Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Mrs. Hammond seems to be the one running the hiring show so I would go with whatever she said over the other lady that was in the drill hall with us.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    Good deal. Hopefully we have someone on this forum for everyday to report the #s, so we can get a better count as to how many are actually processing, b/c i'm not counting the women at this point based on Ms Hammond answering you Teddy that they will not impact us and also based on the fact that Ms Hammond said they have til Dec to complete their CPAT while we all only have til August 1. Those two pieces to me, indicate the women will maybe have their own academy like the minority suit.

I thought I heard September 31st.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    When I was in Room A she told us that it will most likely be pushed back and we'll all get dates we can pick to take the CPAT the next time we get called or a letter to come back. That doesn't change the fact that our date would be prior to the women groups date of Dec.

Forum Member

Gotcha, well don't quote me, I could definitely have misheard, since she was speaking directly to the women with that info and not to the room and I was on the opposite side from the women. Hopefully I'm right, b/c that would mean we could get 2 classes in potentially without impact of that suit, but if it's 9/30, maybe just the October one.

Still seems like a lot to process to get an October class in, especially since they pushed this CPAT back now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    When I was in Room A she told us that it will most likely be pushed back and we'll all get dates we can pick to take the CPAT the next time we get called or a letter to come back. That doesn't change the fact that our date would be prior to the women groups date of Dec.
    I meant I heard the women had until September 30th not December.

Forum Member

double post
    Last edited by ffdino88; 08-30-2013 at 12:22 AM.

Forum Member

Teddy, I heard December like Dalsh.

Dino, she also told us it was based off a spreadsheet but at this point I don't think many cared because they were there. lol She did say we should receive our next letter goor or bad to our corrected addresses. I would still check these forums though and make sure if your current packet went some where else to make sure you let the people at those locations know another packet may arrive and to let you know if it does.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffdino88 View Post
    Close to 90 today. I counted 89, plus two fire department employees and 5 women. So 79 guys, 2 fire, 5 women. When asked if anyone has done background or medical about 30+ guys raised their hands. I would say numbers are dwindling a little as time goes on. Anyways one guy was turned around at the door for his attire. Take it for what it is fellas.

Oh and Miss Hammond stated she has to do this all three more times. So three more days I of ppl I assume. Oh and she also said that when letters went out this go around it was from a spread sheet and not number based, but next time it will be number based on how we are called back in, if I remember correctly anyhow.
    I'm assuming the dude must have been wearing jeans or something. Lower numbers is nice to hear though, so we are at about 340 now for the 3 day total with 3 days to go. Ms. Hammond did mention the spreadsheet yesterday as explanation as to why packets were sent to people's aged addresses despite them changing them. I also found out that I wasn't a moron and they did F up some people's letters by putting an extra CPAT release requirement, which wasn't actually enclosed or required.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    Teddy, I heard December like Dalsh.

Dino, she also told us it was based off a spreadsheet but at this point I don't think many cared because they were there. lol She did say we should receive our next letter goor or bad to our corrected addresses. I would still check these forums though and make sure if your current packet went some where else to make sure you let the people at those locations know another packet may arrive and to let you know if it does.
    Oh Ok. I heard wrong.

So do they notify people if they fail the drug test or just move on. I'm not worried just curious how that works.

Forum Member

Oh Ok. I heard wrong.

So do they notify people if they fail the drug test or just move on. I'm not worried just curious how that works.
    Yes, pretty sure Ms. Hammond said you will be hearing back from us good or bad.

Forum Member

It sounded like regardless if they are going to need us or not that we will be coming back next month for CPAT orientation and turn in background stuff. It'll be interesting to see how they group us. That should give us a good idea where each and everyone of us stand in the numbers game.

Forum Member

Adsfasdfasdfasdfasdf
    Last edited by chigo23; 07-31-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Forum Member

Ms. Hammond gave us the dates of June 6-14, for the next round. They also said to us today, that there are more numbers its first come, first serve. Also one guy left before test, so another one down

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by keefus View Post
    They also said to us today, that there are more numbers its first come, first serve.
    What does that mean?

Forum Member

LOL. Not at all.
    Been clean my whole life. The reason I ask is because my buddy was there yesterday and was a little surprised by the drop test. He said I hope they dont send results to our house.

Forum Member

I also found out that I wasn't a moron and they did F up some people's letters by putting an extra CPAT release requirement, which wasn't actually enclosed or required.
    Was that you who's letter she kept?

Forum Member

Sorry, I dont have edit button on moblie page. She said everyone is starting over, your number doesn't matter. The faster you get everything done the better your chances. They also sort of made a point to say take CPAT on your own so city doesnt have to pay.

Forum Member

Sorry, I dont have edit button on moblie page. She said everyone is starting over, your number doesn't matter. The faster you get everything done the better your chances. They also sort of made a point to say take CPAT on your own so city doesnt have to pay.
    Really? Kind of surprising she said that. Who was that Ms. Hammond?

Forum Member

Really? Kind of surprising she said that. Who was that Ms. Hammond?
    Yes, and the mean hispanic guy.

Forum Member

Gfdfvasdgasdgfasdfasdf
    Last edited by chigo23; 07-31-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Forum Member

When someone asked that same question for us the guy who asked it didn't ask it correctly and they kind of scoffed at him for asking such a question but they did say the first to complete all the proper steps would be the first in the class. They did not say how they would go about picking those people which led me to believe the # system is still in place and their way of avoiding anymore backlash about the process.

Forum Member

When I was waiting to **** the woman instructor was asked it and she said she had no idea how they were selecting any longer, just knew that they would indeed be having academies finally. She also mentioned 15 mile runs. I knew you would run a lot in the academy, but definitely didn't think 15 mile runs. I run 6-7 miles 5 days a week, but 15 still seems crazy to me for the academy.

Forum Member

When I was waiting to **** the woman instructor was asked it and she said she had no idea how they were selecting any longer, just knew that they would indeed be having academies finally. She also mentioned 15 mile runs. I knew you would run a lot in the academy, but definitely didn't think 15 mile runs. I run 6-7 miles 5 days a week, but 15 still seems crazy to me for the academy.
    Yeah she told us not to go overboard in getting ready for academy. She told us start walking. Also did any of guys hear about the guy that ****ed himself in line, or the guy that walked out with his little buddy hanging out? She kept telling us that.

Forum Member

Yeah she told us not to go overboard in getting ready for academy. She told us start walking. Also did any of guys hear about the guy that ****ed himself in line, or the guy that walked out with his little buddy hanging out? She kept telling us that.
    Was he able to squeeze the **** out of his pants for the test? haha

Forum Member

I think they're just trying to scare people into getting the test done themselves so the city doesn't have to fork over $100,000 on guys that may not even make it through.

Thread Information