Like Tree289Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    Well they are going to have to get hair from my armpits. Lol. I am bald as a cucumber.

I heard from my buddy who was there that we are down to 750 out of 1400 already.
    I am sure the number is even lower because when I was there on the last day they told my class room 744 came in total. After the pee test I am sure we lost a small amount. The odds are getting very good for us if we get thur all the steps.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    I have a feeling/hunch the order is in how you were called for preliminary - saw almost all the same faces today at preliminary processing day one. Think it has to do with ss#.

Alot of things to do - ****, hair, photographed, fingerprinted, turned in background info, signing up for cpat.

Hold on to your hats....think this is going to move quick - oct/nov first academy.
    The last digits of my ss is #9 and i was the last to second class last month. I go back on tuesday. Im still confused with the guy who said his last digit was #8. IDK ... hopefully having my CPAT done already moves me up...

Forum Member

How many came with cpat in hand today do you know?? I go Monday and the last of ssn is 9. Was final process as well.

Forum Member

Seemed VERY FEW had cpat done - out of my group (approx 40) myself and maybe three other guys had CPAT done.

Forum Member

Alot of things to do - ****, hair, photographed, fingerprinted, turned in background info, signing up for cpat.
    What did the dates look like to signup for the CPAT?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    What did the dates look like to signup for the CPAT?
    Next sunday 6/16 and tues 6/18 for orientations. BUT i dont know if those dates will be the same for everyone else....

Forum Member

adfasdfasdfasdfasdf
    Last edited by chigo23; 07-31-2013 at 08:03 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chigo23 View Post
    Jetguy- Did they give any indication as to when we will be hearing from them again regarding next steps?
    Not directly - CFD is very eager to hire, oct/nov academy, so putting two and two together........shouldnt be long.

You all will see and get a feel when you report down next week. Just follow orders, bring what they ask you to bring, and enjoy the ride.

Forum Member

How long were you there for? Was the drug test process more orderly than last time?

Forum Member

Veterans of the CFD hiring process.

Forum Member

Wow hair and prints and pics. Chalk one up for me for actually gettingbit right. Lol

Forum Member

Guys, I looked back in the thread for an answer but coudnt find it. If there is a question in the packet that we absolutely cannot find the answer to, what did you write in the space? N/A doesn't seem appropriate

Forum Member

Djkflasdjfladjf;lajdf;lajdflkjadfs
    Last edited by chigo23; 07-09-2013 at 01:39 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chigo23 View Post
    That happened to me. I just put "unknown" and made a note of it. It was explained to me to do it this way by a retired fire chief of one of the suburbs.
    Yeah, that's what I was leaning towards. Thanks

Forum Member

Seemed VERY FEW had cpat done - out of my group (approx 40) myself and maybe three other guys had CPAT done.
    When you say 40 were in your group, do you mean the whole day? If that is true and we make 40 an average, and there are what, 7 days of processing?- that's only give or take 280. I'm sure it's higher than that, but my point is I think we should keep a tally on how many total show up through this next round. I'm very curious how many failed the **** test, or just simply decided to bail for whatever reason. More the merrier

Forum Member

They split the whole group into 4 groups of about 30. I heard that 120 were scheduled for the day and 15 didn't show up.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey guys,

Congrats again on getting to this point. From reading through the thread looks the majority here will be golden. If the CFD does do two large academies like some have said here and they processed 1400 ppl for this process to get down to approx 300 for one acedemy class. Those numbers look pretty good for those still on the list if they choose to do this same thing for the next class before they do another test.

Just out of curiousity I see some new faces here, what was your approx original list number. I am in the 10K range but I have a cousin who is currently deployed in the 5K range and he didn't receive a letter this go around.

So I just wanted to know if they chose by random and also used the list from folks in previous phases of the last process, or gave letters to just those who were waiting for FP and whom have completed the FP and were waiting for the acedemy?

Also any truth to someone being in this part of the process in the 16,000 original list number range?

Thanks
    MWR
    Last edited by MIDWESTRECRUIT; 06-10-2013 at 09:00 AM.

Forum Member

Good luck to everyone going down to processing this week.

Forum Member

Just got back from processing today and here is what I now know. The rumors regarding them no longer going by numbers are 100% true. Ms. Hammond said the numbers got us to this point, but now they're just processing people. Assuming no set backs, Ms. Hammond said 1st academy of about 150 people in November and then 2nd academy of about 150 in 1st quarter of 2014. Someone asked if you can waive the first class to get into the second and she said, yes, if you want to waive out of the November 15th class you could do that, which gave obviously further clarification of a 11/15 start. If you have your CPAT done by the time you process this time, you will be bumped ahead. The reason for this is that they will begin processing people further who are already done with their CPAT. She said they will begin processing those with CPAT completed for further background investigation hopefully within a month.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=Dalsh321;1372357]Just got back from processing today and here is what I now know. The rumors regarding them no longer going by numbers are 100% true. Ms. Hammond said the numbers got us to this point, but now they're just processing people. Assuming no set backs, Ms. Hammond said 1st academy of about 150 people in November and then 2nd academy of about 150 in 1st quarter of 2014. Someone asked if you can waive the first class to get into the second and she said, yes, if you want to waive out of the November 15th class you could do that, which gave obviously further clarification of a 11/15 start. If you have your CPAT done by the time you process this time, you will be bumped ahead. The reason for this is that they will begin processing people further who are already done with their CPAT. She said they will begin processing those with CPAT completed for further background investigation hopefully within a month.[/QUOTE

That is good to hear... I know I got my cpat done early hoping that i would be able to jump ahead.

Forum Member

So glad i got CPAT done on my own instead of waiting to sign up for the city sponsored program.

Time to hit the gym even harder....next up.....The Quinn.

Forum Member

In my group yesterday maybe 10 guys had the Cpat completed.
    Here are a few observations I made yesterday.
    1) The majority of people I spoke with have done NOTHING to prep for the cpat. Now that might change after orientation but that is what more than a few people I spoke with said.
    2) They really want at least 2 classes out of this group. Right now that is the focus.
    3) As stated above numbers are out the window. Get Cpat, get investigated, medical, academy. I dont want to say first come first serve but it sure seems that way. If you get everything completed, they start your processing asap.
    4) They are still being rather leniant with people. I am not sure if they are just trying to pacify but I heard a few "bring it to me asap" regarding missing paperwork.

A buddy of mine was there last Friday and told me some had asked how many more times they would need to come to the academy as his boss will fire him if he keeps taking days off. The reply was "did you get your Cpat"? He said "yes". "Then chance are really good that you will be a Chicago fireman".

My buddy is a pretty honest dude so unless he mis-heard then that's what was said.

Good luck to all taking cpat the next few weeks.

Forum Member

Yes, Ms Hammond said flat out, "I'm not going to lie, if you already turned in your CPAT card or are turning it in today, you have an advantage over everyone else," and that is why they had those of us with CPAT cards put it as the first thing inside our file. She said CPAT is the step they expect to trip everyone up the most and after that it would be the medical.

I was also shocked regarding all the people that had no idea regarding what the CPAT even was. I was talking to people that didn't even know it was a timed challenge or how many events were in it. Most surprising to me was that there were several lawsuit women yesterday and most of them had no idea regarding anything about the CPAT. I'm just amazed that they sued, are being given this opportunity and haven't even looked into this challenge they have to complete yet. Also surprised at them deferring their CPAT til December 31st instead of choosing to come amongst all of us.

Forum Member

I have been looking all over the place but can not find Ms Hammond's E-mail address. Any help please?

Forum Member

Anyone know what is involved in the medical portion? What are they looking for?

Thread Information