Like Tree285Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

There will still be a class no doubt. This also means guys pushing 38, guys moving their families and altering their lives to get in this November class all did it for nothing. I hope that's not the case but they're slowly testing people's patience and leaving the door open for another law suite of some sort. We hear it everyday from a few in here who actually have an argument. Can you imagine the guy or women who has no shot at ever getting on but wanting to sue?

I just hope when they do finally start the class there and second or 3rd shortly after. The majority of us should be good if that happens.

Forum Member

Chigo23, did better on the test? Doubt it. Pretty sure I didn't get anything wrong. I am an advocate for right and wrong, and forgive me if it looks like I'm calling people out.
    I want the job to go to who deserves it. Meaning us, in the process who've done everything that they've asked. To bring up people who are behind me in the process is goofy. Sure they'd take my number if they could but I happen to get a good number. Not my fault. Other than that, unless you've been through what my group has gone through in the process please refrain from your ignorance. I can moan all I want. And deservedly at that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    There will still be a class no doubt. This also means guys pushing 38, guys moving their families and altering their lives to get in this November class all did it for nothing. I hope that's not the case but they're slowly testing people's patience and leaving the door open for another law suite of some sort. We hear it everyday from a few in here who actually have an argument. Can you imagine the guy or women who has no shot at ever getting on but wanting to sue?

I just hope when they do finally start the class there and second or 3rd shortly after. The majority of us should be good if that happens.
    I agree, if they can swing another two classes after the november class (if it actually happens) I think we all should stand a decent chance. Does anyone have a link to the current department budget or does anyone know the current overtime budget for this fiscal year? It would be nice to compare the OT budget over the last few years. I thought last year was doubled but I could be wrong.

Basically it's going to come down to what the union is willing to give up or what the arbitrator decides. I think June 2014 the contract officially expires. If they drop each engine and truck house to 9 instead of 10, that is a good number of spots. Also does anyone know the current number of vacancies with in the department, before and after these current promotions? If anyone with a source has a chance, it'd be nice to hear what's going on as far as how many of us are getting called or if everyone that has been called over the last two weeks are it. I guess what I'm saying is I wonder if more calls will go out this week, or if everyone that's going to be called has been called and that's it until another academy is approved?

Hope this ramble made sense, just trying to gauge the likely hood of anymore BI calls going on this week. I'm still praying but idk, looking dimmer and dimmer as each day passes.

Forum Member

Its turning into a reality tv show.. life in the cfd waiting list..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BODE View Post
    Dalsh, are you a member of the women's lawsuit?
    Good one......

Forum Member

^ just bustin balls..I gotta relax, this s h i t is making me nuts..

Forum Member

LOL
    I think all of us are a bit "on edge".

Forum Member

BODE,

You will be the one that will be easily picked out on the first day, should you happen to be there. I can assume you'll have the knee pads on and inflated ego. Remember, check your ego at the door.
    JMH likes this.

Forum Member

Were the CPAT cards supposed to be turned in by Sept 1st or October 1st? With all the changes I cant remember what they were extended to. I personally know someone who failed all 3 chances but that person seems to think they can continue trying until Sept 30th on their own. I said they were due by Sept 1st but now I am not 100% sure.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Forum Member

One more day and still no phone call. Maybe now that the cpat are due things will start to mob faster with the calls.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    Looks like I've been missing all the good stuff. Got a text from a buddy to come check the site out and watch the p i s s i n g contest goin on in here. lol Just f u c k i n g with u guys. Every single one of the 17,000+ have the right to b i t c h and moan, some more than others. Say what you want, but just as BODE and NBSMITH, I was a part of the Jan 09 interest card guys and I was hired and then released due to budget days before the Aug 17 2009 class. So yes, a few of us have a right to be more ****ed off and b i t c h more than others. The bottom line, and I've said this a few time(back on the 200 or 300 pages), the CFD can do whatever the f u c k they want and the city is a joke now cuz of how they're handling this. When and/or if I get passed up or if our lists gets tossed out(highly doubt that), I'm torn on whether I will really sue. And if I sued I don't think i'd take the job. I'd take the money and walk away flicking the bird at CFD. That's basically what they've done to us for the last 4.5 years.

On a different note, I haven't heard anything and haven't called in a week or two. So maybe later this week if I still hear nothing I will call the Investigator I know and Miss Hammond again. I may just go down to talk to her in person. It's a very bitter/sweet time we are all in right now. Hurry up and wait basically, just like the previous 3 times I've done this.

