Like Tree288Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nbsmith28 View Post
    That's great. Best of luck I'm actually nervous.. lol don't know why.
    Thanks! Same to you. I'm not nervous at all. I'll probably save that for when they put the 50 lbs vest on me and I either freak out that its heavier then the one I have or it's lighter. Lol. My main concern is the stairs. Once I get passed that I'm not worried about the other parts just beating that time.

I agree with you all that have said who knows what will happen. Way too many rumors going on. I'm just going to get what I need done and take it from there. That's all we really have control over until we get further along in the process and get a better understanding of where we all stand.

Forum Member

I went in on the 9th, there were prob around 80-90 people there. 5 women, only 1 from lawsuit, maybe 1 of them looked fit enough to pass CPAT. i think about 30 people raised their hand when we were asked who had gotten up to FP from a few years ago. I, Myself took the PAT in Jan '10 and was in line waiting to do my drug test talking to a guy who's # was in the 2400's and he had never done the PAT at all & this was the first he had heard from them since testing in 2006. So clearly they did not put us together in any sort of groups for the orientation. also when i talked to Ms. Hammond to get my packet since they mailed it to the wrong house she said they mailed interest cards for people with #'s up to 2800. i also asked her in classroom A (2nd group if any of you were in there with me) about my concern of our letters going to the proper address next month since they still had my address wrong at orientation & she told us that the next letters will be sent out from a different spreadsheet than they used for this first round, so it should be up to date. Still, ill be relying more on you guys to keep tabs on the process. i just want to say Thanks to all you guys for all the info, if i didn't know about this site i probably would have missed my opportunity all together. Good Luck to Everyone, i hope we all get our chance to prove ourselves more worthy of this job than anyone who ever had to file a lawsuit to get it.

Forum Member

Shadez I'm only nervous because I have time to think about it. Ready to jump in.

Forum Member

hkljshdljASDLKjaslkjlfsK

Quote Originally Posted by Roche17 View Post
    I went in on the 9th, there were prob around 80-90 people there. 5 women, only 1 from lawsuit, maybe 1 of them looked fit enough to pass CPAT. i think about 30 people raised their hand when we were asked who had gotten up to FP from a few years ago. I, Myself took the PAT in Jan '10 and was in line waiting to do my drug test talking to a guy who's # was in the 2400's and he had never done the PAT at all & this was the first he had heard from them since testing in 2006. So clearly they did not put us together in any sort of groups for the orientation. also when i talked to Ms. Hammond to get my packet since they mailed it to the wrong house she said they mailed interest cards for people with #'s up to 2800. i also asked her in classroom A (2nd group if any of you were in there with me) about my concern of our letters going to the proper address next month since they still had my address wrong at orientation & she told us that the next letters will be sent out from a different spreadsheet than they used for this first round, so it should be up to date. Still, ill be relying more on you guys to keep tabs on the process. i just want to say Thanks to all you guys for all the info, if i didn't know about this site i probably would have missed my opportunity all together. Good Luck to Everyone, i hope we all get our chance to prove ourselves more worthy of this job than anyone who ever had to file a lawsuit to get it.
    Last edited by chigo23; 06-13-2013 at 04:14 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nbsmith28 View Post
    Shadez I'm only nervous because I have time to think about it. Ready to jump in.
    Hahaha! That's how I felt. I must have given my wife about 5 high gives and 2 bear hugs after I confirmed the date. She was like..."geez, your pumped". Lmao

Forum Member

If you guys been slacking on the cardio, but still feel pretty strong, just go do about 5-10 minutes on the stairmill on level 4 (no weight needed) and lots of wind sprints on the treadmill. It's the "getting winded out" that slows most people down. Your legs will feel better after you pull the hose.

Forum Member

No slacking here. Been hitting it hard. Weights on stair mill run 4 miles 4 times a week. I even put my 5 year old on my sholders when we go out shopping. She's getting mad cause she wants to walk.

Forum Member

fkjalkdjflakjdflkajdfladjflkadsjfkaldsjflakjdf
    Last edited by chigo23; 05-12-2013 at 02:41 PM.

Forum Member

Harrynuts how come it says you were born in 1990 on your profile?

Forum Member

You a cop, or something? :-)

I don't use real data in my online profiles.

Forum Member

why not just leave it blank then?

Quote Originally Posted by harrynuts View Post
    You a cop, or something? :-)

I don't use real data in my online profiles.

Forum Member

You're creeping me out buddy. Are you stalking my house too?

Forum Member

sgtfagfasdfasdfasdf
    Last edited by chigo23; 07-31-2013 at 08:21 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chigo23 View Post
    No no littleballs, just trying to figure out how much stock i should put in your posts since if you were born in 1990 that means its impossible for you to have gotten any letter because you would have been to young to have taken the test by 3 years.
    Well since you're into researching people, just look a little further, considering Harry has been posting on this site since basically #s were assigned to all of us after taking the written exam and he's been a regular poster, not some kid who has been on this site since he was 16, just messing with everyone.

Regarding this site being full of a lot of speculation and also people on the job not even knowing what is going on is 100% accurate. Hell, the commissioner himself could even give you bad information, b/c he could think an academy is in October and then all it takes is one hiccup from the mayor's office, litigation, delay in processing to throw a wrench in it all. So as it has all been said many times, keep the rumors coming, but take everything you hear on this site with a grain of salt, b/c nobody and I mean nobody is "well informed"

I'm curious to know how they pulled some people from 10,000+ for this portion of the processing though. Clearly, they didn't just send packets out to everyone, so are these people with high #s people with fathers on the job or something? Anyone on here with those #s, are you connected?

