Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

I think everyone is prob. waiting on the physical test dates. I'm sure they will start sending letters out in a month or 2. Who knows for sure though.....

MembersZone Subscriber

its going to be funny when they start actually sending out letters and hearing the complaining thats going to go on here. Nothing up to this point will compare to that moment. Everyone in their right mind knows that the process is jacked up. And whats the most sensible thing to do to show that to the city? Its either dont show up or lawsuit.

I bet 1/2 the people here would say "Yeah, dont show up. That will show them" but of course, they would be the first one to book a plane ticket if they got their notice in the mail.

Good luck to those who get it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JHR1985
    its going to be funny when they start actually sending out letters and hearing the complaining thats going to go on here. Nothing up to this point will compare to that moment. Everyone in their right mind knows that the process is jacked up. And whats the most sensible thing to do to show that to the city? Its either dont show up or lawsuit.

I bet 1/2 the people here would say "Yeah, dont show up. That will show them" but of course, they would be the first one to book a plane ticket if they got their notice in the mail.

Good luck to those who get it
    lol.........but what could you possibly sue for?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyT
    lol.........but what could you possibly sue for?
    I don't know. Why don't you tell us, second rater. Hmm, black guy named tony in the 15,000's. Yeah, real hard to track down.
    I am a complacent liability to the fire service

Forum Member

You guys must be so proud to have such a useless load like anthonyt on your list. He is a fine example of why people get so mad when they hear about "minority preference". I feel sorry for the minoritiy percentage that put all their heart and soul into doing good and getting on the job the right way. Anthonyt not only do I pray for the sake of the brothers in chicago that you do not get hired there but i also hope you do not get on the job in your lifetime anywhere. Your a pathetic example for firefighters and I fear for anyone who ever has to work with you. By the comments i read that you wrote you truly are one of the biggest disgraces to ever be on a FF list. I'm sure one day you will be able to "kick back and take it easy" on the street corner where if your lucky you could wash a rigs windows for a quarter.

Forum Member

Why does everyone have to be so mean-spirited? We're all in the same boat with this thing so what good is it to belittle someone else? This will not help you get any further in life so what's the point?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toyamsu
    Why does everyone have to be so mean-spirited? We're all in the same boat with this thing so what good is it to belittle someone else? This will not help you get any further in life so what's the point?
    And how will your post help you get further in life? Give it a rest. If you don't like it - don't read it. We have all heard your ridiculous ideas about the FD and PD being forced to "look like the community" as opposed to hiring the best qualified. No one is buying your goofy ideas here, so if that bothers you - go away.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toyamsu
    Sometimes the truth hurts lady. Maybe this will open his eyes and make him take the process more seriously. The firehouse is no place to find out your dealing with a P.O.S.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoFF
    And how will your post help you get further in life? Give it a rest. If you don't like it - don't read it. We have all heard your ridiculous ideas about the FD and PD being forced to "look like the community" as opposed to hiring the best qualified. No one is buying your goofy ideas here, so if that bothers you - go away.
    If I do recall, this message board was created to discuss the Chicago Fire exam and to share RELEVANT information regarding it. Not for rednecks who feel miserable about themselves!!! Stop feeling like you're entitled to something because you are not. You sound like a bunch of losers!!

Forum Member

Talking

[QUOTE=Toyamsu] Stop feeling like you're entitled to something because you are not.

You should really pass that on to your buddy anthonyt. That fits him perfect.

Even though i'm not a candidate in chicago I don't want you to think that i'm a miserable redneck .So i would like to share some relevant info with you. Tell your candidate hubby that if he does get on as a firefighter he has to show up on the job, Not his wife. Get the hint?
    Last edited by kingofdahill; 11-17-2006 at 11:58 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by metsfan06
    You guys must be so proud to have such a useless load like anthonyt on your list. He is a fine example of why people get so mad when they hear about "minority preference". I feel sorry for the minoritiy percentage that put all their heart and soul into doing good and getting on the job the right way. Anthonyt not only do I pray for the sake of the brothers in chicago that you do not get hired there but i also hope you do not get on the job in your lifetime anywhere. Your a pathetic example for firefighters and I fear for anyone who ever has to work with you. By the comments i read that you wrote you truly are one of the biggest disgraces to ever be on a FF list. I'm sure one day you will be able to "kick back and take it easy" on the street corner where if your lucky you could wash a rigs windows for a quarter.
    did i make someone mad? anyway miss, i don't set the rules i just play by them and so far im winning.

Forum Member

did i make someone mad? anyway miss, i don't set the rules i just play by them and so far im winning.
    winning??? what are you winning????
    1. You are in the 15,000 range. 15,000 people before you. good luck with that.

2. People are praying you don't get the job.

3. You are playing the race game why you think you deserve the job.

So i ask you what are you exactly winning ???

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingofdahill
    winning??? what are you winning????
    1. You are in the 15,000 range. 15,000 people before you. good luck with that.

2. People are praying you don't get the job.

3. You are playing the race game why you think you deserve the job.

So i ask you what are you exactly winning ???
    the fact that im black and who say they are gonna start with 1? and i dont care if people are prayng i dont get the job.....and im just doing it just like everyone else and thats to get paid good and have job security. plus why do you care as a matter of a fact why are you even on this topic? you said you didnt even apply
    Last edited by AnthonyT; 11-19-2006 at 02:44 PM.

