Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Forum Member

Fireparamedic, I digress...I checked myself, don't need an Internet hard-on like you telling me so..proud of my ego, worked hard for it..you must be a picked on fat kid. Again, I digress, leave it at that.

Forum Member

I would def come forward with who I am on here. If I had to do this all over I wouldn't want to go through it alone. Lol. I actually appreciate everything everyone has brought to the forums. I think we've seen every type of guy on the list on here. From being too old to being on the verge of finally getting the job. And the occasional melt down followed by one of the classic posts to date. Wouldn't change a thing!!! Hell we should just all meet up one day for a drink for a laugh. Lol

Forum Member

Well said Shadez - this forum in itself is like it's own firehouse in a way....different type personalities, different viewpoints, differing opinions, yet at the end of the day, we're all here for the same goal.

Forum Member

Just had my BI home visit. I tried to get answers out of him regarding the hiring process, but all I got was that he thinks the Nov academy is still on. It seems like the BI's just do their own thing and aren't really connected to or knowledgeable about hiring. One piece of advice I can give when it comes to the BI is get in touch with your investigator and help him do his job. I've had a LOT of jobs in my life and I had to track some of my employers down to fill out his employment verification forms. He made it sound like getting the forms filled out quickly was good. Things are moving along.....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JR1980 View Post
    Just had my BI home visit. I tried to get answers out of him regarding the hiring process, but all I got was that he thinks the Nov academy is still on. It seems like the BI's just do their own thing and aren't really connected to or knowledgeable about hiring. One piece of advice I can give when it comes to the BI is get in touch with your investigator and help him do his job. I've had a LOT of jobs in my life and I had to track some of my employers down to fill out his employment verification forms. He made it sound like getting the forms filled out quickly was good. Things are moving along.....
    Good to hear.....congrats on being one step closer

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BODE View Post
    Fireparamedic, I digress...I checked myself, don't need an Internet hard-on like you telling me so..proud of my ego, worked hard for it..you must be a picked on fat kid. Again, I digress, leave it at that.
    You may have worked hard for it, but you've yet to earn it kid.

Forum Member

^ I have to disagree. I think we been working to earn every step of this "process" again. But haven't got our chance to get off the bench just yet..
    Last edited by nbsmith28; 09-04-2013 at 09:36 AM.

Forum Member

Seriously, no one has earned anything yet. You've made it through some steps in processing, ok. Next big step is to get through the academy, even when you step up to the podium and shake hands with with whomever the Commish may be and Mayor 9.5, you still haven't earned anything. You earn something when you prove yourself at your house, with your guys. In the meantime, deal with what is handed to you or go away and make room for someone that knows and understands the routine and what it means to be in the fire service.

Oh, and for you kids talking about a lawsuit, you've got nothing to stand on. There is a new sheriff in town that will no longer settle prior to litigation, so you may have quite an expensive fight on your hands.

Carry on.

Forum Member

Fireparamedic

Why do you keep calling us kids? How old are you?

Forum Member

^ he must be on the job and has nothing better to do but show us "kids" how "cool" he is..what a stroke.

Forum Member

Just got called by my BI. Quick conversation. She was very nice.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ILFFPM View Post
    Well good to hear calls are continuing.

Forum Member

Spoke with my investigator this morning.....nothing more needed from me at this point.

No info on classes or anything....was told that is handled by personnel division.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BODE View Post
    ^ he must be on the job and has nothing better to do but show us "kids" how "cool" he is..what a stroke.
    You'll find out, if you make it that far. I can see what kind of folks are possibly coming in with this group. If this forum gets you riled up, you'll have a grand time at the academy. I hope you run your mouth as much there as you do on here.

Although, now that the Mayor is calling for a 10% cut in spending for CPD, I wouldn't expect anything less than that from CFD. Good luck from the Devil's advocate.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ILFFPM View Post
    ILFFPM where do you live? Did BI's last name start with s?

Forum Member

^ useless rhetoric..after everything this group has been through, we'll go into the Academy and be the best Classes yet..

Forum Member

BODE Oh, I can't wait. You'll be easy to pick out. Either you'll have your knee pads ready or you'll **** yourself as soon as someone gets in your face and lights you up.

JMH
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by keefus View Post
    ILFFPM where do you live? Did BI's last name start with s?
    Keefus, I had a women last name started with an S, I live in the burbs.

Forum Member

Same here and burbs for me as well.

Forum Member

Firewoman go away already will ya..you proved you got picked on. Ill be just fine. Guaranteed.
    JMH likes this.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:36 PM.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:36 PM.

Forum Member

I raised this question before as to those mentioning suit as far as on what grounds. I mean, you can't sue the city, b/c they made you take the CPAT, which was the result of previous litigation. 2ndGen, no clue your background, but AA and women are minorities, so that's what they had going for them. If you are a white male, good luck my friend. As I have said many times on this forum. The lawsuits suck and seem like BS, but especially with the AA suit, the city definitely dropped the ball, not only in the handling of the results, but also in the handling of the litigation and there was certainly a disparate impact as a result of what they did. Legally speaking, the ruling was probably correct, though it may suck.

There's not even any proof that they aren't still going in the random number order anyway, that's only speculation. Hell, none of us might even ever be hired and then we have no grounds to sue, since we were not held from anything. They sent you a letter, if you're still interested, show up. If you showed up, you said, alright CFD, I'm ready to get ran through the spin cycle again.....

Thread Information