Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

my fault guys sorry...im done with the b/s i just wanna find out info on whats goin on

It looks hot in there

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyT1986 View Post
    my fault guys sorry...im done with the b/s i just wanna find out info on whats goin on
    so.......go talk to all the people you "know" in the department. Really, I'm quite shocked that you even need to come here to try and find anything out.

go ahead, call me a dick..or to die or something..we all know it's coming.
    'Adversus incendia excubias nocturnas vigilesque commentus est"

www.vententersearch.com

Forum Member

see what i mean

Forum Member

Default updates on the court case

Lawyers' Committee Wins Class Remedy in Discriminatory Hiring Case Against Chicago Fire Department 04/24/2007

On April 19, 2007, Judge Gottschall issued a remedial injunction Lewis, et al. v. City of Chicago.

In summary, the Judge ordered the City to: hire 132 class members over the next two years; award these 132 class members retroactive seniority for most purposes; pay a share of back wages to class members who are not hired in accordance with her April 19, 2007 order but who submit a valid and timely claim form; appoint a CFD incumbent as an ombudsman to address the needs of class members hired pursuant to the April 19,2007 remedial order.

Please note that back pay will not be distributed until 2009. Please also note that because the back wages for 132 positions will be distributed to a very large class--a class of over 6,000 class members--the share that any one class member receives will be small. The City has the right to appeal the April 19, 2007 remedial decision, as well as the earlier decision that determined that the 1995 firefighter exam was discriminatory.

Forum Member

WOW pretty quiet here. I saw someone posted they are going for their physical on the 17th. Was that true or B.S.?

Forum Member

Question Answer to Ted

Ted, I think the earlier post by Anthony was B.S. I haven't heard anything else on it and I'm sure someone else would have got a notification. I'm I wrong Anthony, you just playing with us?

Forum Member

read back at all his previous posts...the sh*t just pours from his mouth...this is the same guy who said he is winning because he is black...i think that if they were going to hire anyone and not pay attention to the lawsuit class then it would be the '95 guys who are in limbo

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by heavy69 View Post
    Ted, I think the earlier post by Anthony was B.S. I haven't heard anything else on it and I'm sure someone else would have got a notification. I'm I wrong Anthony, you just playing with us?
    ofcourse i was just playing around

MembersZone Subscriber

As I have said before, I got a lotto ticket. My odds aren't that bad. If I do not get the job it is not the end of the world, if I do, I do. Until then I am going to live my life, and not sit next to the phone for a call, or hanging out at the curb for the mailman to deliver a letter. AND I SURE THE HECK AM NOT GOING TO LISTEN TO ALL THE KNOW IT ALLS HERE.

Forum Member

Wow it's been pretty quite here lately!

Forum Member

Ooops Quiet, typing too quick.

Forum Member

Took the test a year ago and got a number in the 3000s. Does anyone see them going that high? However, did anyone else see the way they are giving military preference with this exam. Military veterans are gauranteed to be included in the academy at the same percentage of veterans who took the test- which could even be a low percentage. How exactly is that preference? Veterans are supposed to be given preference on all civil service exams. I smell another lawsuit.

Forum Member

how about that fire today!

anybody hear anything lately?

Forum Member

Took the test a year ago and havent heard anything except for my number. Anyone have any guess how high they will process through on the list?- how many are needed? Also, has anyone noticed that veterans preference on this exam is to only hire veterans in the same percentage that took the test. how is this preference? I smell another lawsuit.

Forum Member

Seamu25

I was kind of curious myself. I have number 2300
    They are going in order starting from 1 to 17,000

I was just wondering if someone can give me a ballpark figure of when they might send me a letter. I assume they screen at least 500 people a year, so I figure maybe 4 years. I might be wrong

I just looked back on an earlier post and seen that it took from 96 to 02 to go through 1700 people from the well qualified list. Do they mean that they had to screen through 1700 to fill the spots or they hired 1700 and screened through more people? Can anyone clarify this?
    Last edited by harrynuts; 05-14-2007 at 10:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Forum Member

Harry,

I am also in the 2200's, I'm guessing we will be processed about 2 years after they start to process from our list. So right now I'm guessing around Fall of '09, with starting the academy in the first quarter of '10.

But this is just an educated guess on my part, so in no way do I claim any merit to the above statement.

Forum Member

I was estimating around 3 years myself. I have heard the process may be faster then the last register since so many plan to retire.

I'm sure this thread will stay alive for quite a while. People will start posting their call dates and coenciding #'s once the process starts which I hear may be in June.

Forum Member

Talk to a group of firefighters at my local station and all they know is they heard a class is going to Start Nov 07 and will contain some people from the 1995 lawsuit group.. They did not know if 1.) 1995 list is dead and 2.) When will the start processing the 06 group.. Most had been on the job over seven years and just said the whole l processes usually took nine months. But they can't confirm how long it would take now with the added group from the 1995 lawsuit. Hope this helps..

Forum Member

I got a funny story for all of you. When I applied for the 2006 exam online a week before the deadline, I called my brother and told him to apply as well.
    He kept whining about how it's impossible to get in and bascially said it was a lost cause. I bothered him about it all that week and he finally decided to go online to submit, but he was like 20 minutes past the deadline and could'nt make it. Moral of the story is his SSN (last two numbers) ends in 39. Little did he know that he would of been in the first 500 or so. Now he blames me for the whole thing

There are guys in this forum who would give their left nut to have that chance and this guy (my brother) sadly procrastinated until it was too late. I'm so mad at him, but I will get over it.
    Last edited by harrynuts; 05-15-2007 at 03:24 PM.

Forum Member

has anyone heard if they are going to mix the lawsuit guys with the '06 guys (if the '95 list is dead)

Forum Member

Default Answer to Joey T

Joey,

I'd have to say the 1995 list is dead since the judge, in the injunction decision, said no hiring from 1995 list except for class members. Not much else here....

MembersZone Subscriber

Content Removed
    Last edited by martz847; 06-07-2010 at 08:22 PM.

I heard that there will not be a new class until 2008. This may be due to budget reasons etc.. Plus I don't think that the City of Chicago planned on losing that case. I know that the city is going to appeal the verdict.

Hopefully something will happen sooner than 2008 but this is what I have heard from plenty of people so far.....

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Vet Pref??

Does anyone have a clue how they applied our veterans preference in the 2006 test? I can't seem to make sense of it.

Also do any of you guys from the 95 list know how they did it then?

thanks

Forum Member

In the next couple weeks you should know if the City is going to appeal. BY May 19Th. the City is to send out letters to the "132" per court order. If they don't send the letters out by the 19Th. you can assume that there's going to be an appeal by the City. Which I highly doubt they will appeal. I mean super highly doubt. I haven't heard of any new news lately but the CFD will have a lot of fireman retiring this year and the last class to graduate was in Feb. 07' and if the City hires these clowns per court order you would have to imagine that they will have a class in the last quarter of 07'. They have to hire 132 of them within the next 23 months and will not put them all in one class. They will be spread out between at least four classes. Expect one class by the end of the year and a second one starting three months later.

Also I think the City has a % of Vets in each class as they do cross overs. I can be wrong about the Vets being a certain % of each class but I think thats the way it goes. So if 10% of all test takers were Vets then each class will have 10% Vets. Don't Quote me on that though.

Thread Information