Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 278 of 557 FirstFirst ... 178228268275276277278279280281288328378 ... LastLast
Results 5,541 to 5,560 of 11121
Like Tree284Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

  1. #5541
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    22

    Post Military Make Up Exam

    Interesting-On May 3rd. the city posted another Make Up Exam Opportunity for military personal who could not take the 2006 exam. Tentative exam date of June 26th. Maybe this is another reason everyone is in limbo.


  2. #5542
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STHFD319 View Post
    Interesting-On May 3rd. the city posted another Make Up Exam Opportunity for military personal who could not take the 2006 exam. Tentative exam date of June 26th. Maybe this is another reason everyone is in limbo.
    They have already given a few of these make ups. They don't really hold anything up or effect the hiring process. Everything depends on what the arbitrator decides as far as money and manning for the contract.

  3. #5543
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    14

    Default

    yeah the military make up exams are a formality more than anything-they keep doing them even if their not hiring

  4. #5544
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    478

    Default

    Actually it does effect the hiring process, but only the sequence. If a military person with the same last two of SSN as mine takes this exam, I will get bumped below him/her.
    I am pretty sure that they request documentaion showing that they were deployed, and not able to take the exam. Either way, I wish them well. They earned the right

  5. #5545
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    80

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by trco2h View Post
    they have already given a few of these make ups. They don't really hold anything up or effect the hiring process. Everything depends on what the arbitrator decides as far as money and manning for the contract.
    any thought when a decision can come down from the arbitrator? Or how long did cpd's last.... Thanks & good luck to all

  6. #5546
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onedaychiff View Post
    any thought when a decision can come down from the arbitrator? Or how long did cpd's last.... Thanks & good luck to all
    They haven't even gone in yet.. I'd say that it will go in sometime over the next two months and take about the same time to come back. Maybe end of summer/fall.

    I did see today that promotions are back on.. I'd say that's a pretty good sign of some sort. 50+ getting the call.

  7. #5547
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    60

    Default Promotions

    Quote Originally Posted by blue2520 View Post
    They haven't even gone in yet.. I'd say that it will go in sometime over the next two months and take about the same time to come back. Maybe end of summer/fall.

    I did see today that promotions are back on.. I'd say that's a pretty good sign of some sort. 50+ getting the call.
    Blue, do you know the supposed date for promotions? Nobody said anything about it yesterday at work, but then again I didn't ask. I did hear an ambo crew saying something about promotions a while back but nobody knew the date. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

  8. #5548
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harrynuts View Post
    400 people have already taken the pat and are wating for the next step. The cfd is not going to hire 2000 firefighters in 10 years so the 9000 random number definitely seems like a long shot. The 400 in limbo is sufficient if not more than enough to fill the needs of the department.
    so you think only 400 passed the pat from the last couple batch of interest cards ? (from 1500-2300) if so how many do u think are waiting who already took medicals & bi ? Thanks and good luck to all

  9. #5549
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chicago1 View Post
    Blue, do you know the supposed date for promotions? Nobody said anything about it yesterday at work, but then again I didn't ask. I did hear an ambo crew saying something about promotions a while back but nobody knew the date. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
    I heard first week of June..

  10. #5550
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onedaychiff View Post
    so you think only 400 passed the pat from the last couple batch of interest cards ? (from 1500-2300) if so how many do u think are waiting who already took medicals & bi ? Thanks and good luck to all
    Dude, no one knows.. Again, I know time isn't on your side but just try not to get your panties in a bunch until the contract is done. Once it's done the city could put two clases of 130-150 and we're all in the money. But to try and get real info about this on here is nothing more then pure speculation. Enjoy your summer and hope for the best. That's all any of us can do..

  11. #5551
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onedaychiff View Post
    so you think only 400 passed the pat from the last couple batch of interest cards ? (from 1500-2300) if so how many do u think are waiting who already took medicals & bi ? Thanks and good luck to all
    I think 350-400 are in the pipeline at whatever stage (medical,PAT,BI).
    I believe you mentioned that you turn 38 in September of 2010. I hate to sound like a killjoy, but if you have not gone through medical yet, your odds at this point look pretty bad. Have a back-up plan, and Good Luck.

  12. #5552
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    80

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by harrynuts View Post
    I think 350-400 are in the pipeline at whatever stage (medical,PAT,BI).
    I believe you mentioned that you turn 38 in September of 2010. I hate to sound like a killjoy, but if you have not gone through medical yet, your odds at this point look pretty bad. Have a back-up plan, and Good Luck.
    Yeah thats what i figured.. It hurts but life goes on. Good luck to all

  13. #5553
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    289

    Default

    *Chicago's fire chief retiring, probe to continue into complaint*

    Chicago Fire Commissioner John Brooks has informed officials that he is retiring, months after the city began looking into allegations that a sexual harassment complaint against him was swept under the rug.

    Brooks contacted the Fire Department's pension board this morning and told officials he is retiring, according to mayoral spokesman Jacquelyn Heard. "That's how we found out about it," she said.
    The investigation will continue into how the sexual harrassment complaint was handled by the city's then-Office of Compliance chief, Anthony Boswell, Heard said.

    However, it's unclear what affect the investigation can have now that Brooks has retired and Boswell has resigned, she said.

    Heard said it is too early to say how the city will proceed in its search for a new fire commissioner. "We didn't expect this today," she said.

    Mayor Richard Daley had no immediate comment on Brooks' retirement, according to Heard.

    Daley appointed Brooks in July 2008. He was the second African-American to lead the Fire Department, which has a history of racial tension.

    He Gone....

  14. #5554
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    207

    Default

    .............
    Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:53 PM.

  15. #5555
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onedaychiff View Post
    Yeah thats what i figured.. It hurts but life goes on. Good luck to all
    Hey onedaychiff, Your kind of in the same boat as me, only less time. I will be 38 in Aug 2011, I've asked this question before. What do you guys think about me getting into a class by then. I took the PAT April 29th and I did well. Just want some feedback, positive/truthful/opinionated feedback and or reasurance from those going through this process about my chances. It was good to be at the Quinn FA and really start the process. See ya all.

  16. #5556
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default Question

    I took the Chicago Firefighter examination in 2006. I recieved notification that I passed the exam but I never heard back from them. Does anyone know why that is and is there still a chance they will contact me?

  17. #5557
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shamrockpride View Post
    I took the Chicago Firefighter examination in 2006. I recieved notification that I passed the exam but I never heard back from them. Does anyone know why that is and is there still a chance they will contact me?

    Goes by last two digits of your SSN. Use my chart in this link:

    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...97#post1153997

  18. #5558
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Im went to the chart and am confused, my last 2 of my ssn is 24 and my random # is in 9700's. Am I missing something?

  19. #5559
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2

    Default

    new to forum, thanks

  20. #5560
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default

    So what does that chart mean. I know the number they gave me but how does that relate to the fact that I have never been contacted by the department after passing the exam?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. World Of Fire Report: 03-19-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2005, 11:02 PM
  2. World Of Fire Report: 03-15-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-18-2005, 08:15 AM
  3. World Of Fire Report: 03-09-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 07:41 PM
  4. World Of Fire Report: 03-29-04
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 10:52 PM
  5. World Of Fire Report: 03-28-04
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 09:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts