Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Really regretting my decision to go the city-sponsored CPAT after hearing about the delays. I wonder if i would catch heat if i went out and got it on my own and presented them my card next month.....even though i requested to go the city-sponsored route. Lesson learned i guess.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=jetguy81;1367629]Really regretting my decision to go the city-sponsored CPAT after hearing about the delays. I wonder if i would catch heat if i went out and got it on my own and presented them my card next month.....even though i requested to go the city-sponsored route. Lesson learned i guess

I dont understand... yesterday ms hammond said it would be best to go on your own, that you will get more chances to pass. the question was asked in our group if we can go on our own and then still sign up for the CPAT, she said yes, that it would be no problem. We just dont show up for our date from the city. We were also told that the CPATS would be pushed back a month, they were not going to be the week of the 20th of may. I went yesterday so I dont know what date you went, but it seems we have contradicting information.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    Really regretting my decision to go the city-sponsored CPAT after hearing about the delays. I wonder if i would catch heat if i went out and got it on my own and presented them my card next month.....even though i requested to go the city-sponsored route. Lesson learned i guess.
    I asked that exact question. I too chose to use the city CPAT program but when I asked Ms.Hammond if we could still get it on our own before we return she said absolutely. Go out and get it.

Forum Member

Yes she did. You can go before and after the city sponsored one if you fail it. As long as its passed by the deadline you're covered.
    Last edited by Shadez; 05-10-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Forum Member

Dfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdf
    Last edited by chigo23; 07-31-2013 at 09:23 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chigo23 View Post
    based on the poats ive read over the past several days it sounds like they are being really flexible withpeople where they wernt in the past. Letting people retake the cpat if they fail, not kicking people out for not dressing proprly, and letting people bring in papers they forgot but were told to bring. I wonder if this means they really need people to fill spots and feel they cant afford to be as strict as they wre in the past or if there just afraid of getting sued again.
    Probably a combination of both. They probably figure the CPAT will eliminate a big group who passed the PAT anyway.

Forum Member

To Blaze- I dont know, I think that tall blond might have a chance. The other four not so much.

To Shadez-I have buddy that went today. So far all he told me, is that he was there with a bunch of morons. I will get details later.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by keefus View Post
    To Shadez-I have buddy that went today. So far all he told me, is that he was there with a bunch of morons. I will get details later.
    Ask him how many in the group.

Forum Member

Originally Posted by chigo23
    based on the poats ive read over the past several days it sounds like they are being really flexible withpeople where they wernt in the past. Letting people retake the cpat if they fail, not kicking people out for not dressing proprly, and letting people bring in papers they forgot but were told to bring. I wonder if this means they really need people to fill spots and feel they cant afford to be as strict as they wre in the past or if there just afraid of getting sued again.
    Probably a combination of both. They probably figure the CPAT will eliminate a big group who passed the PAT anyway.

I dont think they are being flexible, in thursday we were thanked for being in business attire, that they sent one person home who was not dressed in business. i think it depends on who sees you, if the wrong person catches you then you are gone. I dont see that many people failing the CPAT (i dont understand the people who failed the first physical)it just doesnt seem that hard. But we will see. Ms Hammond said that they understood that 2 weeks is not alot of time to do your physical and to complete the questionnaire, that is why they gave the extra time. Also we were told that a class is expected october and then it depends on the mayor on how many classes he wants to sign off on. if he wants 2,3,4 then they all will be 3-4 months apart.

