Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    So what's the new theory? If you took your CPAT at NIPSTA during the month of May, on a Tuesday or Thursday before 10 am and your time was under 9 minutes and you were on day 1, 3, or 5 of processing at Fire Academy South, then you got called by BI.........Someone prove this theory wrong!
    Lol, no from my conversation with KH I thought maybe calls were going by test location, so they could verify all with the test location at once. Instead of going back and forth between locations, for the people that took it on their own.

Forum Member

In other news the Bears cut Tom Zibikowski so it looks like his career path was decided for him.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chigo23 View Post
    In other news the Bears cut Tom Zibikowski so it looks like his career path was decided for him.
    I wonder if he has been contacted by his BI?

Forum Member

I told you guys. He's done playin pro ball.

Forum Member

So I've been in contact with my BI and he seems overwhelmed and highly unorganized. He is a nice guy, but this process requires more attention to detail. For example, I turned in everything necessary in the initial packet and he STILL needed me to provide cell, electric, and gas bills. I also recently got a new car and turned in the registration down at Quinn. For all I know that was immediately filed in the garbage because there is no record of me turning it in. I think above all else, this process is an example of how government works. Things operate at a snail's pace, there is zero accountability, and people suffer because of it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JR1980 View Post
    So I've been in contact with my BI and he seems overwhelmed and highly unorganized. He is a nice guy, but this process requires more attention to detail. For example, I turned in everything necessary in the initial packet and he STILL needed me to provide cell, electric, and gas bills. I also recently got a new car and turned in the registration down at Quinn. For all I know that was immediately filed in the garbage because there is no record of me turning it in. I think above all else, this process is an example of how government works. Things operate at a snail's pace, there is zero accountability, and people suffer because of it.
    were you contacted today?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chigo23 View Post
    were you contacted today?
    Friday. Been faxing since

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 08:37 PM.
    ffdino88 likes this.

JMH
    Forum Member

anyone have any idea how many people are left in this process?

Forum Member

I would have to say at least 400 outside of the women.

Forum Member

Unreal. Make it all the way through FP and get passed up by guys who are months into the process. I'm still holding out that the process will still be in my favor, cause people keep telling me so, but its tough to see it happening..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BODE View Post
    Unreal. Make it all the way through FP and get passed up by guys who are months into the process. I'm still holding out that the process will still be in my favor, cause people keep telling me so, but its tough to see it happening..
    I'm lost for words....
    Last edited by ffdino88; 08-30-2013 at 12:26 AM.

Forum Member

^ right!?! My wife wants to scream!

Forum Member

2ndgen I'm with you brother last two ssn is 69 fp once still no word as I stated I called and miss Hammond said should hear from Bi.. and still nothing.. told her that I want Nov class and she said I have a solid chance just don't fail medical..which I shouldn't. But still haven't heard a peep..

Forum Member

^ there's a lot of us that feel the way he does. I'm a 79 with a 1100 RAN, FP'er. What scares me is the City can do as they please. Numbers fill files and file cabinets. When they get the persons they need, regardless of how they got em, then that's it. It's happened before.

Forum Member

Since this Sunday is the 1st that means today was the last day to get CPAT turned in so the candidate pool can only get smaller from here on out.

Forum Member

FPers aren't the only ones who are frustrated. turned in my interest card end of 2009 and then passed the PAT in January 2010; turned down a good job out of state and bought a house in the city because i thought getting on the department was imminent. fast forward over three years later and i'm still playing the waiting game. i get that those who were in final processing were closer, but there are others who made life-altering decisions based on the assumption that they were going to get a shot.
    airforcefiredawg likes this.

JMH
    Forum Member

What does this next physical consist of...I feel like people keep saying alot of people are going to fail. What are the requirements, how do you actually fail?

Forum Member

^ I personally know a guy that failed Medical due to high cholesterol. A real fit guy with bad blood. Passed him up, but made another Class when they were banging them out a few years back..

Forum Member

We have a conditional offer of employment in hand.. They had intention in hiring us.. The question is how can we get tossed back in a random pool think that is the question that will have to be answered.

Forum Member

Because it's the city and they do what they want, because they can. File a lawsuit and they settle, what do they have to lose. One day you'll understand, it's out of your hands. All you can do is wait until the next step.

Meanwhile, for those of you that make it, I'll see you on the first day of academy and remember, you just never know who is watching this thread or posting here.

Forum Member

^ in that case, if staff of CFD is moderating this forum, get your
    s h i t together..my kids could do a better job!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BODE View Post
    ^ in that case, if staff of CFD is moderating this forum, get your
    s h i t together..my kids could do a better job!
    Seriously dude? If you don't like the ride......get off.
    chigo23 likes this.

Forum Member

It is what it is. Deal with it or don't.

Forum Member

Meanwhile, for those of you that make it, I'll see you on the first day of academy and remember, you just never know who is watching this thread or posting here.[/QUOTE]

that is very cryptic...

Thread Information