Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 279 of 556 FirstFirst ... 179229269276277278279280281282289329379 ... LastLast
Results 5,561 to 5,580 of 11117
Like Tree283Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Shamrock,
    What is your number (round a bout)?
    They are up to about 2500 I think (little higher for vets).
    It is rough math, but it has been 4 years since the written test, so crunch some numbers. It really isn't that hard to get a rough estimate about when they'll send your interest card. You won't hear from CFD until they are upto your number. Say you are #4000, if they are up to 2500 there are still 1500 that will get called before you. Get it?
    I am going on 18 months since I got my interest card, sooo... it is a long, drawn out process that is very tedious.
    You have plenty of time to read this whole thread and get all the info you need. Everything you will ever ask has already been asked in this thread by prob 2-3 others, and answered by several. The answers aren't concrete, but they give you a pretty good idea. And Noone knows anything FOR SURE, everything is rumors. No matter who their dad, or uncle or neighbor is.
    Good luck and be patient

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hihihihhiihi View Post
    Im went to the chart and am confused, my last 2 of my ssn is 24 and my random # is in 9700's. Am I missing something?
    Do the math, next number is 52, 62, 72 etc...then 03, 13, 23 etc...then 04, 14, 24, etc... add 170 for every number.
    So 52 would be 5950-6120, 62= 6120-6290 etc...

Just remember, this isn't exact, just a rough estimate according to all that have posted their numbers and their last 2 os ssn.
    Last edited by rockgod; 05-11-2010 at 09:10 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by shamrockpride View Post
    So what does that chart mean. I know the number they gave me but how does that relate to the fact that I have never been contacted by the department after passing the exam?
    The simple answer to what you're looking for Shamrock is that they do not contact you until they need you, so no, something is not wrong since you have not been contacted yet.

If your random # is under where they are right now, then something is probably wrong, but if your # is above 2500ish, you won't be called until they get to your #. None of us heard anything between the time we received our random # and then the interest card.

Forum Member

So hey rockgod, being my last two numbers of my ssn are 24 does that mean I would be in the 2,400's

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by wannabehero View Post
    So hey rockgod, being my last two numbers of my ssn are 24 does that mean I would be in the 2,400's
    Is this guy serious? The one guy just said his SSN was ending in 24 and was in the 9700's, but no, you must be special and they moved you up over 7000 spots with the people ending in 0 to the 2400's. I understand you're new to the forum, but read!

This has been discussed before, but if you don't know your #, you can request a duplicate letter from HR at City Hall.

Forum Member

PAT Scores are out. I got "Passing". Check your mail..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by blue2520 View Post
    Congrats Blue!
    and for wannab, read and then re-read. I am not doing the very complicated math for you.

Forum Member

Thanks Rock...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by blue2520 View Post
    Congratulations. Got mine as well today. Fast turnaround on these PAT passing letters. Hopefully something is brewing up. I feel much better now that all the PAT stuff is out of the way

Forum Member

I see. Thanks for everyones help.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SSIrish View Post
    Hurry up and wait....And I see that pjw is on here, hey pj, get dinner ready for your mom and i. I feel like meatloaf. Cook it right this time b.i.t.c.h....
    Am I missing something here? This one kind of went over my head, and who the heck is pjw?

Forum Member

Wink

Got my results back today as well, and passed. I did hear of a few that failed through the grapevine so be happy those who passed. I have a feeling they're docking people on some pretty petty B.S.

Forum Member

I also recall a real skinny guy on the arm ergometer lollygagging right from the start. I don't think he even completed 20 revolutions per minute
    Last edited by harrynuts; 11-07-2013 at 10:59 PM.

Forum Member

Hehe, It's funny that you mention it was a girl, because it was my buddy's sister who found out she had failed. I thought the test was basic as hell, but it just goes to show that some people aren't cut out for this, even at the simplest form.

Forum Member

Oh SS, You're just mad at me because I called you out on all your posts predicting the next academies were all wrong. Get over it! Your posts were all wrong. You were quoting all your sources, friends, neighbors, blah blah blah, about the upcoming academies that were set. And in every instance, you were wrong. Then you came on here and started copping an attitude with other posters, so I called you out on your BS posts, and just wondered if you were pulling all of it straight out of your ***!!!

So calm down. If you make it, great. Just stop being a bitter lil Phuck.

Forum Member

I could go for some meatloaf...no onions

Forum Member

[QUOTE=harrynuts;1174431].
    I also recall a real skinny guy on the arm ergometer lollygagging right from the start. I don't think he even completed 20 revolutions per minute
    The best one i've heard so far is the guy Rockgod mentioned who was told twice not to run, and got thrown out for not following instructions. How much easier can they make it for him.
    QUOTE]

whats wrong with being really skinny? I am really skinny and I passed :P....along with every other PAT Ive ever taken for a FD.

And people who cant follow directions should fail. Its not like they asked us complicated stuff. Most of this job is following directions

Forum Member

[QUOTE=Outlet05;1174579]
    Quote Originally Posted by harrynuts View Post
    The best one i've heard so far is the guy Rockgod mentioned who was told twice not to run, and got thrown out for not following instructions. How much easier can they make it for him.
    QUOTE]

whats wrong with being really skinny? I am really skinny and I passed :P....along with every other PAT Ive ever taken for a FD.

And people who cant follow directions should fail. Its not like they asked us complicated stuff. Most of this job is following directions
    Nothing wrong with it. Did I say there was?
    Better skinny then fat

Forum Member

SS, you're a loser. Plain and simple. You go on this site trying to prove something that you're not. You're full of ****. You don't know anybody except the imaginary people in your head. Those people feed you Bull**** so you can come on this site and act like you know something or somebody. You don't. You're a loser, through and through.

Keep making mommy jokes, since you still live in your mommy's basement, and feed her your meatloaf all day and night. That's how you were made, SS. When your brother fed his meatloaf to your Mother, they made you! It's called being an inbred. And that's what you are.

So go ahead and keep sticking it in your Mommy's ***, so another generation of Inbred SS's can stop being popped out! Thank you.

Forum Member

I hope SS and pj end up in the same house.

Thread Information