Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 288 of 557 FirstFirst ... 188238278285286287288289290291298338388 ... LastLast
Results 5,741 to 5,760 of 11121
Like Tree284Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    Hard to tell if they will hire off our list. I believe (but not positive) that our PATS expire after one year. So we would likely have to take those again. I think since our test has been proven to be a fair selection process,Chicago will utilize it for a while. But who the hell knows. All I know is I have pretty much adjusted my life as if I will not be hired by Chicago. If it happens great. If not well I will no longer let myself get disappointed.
    The PAT has an expiration? If that is true, I don't understand why they sent a batch of interest cards and then another batch of interest cards out, when they already had a set of people waiting on final processing. They had to have an idea that they couldn't go through all these people in only a year you are correct in that. I knew that the medicals had an expiration, but I didn't realize the PAT did too.

I believe that some more people will get hired off the 2006 test someday, just who knows when.

Forum Member

First off the PAT's do not expire. The CPAT does and we didn't take the CPAT. Whoever started that rumor is full of crap.

Second, they will be hiring off this list. If (and that is a big if) manning gets cut it will be sometime before hiring will continue but it will at some point. Who gave anyone the idea that hiring off this list is over? This list will be good for a long time and if manning stays intact we'll all get our chance without any doubt. Be patient and keep your eyes on the road. Don't let your mind play tricks on you. Again, the city didn't put us through the PAT or whereever you are in the process to fuc* with you.

Taking 6 fireman from OFI and putting them back in the houses has no effect on hiring. We're talking about 6 guys.

All doom and gloom.. Get a grip people. This department isn't falling apart and cleaning house. Let the FD get a new Comish. Let the city and local 2 figure out this contract. Let things run its course. Enjoy your summer and have a little faith.
    Last edited by blue2520; 06-07-2010 at 04:12 PM.

Forum Member

Thanks for clearing that up Blue, I did not believe the PAT expired, but I have been wrong before. I'm also with you in that they will hire from this list, its just a matter of when.

Forum Member

I guess maybe I shouldn't have said anything about the PATS if I wasnt positive but thanks for clearing it up. I thought maybe I read that here or heard it from a reliable source. I have been wrong before lol. And Blue you are right about not being all doom and gloom. I think its more frustration than anything. Things seemed to be moving along until about 3 months ago. Oh well in all honesty I think we will all be ok just a matter of time.

Forum Member

Some of you guys need to calm down a bit. Lawsuit and manning reductions suck, but for those of us who are in processing right now, at any stage will be fine. We will be hired it just may take a little longer. They have already put time and money into us and they arent going to throw that away, even if they retest soon (which I doubt they will any time) they will still finish our group and send us in. They are going to need more manning eventually.

I myself just took the PAT in April and I was originally anticipating starting the academy late 2011. With all that is going on it may be pushed back later. But unless your in late 30's and worried about the age cutoff, I can almost say with 100% certainty that we are gold as long as we pass everything else. Just relax, live your life as normal, stay in shape, and stay out of trouble.

And for those of you who keep saying "I have always dreamed of becoming a fireman" or whatever. Nothing is stopping you. Get your medic, try and get on a volunteer or part time gig to get your FFII and start testing in the suburbs like the rest of us.
    Last edited by Outlet05; 06-08-2010 at 11:22 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by blue2520 View Post
    First off the PAT's do not expire. The CPAT does and we didn't take the CPAT. Whoever started that rumor is full of crap.
    Just to clarify the CPAT does not ever expire, as there is no expiration date on the card itself. However, most departments require it be obtained within a year or six months of their test.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Blackhawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by truckman111 View Post
    Blackhawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bravo!!!!!

Another beautiful chapter in the history of Chicago.

Forum Member

Default Way to Go

Thank You Blackhawks...Got a new T-Shirt coming compliments of the Philadelphia Fire Department. GREAT JOB BOYS!!!

Forum Member

Loved how the crowd booed Daley and Quinn when they spoke at the parade.

Forum Member

Anybody hear anything new? It's been kinda quiet around here lately.

Forum Member

I have not received anything in the mail since the PAT passing letter.

Forum Member

Same here Harry, I took the PAT in January. Its been awfully quiet around here.

Forum Member

Maybe the appointment of Fire Commissioner Hoff will get things moving.

Forum Member

"Hoff said Chicago would continue to be a trendsetter among major cities in cross-training firefighters as paramedics to respond to the decline in fires and increase in calls for emergency medical service."

Get your medic boys and girls!

Forum Member

What's the story with all these CFD suicides?

Over the course of 18 months, seven firefighters had taken their own lives.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default contract

I know the contract is going to arbitration and they have 120 days from that point to make a decision. Correct? Has the clock started yet? If not when does it start? Also does the whole contract go or just what wasn't agreed on go(ie.manning,money)?

Also does anyone know for sure that the medical evaluation does expire in 1 year? If so what happens to the guys who are expired? Thanks

Forum Member

Default military make up test

The military makeup test was hosted on saturday and there were about 125 attendes total. Im just wondering how the veterans will be placed on the list . Anyone know if it is seperate, or if veterans just get placed into the same list? Dunno if this question has been adressed before, but I didn't feel like searching to find it. thanks

Forum Member

Harry-

I heard that some of them are from guys finding out that their wife is screwing other guys when they're on shift and losing it. No BS.

Slimd-

The city and local 2 haven't even decided on an arbitrator so the clock hasn't started. I'm pretty sure it starts once the hearings start. The arbitrator will only decide on the issues put before him or her (manning, healthcare costs, raises, etc..). Nothing more or less. I know nothing about the medical, sorry I can't be of help.

Rdog-

The vets will be put on the list with everyone else.
    Last edited by blue2520; 06-27-2010 at 09:16 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks blue. If anybody else has info on the medical it would be appreciated.

Thread Information