Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 355 of 552 FirstFirst ... 255305345352353354355356357358365405455 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,100 of 11028
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Hell yeah! Lets get this academy going for us! i am really hoping we get in this summer.

Forum Member

Cant wait to get to do it all.. I hope this is signs of life for us

Forum Member

Forum is awfully quiet i wish we would hear some good news soon....

Forum Member

I agree totally

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ILFFPM View Post
    Forum is awfully quiet i wish we would hear some good news soon....
    My daughter was born Wednesday.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by keefus View Post
    Congrats!!!!

Forum Member

That is some GREAT NEWS! Congrats. I hope all is well with mom and the baby.

Forum Member

Congratulations keefus! Great news buddy!

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey guys & gals,

I am just curious... I have not been keeping up with any of your postings so I was hoping someone could quick fill me in? My number was 3017, what number are they up to?

From what I did read it sounds like some of you could be starting in a new recruit class within a year! I am jealous of all you! Good luck, hope you all get lucky and a class starts soon for you!

Forum Member

Congrats on the baby! And as far as being 3017 on the list it could be a few years if at all if you get called especially with the law suit group. No one even knows if the group just waiting for fp will get called.

Forum Member

Congratulations keefus. Girls are wonderful.

Forum Member

Congrats Keefus, Now that is good news. Hopefully her daddy will come to school and teach all the kids about fire safety in a few years

Forum Member

A little help please. I'm part of the group that took PATs in early 2010 and I just moved. I know the details of changing address are on this site somewhere, but with over 350 pages to sift through I just can't find them.

Can someone please tell me where to go and what info I need to bring (ie: signed lease, utility bill, etc)?

Thanks guys and let's keep our fingers crossed.

Forum Member

Congrats on the new addition to your family

Forum Member

Rumor alert....heard from a relatively reliable source i know we know how that goes, but that there may be an academy in aug if not then mar. And they are looking at mixing the law suit guys with us maybe two classes or so.

MembersZone Subscriber

Rumor alert....heard from a relatively reliable source i know we know how that goes, but that there may be an academy in aug if not then mar. And they are looking at mixing the law suit guys with us maybe two classes or so.

Sounds like good news to me!
    I have wondered if they will mix entitlement group in two classes with the FP group. But my major concern is Aug isn't far off will they have time to process a portion of the entitlement group before that time.? I think I remember hearing a rumor that they have already started processing the entitlement group that could be wrong tho. That would probably be the big question and a delay for us if they cant.

Also how would that work because the entitlement group needs to follow the 95 standards and obviously FP group are following the current CFD curriculum.

not to pick apart your rumor just thinking out loud!..

Forum Member

lets hang in there!
    Last edited by ILFFPM; 12-19-2012 at 02:32 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ILFFPM View Post
    Agreed who knows how they will work it the curriculum should be the same they have to learn current standards of firefighting i would think, also the aug rumor would be just us i believewho knows i pray we get in soon.
    I would imagine, as you said, they would teach them the current firefighting operations. That would leave the only *major* differences between now and 95 being EMT-B (which I'd imagine they would just skip) and the PT Program. Maybe it wouldn't be too hard to work through.

On a side note....if they do mix them in, I feel VERY bad for the African American guys who got into those classes legitimately. Everyone and their mother in the CFD will know which class numbers's/years the lawsuit guys went through; and I'm afraid the others will just get painted with that same brush (unless guys actually ask which side of the fence they are on).

Forum Member

I thought the lawsuit guys had to be seperate from everyone else. I could be wrong. But I was under the impression that they needed their own class according to the court ruling. That way they will be away from everyone else.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ATFDFF View Post
    I would imagine, as you said, they would teach them the current firefighting operations. That would leave the only *major* differences between now and 95 being EMT-B (which I'd imagine they would just skip) and the PT Program. Maybe it wouldn't be too hard to work through.

On a side note....if they do mix them in, I feel VERY bad for the African American guys who got into those classes legitimately. Everyone and their mother in the CFD will know which class numbers's/years the lawsuit guys went through; and I'm afraid the others will just get painted with that same brush (unless guys actually ask which side of the fence they are on).
    I one of those legitmate candidates and I am not worried about it at all. If the entitlement guys can keep up in the academy it shouldn't be an issue. My question to the people posting here is if you are in a mixed class and there is an entitlement guy struggling and a current list guy helps him out how would you feel?

And as Teddy posted I think the ruling from the suit said they had to be seperate. I still ask my question hypothetically.
    Last edited by keefus; 06-13-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Thread Information