Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Dsfasdfasdf
    Last edited by chigo23; 07-31-2013 at 08:27 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chigo23 View Post
    You get a chance to explain... what is there to explain either you did drugs or you didn't.
    Actually a buddy of mine got to explain when he joined the last class. His urine sample came back positive but he never took anything his entire life but he was taking some work out supplements that triggered something. He explained to them and brought it in and he got in the last true class to go through off the list.

Forum Member

If there is cannabanoids in there, you can explain all you want. You're pretty much toast. The old days of "I ate some poppy cakes" is gone. The drug tests are more advanced now, and the threshhold has been increased. Cannabanoids = Marijuana PERIOD :-)

Forum Member

Most definitely. There will be some that didn't disclose any medications or supplements they may take. Those will be able to explain before getting the boot. I wasn't referring to the guys that fail because of the common drugs. Those guys shouldn't have even bothered to show up.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    Oh yea, i can see some bad **** going down in this city over a job if they had 300 of us camped out outside the building all day and night.
    That's some funny stuff. Imagine all of us brawling on Clinton Street and the news media there

Forum Member

Lol.. I got a great tent and would be down for camping out..

Forum Member

I don't know what part of town you guys are from but I was thinking along the lines of drive by's and gang related incidents just so their only guy who is trying to get on has a guaranteed spot. Lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nbsmith28 View Post
    Lol.. I got a great tent and would be down for camping out..
    I'm in dude...

Forum Member

I left yesterday feeling more optimist than I have been throughout this process. Here is why. I asked Ms. Hammond in classroom A whether the test for 2014 had been confirmed. She said that they wanted to have one but that it was by no means "confirmed" She went on to say that even if there is a test- that doesn't mean they won't continue pulling from our list. Take what you will from that, but I believe that considering how slow things move for the proccess and what the immediate needs of the dept are, we could be looking at potentially another 4 classes or more. Just my opinion and 2c. Now I'll hang up and listen to what you guys have to say...
    bilyboy likes this.

Forum Member

I mean seriously might have to camp cpat 22 nd and I'm thinking a little more important to me then the job I have.. current job not going to continue to give me the time off..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoblaze View Post
    I left yesterday feeling more optimist than I have been throughout this process. Here is why. I asked Ms. Hammond in classroom A whether the test for 2014 had been confirmed. She said that they wanted to have one but that it was by no means "confirmed" She went on to say that even if there is a test- that doesn't mean they won't continue pulling from our list. Take what you will from that, but I believe that considering how slow things move for the proccess and what the immediate needs of the dept are, we could be looking at potentially another 4 classes or more. Just my opinion and 2c. Now I'll hang up and listen to what you guys have to say...
    I think there's a very good chance of a 3rd or 4th class happening. My uncle who's been on for 20 has been working an extra day or 2 every 10 days. All he keeps telling me is that how short they are and they eventually have to start hiring a good number of people. They were tremendously under manned prior to guys getting promoted. Now that those guys are being promoted they're even more under manned. I also don't see a new test being given until 2015 at the earliest. That will also mark 10 years since we took it. It'll be right on point with their goal of doing a new test every 10 years like they said.
    Last edited by Shadez; 05-10-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Forum Member

went in thursday and was among just a few of people who already had gone through the processing.
    1. someone left without signing out, and you know what happens when you dont sign out.
    2. ms hammond said the same about the cpat, it would be best to take it on your own, but the reason she gave us was that it gives you more options to pass, and you would basically save the CPAT from the city as your "last chance card". That is what i took from it.
    3. it was pretty weird knowing that my number is in the 1400's (last digit of my soc. is 9) and there were people in the 16000's and their last digit was an 8.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bagosoxgo View Post
    3. it was pretty weird knowing that my number is in the 1400's (last digit of my soc. is 9) and there were people in the 16000's and their last digit was an 8.
    That is strange. The guys I spoke to in my group were either 9's or 0's. My SS# ends with 0.