Well, thanks for the entertainment guys. Can't wait (HOPEFULLY) to meet most of u. So who here is gonna come fwd with who they are when/if we get into the academy? I'm gonna wear a HELLO MY NAME IS______! sticker on my shirt. hahahahahaha jk
    I will certainly come forward if/when we get in. I dont think I made any enemies on here LOL. At least I hope i didn't. I keep thinking those who haven't anything yet, will hear soon. At least I hope so. A lot depends on how many passed the CPAT. My only fear now is that there are even more who have passed and we are now in an even bigger pile than we were before. Who knows. I am already coming to terms with the fact that I may not get hired or even hear anything. It's the only thing I can do. It has been a long journey and hopefully it has a good outcome. My wife and I are expecting at the end of the month. So I am now going to be a dad. With my job laying off, it would be a relief to hear something. Especially now that I will have a little one to care for. Oh well. I will keep chugging along as I always have in the past.

Forum Member

One more day and still no phone call. Maybe now that the cpat are due things will start to move faster with the calls.

Forum Member

CPAT cards were due September 1st, that is the push back date from the original August 1st date. I'm not really sure if you are required to turn them in or if the proctor notifies the CFD as I didn't go that route. I just assumed maybe CFD is getting a big pass/fail list from NIPSTA/SUFD today, but no clue.

I have no issues coming forward. I already met some of you in processing I know, b/c I was talking about my wedding in October and a couple guys were like, oh, you're the guy from the forum getting married in October. Not too long ago, I actually thought my wedding might get in the way of CFD in early October......

Forum Member

Man if I were in Chicago I would have my seat next to you guys at the local watering hole. Hope soon you all seem like a great group of people..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    CPAT cards were due September 1st, that is the push back date from the original August 1st date. I'm not really sure if you are required to turn them in or if the proctor notifies the CFD as I didn't go that route. I just assumed maybe CFD is getting a big pass/fail list from NIPSTA/SUFD today, but no clue.

I have no issues coming forward. I already met some of you in processing I know, b/c I was talking about my wedding in October and a couple guys were like, oh, you're the guy from the forum getting married in October. Not too long ago, I actually thought my wedding might get in the way of CFD in early October......
    Yeah I'm not sure what the process is for those who went the CFD route. I know that if you went the CFD route you could not use the CPAT for any other department. So I assume they didn't get cards llike those of us who took it on our own.

Forum Member

Looking forward to meeting alot of you too........im the guy in bright blue spandex with a perm.

Forum Member

correct me if i'm wrong but the last two weeks there haven't been any calls on mondays. maybe with the holiday calls are bumped back a day and some of our phones should start ringing tomorrow.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Forum Member

Congrats ahead of time bud. My gf and I actually just put in an offer on a condo in Edison Park. All things are lining up to move back to the city. Mainly for CFD, again, but also cuz I hate it in aurora. haha Moved in with her a year ago and now she wants to live the city life, even tho yes I know, Edison Park isn't really the "city". But its one of the best school districts around. Oh, and I'll definitely let it be known that I'm 2ndgencfd when/if I get in. It'll be nice to bust some balls of some guys I feel I've gotten to know over the last 4+ years on here. Pretty sure I already know who Dalsh is. You were waiting while I was doing my CPAT. I left before u started urs. Didn't know it was u until u posted later that day.
    2ndGen - couldnt help but notice.....im right in your neck of the woods buddy (Naperville/Plainfield) - we too, are looking into Ed Park.

Forum Member

Congrats ahead of time bud. My gf and I actually just put in an offer on a condo in Edison Park. All things are lining up to move back to the city. Mainly for CFD, again, but also cuz I hate it in aurora. haha Moved in with her a year ago and now she wants to live the city life, even tho yes I know, Edison Park isn't really the "city". But its one of the best school districts around. Oh, and I'll definitely let it be known that I'm 2ndgencfd when/if I get in. It'll be nice to bust some balls of some guys I feel I've gotten to know over the last 4+ years on here. Pretty sure I already know who Dalsh is. You were waiting while I was doing my CPAT. I left before u started urs. Didn't know it was u until u posted later that day.
    Thanks a lot!

Forum Member

Stop stalking me 2ndGen. I know two guys on the job that live up in Ed Park.

I'm a lifelong south sider, will probably be in Bridgeport for life, regardless of CFD, but we'll see, never know if the future wife will have something to say about that, but for now she loves the city life too, but we're still in our 20s.

Forum Member

I thought most people here already had kids and bought an overpriced house in city? Guess I'm in the minority of dummies.Lol
    Last edited by keefus; 09-03-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by keefus View Post
    I thought most people here already had kids and bought an overpriced house in city? Guess I'm in the minority of dummies.
    Lol - Ive got kids, but not moving until medical is passed. Its crazy what 300k gets you in the city versus the sticks......but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by keefus View Post
    I thought most people here already had kids and bought an overpriced house in city? Guess I'm in the minority of dummies.Lol
    Yea, I have no clue what the average age of everyone is, I would assume I am in the younger group, but I always got the sense that most people on here lived outside the city.

Thread Information