Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 278 of 557 FirstFirst ... 178228268275276277278279280281288328378 ... LastLast
Results 5,541 to 5,560 of 11121
Like Tree284Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Post Military Make Up Exam

Interesting-On May 3rd. the city posted another Make Up Exam Opportunity for military personal who could not take the 2006 exam. Tentative exam date of June 26th. Maybe this is another reason everyone is in limbo.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by STHFD319 View Post
    Interesting-On May 3rd. the city posted another Make Up Exam Opportunity for military personal who could not take the 2006 exam. Tentative exam date of June 26th. Maybe this is another reason everyone is in limbo.
    They have already given a few of these make ups. They don't really hold anything up or effect the hiring process. Everything depends on what the arbitrator decides as far as money and manning for the contract.

Forum Member

yeah the military make up exams are a formality more than anything-they keep doing them even if their not hiring

Forum Member

Actually it does effect the hiring process, but only the sequence. If a military person with the same last two of SSN as mine takes this exam, I will get bumped below him/her.
    I am pretty sure that they request documentaion showing that they were deployed, and not able to take the exam. Either way, I wish them well. They earned the right

Forum Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by trco2h View Post
    they have already given a few of these make ups. They don't really hold anything up or effect the hiring process. Everything depends on what the arbitrator decides as far as money and manning for the contract.
    any thought when a decision can come down from the arbitrator? Or how long did cpd's last.... Thanks & good luck to all

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by onedaychiff View Post
    any thought when a decision can come down from the arbitrator? Or how long did cpd's last.... Thanks & good luck to all
    They haven't even gone in yet.. I'd say that it will go in sometime over the next two months and take about the same time to come back. Maybe end of summer/fall.

I did see today that promotions are back on.. I'd say that's a pretty good sign of some sort. 50+ getting the call.

Forum Member

Default Promotions

Quote Originally Posted by blue2520 View Post
    They haven't even gone in yet.. I'd say that it will go in sometime over the next two months and take about the same time to come back. Maybe end of summer/fall.

I did see today that promotions are back on.. I'd say that's a pretty good sign of some sort. 50+ getting the call.
    Blue, do you know the supposed date for promotions? Nobody said anything about it yesterday at work, but then again I didn't ask. I did hear an ambo crew saying something about promotions a while back but nobody knew the date. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by harrynuts View Post
    400 people have already taken the pat and are wating for the next step. The cfd is not going to hire 2000 firefighters in 10 years so the 9000 random number definitely seems like a long shot. The 400 in limbo is sufficient if not more than enough to fill the needs of the department.
    so you think only 400 passed the pat from the last couple batch of interest cards ? (from 1500-2300) if so how many do u think are waiting who already took medicals & bi ? Thanks and good luck to all

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago1 View Post
    Blue, do you know the supposed date for promotions? Nobody said anything about it yesterday at work, but then again I didn't ask. I did hear an ambo crew saying something about promotions a while back but nobody knew the date. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
    I heard first week of June..

Forum Member

so you think only 400 passed the pat from the last couple batch of interest cards ? (from 1500-2300) if so how many do u think are waiting who already took medicals & bi ? Thanks and good luck to all
    Dude, no one knows.. Again, I know time isn't on your side but just try not to get your panties in a bunch until the contract is done. Once it's done the city could put two clases of 130-150 and we're all in the money. But to try and get real info about this on here is nothing more then pure speculation. Enjoy your summer and hope for the best. That's all any of us can do..

Forum Member

I think 350-400 are in the pipeline at whatever stage (medical,PAT,BI).
    I believe you mentioned that you turn 38 in September of 2010. I hate to sound like a killjoy, but if you have not gone through medical yet, your odds at this point look pretty bad. Have a back-up plan, and Good Luck.

Forum Member

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by harrynuts View Post
    I think 350-400 are in the pipeline at whatever stage (medical,PAT,BI).
    I believe you mentioned that you turn 38 in September of 2010. I hate to sound like a killjoy, but if you have not gone through medical yet, your odds at this point look pretty bad. Have a back-up plan, and Good Luck.
    Yeah thats what i figured.. It hurts but life goes on. Good luck to all

Forum Member

*Chicago's fire chief retiring, probe to continue into complaint*

Chicago Fire Commissioner John Brooks has informed officials that he is retiring, months after the city began looking into allegations that a sexual harassment complaint against him was swept under the rug.

Brooks contacted the Fire Department's pension board this morning and told officials he is retiring, according to mayoral spokesman Jacquelyn Heard. "That's how we found out about it," she said.
    The investigation will continue into how the sexual harrassment complaint was handled by the city's then-Office of Compliance chief, Anthony Boswell, Heard said.

However, it's unclear what affect the investigation can have now that Brooks has retired and Boswell has resigned, she said.

Heard said it is too early to say how the city will proceed in its search for a new fire commissioner. "We didn't expect this today," she said.

Mayor Richard Daley had no immediate comment on Brooks' retirement, according to Heard.

Daley appointed Brooks in July 2008. He was the second African-American to lead the Fire Department, which has a history of racial tension.

He Gone....

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:53 PM.

Forum Member

Yeah thats what i figured.. It hurts but life goes on. Good luck to all
    Hey onedaychiff, Your kind of in the same boat as me, only less time. I will be 38 in Aug 2011, I've asked this question before. What do you guys think about me getting into a class by then. I took the PAT April 29th and I did well. Just want some feedback, positive/truthful/opinionated feedback and or reasurance from those going through this process about my chances. It was good to be at the Quinn FA and really start the process. See ya all.

Forum Member

Default Question

I took the Chicago Firefighter examination in 2006. I recieved notification that I passed the exam but I never heard back from them. Does anyone know why that is and is there still a chance they will contact me?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by shamrockpride View Post
    I took the Chicago Firefighter examination in 2006. I recieved notification that I passed the exam but I never heard back from them. Does anyone know why that is and is there still a chance they will contact me?

Goes by last two digits of your SSN. Use my chart in this link:

http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...97#post1153997

Forum Member

Im went to the chart and am confused, my last 2 of my ssn is 24 and my random # is in 9700's. Am I missing something?

Forum Member

new to forum, thanks

Forum Member

So what does that chart mean. I know the number they gave me but how does that relate to the fact that I have never been contacted by the department after passing the exam?

Thread Information