Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 311 of 555 FirstFirst ... 211261301308309310311312313314321361411 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,220 of 11088
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

I just spoke with HR again (very nice lady btw) and they informed me that Mrs. Ghant is NO LONGER PART OF THE FD RECRUIT PROCESS!!!!!!!!! Therefore she would not be able to answer any more of our questions. However there is a new lady who hasn't been able to return my calls as of yet but the lady I spoke with stated she would be getting back to me tomorrow with further details about upcoming events. I'll post more on the new lady if in fact she does get back to me. Now guys let’s not bombard HR with a ton of phone calls, which I'm sure I'm not the only one that has attempted to call, but rather let’s just communicate what we know via this website through a handful of people calling. I just feel like more will get done if they aren't dealing with us left and right then getting fed up with us, get my drift fellas?

Quote Originally Posted by 4leafclover View Post
    That could be a close number. I think that only 500+ made it into the academy out of the first 1500 cards sent out. They might have to reach into those recent pat to fill a class

I certainly hope that they do pluck a few of us out. I wonder if there will be any rhyme or reason to who gets picked out of the recent PATs if indeed they do need a few of us. I know I was one of the first days, if not the first day of PATs (01/05/10) out of the last batch, however my # was 21** and that was towards the end of the first set of interest cards sent out on this last go around (I think they sent an additional 150 out after our pat in Jan?). I guess its all speculation from here on out.

I'll let you guys know what I figure out from HR in the next day or two, also anyone with inside sources don't be afraid of speaking up, even if it does turn out to be false hope, it’s better than an empty forum...

TRUCKMAN

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4leafclover View Post
    That could be a close number. I think that only 500+ made it into the academy out of the first 1500 cards sent out. They might have to reach into those recent pat to fill a class

Im new to posting on this site......i passed medical back in Nov 09, called in March 10 to confirm. I recently called and was told there wasn't any academy scheduled soon but that I was still in the approved section and should be hearing back once the next class starts.there was a rumor going around that the class that should have happened in early 10 was delayed because there wasn't enough to fill a class. Hopefully we all hear something solid soon.....

Forum Member

[QUOTE=truckman111;1236501]I just spoke with HR again (very nice lady btw) and they informed me that Mrs. Ghant is NO LONGER PART OF THE FD RECRUIT PROCESS!!!!!!!!! Therefore she would not be able to answer any more of our questions. However there is a new lady who hasn't been able to return my calls as of yet but the lady I spoke with stated she would be getting back to me tomorrow with further details about upcoming events. I'll post more on the new lady if in fact she does get back to me. Now guys letís not bombard HR with a ton of phone calls, which I'm sure I'm not the only one that has attempted to call, but rather letís just communicate what we know via this website through a handful of people calling. I just feel like more will get done if they aren't dealing with us left and right then getting fed up with us, get my drift fellas?

.....i called and spoke to the new woman recently and it took about a week for her to respond so just be patient.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Futurechicagoff View Post
    Im new to posting on this site......i passed medical back in Nov 09, called in March 10 to confirm. I recently called and was told there wasn't any academy scheduled soon but that I was still in the approved section and should be hearing back once the next class starts.there was a rumor going around that the class that should have happened in early 10 was delayed because there wasn't enough to fill a class. Hopefully we all hear something solid soon.....
    Welcome. I would think more have fallen off since 2 years ago for whatever reason. If that number & dates are correct they have to dip in that pool. So we should be hearing something from guys with lower numbers of recent Pat

Forum Member

Default Dont assume

I was just reading a post about someone calling HR to follow up on the process and to make sure he didnt slip through the cracks and I just want to say if you feel something is wrong it usually is. Follow up on everything Im on the job now but I might not have been had I not called because I wasnt gonna be passed for medical then my file ended up on someones desk I was told no call was going to be made to me about it So track the hiring process and keep track of the numbers be a bloodhound these people dont know you and dont know how bad you want this job. Any little thing can send your file on a different course. Im telling you I almost never made it on the job for the Stupidest reason on the earth I called and clarified it and they were like wow you almost didnt make it

good luck menzes

Forum Member

So I took my medical a long time ago (nearly a year). I got a letter saying I had to go to my own doctor to get a couple things checked out and return the signed docs.
    I turned in the docs and a week or two later I got a letter saying the exact same thing (WTF!). After looking over my copies of the docs, i noticed my name mispelled by one letter. I assumed this was why I got the second letter as did the nurse I sopke with (not Elise Newkirk). I turned in new copies with my name spelled correct and never heard anything again.

My question here is, should I call medical to check on my status, or City of Chicago HR dept, or both?
    If I should call HR, does someone have the number so I don't have to go searching for it?

MembersZone Subscriber

Rock, If I were you I would start with HR and see where they send you. With you not knowing for sure where you stand it would give you some peace of mind to confirm things.
    I'm wondering myself about my situation because I had to go back to my doctor to get something cleared up. Which I did and got a verbal "your good to go" from Elise Horton in medical, but thats it. No paperwork saying such. ENG399 is right though. These people don't care how bad you want this. I watched the lady at my BI put my file inside of a James Martinez's file and thats not my name!

