Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 280 of 552 FirstFirst ... 180230270277278279280281282283290330380 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,600 of 11028
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

SSIrish

Just throw him on ignore man.
    Last edited by harrynuts; 11-07-2013 at 10:58 PM.

Forum Member

I hope I end up at the same house as SS and PJ.
    That is bound to be loads of fun and make that probie year just fly by

Forum Member

unless I'm missing something this PJ guy calls bulls***. You start in on him and when he returns fire this is what you off load with?

Yeah I'm a loser, a loser that's been a U.S Marshal for almost 10 years, a loser who has taken murderers and molesters off the streets...

And I hope that PJW60620 is your initials and your area code cause it's amazing what a Marshal can do to pinpoint somebody when needed.

And I've been tellin my "source" about this meathead I've been pickin on and he'd love to know your name.

One who is noticed in this city, as well as country for my accolades.

And if we continue to have these little talks, I would be MORE than happy to meet with you somewhere so that we can END this little sissy tiff....

Really?! He calls you out (when you give info that doesn't pan out you must be willing to take some heat for it) and you get into some US Marshal i'm known around the city and country for my accolades, I'm going to tell an instructor who you are because of an internet tiff, i'll meet you in the alley but off to D.C. for some important business first but i'll check in on you guys from time to time shi*?

Awe...Man. Say it ain't so SS... People have been pulling for you on here. Really hoping that your dream comes true and you get on the job. I mean really pulling for you. One guy calls you out and you turn into a total whip and say you're "one who is noticed for my accolades"? Who the hell says accolades? Man. I'm at a loss.. I really can't believe you pulled that card (or deck of cards). I hope we can get back to the basics around here soon.
    Last edited by blue2520; 05-13-2010 at 12:05 PM.

Forum Member

I hate to changed the subject guys but right now would be a perfect opportunity for you to take some EMT-B classes or go to Borders and buy a couple EMT-b books. Your first 3 months in the academy will be @ FAS which is the EMT portion of the academy. It sucks......You will be beaten mentally and phyically be drained so it would be a good idea to start learning what EMT-b is all about now while you wait...If you haven't started working out by now it would be a good time to start...Visit a couple firehouses and see what the life is all about too...you will never be turned away from visiting and I would also ask if it would be ok to go on some runs with the guys...most of you, if not all of you waiting for the next class will get on the job eventually, so it would be wise to get an early start....when visiting a firehouse, don't go to a slow house.....go to a house that you will actually see something if you go out on a couple runs....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SSIrish View Post
    Hey Slim125, yeah he called my cell when i was at work, and called my union office, and my local's financial sec, as well as my superintendent, and all my ref's. He was on the ball yesterday.....Thanks.
    The US Marshals are union? You have superintendents in the US Marshals?
    Unless you ment a Tommy Lee Jones kinda Marshal. In that case you would be in a union or maybe a guild..

I call Bulls***! It's pretty easy for us on here to pinpoint bullsh**.

Now lets cut the crap and get back to what we're here for..

If you have good info that comes from someone inside then use it. If someone calls you out on bad info just look past it. Any and all info is good. And PJ unless you got some info to share stand down.
    Last edited by blue2520; 05-13-2010 at 02:38 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

doesnt matter if he is union firefighters can hold two union cards

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by migoal11 View Post
    doesnt matter if he is union firefighters can hold two union cards
    What's your point? The US Marshals aren't union. Get your head in the game migoal.

Wait.. Maybe the FBI is a union shop? ATF? CIA? Secret Service? ICE? Army? Navy? Air Force? Marines? Haha... What a crock.
    Last edited by blue2520; 05-13-2010 at 02:48 PM.

Forum Member

Blue, you def know how to copy and paste statements, but you lack in understanding what is being stated. I guess I can break it down for you in more simple standards. My neighbor, is an instructor at QUINN. I STATED that numerous times. You ask questions that compares to the ignorance of PJ. Secondly, yes, I am proud to serve my city, as well as the country in the Service, and risk my life daily in order to do so. Tell me, you would not be proud to be a member of the Chicago Fire Dept? Well, I am going to be as proud as my Service Dept. And is very proud telling one so...When you take risks, you get rewarded....Therefore I have ACCOLADES. Maybe someday on the Dept you will have some as well. Blue, stay true to the forum, and read what is being stated. Don't bother to copy and paste, post what you have that's beneficial. I was only rebutting what pj called me out on. Thanks.
    Since I lack the understanding help me out.... What union are you in hero? What local are the US Marshals in? I get your neighbor is an instructor very clearly. I just don't see what that has to do with his. I reposted something you posted last year that stated:

Originally Posted by SSIrish
    Hey Slim125, yeah he called my cell when i was at work, and called my union office, and my local's financial sec, as well as my superintendent, and all my ref's. He was on the ball yesterday.....Thanks.

