Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 281 of 554 FirstFirst ... 181231271278279280281282283284291331381 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,620 of 11069
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NCAFF View Post
    I received my passing PAT letter today from the CFD, I was stoked.

Congratulations kid. I'm sure all the transexuals on the North Side can't wait to get a hold of your tight little buns

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by blue2520 View Post
    A serious reduction in manning could be painful at the polls depending on how it plays out.
    OK. I will bank on that then

I don't know where I read about Benn possibly arbitering the Local 2 contract. Perhaps it was in that Fireside Chat board you recommended to me where all those psychotic retards spew out loads of diarrhea. You got me hooked on that place. Some real crazies in there, along with some very knowledgeable people as well.

Forum Member

Hey All

I will be 38 in 1 year 3 months. I turned in my interest card about 2 weeks ago. Do you think I have a chance of making it into an academy by then? (If I pass all other steps).

I thought I remembered you. I didn't realize so many people were so close to that 38 cutoff.
    Looks like onedaycliff will probably get the shaft, but I would give you about a 65% chance with 14 months left till the FU letter comes. Good Luck my friend.
    Last edited by harrynuts; 05-13-2010 at 10:54 PM.

Forum Member

It's amazing what a badge and gun can do to some people.And what I would like to know how are you gonna hold 2 goverment jobs
    Quote Originally Posted by SSIrish View Post
    Your just a sissy Blue. Plainto terms that onthis site there are some men, and mostly women .You guys will be the women of the firehouse once you get in. And I swear, I'd love to meet the ones I'm talking about so I can put my foot in their a.s.s. I don't need to back up people on here, or post whether I like or dislike what their posting. Why, cause I could really care less. I don't need someone to hold my hand, and it's proven that some on here need just that. I figured to post what I hear from an instructor but some mentally handicapped individuals can't seem to grasp that. Others, like me take what is being said and put it away, but some, like you and pj are putting their life on getting the job. I don't wish ill will towards you, but you really need to man up and be a man, and don't feel the need to put a pink cape on and jump on somebody's back. I really can't believe that I even waste my time to E fight with some sacs like you guys, and I even shake my head while doing so, but you really need to be called out once you put that cape on and start skipping.....

Forum Member

Keefus,
    Make more popcorn, I can move in another leather recliner as well.....

Forum Member

I was processed as well did final medical in October 2010, got the clearance, and just as others, am waiting for the final letter....
    Ready to rock n roll guys!

Forum Member

Well, probies get the shaft, its expected. Is the North side a little different? As long as I have a chance for working for the CFD, they can put me in the N, S, E, O'Hare, wherever, I'll be happy.
    Last edited by NCAFF; 05-14-2010 at 12:47 AM.

Forum Member

September 2009 my bad I apologize

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by harrynuts View Post
    I thought I remembered you. I didn't realize so many people were so close to that 38 cutoff.
    Looks like onedaycliff will probably get the shaft, but I would give you about a 65% chance with 14 months left till the FU letter comes. Good Luck my friend.
    Hey Harry: A 65% chance is better than nothing. Im just stoked to have made it this far. Its a good feeling to have a chance to work for the CFD, if all goes well. I have almost exactly 15 months till the 38 year old cut off, and then its over. You local boys should be given more points and priority over out of towners, much respect for you all. It was good seeing all the applicants going through the PAT and meeting some of them, almost everyone had a Illinois DL on their desk in front of them when waiting to go urinate in the cup.
    Last edited by NCAFF; 05-14-2010 at 12:48 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by blue2520 View Post
    Harry, when did both sides agree on Benn being the arbitator? I didn't hear that they were even brokering a deal on a potential arbitator. He did police but i'm pretty sure that doesn't mean he's doing fire.

