Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 316 of 556 FirstFirst ... 216266306313314315316317318319326366416 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,320 of 11109
Like Tree283Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Ya, I agree. It's all just rumors until I get that letter.
    And again, wasn't calling BS from you, just curious.

Good luck to us all, hopefully our day is nearly here

Forum Member

Default Not a Rumor

At my firehouse there is a memo from the District Chief listing the points covered in the last Commissioner's meeting. One of the points states "2-1-3 (the Fire Commissioner) is requesting 2 Candidate classes this year, 125 each". I would almost guarantee at least one. Good Luck.

Forum Member

I should have noted that this may not affect the 3,000 people the City has already referred to the Chicago Fire Department Personnel. Previously, I believe the City was referring over somewhere around 10 percent veterans, they are now referring 20.

I only read the press release and Id have to read the actual language, but if its only preference in the City referring over, well, the City has already referred over 3,000 candidates to the CFD. If it is preference in processing, then the city arguably should/may just to ward off a lawsuit add another 25 veterans more (for a total of 50 if there are two classes of 125) than they would have before to the two classes planned for this year - which is a big bump for those who are vets.

If anybody cares to call in and ask how it is being applied let us know. CFD Personnel/HR likely received a memo with instructions for implementation of the change.

Forum Member

So I talked to my buddy that just missed the last class he seemed to remember the lady saying he was one of a handful but that he has also heard he is one of many. Im Nervous that some of us (worried about me most lol) will not make this supposed next class can anyone approximate the numbers floating around. there was about 20 who waived the last class and the people who waived the class prior. as well as the veterans and crossovers although they were processed with us. I Believe there were 2 medicals groups one called to schedule the medical in sept.24 and one called to schedule medicals in jan feb. was someone in a different group to be called? thank you have a good day

Forum Member

I believe and this is just from reading old posts but that there were only two groups called to schedule there medicals after the Aug academy group started the one i was in in sept.24 to schedule it and the one jan and feb anyone in another group?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ILFFPM View Post
    So I talked to my buddy that just missed the last class he seemed to remember the lady saying he was one of a handful but that he has also heard he is one of many. Im Nervous that some of us (worried about me most lol) will not make this supposed next class can anyone approximate the numbers floating around. there was about 20 who waived the last class and the people who waived the class prior. as well as the veterans and crossovers although they were processed with us. I Believe there were 2 medicals groups one called to schedule the medical in sept.24 and one called to schedule medicals in jan feb. was someone in a different group to be called? thank you have a good day
    I think the guys in the first wave of medicals SHOULD be in, assumeing they are still running by your assigned number.I on the other hand was in the second wave and am worried about the same thing you are ILFFPM. How many times are people allowed to defer the academy? We should be fine. Its just all this idle time sitting around thinking of ways we can get screwed out of the next class. Easy to say I guess.

Forum Member

You are allowed to defer twice i believe and as far as the first group being in i believe your number was lower than mine im in the very low 1400s i think they called people just based on if you were done with your bi after that it goes to assigned number which is why i may be behind does anyone else have a number in the 1400?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by slimd125 View Post
    I think the guys in the first wave of medicals SHOULD be in, assumeing they are still running by your assigned number.I on the other hand was in the second wave and am worried about the same thing you are ILFFPM. How many times are people allowed to defer the academy? We should be fine. Its just all this idle time sitting around thinking of ways we can get screwed out of the next class. Easy to say I guess.
    Unless something changed you are only allowed to defer one class. Someone I know through family defered and they told him only once is allowed. Thankfully i was a September med but i doubt there is anything to worry about if you were in the Jan/Feb group. 20 people seems a little high to defer and you never know, there might be people who defer this next class that open spots up. Maybe a few unlucky guys might have to wait but i wouldn't put that number above 3-4. Good luck though, hope to meet you guys in the academy soon.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by seditiondp View Post
    Unless something changed you are only allowed to defer one class. Someone I know through family defered and they told him only once is allowed. Thankfully i was a September med but i doubt there is anything to worry about if you were in the Jan/Feb group. 20 people seems a little high to defer and you never know, there might be people who defer this next class that open spots up. Maybe a few unlucky guys might have to wait but i wouldn't put that number above 3-4. Good luck though, hope to meet you guys in the academy soon.
    Your allowed to defer two times.....the third time your called for the start of the academy you either go into the academy or your out of consideration for the job.

MembersZone Subscriber

Good point about guys in our group defering. Also you know theres going to be a few that just don't take the job. I'd say less than 5.

On another note. Anyone have or know someone who has a house for rent? 2 or 3 br?

Forum Member

It prob is 2 classes then. I was told differently but that was 2nd hand so i wasnt sure. With as little crap the CFD does during this process you would think they would only allow one.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by slimd125 View Post
    On another note. Anyone have or know someone who has a house for rent? 2 or 3 br?
    might be one a few doors down from me. it would be a 3 flat at least 2br. Far north in the city though, around elston and central.
    Last edited by seditiondp; 01-27-2011 at 10:19 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

might be one a few doors down from me. it would be a 3 flat at least 2br. Far north in the city though, around elston and central.
    If you don't mind can you PM me the info on it. Phone# and or adress. thanks

Forum Member

What's up guys, long time lurker here. Thanks to everyone on here helping out with any info and especially the guys on who came back to help us in limbo. I just wanted to jump on and confirm "that rumor" about April. I know a top dog family on the job and he told me it's a lock for April. IMPORTANT- although he def said lock as you guys know until we get those letters it don't mean squat. I'm a Feb 10 medical guy too and hope to make it in this one. Although with those previous meds and all the other guys who might make it in we might be sitting out this one. Anyways thanks again to all you guys and put your mind state where your ready to go if the call comes but never bank on it. I've seen it eat some people up.

Forum Member

Oh yeah LET'S GO APRIL!! I feel like I wanna get a chant going or something!!

Forum Member

April april april april

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by truckman111 View Post
    April 1st, 113 candidates will proceed into the academy that are ready to go from prior processing. The woman I spoke with stated they have enough to fill this class for April 1st.

Good luck guys! Wish you the best. Oh and like I said earlier we pri shouldn't blow up HR with phone calls but thats easier said than done!

Hope this helps! It was straight from the horses mouth guys no bs, so if it doesn't workout don't shoot the messenger.
    I wasn't lying fellas! Hope all works out with everyone! Remember this forum after you get out of the academy like those before us have. Try to keep us updated like they have. Oh and good luck, April isn't far away

Forum Member

Got my letter today to report next week!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum Member

for final processing what did it say if you don't mind my asking?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scrum View Post
    Got my letter today to report next week!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Saying what?
    What step are your at?
    Final Proc or med or what?

Thread Information