Like Tree288Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoFF
    You never know who's reading, do you jagoff.
    rightttttt like they can really trace it back to me. and if they are who really cares all they are doin is reading they cant disqualify someone because of what u say on a message board

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by northsidesox24
    new to forum. does anyone know as of now if the number assigned to us is strictly random? i.e. can # 15000 get called before #15? thank you
    yes 15000 can get called before 15

Forum Member

thanks for your reply anthony, is that speculation or is it pretty credible?

Forum Member

new to forum. does anyone know as of now if the number assigned to us is strictly random? i.e. can # 15000 get called before #15? thank you
    Your number was assigned by the last number of your social security #. If you end in 0 you are the first 1000. If you have 15000 your number ends 7 8 or 9. The number you have is a process number. The might start at 6. Nobody knows.

Forum Member

thanks for your reply anthony, is that speculation or is it pretty credible?
    speculation just because of how they assigned random numbers i mean it only makes sense. no one knows for sure not even real firefighters

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyT
    speculation just because of how they assigned random numbers i mean it only makes sense. no one knows for sure not even real firefighters
    As opposed to fake firefighters....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyT
    yes 15000 can get called before 15
    Where did you hear that from?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by beeballs
    Your number was assigned by the last number of your social security #. If you end in 0 you are the first 1000. If you have 15000 your number ends 7 8 or 9. The number you have is a process number. The might start at 6. Nobody knows.

not exactly true... mine ends in 9 and im in the 1600s

Forum Member

As opposed to fake firefighters....
    as i did say speculation........

Forum Member

your speculation is wrong. my ss# ends with 9, and my random # is in the upper 2,000 range. they did not start at 0 and work down to 9. who knows what they did.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by finone
    your speculation is wrong. my ss# ends with 9, and my random # is in the upper 2,000 range. they did not start at 0 and work down to 9. who knows what they did.
    and mines ends with an 8 and im in the 15,000

Forum Member

hiring from the list will be done without taking race into account, said Larry Langford, a Fire Department spokesman.

Passing candidates will now be randomly ranked. Those rankings will determine when a candidate will be called up for interviews, background checks, agility testing and training. Thus, a candidate who got a perfect score on the written test could flunk out in any of the other four categories, while someone who got only a passing grade on the written test could perform exceptionally well in all the other areas.

thats not speculation(both quotes in sun times)

Forum Member

so does that mean we have already been "randomly ranked" by the letter we were sent, or does that mean they will be randomly picking numbers now?

Forum Member

Default Assigned numbers

From what I have garnered from on-duty CFD staff, your randomly assigned number is the number in which you will be called. The CFD is attempting to keep the selection process random yet streamlined; thus, randomly randomizing the random numbers would NOT be at ALL a streamlined approach.

Forum Member

Default SS# and the Random Selection Process

My Social Security # ends in 9 and I ranked 177 out of 17,063. Theory blown.

Forum Member

I'm pretty sure they are going with your assigned number starting at 1, I've also heard that they expect to go through close to 1000 applicants to fill out each class (that is call about 1000 applicants and pick 150 or so to fill the class, not 1000 apps per class), but who knows.

Forum Member

Come on outlet you got to be kiddin me! Your tellin me they will go through 1000 people for 150. Listen it took the CFD years to get through 1800 well qualified apps with the last test. Anyone 1000 up will wait a couple years or have to retest when the list is up in 3 years. The paper said about 300 hires a year.

Forum Member

Default not true!

My social ends with a 9 and I'm in the first 1000.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEYLIKESIT
    Ol Anthony T. is no troll. He is the future of the Chicago Fire Department.

Robert J. Quinn just rolled over in his grave...TWICE.
    The really sad part is that it's probably true. The only saving grace in this is maybe he wont pass the physical or interview. If he does go to the academy hopefully he brings his attitude with him and they flush his ***. It's people like you Anthony think you need things handed to you that screw everything up. This isn't some job picking up the trash for example, you screw up here or have that attitude you will end up getting yourself, your crew or civilians killed. Perhaps you should rethink your position. If someone like you got placed on my truck I would make SURE you wouldn't last. I don't want someone like you backing me up.

Forum Member

If i had to guess, they started w/ 9, then 0, 1,2,3 ect... Like i said, my buddys ends in 9 and hes 300 somthin. Mine ends in 7 and im 14000 somthin. case closed, better luck next time. Time to move on to another topic (or FD.)

Forum Member

I hope you all know that the random number you have is only a random number , its not a ranking on a list, it has nothing to do with how good you did or anything. Those numbers will be used to call people to take the physical test. IE: Numbers 1 to 6000 please report on such and such day to take the physical agility test @ this time, etc.. etc.. etc... The combonation of your written and physical will then rank you on a list. Everyone is flipping out just cus someone else mite be taking the physical before you, who cares if someone potentionaly scored less then you on a written and is taking the phsysical before you, it means nothing. Everyone who passed the written got a 100% (it is pass fail) the physical exam will weed people out and then rank the best candidate. Not sure why everyone is getting upset.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NVetro
    I hope you all know that the random number you have is only a random number , its not a ranking on a list, it has nothing to do with how good you did or anything. Those numbers will be used to call people to take the physical test. IE: Numbers 1 to 6000 please report on such and such day to take the physical agility test @ this time, etc.. etc.. etc... The combonation of your written and physical will then rank you on a list. Everyone is flipping out just cus someone else mite be taking the physical before you, who cares if someone potentionaly scored less then you on a written and is taking the phsysical before you, it means nothing. Everyone who passed the written got a 100% (it is pass fail) the physical exam will weed people out and then rank the best candidate. Not sure why everyone is getting upset.
    You are incorrect.

Forum Member

Cool

I thought, I had everything figured out. I'm sorry I guess I was wrong. Don't blame me for trying.

Forum Member

You really believe the city is going to spend money to bring in 6000 people to take another test, then make another list. Come on, where do you live? I dont need an insider to know that will not happen. They will call say the first 300(maybe a 1000 who knows) people,test them and make an elgibility list.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SeaFoam
    The really sad part is that it's probably true. The only saving grace in this is maybe he wont pass the physical or interview. If he does go to the academy hopefully he brings his attitude with him and they flush his ***. It's people like you Anthony think you need things handed to you that screw everything up. This isn't some job picking up the trash for example, you screw up here or have that attitude you will end up getting yourself, your crew or civilians killed. Perhaps you should rethink your position. If someone like you got placed on my truck I would make SURE you wouldn't last. I don't want someone like you backing me up.
    i know what type of job it is and i know the responsibilties the thing is i just might be backing u up but u will never know.

Thread Information