I also came away from my day feeling as if taking the CPAT on my own was only another shot at passing. She also said that we could take the CPAT before or after we took it through CFD and it would still be good as long as you have it by the deadline whenever that is. As of right now I believe it still is August 1st.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by harrynuts View Post
    I was there today. I think what keefus is saying here is true, and you guys are all misinterpreting what they meant by "first come, first serve". Here is the deal:

1. The city don't give a rats *** about your list number

2. If you're a female and you came in on May 6, or any of the dates, but can produce your CPAT card and complete everything before the October academy, you're in. They have first priority, and will still have first priority until the very last academy off this exam

3. If you're a male and came in on May 7 (and so on), then you probably lucked out, because the continuation dates of June 6-14 for next round processing will be mailed out in that order. As long as they sent out all the interest cards, they have covered there *** on the number deal. I know this for a fact because CPD did the same thing and they were able to go all over the place with list numbers.

4. If your dates are later ones (May 9 and up) you're probably SOL (like me).
    I disagree Harry, I was May 9th and they have already been out to my house for a background check in 2009, I only have to produce 6 new items and the new questionaire- which is almost the same as the last one. I will have my CPAT done June 21- So I believe it did not matter what my date was and I should be very close to the end...
    I hope I am right about this- and it will not be fair if somebody who took the PAT in 2010 jumps me. I have been planning my life around this Job since my March 2009 PAT.
    Last edited by pb1847; 05-10-2013 at 11:07 AM.
    Shadez likes this.

Forum Member

Read through everything I missed and this is what ran through my head. First, Teddy, you were just a couple guys in front of me for the **** test, I realize since you said you were the guy that asked the woman instructor about the numbers. Second, I think when we took the test in May 2006, the first academy off that test did not go in until January 2007. I could be wrong on that, but my buddy went in January 07 and I thought he was in the first academy off this list. What I'm getting at is that they could definitely administer a new test and still hire off this list while testing/processing the new test takers. They definitely had at least 1, maybe 2 classes off the 95 list after our 2006 test.

Bagosoxgo, are you saying there were people in the 16,000s in processing with you? If not, what are you saying?

Forum Member

There were people there that it was they're first day of processing ever. Ever. And they're equal to FPers..nice eh?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BODE View Post
    There were people there that it was they're first day of processing ever. Ever. And they're equal to FPers..nice eh?
    Hey Bode,

Were you the guy from Canada in Wednesday's group?

Forum Member

Nope Southsider.

Forum Member

Bagosoxgo, are you saying there were people in the 16,000s in processing with you? If not, what are you saying?

one person said that his number was 16,000, his last social was #8. then someone asked if he was military and he said no. i thinked that shocked alot of people. They asked how many people did final process and it just maybe 10-20 who did. back in 2009, when we went down to clinton on a saturday, we done a hair test.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bagosoxgo View Post

one person said that his number was 16,000, his last social was #8. then someone asked if he was military and he said no. i thinked that shocked alot of people. They asked how many people did final process and it just maybe 10-20 who did. back in 2009, when we went down to clinton on a saturday, we done a hair test.
    I do know someone that was sent a letter and they were in the 16,000's. The reason was an immediate family member was killed in the lineof duty.
    That person did not go to orientation.

Forum Member

That'd be wild if they just invited everyone who has already been processed in the first few days and then the last couple days were just random people from the entire rest of the list. I don't think that's the case, but would be wild, b/c they started with 9, so people with 8 would be at the very end.

Forum Member

Afasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdf
    Last edited by chigo23; 07-31-2013 at 08:22 PM.

Forum Member

I was watching some of the news clips about the law babies. Who are they kidding! Some of them looked so out of shap there is no way they are going to pass the cpat.

Yesterday there were 5 women there, and I predict not one of them will pass. No offense to them, but as Someone who has passed the cpat, I can tell you that
    It's no walk in the park

Forum Member

I was watching some of the news clips about the law babies. Who are they kidding! Some of them looked so out of shap there is no way they are going to pass the cpat.
    Those were my thoughts as well. They seemed to struggle up the 5 steps into the Clinton Building. lol

So do we know of anyone that was in today's group?

Forum Member

Dfadsfasdfasdfasdfasdf
    Last edited by chigo23; 07-31-2013 at 08:24 PM.

Thread Information