understand is why you are so mad. No one is going to be a EMT/Fire Fighter unless they pass everything. And if they pass everything....aren't they then qualified? This is good old racism from some good old boys, and it's disgusting.

  10. #435
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    37

    Default

    This pretty much sums up why your wrong in every way possible.
    As this guy so truthfully puts it, minorities and women should be outraged that the city would think that they are so substandard and uqualified in the first place that they would lower there standards just for them. Which some are but most are just taking advantage of it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQh4O8w6pG0&eurl=
    Last edited by Cope29; 10-07-2006 at 06:44 AM.

  11. #436
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    9

    Default

    I don't think the city feels minorities are substandard and unqualified, I believe that the city knows that patronage hiring and racial discrimination still exists. The only way to be sure that minorities aren't unfairly being left out of city job opportunities is to have a hiring requirement.

    Just because we don't agree doesn't mean I'm wrong. I just see things differently. I have been the victim of racism and it doesn't feel good. I wish race had nothing to do with hiring practice, but it does, for better and worse.

  12. #437
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MIKEYLIKESIT
    Anthony T. You have a big yap for someone who has never fought one fire. I suggest you change your tone and step away from the keyboard before you get that job you are so sure you are getting. The instructors at the academy aren't going to put up with one bit of your mouth. You aren't even a candidate yet and you are already a piece of work. So Anthony T. it really dosent matter who your juice is. Obviously you know someone because you are SURE you are getting the job. You may be able to bull**** people on the internet but you are not going to have a stellar career if this your introduction to the ways of the fire department. P.S. Your grammar DOES suck.
    oooooooo so now u can hear the tone in my voice when im typing? yea ur smart........and im not talkin to no instructor right now am i? im talkin to people who are in the same boat as me but really the ones who are crying and bi***ing

  13. #438
    Forum Member
    MIKEYLIKESIT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Division 24
    Posts
    4,360

    Default

    I rest my case.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

  14. #439
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chicagomojo76
    I don't think the city feels minorities are substandard and unqualified, I believe that the city knows that patronage hiring and racial discrimination still exists. The only way to be sure that minorities aren't unfairly being left out of city job opportunities is to have a hiring requirement.

    Just because we don't agree doesn't mean I'm wrong. I just see things differently. I have been the victim of racism and it doesn't feel good. I wish race had nothing to do with hiring practice, but it does, for better and worse.
    So have I. So what? Get over it and yourself and move along. We are all just poor victims, aren't we? Gimme a break!
    I am a complacent liability to the fire service

  15. #440
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyT
    oooooooo so now u can hear the tone in my voice when im typing? yea ur smart........and im not talkin to no instructor right now am i? im talkin to people who are in the same boat as me but really the ones who are crying and bi***ing
    You never know who's reading, do you jagoff.
    I am a complacent liability to the fire service

  16. #441
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chicagomojo76
    Minorities have had doors shut in their face on a daily basis for years because of the color of their skin or because of an ethnic sounding name.
    You mean like Murphy, O'Neill, or Walsh?
    I am a complacent liability to the fire service

  17. #442
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Here, There, Everywhere
    Posts
    4,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chicagomojo76
    I don't think the city feels minorities are substandard and unqualified, I believe that the city knows that patronage hiring and racial discrimination still exists. The only way to be sure that minorities aren't unfairly being left out of city job opportunities is to have a hiring requirement.
    So the city in the interest of increasing the number of persons from a certain race(doesn't matter what race), manipulates what could be a realtively blind hiring system that hires based on the merits of said canidates...solely on job related criteria...basic intelligence and mechanical apptitude along with physical strength and endurance...and instead base it on either random numbering(which devalues the efforts of those who worked hard to excell and studied hard in school, stay out of jail..etc.) or some racial preference where two or more lists are simulatneously promulgated or outright preferences for certain persons over others based on race or gender,used to "balance" out the hiring as if race had anything to do with the job.

    And once again they promote these ideas the intent and knowledge that it will in all likelyhood increase the number of persons from one race getting hired...over persons of other races...

    How again is this not morally and ethically repulsive?

    Is this what the civil rights movement was all about? Or have some racial hucksters taken practicing demagoguery to a new level and too many are all to willing to become willing accomplices to their subterfuge of the general populace.

    Do you think your favorite MLB, NFL or NBA team should be also basing their selections for new players in the draft or in trades based on their racial background? Now how absurd is that? Would anyone even be taken seriously if they approached this subject with the concepts you and apparently the racist politicans of Chicago agree on?

    Just because we don't agree doesn't mean I'm wrong. I just see things differently. I have been the victim of racism and it doesn't feel good. I wish race had nothing to do with hiring practice, but it does, for better and worse.
    Race has nothing to do with this job or any other for that matter. Wasn't that the argument of the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.? I suppose his ideals are only a convience for you if they suit your mood for the day?

    What an abslolute disgrace some of you people are and how ashamed you should be for actually asposuing such notions. I suppose if we had your address we could send you an application for your local KKK chapter...you and them apparently have alot in common.

    God help this country.

    FTM-PTB

  18. #443
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoFF
    You mean like Murphy, O'Neill, or Walsh?
    African Americans also have the last names Murphy, O'Neill and Walsh. The difference is that their names didn't come from their ancestors, they came from their slave owners.