Forum Member

Well since I took the agility test about a year ago I've only heard back that I passed and to wait for more info. Nothing yet.

Today I've been calling around trying to get some info at HR, after a long run around I finally got some lady's voicemail and left a message.

Does anyone have a good number I can call? I didn't get the voicemail until I was transfered a bunch of times so I don't have that number even.

I've been having trouble getting a career off the ground in this economy. Some news, good or not, from the CFD would help spirits a lot.

edit: did a search and came across some #'s
    Last edited by Yoda; 01-06-2011 at 01:20 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Well since I took the agility test about a year ago I've only heard back that I passed and to wait for more info. Nothing yet.

Today I've been calling around trying to get some info at HR, after a long run around I finally got some lady's voicemail and left a message.

Does anyone have a good number I can call? I didn't get the voicemail until I was transfered a bunch of times so I don't have that number even.

I've been having trouble getting a career off the ground in this economy. Some news, good or not, from the CFD would help spirits a lot.

edit: did a search and came across some #'s
    Care to share those numbers?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by slimd125 View Post
    Rock, If I were you I would start with HR and see where they send you. With you not knowing for sure where you stand it would give you some peace of mind to confirm things.
    I'm wondering myself about my situation because I had to go back to my doctor to get something cleared up. Which I did and got a verbal "your good to go" from Elise Horton in medical, but thats it. No paperwork saying such. ENG399 is right though. These people don't care how bad you want this. I watched the lady at my BI put my file inside of a James Martinez's file and thats not my name!
    I didn't even get a verbal "your good". The dude at the desk that I gave my paperwork to said if it's wrong you'll get another letter, but I'd still like a litle peace of mind.
    I'm sure everyone can relate to that

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rockgod View Post
    Care to share those numbers?
    Sure thing.

312-744-4976

That's the same number I found online someplace... still not the direct line to whomever I left a message with.

Forum Member

April 1st, 113 candidates will proceed into the academy that are ready to go from prior processing. The woman I spoke with stated they have enough to fill this class for April 1st.

Good luck guys! Wish you the best. Oh and like I said earlier we pri shouldn't blow up HR with phone calls but thats easier said than done!

Hope this helps! It was straight from the horses mouth guys no bs, so if it doesn't workout don't shoot the messenger.

Forum Member

April 1st is a Friday though...
    Last edited by ABS1980; 01-06-2011 at 05:13 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by truckman111 View Post
    Oh and like I said earlier we pri shouldn't blow up HR with phone calls but thats easier said than done!
    I don't expect them to wait on thousands of candidates hand and foot but over a year and no info? Time to ring some phones for me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ABS1980 View Post
    April 1st is a Friday though...
    It doesn't matter if it's a Friday or Monday....Our pay periods start on the 1st and 16th....classes start on the 1st or 16th but if the 1st was on a Sat., Sun or a holiday, the class would start the next business day....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy2007 View Post
    It doesn't matter if it's a Friday or Monday....Our pay periods start on the 1st and 16th....classes start on the 1st or 16th but if the 1st was on a Sat., Sun or a holiday, the class would start the next business day....
    It would be odd though Bugs. The 5 previous classes all started on a Monday or Tuesday. And one class started on the third, a Tuesday, with no holiday prior. My concern would be the 113 candidates, which is almost identical to the number (112) needed to be hired through the lawsuit. I could see bringing those guys in on a Friday then giving them the weekend to think about it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by truckman111 View Post
    April 1st, 113 candidates will proceed into the academy that are ready to go from prior processing. The woman I spoke with stated they have enough to fill this class for April 1st.

Good luck guys! Wish you the best. Oh and like I said earlier we pri shouldn't blow up HR with phone calls but thats easier said than done!

Hope this helps! It was straight from the horses mouth guys no bs, so if it doesn't workout don't shoot the messenger.
    Truckman,

Did she specify was it lawsuit or 2006 list guys. Because i agree with previous post that number is to close to those mopes.

MembersZone Subscriber

truckman111 you said guys that are already processed? Theres no way any of those lawsuit guys have already been fully processed...At least I don't think so.

Anyone who took there medical at the end of 2009. About how many guys were there when you reported to FAS?

Forum Member

She said specifically that it was NOT the lawsuit guys. I ask the same question because I thought the number sounded the same, however she specifically said it was not. She stated that they got the word to start processing the 95 guys last summer and then was told to stop promptly. Now guys I know that people have said they were told by this or that person that the next academy would be here and there. Guys I'm just passing along what I've been told so take it for what it is. I didn't look at my calendar before I posted I just wanted to get the dates out.

I suggest calling down there and see what you guys find out.

All she said was they shouldn't need to dip into the recent pats because they have enough that are ready for FP. Good luck guys. Don't worry I'm not trying to start rumors just passing some hopeful info!

Forum Member

Took my medical in oct 09 and at the scheduling of the medical there were approx 40 there. I do not know if there were a couple days or not.

Thread Information