That looks like someone that was caught posting bullsh**..

I'll cut and paste all day when I see an attack like the one you put on PJ.
    It's the content of your attack that put you in this position. You're gonna call him on the carpet and try to pull a number on him cause he said your info was bad? But all along you're actually full of it.

Now everyone can see pretty clear what you're about. Don't put it back on me. It's clear that you lied trying to push some guy around on the internet and everyone can see. I can't stand when people feel the need to invoke some kinda office or brag about being a hero to back someone off or gain respect. He shows up with a ping-pong paddle and you fire back with an M4. Except it seems that you've been cought firing blankes. Oops. But hey, have safe trip out to DC and risking your life and catching bad guys and getting accolades...

Maybe I'm way off here. Come up with your own judgement boys and girls...
    Last edited by blue2520; 05-13-2010 at 03:28 PM.

Forum Member

I'll ask again.... Can you answer for this?

Originally Posted by SSIrish

If you're a big shot US Marshal then explain. That's all i'm taking about... This isn't about who can beat who up. This isn't about good info or bad. This isn't about who's a good fireman or not. This isn't about who is a man or not. This is about a guy that has lost his mind waiting for this job and is casting shadows on anyone that crosses him. Get a grip.

Forum Member

Absolutely, my job requires me not to allow anybody access, even the CFD, to info relating to it. We can thank 9/11 for that. I did post that info, but had to construe who they contacted and whatnot. I just wanted to post that they had indeed contacted me cause I was thrilled...
    Except for PJ. He was what it took for you to brake cover..

I rest my case.. I think I've heard enough.
    Last edited by blue2520; 05-13-2010 at 04:03 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by blue2520 View Post
    This is about a guy that has lost his mind waiting for this job and is casting shadows on anyone that crosses him.
    I've been saying all along that this waiting sh_t is CFD's version of a physc test. To see who loses it while they wait in limbo.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rockgod View Post
    I've been saying all along that this waiting sh_t is CFD's version of a physc test. To see who loses it while they wait in limbo.
    Well Rock I think 1289 has lost it.....
    Last edited by blue2520; 05-13-2010 at 04:10 PM.

Forum Member

Absolutely, my job requires me not to allow anybody access, even the CFD, to info relating to it. We can thank 9/11 for that. I did post that info, but had to construe who they contacted and whatnot. I just wanted to post that they had indeed contacted me cause I was thrilled...

I don't care what job you currently hold, but if the CFD doesn't get the info they want, they'll pass you over in a second. I think everyone on this forum knows that.
    So, SS, I have no beef with you and ain't tryin to start none, but if you being a marshall means that CFD isn't getting all the required background and personal info they want, I don't see how they will take you on until they get what they want from you.
    And it is kind of suspicious that you posted one thing and now started to construe to another.
    It would have been more believable to just say your were a city cop. I would be more afraid of them than a marshall anyway, seeing as how corrupt they are and how they can get away with what ever they want to do to a person and all.
    I also don't know how you can be a marshall and CFD at the same time?
    I don't know what a marshall's schedule is like, but I know cops, sheriff's and deputy police schedules don't allow them the time.
    Last edited by rockgod; 05-13-2010 at 04:59 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rockgod View Post
    I don't care what job you currently hold, but if the CFD doesn't get the info they want, they'll pass you over in a second. I think everyone on this forum knows that.
    So, SS, I have no beef with you and ain't tryin to start none, but if you being a marshall means that CFD isn't getting all the required background and personal info they want, I don't see how they will take you on until they get what they want from you.
    And it is kind of suspicious that you posted one thing and now started to construe to another.
    It would have been more believable to just say your were a city cop. I would be more afraid of them than a marshall anyway, seeing as how corrupt they are and how they can get away with what ever they want to do to a person and all.
    I also don't know how you can be a marshall and CFD at the same time?
    I don't know what a marshall's schedule is like, but I know cops, sheriff's and deputy police schedules don't allow them the time.
    See that's where you're wrong Rock... He used a "safe house" as his address and a "decoy" plumbing operation as his place of business. Hey.. He's known from coast to coast like butter and toast. Accolades baby. If Ms. Muse doesn't like it she can call 9/11
    Last edited by blue2520; 05-13-2010 at 06:26 PM.

