Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 378 of 556 FirstFirst ... 278328368375376377378379380381388428478 ... LastLast
Results 7,541 to 7,560 of 11109
Like Tree283Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey all haven't posted on this one in a while but did anyone read the suntimes today? It has more bad news about the discrimination case and the NEW total that it will cost the city.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/1590229...-expected.html

Forum Member

With the 111 group soon graduating, well most of them, I don't see the city waiting too long before a new class goes in. Those with injuries and problems passing the test probably won't be put on hold for months as I'm sure the city will be under pressure to pass them and get it over with. So, those of us waiting on FP should be hearing something soon.

Forum Member

I sure hope we hear something.

Forum Member

So I contacted The City of Chicago Human Resources and they transferred me to FD personel. I told them my status on the eligibility list, Jan 2010 PAT, and asked my current status. I was told told there is no new test planned and we are still eligible for hire. I was also told that they have recieved alot of calls regarding this after the commissioner's remarks in the newspaper on Monday. As of right now nothing has changed.
    But of course that is the cookie cutter answer. That could all change.

Way to make us feel better Teddy. After reading all the post from the last 3 pages my emotions went up and down and ended on an up swing again thanks to your post. Whew!!!! I'll stop back in on Nov. 1st. That was too much of a roller coaster ride for me. lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    Way to make us feel better Teddy. After reading all the post from the last 3 pages my emotions went up and down and ended on an up swing again thanks to your post. Whew!!!! I'll stop back in on Nov. 1st. That was too much of a roller coaster ride for me. lol
    Yeah I hope that is good news. Of course she wouldn't tell me too much, but as of right now things are not changing. Even the lady from Chicago Human resources said she has not been given any information regarding a new test. And they have to approve and review these types of things.
    I was bounced to about 5 different people. So, at least for now, we still have hope.

Forum Member

It has been almost 4 years since anyone was hired from our 2006 exam. When I took the PAT in Jan 2010 I figured I would be hired at some point. I even bought a home inthe city so that I wouldnt have to scramble when I was called for residency. I never expected it handed to me an I understand that I was never offered employment but still I didnt want to risk not being able to move into the city.
    Now I have a house that is not worth nearly as much as I paid for it. LOL
    I'm sure alot of people have a similar story. I justhope I am given the oppurtunity to at least move on in the process.
    I often feel like the city forgot about us. If they have so many vacancies coming up, there is no reason to not at least give us a shot. I mean we would be a quick fix to the vacancies. If they have say 400 vacancies coming up, there are at least 200-300 people ready. With age and people who have moved on, I wonder how many of us are really left. 4 years is a long time to wait.
    Its a shame but hopefully we hear something.

Forum Member

And another lawsuit has been filed by african american women who were part of the lewis case from 1995 saying the pat is unfair. They are connected to the other group of women suing as well. Here is the link http://www.suntimes.com/news/cityhal...ters-exam.html

Forum Member

Don't see that one going anywhere they should go to cpat then they can't cry when they fail..

Forum Member

this is ridiculous.. I feel bad for Chicago.. I would see a problem if one of the requirements was **** push-ups.. but I don't recall that being part of their PAT.

Forum Member

Chicago just experienced a lodd from a flashover in an attic and another member in a serious condition. Prayers go out to them.

Forum Member

Thoughts and prayers go out to his family. A tragedy for CFD.

Forum Member

CFD lost another member in the line of duty last night....

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...178850811.html

RIP brother

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    Oh and one more thing.
    The military make-up exam for the FF/Emt exam is october 27th 2012.
    I cannot see a reason for this exam if they were not planning on hiring more from our test.
    I verified this on the Chicago HR website
    I ran into a guy from my old neighborhood over the weekend and he told me he tried to to contact the City HR for the military make up exam scheduled for October and was told that the exam will not be held. He tried to get the lady to elaborate and she more or less said they will not be hiring off of the 2006 exam any longer. His father is on the job and was the one who told him to try and register.
    She did not tell him there will be a new exam only that the current list is set to expire.
    Take it for what it is worth. I know he missed the registration date and was trying to get in regardless. The lady was kind of like "dont worry you didnt miss anything". I didnt even bother to ask who he spoke with. At this point I am just waiting for the city to send the letter saying I am no longer being considered. I hate to post this especially since I am not 100% but when I went on the city HR website to find anything and there is nothing. Not even the old post for the exam.
    Again, my source is not 100% and it could be that he didnt wake up to take the exam as his father is trying to get him to do anything since he returned home more than 3 years ago. But its what I heard. If anyone knows differently please post. Until then I am going with my gut and moving on as if I already know that I will not be hired.

Forum Member

Actually the city does not even have to send a letter saying that this list is expired they just move on. Read the article about the group of guys off the 95 list who had done all the processing and were left out. Sounds just like us. wait and see I suppose is all we can do.

Forum Member

Well to put this to a positive spin, it could mean that we ALL get another chance! I know if they do offer the exam I'm in!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    Well to put this to a positive spin, it could mean that we ALL get another chance! I know if they do offer the exam I'm in!
    At 33 I do not have too much time left. I will take it and hopefully get hired. But remember the exam is at least a year away. That really hampers me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ILFFPM View Post
    Actually the city does not even have to send a letter saying that this list is expired they just move on. Read the article about the group of guys off the 95 list who had done all the processing and were left out. Sounds just like us. wait and see I suppose is all we can do.
    This is true. I forgot about that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    At 33 I do not have too much time left. I will take it and hopefully get hired. But remember the exam is at least a year away. That really hampers me.
    Take it from a guy whose city and dream job are going through similar issues, if you have the will their is a way.

Forum Member

The last time I called the FD HR they told me our test was still valid. But that was over a month ago. With good news, there is always bad news. I dont 100% fully trust the guy I spoke with but I guess after so many years the FD just wants to start over. Oh well. I called FD HR before and I refuse to call again. If anyone else does call, let us know what you hear.

Thread Information