Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 333 of 554 FirstFirst ... 233283323330331332333334335336343383433 ... LastLast
Results 6,641 to 6,660 of 11069
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tone17 View Post
    I would gladly accept placement in any firehouse in this city of course, but I was just curious about how they choose where to put U. Are u just Assigned at random to the next house that needs someone ? or do they at least try to keep the South Siders on the south side and the North siders up North ? also if they do assign u somewhere far from your house, how hard is it to try to transfer to a firehouse closer to your home ?
    a looong time ago hahaha, The BI told me they try to get you closer to home if possible. But he also said there are no guarantees and you mainly just go where you are needed. I'm just passing on what he said and feel free to correct me if anyone else knows any better.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by seditiondp View Post
    a looong time ago hahaha, The BI told me they try to get you closer to home if possible. But he also said there are no guarantees and you mainly just go where you are needed. I'm just passing on what he said and feel free to correct me if anyone else knows any better.
    You will probably be assigned somewhere not too far from where you live. Of course it all depends on what is available after all the phone calls have been made, if you know what i mean.

Forum Member

Well I assume all the test and information has been processed by now. Anyone hear anything or get a call from them for problems? Not that I want anyone to have a problem I'm just curious and thinking since I haven't gotten a call that all my information was to their liking.

Forum Member

Well I assume all the test and information has been processed by now. Anyone hear anything or get a call from them for problems? Not that I want anyone to have a problem I'm just curious and thinking since I haven't gotten a call that all my information was to their liking.
    I was thinking the same thing. It may not have been long enough yet, but I think they'll just compare our old packets with the new packets and if everything is the same, then it's all good. If there is some new info on the recently submitted packet, then they'll do some more digging.

Forum Member

so no one heard anything yet?

Forum Member

I hate following the rumor mill here, but now I have something. My uncle was talking to a guy on the job, and he told him two classes this year one in April which we know. The next in August, but didn't say who, Jan '10 PATs or the other guys.

Forum Member

New member to this site but have been reading posts for about 8 months. Plenty of good info on here as well. Glad to see that things are starting to move again and wanted to congratulate all those who are moving to the next step.

Forum Member

Is it just me or does no one know how to read previous post???

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by keefus View Post
    I hate following the rumor mill here, but now I have something. My uncle was talking to a guy on the job, and he told him two classes this year one in April which we know. The next in August, but didn't say who, Jan '10 PATs or the other guys.
    hopefully you guys get in next!

Forum Member

hopefully you guys get in next!
    Don't see the lawsuit guys getting processed that soon. Still a lot of hurdles for them to leap.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4leafclover View Post
    Don't see the lawsuit guys getting processed that soon. Still a lot of hurdles for them to leap.
    I agree. Well said.

Forum Member

Do you guys think when the Jan 10 guys are called up, that will include the april 10 Pat's as well? I just assumed they'd lump both into the same grouping since there were only 200 called for the april pat. Or, maybe it just depends on department demands. There may be separate academies for the Jan 10 group for all I know.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoblaze View Post
    Do you guys think when the Jan 10 guys are called up, that will include the april 10 Pat's as well? I just assumed they'd lump both into the same grouping since there were only 200 called for the april pat. Or, maybe it just depends on department demands. There may be separate academies for the Jan 10 group for all I know.
    200 called for the April PAT? A 100 would be a closer number with only 90 something showing up. The day we were there I was sitting at the front table and saw the totals. The PAT was only one day, split into 3 groups. My post is in this thread back in area of April 2010. I'll try to find it later and get the exact number. I'm very confident on this one.

My feeling is that the April guys are an extention of the Jan group. They came up short. I've said all along that there are less people in the process then we think. The numbers tend to get pumped up on here. Not that anyone's to blame, we're just in the dark when it comes to solid numbers and we get a bit ahead of ourselves.
    Last edited by blue2520; 02-16-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by blue2520 View Post
    I saw the roster at the head table in the room where they played the video. It was three papers and it said "74 total for Thursday".. They had three groups 8am, 9am and 11am. There were no more then 25 of us there at 8am. I think we had 22 for that time slot according to the roster..

All they needed before you left was the yellow copy. Like Ms. Ghant said, you don't turn it in you weren't there. They had medics there for the PAT yesterday. I heard Ms. Muse say that "todays group is nothing like yesterday (refering to size)".

I feel good about today. Was nice to be there.
    Here is my post from after the April PAT. Again, I'm very confident about the numbers I saw that day.
    Last edited by blue2520; 02-16-2011 at 11:09 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoblaze View Post
    I believe they will process us all together. I dont think the that Jan 10 pat's had enough guys thats why they reached back into the pool. I think there are less then 200 waiting for BI,Medicals,hair. Our time is gonna come and if everything repeats from the past it will be this year. That notice from the commish that was floating in the firehouses gives me a lot of positive reinforcement. It seems that when the commish(either fire or police) request classes they get them. Just my opinion Good luck to all
    Last edited by blaze41; 02-16-2011 at 11:24 AM.

Forum Member

and to piggy back off blue there cant be anymore people leftover from the guys who did Bi,medicals, etc in 2009. If so they're just a couple i mean just a couple.
    Last edited by blaze41; 02-16-2011 at 11:22 AM.

Forum Member

I agree that they may just consider the Jan 10 and April 10 groups one group going forward, especially if those #s are accurate in that there were only 74 people taking the PAT in April. 74 is a small # and then obviously not all passed the PAT.

The January group however was the result of 700 interest cards sent and although they may not have got the results that they wanted and that is why they sent an add'l 200 cards, I still feel like they probably have a decent size pool of people, meaning all the Jan/Apr 2010 guys will not fit in one class.

I would be pretty surprised if they only have enough PAT passers for one academy from the 900 interest cards sent. I would assume they had at least 2-300 in the pool.

Forum Member

I 'm with you guys. I think 80-90 is a reasonable estimate. I was merely stating that 200 were sent cards for the last group (from 2300-2500 I think) Of how many showed, I guess it's anyone's guess, and hopefully your numbers are right blue. God, that would be awesome to get in an acaademy class this year, and I'd even be happy for early next year.

Forum Member

Guy on job still says entitlement class after April...I really hope not. I asked him about the people in the process and he said the City thought there was going to be an influx of retirees after the contract was finished, but made a stipulation of X amount of people retiring at one time(November 2011) up to 150 only...Also he said only 1,500 FF-EMT are to be hired, including the lawsuit class who will only be FF's. All I can say is everybody don't hold your breath, it could be this year, or 5 years from now...the City works in mysterious ways...Again, I hope its not true for the sake of people in the process...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scrum View Post
    Also he said only 1,500 FF-EMT are to be hired, including the lawsuit class who will only be FF's. All I can say is everybody don't hold your breath, it could be this year, or 5 years from now...the City works in mysterious ways...Again, I hope its not true for the sake of people in the process...
    My honest believe is the lawsuit guys wont be hired until next year. The city had a lot explaining to do for not budgeting the back pay for current ff new contract in this years budget. Can you imagine the backlash what will happen if they have to explain $150 million dollars the city has to come up with for these lawsuit suit guys, because thats the amount the judge previously awarded that case. Second of all the case is still in appeals due to the city still fighting. Its not going to be easy finding these guys with no criminal record, can pass drug test, and pat. in a 6 month time period that wont happen. I think they will process us, hire us, and then deal with the lawsuit mess next year. Might be wishful thinking but just my honest believe.

Thread Information