Like Tree288Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

teddyball...I think you will be fine..they won"t eliminate someone over that, it is not like you didn't sign at all. I wouldn't worry about it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    Teddyball - deep breath.....relax. I'm sure your fine. One guy in my group did NOT have his medical release signed. Now we all know that was one of the REQUIRED items to bring down. They asked if anyone present did not have it signed and there was one guy that raised his hand....i thought for sure the can was going to be opened on this guy.....it didnt. He was simply told to bring it down next time.
    Yeah. I am freaking myself out. It is what it is. I would just hate for all this time something so stupid knocks me out. Believe me I triple check everything. I honestly didn't see Print until sign out. I was the first one on the list. Of course. Lol or I would have looked at the others.
    Time will tell
    Thanks

Forum Member

Adsfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdf
    Last edited by chigo23; 07-31-2013 at 08:25 PM.

Forum Member

Teddyball

I wouldn't worry about that. As long as your signature is legible you should be fine. I think they are worried about retarded mistakes like cell phone use, not dressing properly, or talking when told not to.

Forum Member

I signed it as well as did many others. I'm not worried about it. They literally told us to sign out before we left. I'm pretty confident if they had a doubt yet would match it with all the other paper work we filled out.

As far as going through this process and never getting called is bound to happen. They sent 900 packets to probably fill 300 spots. I don't think they'll come out with a new test until 2015 even though one of our instructors did mention her son possibly doing the test "next year" after he graduates. But who knows what happen. Some folks will turn down the job, others never received their letters, the CPAT, this sudden drug testing, people living out of town who must be residents before getting in the acadamy, and all the little stuff along the way such as tickets, people lying about living in the city, ect., ect. Could open the door for any of us. Just do what is asked and let the cards fall where they may. As long as you do your part everything else is up to the system regardless of how screwed up it is. Stay positive fellas!!! The process seems to be moving quick and some folks are going to have to make some life changing decisions that may or may not benifit the guys that did not go through FP a few years back.

Forum Member

Does anybody know how Veterans Preference works?

Forum Member

You can get a list of every job you have ever had by going to your local social security office. I was also able to get a list of all the places i have lived by getting a credit report.

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    Yeah it is a lot to remember. I think we have some time to return the information. I know it is not due when we go to orientation. I guess the best way is to look for old bills or maybe online for your old residences. I know some of those sites that you use to find family members show old known addresses. I know I did a search for an aunt that I haven't seen in years.

Forum Member

I never got the feeling that only FP folks will get called and the rest of us are not. I asked Mrs.Hammond yesterday if the womens lawsuit will affect us. She said NO. Also A LOT of people I talked to yesterday have not even started to work out for the cpat. I think FP and the people who started the process have a great shot. FP will go first as they should. Then if they do a second class the 2010 PAT group should be ok if we pass everything.

Forum Member

Couldn't agree more Teddy. One of the guys I took to PAT with was one of the incumbents. Not sure if he was a vet or med crossover but I was surprised to see him as an incumbent. I think the January PAT guys have a great shot at getting in a second and third class if they have them and a few may have a shot at this first class.

Forum Member

I've read this forum many times, first time posting. I hope it works out for all of you; you're fortunate that you are being considered for this job. I took the test, but my number is too high. Luckily I continued testing and have been working in a busy suburb, and I enjoy being there. The city is great, but there are a lot of politics that can eat you up. Both my dad and grandfather retired from CFD,and although they loved this job, the politics can get to you. Whether it be frivolous lawsuits or out-of-state people being hired over life-long city residents, there are a lot of frustrations that have to be dealt with. Keep your head up, everything usually works out eventually.
    Shadez and JMH like this.

Forum Member

It's a competitive job and everyone wants it that is continuing on, so in a way, I wish they were more cutthroat. They speak of paying attention to detail and following directions yet several people didn't bring the medical release forms or a damn ball point pen and got to continue processing. Sorry if any of you on here are those people, but seriously, if you can't bring a pen, you can go home in my opinion.

As for you Teddy, if they throw you out for signing when they let people go on without remembering a pen, I would be furious!
    Shadez likes this.

Forum Member

Pretty much my thought process on the situation. I was saying the same thing in my mind when people said they didn't have pens. Hell I brought 3 just in case one stopped working even though they were brand new pens. lol

Hey Dalsh,

Were you one of the guys that moved up to the front row after coming back from the **** test? For some reason i thought a guy that sat next to the pillar after moving up to the front row was you or someone from these forums. Don't ask why but I did. Hahahaha
    Last edited by Shadez; 05-09-2013 at 11:08 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    Pretty much my thought process on the situation. I was saying the same thing in my mind when people said they didn't have pens. Hell I brought 3 just in case one stopped working even though they were brand new pens. lol

Hey Dalsh,

Were you one of the guys that moved up to the front row after coming back from the **** test? For some reason i thought a guy that sat next to the pillar after moving up to the front row was you. Don't ask why but I did. Hahahaha
    Same here, I also had 3 on me and I also left my cell phone in my car, no need for it in there. Love the guy that got booted for being on it....what a damn fool.

I was actually sitting in the front row the entire time. I was on the side closest to the door we came into the drill hall on in the front row. I was not next to any pillar though, I think that was probably on the opposite side of the room. I did meet one of you out there though, b/c I mentioned my October wedding to a guy and he was like, so you're the guy from Firehouse.

