Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 556 FirstFirst ... 12192021222324253272122522 ... LastLast
Like Tree283Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

If you live in Chicago, you know the City has its troubles with patronage hiring scandals. 3 men from City Hall were just recently convicted for doing so. Maybe you should blame those (usually white men) that make Affirmative Action an absolute neccesity. They are the ones that have passed over more qualified minorities for city jobs, to put their white buddies in big money positions.

After reading all of the previous posts, I can tell what a difficult time minorities are going to have if they actually get a position with CFD. The white guys will never think that they earned it, even if they did.

It would be a perfect world if everyone got a job because they are the most qualified. But, that's not the case, from either side of the fence.

Forum Member

I totally agree! Finally, someone summed it all up. Thank you, Chicagomojo.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah, because Stroger never helped anybody get jobs. I guess that's why we don't have a bunch of Cook County Hospital Police with criminal records beating up disabled people. Oh wait, we do.

Forum Member

Wink

You say John Stroger.... I say Robert (convicted felon) Sorich. We can go on and on, but what's the point?

I will be the first to admit, I am not qualified to be a fire fighter. I took (and passed) the exam in hopes of becoming one.

I think that anyone who passes the written & physical exams, background checks, and medical evaluations will do well in the academy. If they complete the training, I bet they'll be an excellent fire fighter. And in that instance, race doesn't matter.

What a proud day this must be for you and your family.
    I salute you brother for that comment

Just remember. You have to pass EMT-B before you do one bit of fire training. Then you have to pass Firefighter II. I think those minorities who scored well on the test should be the ones who should be the most ****ed off. Ask most residents of the city and they do not care what color etc. their firefighters are. They want good service.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pedalinmedic
    In a previous post I took a side (that I donít whole heartily agree with) and defended the CFD test. I was given a number of replies to my statements, most of which were intelligent statements with a solid foundation and bases for their argument. And then I read further into the forum and read your comment and I am disgusted. Individuals with attitudes such as yourself only perpetuate the racism against minorities and of the racism against whites. My advice to you is to lose the arrogance, and understand this: that if you donít get the job then a large number of us will laugh at you. If you do get the job, a large number of us will have no respect for you. Its lose/lose situation that you have placed yourself in.
    if i do get the job and u dont who really loses? i mean no one on here knows me so if i do get the job i will tell everyone on here but u will never see my face or know my name for that matter.......

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FORTff
    AnthonyT, I hope for your sake, someone takes the time to instill in you common sense. You can sit back and enjoy the fact that you'll get a job because you're black. When I get hired, I can sit back and be proud of myself that I had to earn my position and bust my *** to get to where I got because I am a white male under 40 and I'm not getting any special treatment.
    I'm pretty sure between the two of us, I'll be much happier in the long run, rather than using this mindset:
    yea but i gotta bust my *** also, there is an academy and u also have to pass that. and if u dont get the job, no u wont be happy u will be like alot of the other people on here and rant and cry all day for nothing thats not gonna change

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFFRED
    What a proud day this must be for you and your family.

FTM-PTB
    not yet, all it was, was a piece of mail tellin me i passed an wha some people call a joke of a test...........

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CFDRESCUE
    I'm posting this message here because I'd like to hear people's input to my situation. I received not qualified on this test and I'm not satisfied with this outcome. There is no way in hell I could not have passed this test. I have a bachelor's degree in information science and I'm currently a Chicago Fire Dept. paramedic. I took this test so I could have the opportunity to cross train. This is the only real way to advance on this dept. I even went over the entire test a second time because there was so much time left. I've take other more difficult department tests and passed. This test was really easy, especially the reading and comprehension section where if you didn't remember the answer then just go back to the passage. That's why I can't understand how I could not have passed. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Jimmy
    just cause u got a degree doesnt mean u can pass any test, as it was just proven. and ur one of the ones people dont want to work next to.

Anthony T. You have a big yap for someone who has never fought one fire. I suggest you change your tone and step away from the keyboard before you get that job you are so sure you are getting. The instructors at the academy aren't going to put up with one bit of your mouth. You aren't even a candidate yet and you are already a piece of work. So Anthony T. it really dosent matter who your juice is. Obviously you know someone because you are SURE you are getting the job. You may be able to bull**** people on the internet but you are not going to have a stellar career if this your introduction to the ways of the fire department. P.S. Your grammar DOES suck.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Don't feed the troll people.

Ol Anthony T. is no troll. He is the future of the Chicago Fire Department.

Robert J. Quinn just rolled over in his grave...TWICE.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Some of you are so racist, it's not even funny. And you wonder why they have stipulations in place to force the department to hire minorities? Because they wouldn't have a chance if it was up to people like you.

Minorities have had doors shut in their face on a daily basis for years because of the color of their skin or because of an ethnic sounding name. The caucasians here are angry because of the fact that minorities are applying for positions they're applying for, and they might get them.

The one thing that I can't understand is why you are so mad. No one is going to be a EMT/Fire Fighter unless they pass everything. And if they pass everything....aren't they then qualified? This is good old racism from some good old boys, and it's disgusting.

Forum Member

This pretty much sums up why your wrong in every way possible.
    As this guy so truthfully puts it, minorities and women should be outraged that the city would think that they are so substandard and uqualified in the first place that they would lower there standards just for them. Which some are but most are just taking advantage of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQh4O8w6pG0&eurl=
    Last edited by Cope29; 10-07-2006 at 06:44 AM.

Forum Member

I don't think the city feels minorities are substandard and unqualified, I believe that the city knows that patronage hiring and racial discrimination still exists. The only way to be sure that minorities aren't unfairly being left out of city job opportunities is to have a hiring requirement.

Just because we don't agree doesn't mean I'm wrong. I just see things differently. I have been the victim of racism and it doesn't feel good. I wish race had nothing to do with hiring practice, but it does, for better and worse.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEYLIKESIT
    Anthony T. You have a big yap for someone who has never fought one fire. I suggest you change your tone and step away from the keyboard before you get that job you are so sure you are getting. The instructors at the academy aren't going to put up with one bit of your mouth. You aren't even a candidate yet and you are already a piece of work. So Anthony T. it really dosent matter who your juice is. Obviously you know someone because you are SURE you are getting the job. You may be able to bull**** people on the internet but you are not going to have a stellar career if this your introduction to the ways of the fire department. P.S. Your grammar DOES suck.
    oooooooo so now u can hear the tone in my voice when im typing? yea ur smart........and im not talkin to no instructor right now am i? im talkin to people who are in the same boat as me but really the ones who are crying and bi***ing

I rest my case.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicagomojo76
    I don't think the city feels minorities are substandard and unqualified, I believe that the city knows that patronage hiring and racial discrimination still exists. The only way to be sure that minorities aren't unfairly being left out of city job opportunities is to have a hiring requirement.

Just because we don't agree doesn't mean I'm wrong. I just see things differently. I have been the victim of racism and it doesn't feel good. I wish race had nothing to do with hiring practice, but it does, for better and worse.
    So have I. So what? Get over it and yourself and move along. We are all just poor victims, aren't we? Gimme a break!
    I am a complacent liability to the fire service

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyT
    oooooooo so now u can hear the tone in my voice when im typing? yea ur smart........and im not talkin to no instructor right now am i? im talkin to people who are in the same boat as me but really the ones who are crying and bi***ing
    You never know who's reading, do you jagoff.
    I am a complacent liability to the fire service

Thread Information