Like Tree285Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

At this point nothing would surprise me if it is first come first serve. To date the Wednesday group has been the largest. I believe there was a reason behind it. Why not just break it down evenly each day? Or even make every day with fewer people and extend it to Friday next week instead of only up to Tuesday. There will be some order to it. Seems to me they're keeping us on our toes once again by telling us all very vague answers to specific questions. I personally feel they are avoiding to say publicly how people are chosen so there isn't any lawsuit trouble in the future.

Looks like we'll all have to play the waiting game and see if we get called back in with the same order we were called in this week. Only time will tell.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    At this point nothing would surprise me if it is first come first serve. To date the Wednesday group has been the largest. I believe there was a reason behind it. Why not just break it down evenly each day? Or even make every day with fewer people and extend it to Friday next week instead of only up to Tuesday. There will be some order to it. Seems to me they're keeping us on our toes once again by telling us all very vague answers to specific questions. I personally feel they are avoiding to say publicly how people are chosen so there isn't any lawsuit trouble in the future.

Looks like we'll all have to play the waiting game and see if we get called back in with the same order we were called in this week. Only time will tell.
    If it was first come first serve, they wouldn't be calling us back in to collect background, letters, bills, transcripts, ect... They would just say have at it, we'll call you for your physical. There has to be order, especially from the 3rd largest dept in the nation.

Forum Member

Why not just break it down evenly each day? Or even make every day with fewer people and extend it to Friday next week instead of only up to Tuesday.
    Actually, they probably sent an equal amount of packets for each day. The response rate just happened to be larger on certain days.

Forum Member

If this process was first come, first served, we would not be assigned dates to bring back our completed background, bills, etc

I believe the order in which we process the rest of the way, is reflective of the order in which we were called down for preliminary processing.

As far as processing via numbers from written....thats now null and void. Its all by your last 4 of your social.....atleast that's what i was told by my source.

Right now, everyone should be scrambling to get backgrounds done, setting/PASSING their CPAT, and chasing those documents we need.

Forum Member

Hope that's true Jet..they left off at 79..so they have 89 and 99 then 0's..sound right? Guy on my block was a 79 and he was in last class..im a 79 as well..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BODE View Post
    Hope that's true Jet..they left off at 79..so they have 89 and 99 then 0's..sound right? Guy on my block was a 79 and he was in last class..im a 79 as well..
    Bode - if you dont mind me asking, what day/date did you go down for preliminary processing? I was Tuesday the 7th

Side note - one time CPAT challenge scheduled for 6/4 at SUFD

Forum Member

I went the 8th..so im not sure how accurate days coincide with last digits..there were guys there that have never been processed. It does make sense to go by ssn's rather than random assigned numbers..how else would they fill classes if everybody turns in info at the same time? I already passed CPAT and they have my card copies so i have to be ahead in the game. But as i said before, nothing would surprise me when it comes to this process.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    Bode - if you dont mind me asking, what day/date did you go down for preliminary processing? I was Tuesday the 7th

Side note - one time CPAT challenge scheduled for 6/4 at SUFD
    Scheduled for 10:00 A.M. I did this last week as a precaution. Glad I did.
    See ya there!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    See ya there!
    Nice - see ya down there as well - seemed to be a pretty large number of guys on the 7th that never heard of the CPAT......im taking that as promising

MembersZone Subscriber

Well if there was a dude there who was in the 16,000's I'm going to have to call Bull S**T on that! My number ends in 5 and as I can't recall my official number I know I'm in the 10,000 range. Also do we know if 1400 is the final official number of letters to have gone out?

Thanks

Forum Member

Did you guys just call SUFD to get a date or did you have to fill out the paper work to take the CPAT?

Forum Member

Did you guys just call SUFD to get a date or did you have to fill out the paper work to take the CPAT?

On the front page there is a section for the CPAT challenge. You have to email them saying you are intrested in taking the challengo on 06/04. They will email you back letting you know if they have times available.

MembersZone Subscriber

Also aside from the one guy saying he heard that a person has a number in the 16,000's. what numbers roughly are you guys who received letters?.

Forum Member

I signed up for cpat on the 22nd of may

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    See ya there!
    Im scheduled for the 10:15 slot .....guess that means i'll be going right after you?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    Im scheduled for the 10:15 slot .....guess that means i'll be going right after you?

Thats what it sounds like. I'll try not to set the standard too high.

LOL

Forum Member

edfaDSFASDFASDF
    Last edited by chigo23; 07-31-2013 at 08:21 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nbsmith28 View Post
    I signed up for cpat on the 22nd of may
    Same here. Got the 9am slot on the 22nd

MembersZone Subscriber

I know this is my first post but I have been watching and following this thread for years. I work in the suburbs with a CFD instructor. He just informed me that the October class will be all the women from the lawsuit and crossovers thats it. The second class will be from the active list. He also told me that the city will be requiring the cpat card to even take the next exam in January or February. He said you will have to have the card in hand to even apply. So that will cut the field of applicants at least by I half I hope. Take it for what its worth. Im not saying its carved in stone but he is a very reliable source.

Forum Member

what do you mean you work with a cfd instructor in the burbs?

Quote Originally Posted by fireadam23 View Post
    I know this is my first post but I have been watching and following this thread for years. I work in the suburbs with a CFD instructor. He just informed me that the October class will be all the women from the lawsuit and crossovers thats it. The second class will be from the active list. He also told me that the city will be requiring the cpat card to even take the next exam in January or February. He said you will have to have the card in hand to even apply. So that will cut the field of applicants at least by I half I hope. Take it for what its worth. Im not saying its carved in stone but he is a very reliable source.

MembersZone Subscriber

I mean I work with a guy at my job in the suburbs. If you didnt know, there are city guys that work at part time fire departments in the suburbs on their days off.

Forum Member

The women have till December to pass the CPAT, so they will most likely fill a second class.

Like Jetguy, I'm still convinced that if you came to the 7th orientation, you are in front of the line.

Good luck on the CPAT guys

Forum Member

bgkjhklhklhkljhkljhl
    Last edited by chigo23; 07-31-2013 at 08:20 PM.

Forum Member

Same here. Got the 9am slot on the 22nd
    That's great. Best of luck I'm actually nervous.. lol don't know why.

Forum Member

I think it is all speculation. Everyone heard something different at their orienetation.

I asked if the womens lawsuit class was going to impact us and was told no. Now that doesnt mean that is true. I think there is a lot unknown. I'm thinking that the women's lawsuit group have to pass the CPAT regardless. This is no easy feat. If they pass they will get hired pending background checks etc etc. This could be first class or second class.

Oh well. Good luck to all. I think we need to prove ourselves yet again and hope this time we get hired. If not, we did what we could. I am just happy to at least have a chance.

I am going to take a break from this site. Makes my head spin with all the speculation. One minute I think I have a chance. The next minute i think there is no way in hell.

I'll check back in a few weeks.

Thread Information