Forum Member

I'm making the popcorn. Anyone else in?

Forum Member

Blue, I couldn't have said anything you've been saying any better! You're110% correct about our boy SS!!

We're all just waiting. Any info is helpful. But I don't think people posting B.S. is helpful at all. I called SS out on it, out of frustration. And like you implied Blue, SS goes ballistic. Those qualities sure will help you in the academy there, SS!!

It's people like Bugsy, 233Wacker, Rockgod and many others that help this board a ton. I just think its way better to get their helpful info on this board, rather than BS (SS) info.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pjw60620 View Post
    Blue, I couldn't have said anything you've been saying any better! You're110% correct about our boy SS!!

We're all just waiting. Any info is helpful. But I don't think people posting B.S. is helpful at all. I called SS out on it, out of frustration. And like you implied Blue, SS goes ballistic. Those qualities sure will help you in the academy there, SS!!

It's people like Bugsy, 233Wacker, Rockgod and many others that help this board a ton. I just think its way better to get their helpful info on this board, rather than BS (SS) info.
    I understand your feelings on this. But I don't believe for a second that SS is spreading bad info or fuc*ing with anyone on purpose.. He's just passing on what he hears good or bad, right or wrong. There is no real way to fact check once someone tells you something so you just have to trust what you hear and post it or not. With that said you take the chance of someone throwing it back at you when it turns out that it's bad info. In a setting like this it's best to just post what you hear and let it work itself out in the wash. I believe he means well with every post that relates to the process.

Now his attack on you is another story.. He in my opinion has the right to fire back at you for saying he's full crap. His info good or bad was and is in good faith and you getting on his case is adding to the stress and negative feelings he already has about the process. The guy is on the cusp of getting on the job and I trust he wishes that every post he has made was true. To be a bully and make up crazy stories to invoke fear or try to gain some respect is out of line. When you get caught and continue you loose all value to your word. We all have to take responsibility for our actions as i'm sure he will do in time and we'll all be here to support him when he does. No matter what is said or happens here we're all in the same boat, have the same goal and should never loose sight of that. That goal is to stand next to each other at Navy Peir as one and take the oath of office as a Chicago Firefighter. We'll all get there in time and this will be nothing more then part of the ride.
    Last edited by blue2520; 05-13-2010 at 07:47 PM.

Forum Member

Looks like we have a pretty good mix of people between the age of 22 and 37 in this thread. It's only normal to see some of these younger guys shooting off some testosterone. Not very productive though. Lets just stick to the task at hand.
    Speaking of age, i'll be hitting 35 in November 2010. I'm banking on the manning preservation. I have a feeling that arbitrator Benn will probably overlook the manning issue and try to keep things simple. The city may just focus the manning issues into the next contract after this one. Finger crossed here.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by harrynuts View Post
    Looks like we have a pretty good mix of people between the age of 22 and 37 in this thread. It's only normal to see some of these younger guys shooting off some testosterone. Not very productive though. Lets just stick to the task at hand.
    Speaking of age, i'll be hitting 35 in November 2010. I'm banking on the manning preservation. I have a feeling that arbitrator Benn will probably overlook the manning issue and try to keep things simple. The city may just focus the manning issues into the next contract after this one. Finger crossed here.
    Harry, when did both sides agree on Benn being the arbitator? I didn't hear that they were even brokering a deal on a potential arbitator. He did police but i'm pretty sure that doesn't mean he's doing fire.

The arbitrator will only decide on issues brought to the hearing and you can be asured that nothing will be taken lightly or kept simple. The city has a chance get rid of hundreds of spots through attrition. That won't happen again for another 30 years given that they replace the retirements. If there was ever a time it's now. But they have so many issues on the table it's not even funny. I heard that best case all engine companys go to 4 men except downtown, they stay at 5 with trucks and squads citywide.. But this is very much rumor so take it for what it's worth. The only thing I can think of that could play in our favor is the fact that it's pushing election season and the mayor has his hands full. A serious reduction in manning could be painful at the polls depending on how it plays out.
    Last edited by blue2520; 05-13-2010 at 10:08 PM.

Forum Member

I received my passing PAT letter today from the CFD, I was stoked.

Thread Information