Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 320 of 554 FirstFirst ... 220270310317318319320321322323330370420 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,400 of 11069
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

  1. #6381
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    142

    Default

    thanks for the info on the emt books guys. Do they make you buy them or do they just lend them to you like in grade school?


  2. #6382
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CHICAGO
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seditiondp View Post
    thanks for the info on the emt books guys. Do they make you buy them or do they just lend them to you like in grade school?
    they give the book and workbook to you. i wouldnt worry too much about trying to get a head start, there is too much to cover. i'd just make sure you are doing alot of running, pushups, squats, stairs, and holding stuff over your head. you need to be physically and mentally ready for the pt. roll call....you pt. somebody screws up...you pt. something goes wrong...you pt. the end of the day...you pt. if you're not a morning person...better change that fast! i wasnt an emt coming in, and the pace wasnt that bad, but i did have to spend one full day (sat or sun) getting a head start on the next weeks material.

  3. #6383
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ILFFPM View Post
    assuages .
    Nice word ILFFPM, you have quit the vocabulary

  4. #6384
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    68

    Default

    *Rumor Alert* Steward told me today, two classes this year. This class coming up, and "entitlement class" only. He said the "entitlement" group has been processed and are ready to go...Hope it's not true..

  5. #6385
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Almost positive that is not true it is still in the courts when i called the appeals court recently they said they can not imagine it would be done any earlier than 6 months to a year this was late december.

  6. #6386
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrum View Post
    *Rumor Alert* Steward told me today, two classes this year. This class coming up, and "entitlement class" only. He said the "entitlement" group has been processed and are ready to go...Hope it's not true..
    Well maybe the 1st part is true but the "entitlement class" being processed is false. The city hasn't even been told what they're required to do let alone compile the list to hold a lotto,etc. I was told by more people on the job that this group was the next class to go in. I was told this is a fact without a doubt. Well the one thing that I know for fact is that no one knows anything for fact when it comes to this department or city. Info that comes from rumors can be good but this lawsuit group rumor is 100% grade A Bull. We'll know when they're going to go in. It will be all over the media, etc. The city will have to pay a lot of money that it doesn't have to the rest of this group once a class goes in. A lot of people see this a justice and it will be in the headlines as such. I also want to point out that according to the original penalty the city was given two years to put 113 in a class and 3 months from the start of that class they have to pay the rest of the group. The timer starts when the court orders the case closed. Case hasn't closed yet, the city hasn't been ordered to do anyhting.

    They're just a bump in the road fellas. Let's focus on the guys that are about to go in.. Them starting a class and moving forward is all that's important right now. One class at a time, we'll all have our day. Stay healthy and fit men.
    Last edited by blue2520; 02-01-2011 at 01:45 PM.

  7. #6387
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ILFFPM View Post
    Almost positive that is not true it is still in the courts when i called the appeals court recently they said they can not imagine it would be done any earlier than 6 months to a year this was late december.
    I hope it's not true...According to him, it's a done deal...I've talked to a couple instructors as well and they said the same...

  8. #6388
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blue2520 View Post
    well maybe the 1st part is true but the "entitlement class" being processed is false. The city hasn't even been told what they're required to do let alone compile the list to hold a lotto,etc. I was told by more people on the job that this group was the next class to go in. I was told this is a fact without a doubt. Well the one thing that i know for fact is that no one knows anything for fact when it comes to this department or city. Info that comes from rumors can be good but this lawsuit group rumor is 100% grade a bull. We'll know when they're going to go in. It will be all over the media, etc.the city will have to pay a lot of money that it doesn't have to the rest of this group once a class goes in. A lot of people see this a justice and it will be in the headlines as such.

    They're just a bump in the road fellas. Let's focus on the guys that are about to go in.. Them starting a class and moving forward is all that's important right now.
    agreed........................ ............

  9. #6389
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Interesting tid bit for people going down on thursday and for the process in general i got called by the department of revenue saying not to fax or email the forms in to them and just bring the completed form down thursday (the Indebtedness form). So I apologized and she said 130 people had turned in forms to her that were not supposed to. So my question is if 130 people turned in forms and im sure there are some that did not as well and the people still waiting, how many people are vying for this supposed upcoming academy??

