Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 360 of 557 FirstFirst ... 260310350357358359360361362363370410460 ... LastLast
Results 7,181 to 7,200 of 11121
Like Tree284Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

The bright side will be when they realized that they ended up firing all of them after they see that the test was right to begin with and the lawsuit was a joke from the get go!!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ATFDFF View Post
    They won't be taking EMT...they are following the OLD curriculum (with exceptions to the current SOPs and fire behavior teachings....for obvious reasons). So they will only be first responders...which a well trained monkey could pass.
    nothing is set in stone, but going from what i've heard at union meetings and from a member of the aaffl, they have to be emts. the year they were awarded "seniority" was the year they started having ffs take the emt. the only question will be if they will be allowed to drop it after 2 years, or have to keep it. if going by their "hire date," they would be able to drop the emt after two years.

the one thing that i do know is, NOBODY KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT WILL HAPPEN WITH THE CLASS OF 111! that means when they'll start, what seniority they will get, and will they be emts. everything is speculation. i'm just relaying what i've heard from 2 sources, high up, on both sides of the situation.

To add to what 233Wacker has said my source has heard that nothing will happen this year as far as classes. He did hear 2 possible classes next year. He wasn't sure in what order they would happen but he heard the guys leftover from the last class to get in and the guys waiting for FP will make up a class next year and the other class will be the law suit class. Again his source didn't give him the order in which these classes would happen but did say two classes will happen next year. Of course its all rumor but a rumor none the less.

As for guys like myself who took the PAT in January 2010 it looks like we won't be called upon for the next 2-3 years like someone stated several posts earlier.

Hang in there fellas!!! And good luck to everyone.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by truckman111 View Post
    All of us will take the high road, we won't sue because we have pride in ourselves and we aren't a bunch of f#cking mutts. We will hold our heads up high as we should! We've done everything we can and more for this "chance." Guys, if we do or don't make it, HOLD YOUR HEADS UP HIGH because you know that you didn't have to fu*k a bunch of others to get the job. I'd rather eat sh*t and not get the job then work with these MUTTS!

We are the BETTER people boys, always remember that!!
    Amen brother!!!
    Very well said. Dignity, Integrity, and Self-Respect.

Forum Member

Ok, cool man.
    Last edited by harrynuts; 11-07-2013 at 10:35 PM.

Forum Member

What about us!?!

Forum Member

Does this suck yes,but guys we knew this coming at least we know where we stand now, maybe next year for us if they do two classes or the year after. What we need to watch is the budget when it comes out, albeit they have minimum manning locked in. GUYS AS I LEARNED RECENTLY MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE!!! hopefully it comes i pray every day it does but it can't run our lives the fact is we are at least a year out most likely more the 2010 pat guys who knows two three years if ever.

Forum Member

Default Evil

$50 million tax payer dollars, $30 million of which will go to approximately 5800 people who, in the final analysis, would never have gotten the job even if the City had done everything the way the Courts said it should have.

Forum Member

Its all crap and has been BS I guess we do what were best at and wait its old and good luck finding the 111 pos. That can "make it"

Forum Member

yesterday I went down to Clinton & Canal to fill out an Address change (moved from the burbs to the city hoping that this or next yr would be the yr and a newborn ment a bigger place) and I asked about my status and the lady said that is was in front of the review board but it didnt matter because the 1995's would have to be processed first. Hearing that did suck and reading the paper today sucked even more. But what can you do? I dont feel like I am deserved to be a CFD, all I did was pass a test, and lucky that my social ended in the number 9, I was just lucky and fortunate. People complaining about we have been put in the ringer and have done flips, how? By staying in shape and staying out of trouble? IDK, I'm just ranting right now, but it still sucks. I will wish good luck to the 95's and wish them the best and hope they take advantage of the situation.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bagosoxgo View Post
    yesterday I went down to Clinton & Canal to fill out an Address change (moved from the burbs to the city hoping that this or next yr would be the yr and a newborn ment a bigger place) and I asked about my status and the lady said that is was in front of the review board but it didnt matter because the 1995's would have to be processed first. Hearing that did suck and reading the paper today sucked even more. But what can you do? I dont feel like I am deserved to be a CFD, all I did was pass a test, and lucky that my social ended in the number 9, I was just lucky and fortunate. People complaining about we have been put in the ringer and have done flips, how? By staying in shape and staying out of trouble? IDK, I'm just ranting right now, but it still sucks. I will wish good luck to the 95's and wish them the best and hope they take advantage of the situation.
    First of all I can tell how big of an idiot you are by wishing those mutts luck. Secondly, we have done everything the City has asked of us, and yes, we have been through the "ringer"...How? By how long it's taken for us through this whole fk'n ordeal, passed our tests, and waited and waited and waited....The fk'n Chief even apologized to us! For what? I don't know, maybe because he knows what we HAVE been through in this whole process...We should be in a firehouse now, but we're not even in the Academy! Tell me, if you were 37, and they put the mutts in and you lost your deserved place in Class, how would you feel?