Forum Member

the fact that im black and who say they are gonna start with 1? and i dont care if people are prayng i dont get the job.....and im just doing it just like everyone else and thats to get paid good and have job security. plus why do you care as a matter of a fact why are you even on this topic? you said you didnt even apply
    Why do I care? Because I am a firefighter. Just like every other firefighter out there we care who we have backing us the fuc* up. This is not "rescue Me" or backdaraft this is Real life.this is where it counts when you have a guy who loves and believes in the job. not someone who is there for the money. By the way if you think you make good money doing this shi* your way off. This job is not something you fuc* around on. There are alot of people who can get hurt or die because you wanna take the job for security. I put many "Payless" days in learning this job. thats means I did it for free in case you dont know that. I did not do it so some BJ could come on and I have to worry if this loser is gonna be there when needed when the shi* has gone bad. You wanna take it easy take typing lessons and sit behind a desk. I could care less if you sleep your whole freaking life away behind it. But in the firehouse and on the job is NO place for this. You really have no interest in this job and I think the powers to be will pick up on that real fast. Thats the problem with alot of people. everyone watches these freaking movies and shows and say "boy being a firefighter is cool and thats for me. You get all the babes and your considered a hero Thats me." (by the way thats all bullshi*) But what you dont see is the house cleaning , the training and everyday duties that your lazy as* will have to do. By far is it glorious. But you do it cuase you have to and you love to. You do not show anything that tells anyone on this board that you like doing this job or would like doing it. Only that it's there and because your black and you want it for the money. Get a life and a different job cuz I'm telling you If you make it to a firehouse they will make your life hell and not for any race reasons but because your attitude is that of a lazy P.O.S..
    Last edited by kingofdahill; 11-19-2006 at 03:27 PM.

Forum Member

yup i can tell your a racists, you just want to say that word so bad huh? anyway as i asked before why do you care if i get hired or not im not backing you up nor do you know these people on this board to care if i back them up

Forum Member

yup i can tell your a racists, you just want to say that word so bad huh? anyway as i asked before why do you care if i get hired or not im not backing you up nor do you know these people on this board to care if i back them up
    Frankly, after reading your posts, I'm shocked that you passed the test at all. I think this has shown everyone the need for legitimate testing. When you try to loosen your standards - for any reason - you begin to get people passing your test who can barely construct a sentance and are incapable of speaking proper english. AnthonyT, even though are are a person with no shame or pride, a slug who I would never want to work with, or even around, you have provided a valuable lesson. When you lessen your testing standards, you have to be prepared to hire any random mutt off the street - because you will get a high percentage of them.

Forum Member

Frankly, after reading your posts, I'm shocked that you passed the test at all. I think this has shown everyone the need for legitimate testing. When you try to loosen your standards - for any reason - you begin to get people passing your test who can barely construct a sentance and are incapable of speaking proper english. AnthonyT, even though are are a person with no shame or pride, a slug who I would never want to work with, or even around, you have provided a valuable lesson. When you lessen your testing standards, you have to be prepared to hire any random mutt off the street - because you will get a high percentage of them.
    practice what you preach,

1. you spelled sentence with an A

2. AnthonyT, even though are are a person with no shame or pride ( what the hell does that even mean?)

and all of this is coming from an actual firefighter, talk about lessening the standards

Forum Member

2. AnthonyT, even though are are a person with no shame or pride ( what the hell does that even mean?)
    You really need me to explain to you what shame and pride are? Thanks for proving my point, mutt.

Forum Member

You really need me to explain to you what shame and pride are? Thanks for proving my point, mutt.
    u ignored everything else and i was talkin bout the "are are" part are you retarded or sumthin?

Forum Member

LMAO, not by a long shot pal. Your little racist game won't scare me off. I think your a worthless clown because of you attitude not because of your skin color. If anyone is racist in this post it's you. Your the one who thinks you deserve the spot because your black. Your being racist towards every person trying to get on the right way no matter what color they are. If you don't believe me post your points and beliefs in a general discussion area where all the firefighters from around the globe can read. Maybe then you'll see that they too don't want a P.O.S. around the firehouse like you.

Forum Member

You know what, your the kinda person who deserves that term your talking about, and keeps it alive and well. I don't have a problem telling you that at all. So are we done w/all the personal bashing here? I mean some admin. needs to boot a few of these mutt's outta here.
    FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingofdahill
    LMAO, not by a long shot pal. Your little racist game won't scare me off. I think your a worthless clown because of you attitude not because of your skin color. If anyone is racist in this post it's you. Your the one who thinks you deserve the spot because your black. Your being racist towards every person trying to get on the right way no matter what color they are. If you don't believe me post your points and beliefs in a general discussion area where all the firefighters from around the globe can read. Maybe then you'll see that they too don't want a P.O.S. around the firehouse like you.
    how can you tell how my attitude is over the internet? yea your smart...........

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecup
    You know what, your the kinda person who deserves that term your talking about, and keeps it alive and well. I don't have a problem telling you that at all. So are we done w/all the personal bashing here? I mean some admin. needs to boot a few of these mutt's outta here.
    FTM-PTB
    racsism at its finest

Forum Member

They are starting at number 1. They drew the social security number of 9 meaing if the last number of your social security is 9 then they do an algorithym using the last 4 digits of your social to give you a number. It's going in order of 9,0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. The last class from the '95 list was suppossed to be going in the academy in November. Come February they should be throwing a new class in because the academy is constantly feeding probationary firemen into firehouses. It is what it is. If you don't feel like believing me and want to go on thinking that it's random then call the city's department of Human Resources it's 312-744-4976
    Last edited by JoeyT1986; 10-20-2007 at 03:35 PM.

Forum Member

Any new news about anything, any rumors floating around? I hate things being in the air, no one seems to have an offical answer as to how the city is going to do admin the physical test....

Thread Information