    All of you need to step back and think about what you're saying. You sound like a bunch of racist fools. Worry about yourself. Do the best you can if you get called. I'm done here, and I hope I never have the displeasure of ever working with you.

  19. #444
    MembersZone Subscriber
    JHR1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    1,918

    Default

    African Americans also have the last names Murphy, O'Neill and Walsh. The difference is that their names didn't come from their ancestors, they came from their slave owners.

    Now, that is funny. This is a typical comment coming from someone like him

  20. #445
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chicagomojo76
    I'm done here, and I hope I never have the displeasure of ever working with you.
    Don't worry, you probably won't. You'll get run out of every house you go to with an attitude like that, victim........
    I am a complacent liability to the fire service

  21. #446
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    24

    Angry

    You know what, this whole subject makes me laugh and is really a reflection of the direction our country is heading.
    A couple friends and I went and took the test. Im in the 14,000's, and one of my buddies is just over 300. We have taken this same test, only a much harder version about 5 or six times now. Each time i have scored a 92 or better, and any local 8th grader could have passed this test, what a joke. Like someone said before, I didnt do my homework on the historic hiring practices of the CFD, I just kinda figured that a department with the rich history and tradition would want only the best people to join them. The fire service as a whole has become a breeding ground for reverse discrinination and unfair hiring practices. I am a young, fit, white male FF/Medic who keeps his mouth shut (unlike some people on this forum and in the service already.) Its sad that myself and other already qualified people who are willing to make the service a better place are passed over for these supposed minorities who "dont have a fair chance." What about my D@MN FAIR CHANCE?? Do you see anything fair about myself bieng passed over for a minoity (female, black, brown, purple, who cares, ...) who is hired only to pad the #'s for some extra federal $$?? I wish I could show you all the letter I recieved from a local dept. for a full time position that said "We don't feel you fit the profile of this department at this time." Well you know what the "profile of the dept. is? They have a white woman for a chief, and are mostly black males and females. Isint that a joke! According to some of you, I should have gotten the job to make it equeal right, isint that your logic?????
    I just cant wait to see the failure rate of these "qualified" people that try and pass registry. Oh, wait a min, they give that test in house @ the academy right. Im sure that will be graded fairly too...

  22. #447
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Here, There, Everywhere
    Posts
    4,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chicagomojo76
    African Americans also have the last names Murphy, O'Neill and Walsh. The difference is that their names didn't come from their ancestors, they came from their slave owners.

    All of you need to step back and think about what you're saying. You sound like a bunch of racist fools. Worry about yourself. Do the best you can if you get called. I'm done here, and I hope I never have the displeasure of ever working with you.
    The only racist fool here is you. As evidenced that you won't address any of the questions posed to you. All everyone wants is a blind exam that ranks persons according to the merit and fitness for the job. That is very easy to do...however Chicago would rather continue the tradition of patronage and bias in hiring. Patronage that seeks to hire more of one race over another is wrong in any light and is racist in theory & in practice.

    So only blacks who decended from slaves are true minorities, is that your argument? What about the Blacks and other minorities who's families have immigrated since 1964 when the immigration laws changed? NYC is full of them and I'm sure Chicago is no different. Are they "less" of a minority than those who can claim roots in this country before 1860s? Reminds me of the Know Nothing movement early in this countries history. I guess some blacks are blacker than others in your book?

    As for all the Irish slave owners...you are completely ignorant of the history of this country and who owned slaves and who didn't.

    Boo hoo is me. Guess what...my last name is different because my grandfather had a hard time getting a job with an ethinic name, and changed it to a more american sounding name. And I'M WHITE!(although at one time not long ago my national background had my family counted among the lowest in society)

    Did I whine and complain like a woman with s*nd in her v*g*ina? No. Like a man I made something of myself.

    Stop being such a g*dd*mned p*ssy and go out there and achive something for yourself without looking to make excuses or blame some events that in reality never affected you directly any more than my grandfathers experience affected me.

    You are a coward and a disgrace to this country and its ideals. You have today as much opportunity as anyone else and the only thing holding you back is your own ambition.

    Stop being a victim and be a man for godsake!

    FTM-PTB

  23. #448
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    46

    Default

    As crappy as the first part of the process is guys, a lot of this is not going to matter in the physical, med or background. If you can't meet the requirements, you won't get in; the same is true with the fire academy. If you can't perform and accomplish what is asked of you, I guarantee you those instructors will not let you out on the street, protected status be damned! The fire academy is tough, you will be stretched to cram and retain a lot of info, along with working your butt off in p.t. or drills. If any of us are lucky enough to make it to the academy, it won't matter where we came from or who we knew; you will do the job.

    Edit: BTW today is the anni of the Great Chicago Fire.
    Last edited by Peekay; 10-08-2006 at 09:28 AM.

  24. #449
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5

    Default

    new to forum. does anyone know as of now if the number assigned to us is strictly random? i.e. can # 15000 get called before #15? thank you

  25. #450
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5

    Default

    also, has anyone heard of any new paramedic academies starting?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 3 guests)

  1. soxsider

Similar Threads

  1. World Of Fire Report: 03-19-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2005, 11:02 PM
  2. World Of Fire Report: 03-15-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-18-2005, 08:15 AM
  3. World Of Fire Report: 03-09-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 07:41 PM
  4. World Of Fire Report: 03-29-04
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 10:52 PM
  5. World Of Fire Report: 03-28-04
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 09:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register