Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:39 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    I called and talked to miss Hammond this morning. Ask her what was going on and why I haven't heard anything yet. She basically told me because I was one of the people pop positive and had to bring in a prescription drug proof of paper that the CFD medical director will be contacting all people who pop positive starting today. I also asked her if that's going to put up a red flag on me and push me to the next class. . She told me I should have nothing to worry about and I should be good to go for the november class.she also said that there are a lot of people have not turned in their CPAT card. And that the medical exam usually gets rid of a little less than half of the people processing
    I wonder about those of us who didn't pop positive. Are they going to continue calling some of us this week?

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Forum Member

Idk about those who didnt pop positive. Didn't ask once she told me that was why i was "in limbo" as she said. She did say they just started calling people last week, as we already know. And that calls are continuing this week. She said thos eof us who popped positive shoudl get called by the medical director this week tho. So I'm staying positive, but still skeptical. If I dont get this Nov 15th class, I swear I am putting a shirt n tie on and I'm just gonna show up at the Academy on Nov 15th. I get it that this is a lottery system, but some of us DO DESERVE it at this point. Others, like myself, were originally called up in JANUARY 2009 and have processed 3 times now. Sorry to those of you 2010 PAT'ers, and those who started this May, but we should be ahead of you just as the other classes have followed the "Randomly Assigned Numbers". I always said I would never sue the city, but if I get bumped this time around, you better believe I'm contacting a lawyer this time. F U C K the BULL S H I T! I deserve it at this point as do all other in my shoes.
    When you spoke with Ms Hammond today did she specifically say they are continuing phone calls this week.

Forum Member

I agree 2ndgen I feel we deserve it..

Forum Member

Forum Member

ffdino88 likes this.

Forum Member

Damn right man. Those of us who got our interest card in Jan 09 have been put thru the ringer way more that these guys from Jan 10 or even this May. It's bulls.h.i.t that they broke from the Randomly Assigned Numbers. I'm done playing their game if I don't get the November class. I'll lawyer up and sue. Call me a b i t c h or whatever you want, I've dedicated my life since I went into the navy 13 yrs ago to get this job. I was LUCKY enough to get a good RAN and now they're gonna do away with that. Yea right, F that! Sorry for the hostility but I'm a bit worked up today about this crap.

you went to the navy, why didnt you use a veterans preferance? that should have moved you ahead.

Forum Member

they did my home visit/ residency check today....things are finally moving along!!!

Forum Member

I'm with ya 2ndGen.

JMH
    Forum Member

got called for my background today,

just FYI, was in last days of processing but times this go around, got my CPAT very early in the process.
    White.

Forum Member

Forum Member

312-746-6920
    Miss Hammonds #
    Everyone bombard her with calls. See if u get different and or more info. Cant hurt to call. Dont be affriad, wont damper ur chances. Maube the more we bother them the more they'll get a clue. Lol

Thats idiotic... that will just make you go to the bottom.

Forum Member

312-746-6920
    Miss Hammonds #
    Everyone bombard her with calls. See if u get different and or more info. Cant hurt to call. Dont be affriad, wont damper ur chances. Maube the more we bother them the more they'll get a clue. Lol
    Relax 2ndGen...

Forum Member

Yeah, I wouldn't think that was such a great idea...things are finally moving forward, lets not upset people while positive things are happening

Forum Member

Guess I'm adding fuel to fire, but a couple of my "minority" friends got calls today.

Forum Member

Minority calls.....that theory is out the window. I myself, am non-minority but EMT licensed. I have another buddy that is minority, Jan 10 PAT, and first days of processing both times who has NOT been called.

Forum Member

I understand your frustration 2ndGen and I have said from the beginning that the FP'ers should absolutely go first. Being a 2010 PAT'er I feel I belong in the second class at best. But it isn't happening that way. Bombarding the office with calls may hurt people in the long run. Remember they hold all the cards right now. They could easily just push our files aside if they choose. All of us were told in May the process has changed. So we did what we felt was right in getting our CPAT's out of the way. Now it may not work out the way we hoped. For right now we have to live with it or drop out. That's really the only choices we have.
    Lol I said I was staying off the site for a bit but I guess that isn't happening.
    2ndGen. Take a breath and hope you hear something this week. That's what I am doing.

Forum Member

This went from getting in as we were to good luck and that's rediculous.. the process should have picked up where it left off.. as with any other the numbers we got were the order of hiring.. but calling isn't going to change anything..
    Last edited by nbsmith28; 08-26-2013 at 07:10 PM.

Forum Member

Nothing on my end yet, but as it was said before no news is good news (I hope). I'm at the same job and address as last time so maybe ill only get a call for medical since there are no changes. Anyone else in the same boat as I am.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Lets come up with another theory

Forum Member

I'm right with ya allroad, I'm thinking to save money they're skipping previous process guys, FP guys with the same address as before and sending us right to Medical again.

And 2ndGen, I agree with you. When do the qualified guys get a voice? Everybody that's been getting hired recently have been rejects. Sorry boys, but we who've processed before should have priority. I know most of you agree, so it is frustrating that it seems they might be skipping guys.

I hope my theory is correct and ill be getting a Medical call. They do have our ssn so they can run a background on you without paying somebody to visit the house you've been living in for years. Lets hope this is true.

Forum Member

maybe they have a dart board with the city of chicago on it and each investigator throws a number of darts each week and the person who lives closest to each dart are the ones they call.

Forum Member

there might be some theory to the address thing, and FPers just going to medical. I was a FP guy, but I have moved a few times since we started this thing. I didn't think much about it when they did my home visit yesterday, but it was pretty much the same questions from before. So, maybe since I have moved since last time they had to check my address again. Also, my buddy who just started the process in May 13 has his home visit today. His BI actually called him yesterday and set up a time to meet him at his house. I thought that was funny that they gave him a 24 hour notice, mine called a couple of hours before. I guess each BI can go about their checks their own way.

Thread Information