As for the lawsuit women. There was what 138 people as part of the settlement and like 80 or so eligible to pursue to the job, I think that's what I have been hearing. So I would be shocked if 50% pass, considering that's a high rate for women in general on the CPAT and then you account for the fact that they already failed the PAT. With all the being said, I don't see them putting in a solely women's academy of 40 makes any sense at all, so I think all this speculation of the women going in first just lacks logic considering they are given until December to do their CPAT and the first academy is supposed to be Oct/Nov. If anything, I would see them just mixing in the ones that get done the CPAT ahead of time in maybe, but again, I can't see an academy of all women, b/c they could easily have a 25% rate and thus 20 total women to receive job offers.

Forum Member

Agreed with both of your posts chigo, now to drop another bomb. The 38 year old crossover limit was turned down, guess what's coming, you guessed it, another Class Action Lawsuit. And I think they should, by all means. If anyone is getting it shoved in their asses, it's the cross over guys. So, I'm not sure how that's going to slow the process.

Also, be careful what you guys post, you just never know who's eyes are checking this sight out. Just don't overthink anything during this entire process. Follow directions, if you have a question, go to the source.

And one last thing, you guys knocking the gals about how overweight and out of shape they are. You just never know, quite a few of the gals are already on the job as Medics. They hump up 4 - 6 story walk ups, turning 20-30 runs a shift on that ambulance, which takes strength and endurance. Don't underestimate, looks can be deceiving.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fireparamedic View Post
    Agreed with both of your posts chigo, now to drop another bomb. The 38 year old crossover limit was turned down, guess what's coming, you guessed it, another Class Action Lawsuit. And I think they should, by all means. If anyone is getting it shoved in their asses, it's the cross over guys. So, I'm not sure how that's going to slow the process.
    I'm not saying they aren't getting screwed, but what grounds do they have to sue?

Forum Member

Cool

"I'm curious to know how they pulled some people from 10,000+ for this portion of the processing though. Clearly, they didn't just send packets out to everyone, so are these people with high #s people with fathers on the job or something? Anyone on here with those #s, are you connected?"

Dalsh,

You bring up an interesting question. I checked with my source and he was not sure how the packets were handed out. He said it is possible that someone with a high number could have received a letter. As far as the next recruit class he said October is the month for the first class.

I just know I didn't get one and I'm in the 5k range. .

He had thought for sure it was crossovers, however with the age cutoff not apporved who knows now. The list for people over 38 is pretty long. Which doesn't mean that eligible crossovers won't go ahead of anyone else.

Also I would assume the union would fight for those medics who qualify yet are older than 38. So IMO I wouldn't think the process would not be held up, you would just see the older promotional people get in on a later class.

Also wishful thinking here: but maybe for those us us who didn't get our letters yet, maybe will do another surge of packets for future classes before they hold another test. Who knows.

But again good luck to those going through the process. I will keep probing for information and share anything I have with you all.
    Last edited by jrog; 05-13-2013 at 12:31 PM.
    ffdino88 likes this.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=harrynuts;1367819]The women have till December to pass the CPAT, so they will most likely fill a second class.

Like Jetguy, I'm still convinced that if you came to the 7th orientation, you are in front of the line.

Once again, I have heard from good authority that FP guys will be first in line to start in October as long as they pass everything. As for the rumor of the women going in in October- that guy is 100% wrong. The women from the lawsuite have until Dec 31st to finish their CPAT- so they will be in a class after the one that goes in October.

Forum Member

LOLin!!!!!.

Here is the guy who wore tennis shoes:

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl...othes/13601744

Terrible!!!!!!.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well now everyone who got notification they are not to continue with this process because they couldn't follow directions will stomp the feet and cry fowl!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    I'm not saying they aren't getting screwed, but what grounds do they have to sue?
    Ok, simple. They are already on the job, in the pension, and bust their balls for 24 hours. Which part of that says that they are not qualified to do the job? They certainly can't claim that they can't cross for medical reasons, because as I said, for 24 hours, the medics are humping, sure, they get assist companies, but not on everything. Especially if you have a dispatcher that's a fire fan. If the city does state that the medics, over the age of 38 can't do the job for physical reasons, then I can see a mass lay up of medics, because let's face it, you are not running 20 structure fires in a 24 hour shift, you still get some down time. I've done both, Fire and Ambulance and even though you are busting your hump at a fire, it's still nothing like having your *** handed to you running non stop on that box.

Another reason, by telling these guys that they can not cross, the FS&R is telling them that they are holding them back from a promotional opportunity, which is discrimination. A smart Attorney would use the FDNY as an example. Their cut off age is 29. However, if you are a single roll medic, on FDNY, you can take the promotional exam to FS&R.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MIDWESTRECRUIT View Post
    Well now everyone who got notification they are not to continue with this process because they couldn't follow directions will stomp the feet and cry fowl!
    As long as the city can provide proof on why they could not continue, they can stomp and cry all they want. But that's been the problem to begin with, the city has been shooting themselves in the feet all along because of a lack of quality control.

Forum Member

so the city decided recently against letting medics that are over the age of 38 cross to the fire side?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jrog View Post
    LOLin!!!!!.

Here is the guy who wore tennis shoes:

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl...othes/13601744

Terrible!!!!!!.
    Guy in my group had tennis shoes on and didn't get sent home, the consistency is amazing!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2002 View Post
    so the city decided recently against letting medics that are over the age of 38 cross to the fire side?
    That's correct. That decision was handed down last week, after passing through the city's legal department and meeting the approval of the Aldermen. Hell, the Aldermen couldn't figure out why it wasn't done to begin with, but somewhere, someone made a phone call and boom, shoved it in the medics asses. So, the list is being built for a Class Action Lawsuit to correct this issue. That I can promise is not speculation. The reason why it was turned down should be released at the union meeting this week.

Thread Information