Like Tree289Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

i pray your right bud and we get in soon!

Forum Member

Commissioner Hoff to stay on in the emanuel admin so thats good he is a very respected chief and deservedly so.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ILFFPM View Post
    Commissioner Hoff to stay on in the emanuel admin so thats good he is a very respected chief and deservedly so.
    I agree and if you know the history of Hoff, he isn't one to just back down and accept the Mayor's decision whatever it is. If he wants two classes and the Mayor fights him on it, I believe Hoff will fight back for us.

Hopefully a class starts this summer and it would be great if they push another one through right after, but things can all change in an instant in this city.

Forum Member

I heard they are never hiring again. Once the last CFD member dies, no more firefighters in Chicago.

On a sidenote, just drove past the local firehouse a few minutes ago and saw the guys washing the trucks. Never wanted to be washing a truck so bad in my life.
    Stopped to ask what's up with everything and they all looked at me like I'm nuts and said "how would we know, they don't tell us that kinda stuff"

Forum Member

I heard they weren't hiring until SSIrish got back from his mission, b/c they didn't want to miss out on a guy with such accolades. Good news is that Bin Laden has been killed, so he should be home soon and the hiring process can once again begin.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    I heard they weren't hiring until SSIrish got back from his mission, b/c they didn't want to miss out on a guy with such accolades. Good news is that Bin Laden has been killed, so he should be home soon and the hiring process can once again begin.
    If (HA-HA) it was SS I would not have a problem with him getting moved to the top of any list he wanted.

America **** Yeah!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    Love this.. Thanks for the laugh.

Forum Member

Default Rumors...

Just to let you know, there is a rumor I heard that paramedic applications were going to be opening on May 4th and going through May 11th. $30 application fee. I'll check with my sources tomorrow and post if it's true or not. Last time it was false.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AssOnFire View Post
    Just to let you know, there is a rumor I heard that paramedic applications were going to be opening on May 4th and going through May 11th. $30 application fee. I'll check with my sources tomorrow and post if it's true or not. Last time it was false.
    This is not a rumor...Paramedic apps will be open starting May 4

Forum Member

Default Medic list

Anyone know how the medic application works? Is it just a phone call to Mrs... MR... to be placed on a list, or do you need to bring an application accepted inperson to XXXX city building?

Thanks fellas. Hope all this turns around for us, but it is the City of Chicago...

Forum Member

I know it has been a while since i posted.... i got sick of some of the whining and complaining between us. But i MUST say, Rock and Dalsh.... you guys made me laugh so hard about this process i had to come back and say thanks. Once the last FF dies there will be no more in Chicago, Classic. And the FD was waiting on SS just topped me off.

Forum Member

Default paramedic list

Quote Originally Posted by truckman111 View Post
    Anyone know how the medic application works? Is it just a phone call to Mrs... MR... to be placed on a list, or do you need to bring an application accepted inperson to XXXX city building?

Thanks fellas. Hope all this turns around for us, but it is the City of Chicago...
    department memo came out today.
    accepting applications from 5-4 until 6-1.
    $30 fee, must be an ILLINOIS EMT-P, and have drivers license.

have a website on memo, but doesnt seem to be working yet.
    www.cityofchicago.org/fireparamedicapplication

FYI....in order to cross-over, you must have taken the 2006 test.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 233wacker View Post
    department memo came out today.
    accepting applications from 5-4 until 6-1.
    $30 fee, must be an ILLINOIS EMT-P, and have drivers license.

have a website on memo, but doesnt seem to be working yet.
    www.cityofchicago.org/fireparamedicapplication

FYI....in order to cross-over, you must have taken the 2006 test.
    more info:

http://www.cityofchicago.org/content...ic-FAQspdf.pdf

Forum Member

I Wonder what all this means for the fire side hiring if any thing

Forum Member

If only all rumors were realized that quickly......

No problem on the jokes, it's very necessary to lighten the mood in here at times.

It would be nice if this application process was the sign of good things to come as in, they are opening it up to get paramedics through as well as firefighters while they have the instructors there. One could only hope.

Forum Member

Your Right dalsh that was the fastest accurate rumor I've seen haha i wish we could get that lucky we have been grinding around this forum for years in here...

Forum Member

I know the process is a "lottery", so does this basically mean as long as you meet the minimum requirements you have a shot? Any idea if they end up going through the whole list during the time that it's active?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ILFFPM View Post
    I Wonder what all this means for the fire side hiring if any thing
    I would doubt anything....while part of the same department, the guys riding the ambos and the guys on the rigs are very separate....even separate command structures. Yes guys get pulled off of rigs to go ride the ambo but other than that, they are separate.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LRFFPD View Post
    I know the process is a "lottery", so does this basically mean as long as you meet the minimum requirements you have a shot? Any idea if they end up going through the whole list during the time that it's active?
    1) yes I believe you are correct
    2) I do not know for sure, but I know there are still people from the last time they opened up the list who are awaiting processing. There is a bunch that are simply waiting on final processing, and the rumor is they're going to be the last class from the old list.......just a rumor from a CFD FF/Medic, though.

Forum Member

hey guys lets be realistic. the more people you tell, the more will be on list. the longer you will wait, etc, etc. in the end you will just hurt yourself when a 1000+ guys end up being on this thing while lists in the past were only 400-500. be smart here

Forum Member

Default No Matter

The word is out on this Medic list fellas. The moment the memo hit our firehouse the other day, everyone was on the phone telling a buddy or buddies about it. It will be posted in every hospital and suburban department in the area. In these tough times the opportunity to be a CFD Medic is HUGE, even if you never plan to crossover. And being that the medic ranks are grossly understaffed (to the point that FireFighter/Paramedics are now going to be detailed to ALS ambulances)the chances for a big hiring binge are pretty good. Also some speculation on my part. Mayor Elect Emanuel has retained Commissioner Hoff, which is huge for the Department. I have to believe he will be in the new Mayor's ear about the need to get some FF/EMT classes through the Academy sooner rather than later.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woody19 View Post
    hey guys lets be realistic. the more people you tell, the more will be on list. the longer you will wait, etc, etc. in the end you will just hurt yourself when a 1000+ guys end up being on this thing while lists in the past were only 400-500. be smart here
    I was thinking about hiring a sky-writer to get the word out.

Forum Member

Well Just threw my name on the medic list see how that goes. i really hope they have a fire class and we get in soon though.

Forum Member

Jan 2010 PAT here - for the group awaiting final processing this may come as good news. One of my co-workers spoke with a CFD medic at church yesterday and he advised two academies are still a go for this year. Now I'm not sure if this is including the recent paramedic list or not. Just wanted to post what I heard.....take it as you will......some news is better than no news.

Forum Member

Dont see it including the new medic list but don't worry were all still waiting patiently

Thread Information