Forum Member

the news said october but we all know that can easily change

Quote Originally Posted by bagosoxgo View Post
    Originally Posted by chigo23

I dont think they are being flexible, in thursday we were thanked for being in business attire, that they sent one person home who was not dressed in business. i think it depends on who sees you, if the wrong person catches you then you are gone. I dont see that many people failing the CPAT (i dont understand the people who failed the first physical)it just doesnt seem that hard. But we will see. Ms Hammond said that they understood that 2 weeks is not alot of time to do your physical and to complete the questionnaire, that is why they gave the extra time. Also we were told that a class is expected october and then it depends on the mayor on how many classes he wants to sign off on. if he wants 2,3,4 then they all will be 3-4 months apart.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    Ask him how many in the group.
    Of course, not intereted in gossip from day

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bagosoxgo View Post
    She did mention to us that we were expected to dress accordingly anytime we are asked back to the building because if someone higher up should be in the building they would have to explain to them why they let a person in that wasn't dressed properly. So it is very possible someone higher up was in the building on Thursday.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by keefus View Post
    Of course, not intereted in gossip from day
    well of course but I think most of us got an idea of what is going on. How many people were asked back this go around is still the unanswered question. So getting an idea of the number of people in the group each day would be nice so we can piece it all together.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoblaze View Post
    Yesterday there were 5 women there, and I predict not one of them will pass. No offense to them, but as Someone who has passed the cpat, I can tell you that
    It's no walk in the park
    What did the women look like, where they overweight, or too skinny or what? Where they all from the lawsuit?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnpatrick1980 View Post
    What did the women look like, where they overweight, or too skinny or what? Where they all from the lawsuit?
    A few were overweight but none looked to be in great shape. For a female to pass they must be in superb shape. Surprisingly, none were from the suit

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoblaze View Post
    A few were overweight but none looked to be in great shape. For a female to pass they must be in superb shape. Surprisingly, none were from the suit
    There was one from the suit

Forum Member

One looked to be in decent shape, one was too small, and two were too big. The fifth was lawsuit so she doesn't matter, won't pass

Forum Member

just talked to my buddy, he was there today. I told him to count last night, and he said he counted exactly 88 people that were there today with him. he also said that they told the people today that there is not difference between the people who went earlier in the week, or them today. Everyone is starting over and on a level playing field. She said that there will be times in the process where we need to turn in documents or go to our personal doctors for waivers and stuff if things come up in the medical screening, and that sooner we turn in paperwork the sooner they will get these classes filled. He said someone asked if it mattered that this was his first step and others went all the way up to final processing. My buddy said that she sad, " once again listen, everyone is starting fresh and everyone has the same chance for an academy spot regardless of number."

And I trust my buddy, but did anyone else know anyone who went today that heard her say the same thing???

Forum Member

I heard the same thing yesterday.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    well of course but I think most of us got an idea of what is going on. How many people were asked back this go around is still the unanswered question. So getting an idea of the number of people in the group each day would be nice so we can piece it all together.
    My buddy said 80-90 people today. He also confirmed the "first come,first serve" statement. This is his first contact with CFD after the written.

Forum Member

This process is so mickey mouse garbage..can't even begin to say how disgusted i am with everything. The dept is great, but full of unqualified rejects and whoever is in charge of the process must of fell and bumped their head one too many time. Jus saying..

Forum Member

As much as I want to get on CFD, I still think the FP guys got the shortest end of the stick here. Some really scandalist stuff going on right now

Forum Member

I agree...for those that were FP and suppose to start when the Aug 17, 2009 class went to the Quinn should realistically be next up....but this is Chicago and by now we all know how they can pull a complete 180 out of left field anytime they want...seems to me like it is going to be a rat race to the finish line...it is all up in the air and fair gain for anyone!!!

It would suck if some of those FP don't get in the first or either class...especially after being so close.

Well boys good luck to all....it seems as though our numbers and past processing don't mean s**t and at this point it is all an even race for this job!!!

Forum Member

The process is not first come first served. Whoever believes that either misunderstood or is going to be failing the **** test for smoking something.

The process is in a certain, orderly fashion. It has to be....or the city would have yet more class action drama on their hands.

Forum Member

jetguy81...couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic or not....I chuckled a little when you said "this process is in a certain orderly fashion."

I just find it hard to believe that so many people are "mis-hearing" or "mis-understanding"

I mean I hope you are right, but than I wonder if we are just all hoping and wishful thinking that our number means something at this point, because that is what we want. I just don't want to be one of those people who only hear what I want to hear, just to be let down in the end...that has happened too much in this whole process

Thread Information