They have a definite answer on when they start, its been years since we started processing. I'm not asking for much, just throw me a bone to when we are going to start, or any info at all for that matter...Wishing them luck is absurd, they got in cause they're as dumb as the stairs their going to run on. I hope sickle cell takes em all out for the sake of all the residents and firemen of the City of Chicago. You're soft, and you should join them...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scrum View Post
    First of all I can tell how big of an idiot you are by wishing those mutts luck. Secondly, we have done everything the City has asked of us, and yes, we have been through the "ringer"...How? By how long it's taken for us through this whole fk'n ordeal, passed our tests, and waited and waited and waited....The fk'n Chief even apologized to us! For what? I don't know, maybe because he knows what we HAVE been through in this whole process...We should be in a firehouse now, but we're not even in the Academy! Tell me, if you were 37, and they put the mutts in and you lost your deserved place in Class, how would you feel?

They have a definite answer on when they start, its been years since we started processing. I'm not asking for much, just throw me a bone to when we are going to start, or any info at all for that matter...Wishing them luck is absurd, they got in cause they're as dumb as the stairs their going to run on. I hope sickle cell takes em all out for the sake of all the residents and firemen of the City of Chicago. You're soft, and you should join them...
    That about sums it up. And spinning off of that, what if you're a 37 or 38 year old medic, now or in the future, who's got x number years of service running your *** off on a CFD ambulance, serving the city, and when your time finally comes to get on you're too old by a few months or by one class, yet all these guys who are that age or older get to walk right on. Maybe they miss out now, or they miss out down the road by one class because of these guys. Ask them what the big deal is.

And I'm by no means saying a cross over deserves it more than anyone else, necessarily, but they sure as hell deserve it more than these guys. They put their time in and busted their *** and served the city for however long and miss out, yet these guys just waltz right in and get back-benefits to boot. How someone can say good luck to these guys is beyond me. The only luck I wish them is that they don't do something to maim or kill a fellow firefighter or rescue victim.

Forum Member

Last edited by nbsmith28; 11-21-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Forum Member

Yes, the news in the paper was a sad read. While a sliver of hope remains I think this news puts the nail in the coffin of my CFD dreams. I'll be 38 in March of 2013. It's quite sad, not for me, I've got a good job and will be okay (though very disappointed). No it's sad for the city. The court case ruling and the lax standards in place now do nothing more than weaken the city at a time when it can ill afford it.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a miracle. Good luck to the guys in the cue young enough to wait it out. You'll get on someday and the city will need you when you do. The CFD will survive this entitled lawsuit class but only if you guys kick *** in a big way when you get on. Cheers.

Forum Member

I will preface by saying sorry to the guys that are toeing the "age" line, but for the guys that still have a few years yet, this is great news. We all knew this was coming, and it has, so now everything can move forward for us. The politics of who got on from this class will not affect us. Come to think of it when the FP and Jan/Apr '10 groups get on it will be a breath of fresh air to houses, because they are getting guys ready for the job.

Forum Member

Thumbs down

Keeps getting better
    Last edited by truckman111; 08-18-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scrum View Post

Where's the muthafukin like button!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rockgod View Post
    Where's the muthafukin like button!
    HAHAHA I agree brother!

Default Saw this on another web site

"There is a program the Fire Department is putting in place as it relates to hiring for the future," Emanuel said at a news conference in the Auburn-Gresham neighborhood about a program to try to fight foreclosures. "The Fire Department, Commissioner (Robert) Hoff, is putting that in place and putting out notices, and taking those steps."

Forum Member

Classy posts from a bunch of cry-babies. If you really want a career job apply everywhere and anywhere, CFD is not all that.

Thread Information