Forum Member

Any of you guys the guy that couldn't **** for an hour standing in the hallway? Stage fright at it's finest! haha

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post

Hey Dalsh,

Were you one of the guys that moved up to the front row after coming back from the **** test? For some reason i thought a guy that sat next to the pillar after moving up to the front row was you or someone from these forums. Don't ask why but I did. Hahahaha
    Yeah I agree. I did print on sign out so they can find my name. I had three pens and all paperwork that was needed.
    I was shocked at how some people were dressed. I mean at least try to look professional.
    I think I will be ok.

Shadez. You said you saw several people sign rather that print? Man I follow directions to a T. I heard sign so I signed.
    I finally got ahold of my old H.S. and I pick up transcripts tomorrow after 12:00 P.M. This is starting to come along nicely.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    Any of you guys the guy that couldn't **** for an hour standing in the hallway? Stage fright at it's finest! haha
    LOL
    I was the guy that asked if we could get our CPAT before we come back next month. Shaved head. She said get it if you can.

Forum Member

Nope it wasn't you then. I was on the same side as you but in the back row against the wall and further down the row opposite of the door we came into the room on. You were probably one of the first guys to take a **** then being in the front. They came back after the first group of guys and asked for 25 more guys to go and half the room got inline. LMAO I just waited with no where to go until the numbers dwindled instead of trying to beat everyone from where I was sitting. I had no shot. lol

Yea I wonder how the guy on the cell phone is feeling. The was a dumb move. And the guy who couldn't **** finally went when I was in line to **** and everyone cheered him on as he left. Hahaha

Forum Member

I finally got ahold of my old H.S. and I pick up transcripts tomorrow after 12:00 P.M. This is starting to come along nicely.
    Teddy were you the guy in classroom A that asked what do you do if your HS is closed and Ms Hammond said you have to go to Chicago Board of Education on 47th? If so, then you were with me in that final classroom before signing out. I'm thinking so, b/c you said you asked about the Women's lawsuit and I know someone asked that as well in that classroom, but you were on opposite side of room from me, so didn't recall same person asked both questions.

I hung around a bit for the **** test too. I was first row but everyone jumped up for the 2nd wave after the people that "really had to go" and I said F it I can wait. I think I went in the 3rd wave of **** tests when they came back after big wave and asked for 20 more.

Forum Member

Teddy were you the guy in classroom A that asked what do you do if your HS is closed and Ms Hammond said you have to go to Chicago Board of Education on 47th? If so, then you were with me in that final classroom before signing out. I'm thinking so, b/c you said you asked about the Women's lawsuit and I know someone asked that as well in that classroom, but you were on opposite side of room from me, so didn't recall same person asked both questions.

I hung around a bit for the **** test too. I was first row but everyone jumped up for the 2nd wave after the people that "really had to go" and I said F it I can wait. I think I went in the 3rd wave of **** tests when they came back after big wave and asked for 20 more.
    I did ask about the women's lawsuit. I also asked what to do if we went to multiple high schools. Mrs.Hammond said just graduating high school. We had the guy from New York in our room right?

Forum Member

One guy was from Cali and I don't remember where the other one said he was from. I was in the very last Room A group as well and sat in the seat right by the door as you entered or exited. (technically there were still 3 other guys in the drill hall waiting)

Forum Member

I did ask about the women's lawsuit. I also asked what to do if we went to multiple high schools. Mrs.Hammond said just graduating high school. We had the guy from New York in our room right?
    Yea, the guy from NY was sitting in front of me. Anyone there yesterday see the dude with sneakers on and a tie that was about 8 inches long?

Forum Member

Yea, the guy from NY was sitting in front of me. Anyone there yesterday see the dude with sneakers on and a tie that was about 8 inches long?
    Yea I commented on the dude in the sneakers a couple post back. That same guy was the second guy who couldn't ****. The two stood together by the water fountain for about 5 minutes before the first guy decided it was time for him to go. lol

There was also a guy in a polo and Khakis.

Forum Member

Shadez, you mentioned that one of the instructors said they sent out 900 packets. Teddy, I could be wrong, but I thought Ms Hammond said 1400 in our classroom.

Was Monday all women, can anyone confirm that? So far we had about 250 people Tues/Wed, but haven't seen anything on Monday.

Forum Member

Shadez, you mentioned that one of the instructors said they sent out 900 packets. Teddy, I could be wrong, but I thought Ms Hammond said 1400 in our classroom.

Was Monday all women, can anyone confirm that? So far we had about 250 people Tues/Wed, but haven't seen anything on Monday.
    The papers reported between 60 and 70 on Monday. All women.
    Yes Mrs. Hammond did say 1400 when asked.

Forum Member

The papers reported between 60 and 70 on Monday. All women.
    Yes Mrs. Hammond did say 1400 when asked.
    Good deal. Hopefully we have someone on this forum for everyday to report the #s, so we can get a better count as to how many are actually processing, b/c i'm not counting the women at this point based on Ms Hammond answering you Teddy that they will not impact us and also based on the fact that Ms Hammond said they have til Dec to complete their CPAT while we all only have til August 1. Those two pieces to me, indicate the women will maybe have their own academy like the minority suit.

Thread Information