The arbitrator will only decide on issues brought to the hearing and you can be asured that nothing will be taken lightly or kept simple. The city has a chance get rid of hundreds of spots through attrition. That won't happen again for another 30 years given that they replace the retirements. If there was ever a time it's now. But they have so many issues on the table it's not even funny. I heard that best case all engine companys go to 4 men except downtown, they stay at 5 with trucks and squads citywide.. But this is very much rumor so take it for what it's worth. The only thing I can think of that could play in our favor is the fact that it's pushing election season and the mayor has his hands full. A serious reduction in manning could be painful at the polls depending on how it plays out.
    Blue, I believe both sides agreed to Benn as the arbitrator about 2 months ago. It was posted in the sounder. This was before he came back with the crappy ruling on the raises. I remember the Secretary telling us to pay close attention to the PD cause we also accepted Benn as our arbitrator. Also wish I had more to tell you with any classes coming up but nobody knows anything on the streets. Guys on here know more of when classes are gonna happen than guys that got 20 yrs on the job. Rumor is summer for the medics. I'll believe that when I see it though. Good Luck
    Last edited by chicago1; 05-14-2010 at 09:54 AM.

Forum Member

Well, probies get the shaft, its expected. Is the North side a little different? As long as I have a chance for working for the CFD, they can put me in the N, S, E, O'Hare, wherever, I'll be happy.
    turned my interest card in almost 18mos ago and been through the whole process, just waiting for final processing, hopefully you wont have to wait that long for your sake and ago
    definitely recommend for those who are waiting to pound out that EMT course and better yet continue to get your medic

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago1 View Post
    Blue, I believe both sides agreed to Benn as the arbitrator about 2 months ago. It was posted in the sounder. This was before he came back with the crappy ruling on the raises. I remember the Secretary telling us to pay close attention to the PD cause we also accepted Benn as our arbitrator. Also wish I had more to tell you with any classes coming up but nobody knows anything on the streets. Guys on here know more of when classes are gonna happen than guys that got 20 yrs on the job. Rumor is summer for the medics. I'll believe that when I see it though. Good Luck
    This is to blue and anyone else who may have read my above post,
    I was completely wrong in saying that Benn is the CFD's arbitrator. I just read in the most recent President's report that no arbitrator has been chosen between the City and the FD. So, I definitely stuck my foot in my mouth in the above quote. Sorry guys and gals. I think I need my eyes and ears checked. Good Luck to all

Forum Member

I'm pretty sure I read the same thing in the last Sounder. I thought it said said they would be using the same guy?...

Forum Member

What happened to everyone. This thread was entertaining for awhile. Only a few post in the last couple days, I guess there isn't much happening lately with the hiring process. If I knew something I'd write, but I don't know nuth'en as of now.

Forum Member

What happened to everyone. This thread was entertaining for awhile. Only a few post in the last couple days, I guess there isn't much happening lately with the hiring process. If I knew something I'd write, but I don't know nuth'en as of now.
    I rather read nothing then have to sift through the SSIrish and PJW e-argument. Hopefully they're done and it's not silent only b/c SS is out of town.

Forum Member

I guess the next thing to look for is that further processing letter. Hope it comes soon.

Forum Member

I'm new to the board here and was just looking for some info on where we're at on the list. My number is in the upper 3200's.....anyone know where they are at on the list??

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chi7112 View Post
    I'm new to the board here and was just looking for some info on where we're at on the list. My number is in the upper 3200's.....anyone know where they are at on the list??
    There is a wealth of information in past posts. If you have time i'd suggest going through it. especially feb 09 - december 09... Lately there has just been a p.i.s.sing match going on,....
    Speaking of, I really hope that argument is over. Grow up all of you and move on,...... because we are getting annoyed by this long process. If you are 3200's and non vet my guess is you have at minimum a year until your interest card and then another year of tests and more waiting... so 2 years until you're on if you're lucky.

On another note. I have heard from a few of my sources is still the same BS. Final P is put off until things simmer down. No start date until then so it could be anywhere from Aug-Who the hell knows. but one thing is certain i'm told, the letter isn't coming tomorrow and it is just more waiting.... BE READY TO WAIT WAIT WAIT. more fun right?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chi7112 View Post
    If your under 32 your chances of eventually getting on look pretty good. They are at #2400 right now. If any manning reductions take place in the upcoming contract, then you can plan on keeping your day job

MembersZone Subscriber

A while back someone said they thought there was approx. 300-400 people somewhere in the process from interest card-waiting for final processing letter. Which I think is a fair estimate. My question is this. How many guys do you think are waiting for the final letter? My guess is around 200. Anyone with any thoughts on this?

Thread Information