  10. #6390
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ILFFPM View Post
    Interesting tid bit for people going down on thursday and for the process in general i got called by the department of revenue saying not to fax or email the forms in to them and just bring the completed form down thursday (the Indebtedness form). So I apologized and she said 130 people had turned in forms to her that were not supposed to. So my question is if 130 people turned in forms and im sure there are some that did not as well and the people still waiting, how many people are vying for this supposed upcoming academy??
    ILFFPM, are you saying 130 people faxed or e-mailed the Indebtedness form to the City? I hope not, what a bunch of morons if so...

  11. #6391
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    391

    Default

    supposedly yes that is what she said. in fairness it does say on the bottom of the form to fax or email within 3 business days to the department of revenue. I did to be honest, cause i could just see getting kicked out for not following directions, which i guess we did not as it was. but thats a moot point the fact that there is 130 that supposedly did and whoever else did not and the people waiting means we have way to many people processing and some are not gonna get in. thoughts?

  12. #6392
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ILFFPM View Post
    supposedly yes that is what she said. in fairness it does say on the bottom of the form to fax or email within 3 business days to the department of revenue. I did to be honest, cause i could just see getting kicked out for not following directions, which i guess we did not as it was. but thats a moot point the fact that there is 130 that supposedly did and whoever else did not and the people waiting means we have way to many people processing and some are not gonna get in. thoughts?
    Wow, I hope she was overestimating the number of people who turned it in...Never ceases to amaze me all the things that come up within this process that makes you wonder...Hopefully come Thursday I'll have a better insight on what's going on. So for the one's who've been through the process, after this Indebtedness letter and fingerprinting processing day passes, how long 'til the Final Processing day? I heard 30 days from this point on to start a class, and I heard 30 days from FP to start a class...March 1st, April 1st...? Thoughts, insight appreciated...

  13. #6393
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Bugsy posted earlier that one month approx after final processing followed by approx one month after academy, he posted it i think last page.

  14. #6394
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    68

    Default

    I read some prior posts throughout the thread and MANY candidates said that the Indebtedness paper was for Final Processing.....I read from the 120's into the 140's in the thread count...Also, it's funny to see the candidates that were going through the process then, go through the same waiting game we are going through, and the anxious posts are sooo alike....

  15. #6395
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrum View Post
    *Rumor Alert* Steward told me today, two classes this year. This class coming up, and "entitlement class" only. He said the "entitlement" group has been processed and are ready to go...Hope it's not true..
    If the entitlement class was processed and ready to go, they would be going before anyone else.

  16. #6396
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TRCO2H View Post
    If the entitlement class was processed and ready to go, they would be going before anyone else.
    According to this CFD Steward on the job, that was the plan, they were supposed to start before the class coming up, but ALL the instructors opted out...Now that instructors are in place, they figure to put them in AFTER this upcoming class..But a source tells me that once this initial class has graduated, they are leaving again. Nobody wants to take the job, not even an instructor of they're own race...I know I wouldn't...Take it for what it is...I post what the man tells me; I would want to know if I was in the process, and they were put infront of me...

  17. #6397
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    210

    Default Cool Scrum

    No, you should definitely post what you hear. I just think something like this (an entitlement class starting the Academy, Instructors accepting the Academy detail than giving it up etc.) would be the talk of the Department, not to mention the newspapers. I'll be sure to ask around tomorrow.

  18. #6398
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    66

    Default

    I would think that the city would not want to waste the PATs done in Jan. I gotta believe that it was pretty expensive to process, drug test, and PAT test all of us Jan guys. Also, why would they have sent out a batch of interest cards and then send out another batch immediately after. They have a plan for us and I would bet we get in before the lawsuit guys.

  19. #6399
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    94

    Default

    i like that thought about having a plan for us

  20. #6400
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Daaaabears,

    I like the idea of a plan for us to. I took the PAT in Jan. 2010 as well. The only thing I'm worried about is, based on pervious posts I've read, it seems like this group that just got called up is the 1400-1500 hundreds. And I'm in the very low 2200's. I am optimistic about it, but it just seems so far off. If you don't mind me asking, what number are you around. I just want a gage of the number other guys are at who are at the same stage as me. Thanks

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. World Of Fire Report: 03-19-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2005, 11:02 PM
  2. World Of Fire Report: 03-15-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-18-2005, 08:15 AM
  3. World Of Fire Report: 03-09-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 07:41 PM
  4. World Of Fire Report: 03-29-04
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 10:52 PM
  5. World Of Fire Report: 03-28-04
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 09:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts