Like Tree288Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

At 3:30am? No thanks. Lol

Forum Member

Hey gents,

First time posting on here. Thanx to all the regulars on here for providing new guys like me with info and support. So anyways, I went to see HR yesterday to provide to updated vehicle reg and management work info. So the front desk person had no idea what to do with my paperwork, so she grabbed ms.hammond from her office (I know she likes to hide lately). So ms. Hammond asked when I turned in my cpat (I turned it in in June). She seemed really surprised I haven't received a call from BI yet, so she looked into my file. She insisted I never turned in my CPAT card. I just happened to have the time stamped copy from HR when I dropped it off in my car and provided that to her. How long would my file be sitting in the s.h.i.t pile b4 any realized? I expressed my frustration about the whole process and this is my first time, I can't even sympathize with the guys who have been through this multiple times. Ms Hammond assured me my file would be moved to a BI, but I my phone is silent. Any one with similar experience?

BTW last 2 11, veteran, and assigned # 3900

Forum Member

Were still waiting.. its old now.

Forum Member

Hey it's back

Forum Member

Now i know why Tom Petty wrote that tune called, The Waiting (is the hardest part)...........i wonder what RAN he got?

Forum Member

I don't think half of us on here have heard from a BI yet. And we turned in our CPAT cards early.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CFDhopeful View Post
    Hey gents,

First time posting on here. Thanx to all the regulars on here for providing new guys like me with info and support. So anyways, I went to see HR yesterday to provide to updated vehicle reg and management work info. So the front desk person had no idea what to do with my paperwork, so she grabbed ms.hammond from her office (I know she likes to hide lately). So ms. Hammond asked when I turned in my cpat (I turned it in in June). She seemed really surprised I haven't received a call from BI yet, so she looked into my file. She insisted I never turned in my CPAT card. I just happened to have the time stamped copy from HR when I dropped it off in my car and provided that to her. How long would my file be sitting in the s.h.i.t pile b4 any realized? I expressed my frustration about the whole process and this is my first time, I can't even sympathize with the guys who have been through this multiple times. Ms Hammond assured me my file would be moved to a BI, but I my phone is silent. Any one with similar experience?

BTW last 2 11, veteran, and assigned # 3900
    fsdfasdfasdfasdf
    Last edited by chigo23; 08-29-2013 at 03:51 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chigo23 View Post
    This has me worried because I have had my CPAT turned in since our very first day of processing back in May and I still haven't been called by BI, but some people on here who turned it in after me and processed later then me have been called (I processed the second to last day both times).

I called down there and spoke with Ms. Hammond last Friday and asked told her I just wanted to make sure I didn't have any loos ends I needed to tie up before my file got sent to BI. she told me "it was fine" and BI should be calling me soon and that if there was a problem the investigator would address it with me. After hearing this i'm not sure if I should call down there again and ask here to actually pull my file and make sure it's good so it can go to BI but I don't want to **** her off.

I haven't called down yet but I am in your same shoes. Turned mine in the very first day in May and I still haven't heard boo. I just hope if there was a error made with us it doesn't put us in the back of the line instead of the head of the line like they promised. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffdino88 View Post
    I haven't called down yet but I am in your same shoes. Turned mine in the very first day in May and I still haven't heard boo. I just hope if there was a error made with us it doesn't put us in the back of the line instead of the head of the line like they promised. I'll let you guys know what I find out.
    Definitely is reassuring....mercy! Same situation for me, just called down there, got vm and left message. Will let you know if I hear back.

Forum Member

So I haven't heard anything back from my BI since my home visit...but my buddy who also had his home visit this week, was called by his BI today because he had some documents that he needs to turn in to the city. He asked them how much time he had to turn in the paperwork, and they told him that he should get it done as soon as possible, because the people who have had their backgrounds started/ home visits were being processed for the November class...and once he turns everything in, the city will contact him for his medical. So it looks like things are moving forward, and the rumors about a Nov class are true...I feel like this is finally going to happen this time for some of us!!! Anyone hearing the same thing??

Forum Member

tried to post a couple of times, but nothing...anyways If people are waiting on BI, you should try to clear up any loose ends. If you gave them city stickers for 2012-2013 they will ask for 2013-2014. They are very thorough, they check back 20 yrs. There were people who said they have a mailing address that is differnt from where they live at, they will have problems. They call your past employers. So if you had a question, they will find a problem, really that is why they are here.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bagosoxgo View Post
    tried to post a couple of times, but nothing...anyways If people are waiting on BI, you should try to clear up any loose ends. If you gave them city stickers for 2012-2013 they will ask for 2013-2014. They are very thorough, they check back 20 yrs. There were people who said they have a mailing address that is differnt from where they live at, they will have problems. They call your past employers. So if you had a question, they will find a problem, really that is why they are here.
    I think many of us, wish we heard back with problems, many of us have been dealing with silence for 12 weeks now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    I think many of us, wish we heard back with problems, many of us have been dealing with silence for 12 weeks now.
    I hear you man.
    Last edited by ffdino88; 08-29-2013 at 11:29 PM.

Forum Member

Great! I turned mine in the same day I passed the test in June and left it with the receptionist. I pray to God she didn't misplace it. Unbelievable!!!!

Forum Member

sdvcSDvzsdfasdf
    Last edited by chigo23; 08-29-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Forum Member

Ok guys I didn't want to post this on a public forum like this but I'm not sure how I should handle this so I'm hoping for some view points.

I'm prescribed Adderall for ADHD and I was fully expecting to get called in to have to show them my prescription after taking the hair follicle test but never did.

Now I'm paranoid that I didn't get called by mistake and this may be why I haven't been called for BI yet despite the fact that people who processed and turned in their CPAT after me have been called.

I know I'm probably being paranoid but I'm not sure how I should go about finding out because I don't want to call down there and be like "Hey I wanna know if I passed my drug test."
    I'm pretty sure they'd have to notify you if you tested positive/were being eliminated from the process. I don't know, call me crazy but you probably would have gotten some type of call or official letter saying that you were eliminated. Like I said maybe I'm just crazy...

Forum Member

Ok time for another theory, guys that got called. Where did you take CPAT?

Forum Member

Ok guys I didn't want to post this on a public forum like this but I'm not sure how I should handle this so I'm hoping for some view points.

I'm prescribed Adderall for ADHD and I was fully expecting to get called in to have to show them my prescription after taking the hair follicle test but never did.

Now I'm paranoid that I didn't get called by mistake and this may be why I haven't been called for BI yet despite the fact that people who processed and turned in their CPAT after me have been called.

I know I'm probably being paranoid but I'm not sure how I should go about finding out because I don't want to call down there and be like "Hey I wanna know if I passed my drug test."
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...3164357AAGdMJ0

no news is good news?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffdino88 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they'd have to notify you if you tested positive/were being eliminated from the process. I don't know, call me crazy but you probably would have gotten some type of call or official letter saying that you were eliminated. Like I said maybe I'm just crazy...
    Yea, that's strange, b/c I would think you would have failed based on Adderall being an amphetamine, but ffdino is right in that they are required to give you the opportunity to explain yourself. But who the hell knows. I would tell you to call down there and talk to Ms Hammond, but that doesn't seem to be too easy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bagosoxgo View Post
    Thanks for finding that man.

Dalsh- I called down there last Friday and asked her if I had any loos ends to tie up and she told me I was fine but she answered me so quickly I don't think should could have possibly actually looked me up, and I know she didn't actually physically look at my file.

I know they would have to notify me I'm just being paranoid and wondering if they didn't by mistake.

Forum Member

That's why I asked about CPAT location. I spoke to her today and she asked me where I took test. I told her NIP for some reason and she asked are you sure. Then I realized I said the first testing location that came to mind. I passed at SUFD and told her that and after a long pause she told me that they continuing with checks and I will be called soon.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by keefus View Post
    That's why I asked about CPAT location. I spoke to her today and she asked me where I took test. I told her NIP for some reason and she asked are you sure. Then I realized I said the first testing location that came to mind. I passed at SUFD and told her that and after a long pause she told me that they continuing with checks and I will be called soon.
    That's really weird. I took mine at NIPSTA.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by keefus View Post
    Took mine at NIPSTA
    Last edited by ffdino88; 08-29-2013 at 11:27 PM.

Forum Member

So what's the new theory? If you took your CPAT at NIPSTA during the month of May, on a Tuesday or Thursday before 10 am and your time was under 9 minutes and you were on day 1, 3, or 5 of processing at Fire Academy South, then you got called by BI.........Someone prove this theory wrong!

Forum Member

Guys, you are all overthinking this entire process. They move, at their pace, and if you want the job, you deal with it. It sucks, it sucks bad, but I can tell you, the more you call, the more on the radar you are putting yourself. If something comes back as a strike against you, they are required to let you know. Otherwise, it's a waiting game. And the waiting could lead a person to drink. You are also at the will of processing of the cross overs. That 10% that you all keep rattling off, remember, that's a minimum. Sadly, both sides, EMS and FS&R are both terribly short handed when it comes to Medics and truth be told, they'd rather be short handed on the EMS side because it's easier and less expensive for the city to pay overtime to a single roll medic. The other thing you have to think about is the issue of manning coming up on the next contract negotiation. There is a good possibility that they could work this out as a reduction by way of attrition.

But, with all of the older guys leaving or taking the 55 and out, then factoring in the 111 that just came on, they are going to need both young guys that are aggressive to do the job, and also these guys and gals that are crossing over, because they know the job and the transition is easy for them.

Thread Information