Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

JMH
    Forum Member

Thats a good point shadez, cause my friend (who was a final processing candidate and also took his CPAT ahead of time) got called today. His last name ended in B, so they might be doing in alphabetical order.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    Thats a good point shadez, cause my friend (who was a final processing candidate and also took his CPAT ahead of time) got called today. His last name ended in B, so they might be doing in alphabetical order.
    Bingo - call was pretty relaxed and casual, but i still stuck with the Yes sir/ No sir approach. It was an initial call to confirm general info and that BI's are starting.

Good luck everyone!!!!

Who are we soon to be???

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    I figured that's how it would be done since our folders always seemed to be placed in alphabetical order each time we went into Quinn.

Forum Member

Just want to preemptively state, lets not all freak out when we're not all called today. I will report when I'm called, my name is at the end of the alphabet, I mean, hey, I'm not used to waiting or anything.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    Just want to preemptively state, lets not all freak out when we're not all called today. I will report when I'm called, my name is at the end of the alphabet, I mean, hey, I'm not used to waiting or anything.
    Lol, I was about to post the same thing. My last name starts with S and don't expect to get called until tomorrow or the following day. That is if I get called at all.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:39 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    Dalsh and Shadez, same here. My last name starts with a P so I'll be waiting until the end of the week to get nervous about anything. lol But I still think it's bull**** that We were FP'ers and we're mixed in and not put to the front of the line. Just saying, what's fair is fair, and CFD doesn't do s h i t that's fair it seems anymore. Congrats to those who got called, but I still think they should be sticking to the Random Assigned Numbers. I'd be p i s s ed as f u c k if someone with a SS# ending in anything past --79 got in the Nov class and I didn't. JUST SAYIN....
    I agree 2ndGen, but we all kind of saw this coming sadly. My name starts with "w" so if it's alphabetical, I will be after all of you. I was hoping they would use my "w" and I would come up right after "women." HA!
    Last edited by Dalsh321; 08-20-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    Just saying, what's fair is fair, and CFD doesn't do s h i t that's fair it seems anymore.
    CFD has never been a level playing field, even before the lawsuit age. Think "Nepotism"

I didn't get a call yet

Forum Member

I was hoping they would use my "w" and I would come up right after "women." HA!
    Hilarious!!!

Forum Member

I just heard from one of my sources. Nov. 1st Class is in the books. So this process should go fairly quickly.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    I just heard from one of my sources. Nov. 1st Class is in the books. So this process should go fairly quickly.
    Upgraded from 11/15 to 11/1.....not saying you're wrong, but the swings in this forum in the last week are hilarious. I think my wild last weekend sparked all this.

JMH
    Forum Member

does anyone know of anyone that received a call that did NOT take the CPAT on their own? I'm very curious if taking the cpat ahead of time actually pushed you foward on the list like they said it would.

Forum Member

Upgraded from 11/15 to 11/1.....not saying you're wrong, but the swings in this forum in the last week are hilarious. I think my wild last weekend sparked all this.
    I wouldn't be surprised if a class started Nov 1, Nov 15 or Dec 1. Their goal is obviously Nov 1 according to my source.

Forum Member

I wouldn't be surprised if a class started Nov 1, Nov 15 or Dec 1. Their goal is obviously Nov 1 according to my source.
    Good deal, would be great if your source is correct. Was just commenting because last week before I went out of town this forum was all doom and gloom. I'm wondering not only if everyone that has been called today, has already passed the CPAT, but also, do they live in Chicago?

Forum Member

Good deal, would be great if your source is correct. Was just commenting because last week before I went out of town this forum was all doom and gloom. I'm wondering not only if everyone that has been called today, has already passed the CPAT, but also, do they live in Chicago?
    2.5 months is a very generous grace period to get all that done IMO. I didn't think they would even give them close to that.

Forum Member

fp guy here, passed cpat on my own, last name U, im out in the suburbs NO CALL YET....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by allroad View Post
    fp guy here, passed cpat on my own, last name U, im out in the suburbs NO CALL YET....
    Good luck! Hopefully you get called within the next day or two.

Forum Member

My last name Z, so like always I'm waiting in the back of the class to get in line.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by keefus View Post
    My last name Z, so like always I'm waiting in the back of the class to get in line.
    I asked Dave this earlier today. I was hoping you were an A to confirm the early morning rumors.

Forum Member

no phone call over here... last ss # 9, last name starts with "a" made it to background last time. Done the CPAT before the city ... was in the 3rd day
    of processing.
    keep on waiting ...
    Last edited by bagosoxgo; 08-20-2013 at 04:08 PM.

Forum Member

2.5 months is a very generous grace period to get all that done IMO. I didn't think they would even give them close to that.
    I'm still in the suburbs and was told/reminded again today, I need residency by date of hire.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bagosoxgo View Post
    no phone call over here... last ss # 9, last name starts with "a" made it to background last time. Done the CPAT before the city ... was in the 3rd day
    of processing.
    keep on waiting ...
    That's a good point. Guys that got called what was your process day?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by keefus View Post
    That's a good point. Guys that got called what was your process day?
    First day of processing both times we got called down.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    First day of processing both times we got called down.
    How bout your buddy?

Forum Member

No call fp last time last name S..

Thread Information