Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Jetguy said he knew a guy who was a FP last time around and got a call and Goldie was a FP guy too and he got called. So who knows what the process or order is anymore. lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    Not doubting what the investigator said but I have a hard time believing the city would re-do the background checks. A lot can happen in 4 years. Who knows anymore.
    Sorry I meant to say " I have a hard time believing the city wouldn't re-do the background checks".

Forum Member

Just curious. Those that have been called, do you guys have your emt license?

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:39 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    are those guys final processing guys from 2010 or 2009?
    All they say in their posts is that they are FPers from before. So I assume they mean before Jan 2010 PATers.

Forum Member

2ndgen can't pm you so send me a message

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    All they say in their posts is that they are FPers from before. So I assume they mean before Jan 2010 PATers.
    No one from the 2010 PATers even made it to the BI. Everything was halted right after 2010 PAT, the only ones to have made it past the PAT to the BI are the March 09' guys.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffdino88 View Post
    No one from the 2010 PATers even made it to the BI. Everything was halted right after 2010 PAT, the only ones to have made it past the PAT to the BI are the March 09' guys.
    That's what I had thought. But I did see one of the guys that was in my group (they had us in 3 man groups) when I took the Jan 2010 PAT was an incumbent. Not sure how that happened.

Forum Member

How many of you guys who have been called by BI's.
    Last edited by harrynuts; 11-07-2013 at 10:09 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by harrynuts View Post
    I have a question, and don't really mean it in a derogatory way.
    How many of you guys who have been called by BI's are in a minority group(AA, Hispanic)?
    my mom says i'm one of a kind, does this count?

Forum Member

I have a question, and don't really mean it in a derogatory way.
    How many of you guys who have been called by BI's are in a minority group(AA, Hispanic)?
    I was born a man, but inside I'm a woman. Do I count?

Forum Member

So just keeping you guys informed. My BI contacted my employer yesterday, to check my employment I guess. My supervisor told me at the end of the day yesterday. Also, the guy I know who just started the process this past May, and got his call from a BI, told me today that his investigator also contacted his employer...so there is obviously movement happening. Lastly, I talked with another guy today who started in the process this May and got a call this week from a background investigator...so it seems so wide-spread on who got a call.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2002 View Post
    So just keeping you guys informed. My BI contacted my employer yesterday, to check my employment I guess. My supervisor told me at the end of the day yesterday. Also, the guy I know who just started the process this past May, and got his call from a BI, told me today that his investigator also contacted his employer...so there is obviously movement happening. Lastly, I talked with another guy today who started in the process this May and got a call this week from a background investigator...so it seems so wide-spread on who got a call.
    As much as I hate to say it, it is looking more and more like a good majority of us will not be considered for the first class. For me it is time to face the music. The longer we go without our background investigations, the more candidates will be in the pool as they pass the CPAT. Time to take a hard look at all of this and think about what it is I need to do to not myself be let down again. I just need to accept the fact that chances are slim that I will ever be a fireman in Chicago. I am going to start by staying off this site for a bit. Hopefully it all works out. Time to start moving on, AGAIN. LOL
    Last edited by teddyball; 08-24-2013 at 08:17 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by keefus View Post
    I was born a man, but inside I'm a woman. Do I count?
    I know it seems kind of funny, but not one person that has been called in for BI has responded to my question.
    Last edited by harrynuts; 11-07-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Forum Member

I know it seems kind of funny, but not one person that has been called in for BI has responded to my question. You can joke around all day while we all take it in the behind from the city :-)
    Good point Harry. I'm just boggled by this current process, some of you guys actually made it to FP last time and haven't heard boo from the city but a guy who just starts the process in May somehow gets ahead of you guys? I guess I'd feel better about it if they just stated how they are processing us, give us some kind of insight anyways to put fears to rest or confirm the inevitable.
    Last edited by ffdino88; 08-29-2013 at 11:29 PM.

Forum Member

Unreal. Again.

Forum Member

My question wasn't geared to stir the pot, but just simply to gather information. I mean honestly: Is it that hard for the city to develop an excel spreadsheet to line up our numbers, and process us in numerical order as they promised in the original exam passing letter?
    Last edited by harrynuts; 11-07-2013 at 10:08 PM.
    ffdino88 likes this.

Forum Member

^well said..My question is, can they really just skip people? Meaning, random assigned numbers, social numbers, etc..

I've talked to many people in regards to the situation we're in, all who agree that we literally are getting screwed, and they say they can't just pass people. They keep telling me that there is an order and not to worry. So legally, can they take somebody who just started the process and hire them before a FP guy??

Every class before us went through the process in order, and were hired if they checked out. I can't logically see how they can just hire with no regards to a system that they've used to hire before.

Forum Member

if they are pushing all the women to the top just because of the lawsuit/their gender, it seems that the order for hiring is already thrown out the window. this scenario isn't like any other that they've hired with before so it seems like all prior conventions are subject to change.

Forum Member

Harry to answer your question,I'm black, and have not been called. I know a few other people black, Asian, Hispanic, and women(non-lawsuit). They haven't been called either. Just because these people are being called doesn't mean they are in the first class.

JMH
    Forum Member

Keefus I was thinking the same thing. its only sept and they did a round of calls. I have a feeling they might end up calling everyone but just started with this group. we shall see

Forum Member

I got a call Friday from an investigator. Im from the Jan PAT group. Im on vacation in Boston and didnt have any time to talk to him. I'll be in touch with him tomorrow and let you all know what I hear. Btw, I'm as white as casper the ghost

Forum Member

Few thoughts/comments from recent posts. First, when did anything ever say that you would be hired in the order of your randomly assigned number? I understand this is a conclusion based on the fact that they issued numbers and have been hiring in that fashion to date, but when was it ever stated that this was how it had to be done? I just bring this up, b/c someone asked if it was legal for them to go out of order and I would say sure it is. Second, letters also stated that if you pass every portion you're supposed to, you're not guaranteed to be offered employment, so the city protected themselves to be allowed to just put us through the ringer if they want. Last, I doubt the city is only calling minorities. They have a court order to give the women a shot, just like the AA group based on the previous hiring practices which created a disparate impact, however they can't just flat out stop calling white men in lieu of all minorities, because this would be yet another reason for them to be sued.

Forum Member

Got a call from the BI last week, had to send an up to date city sticker, they were looking for a 2013-2014.
    they called two of my references. told me that they will be in contact for the home visit.
    im a 2009 guy.
    ALSO turned in my cpat on may 9th
    Last edited by bagosoxgo; 08-26-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Forum Member

any additional phone calls happening this week?

Thread Information