Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ILFFPM View Post
    His initial call was one day prior to his home visit? And did they contact his employers etc? Thank you for your help
    Yeah. But he is currently a city employee so I'm sure that made it much easier and faster to verify his employment.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fireparamedic View Post
    That's right Keefus, I did comment on that. Why? Because CFD just isn't what it used to be. I'll leave it at that and let you make your own assumptions and guesses as to who I am. But, I'll say it again, be careful what you post, because all it takes is someone with a few good IT people to figure things out.
    You're a nobody, I will leave it at that. You have IT people? PM me my address. Actually I give you permission to post my address.
    Last edited by keefus; 09-04-2013 at 10:56 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2002 View Post
    a couple of quick things I wanted to share....first off good news, both my friend and I received calls to report to Clinton for our medicals!! so it is still moving along. second, I hear a lot of talks about people suing if we don't get hired. I don't know what kind of argument we have about them going out of order for the random numbers, but I don't think we have a leg to stand on with the change in physical. I remember seeing something on line that stated that if the city does not hire off a list for a fire or police academy for one full year, that on the 366th day they can change any phases or requirements for testing. it has been well over a year since Aug 17th 2009...so I think legally they are in the clear on the change to CPAT
    Hey Goldie, when is your medical scheduled? I am just curious how much time they space them out. Thanks

Forum Member

I have to report to Clinton street Friday for medical, my roommate told me that this is just to set up my medical and most likely p*** test again.

Forum Member

Jet is going down to FAS tomorrow for medical - got called yesterday afternoon.

Just wear shirt,tie; (the usual) and a photo id.

I wonder how many are reporting tomorrow?

Forum Member

His initial call was one day prior to his home visit? And did they contact his employers etc? Thank you for your help

I was called on a thursday and had my home visit tuesday. They called two of my references, called the job to verify employment and how long I have worked there, they will question everything... our HR manager said i was there 17 yrs and they responded "he has 15 yrs there" so he had to pull out the records and confirm. There was mis-communication on my end for the home visit, they came while I was on my way home but luckily someone was there to let them in and they just do a quick tour of the house to make sure I live there. There was some paperwork that I had to resend (DD214 form that I am most sure that I gave them three copies and they still had from 2009, but whatever) and that was the last I heard from them. They said that they will pass it along to personnel, so I dont know who makes the decision to move you along, them or personnel.

Forum Member

Bags thank you. Did u get called for medical?

Forum Member

Bags thank you. Did u get called for medical?

No call for medical but I always seem to be a few days behind the first people who get called first.

Forum Member

For the fellas who are going to schedule the medical tomorrow, congrats and can you let us know how many people are there to schedule em. Thank you.

Forum Member

For the fellas who are going to schedule the medical tomorrow, congrats and can you let us know how many people are there to schedule em. Thank you.
    Will do ILFFPM - hopefully tomorrow yields some good info. for everyone

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2002 View Post
    I have to report to Clinton street Friday for medical, my roommate told me that this is just to set up my medical and most likely p*** test again.
    Goldie - all we have to bring with us is photo ID correct?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    Will do ILFFPM - hopefully tomorrow yields some good info. for
    everyone
    Try and find out how many passed the cpat

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    Goldie - all we have to bring with us is photo ID correct?
    I didn't get a call, but just going to add you might want to bring a black ball point pen, it's always good to have one of those on you.

Let us all know if you can dig any info out of them tomorrow.

JMH
    Forum Member

oh and all you guys should wear jeans and sandals too
    Shadez and nbsmith28 like this.

Forum Member

http://www.suntimes.com/news/cityhal...hter-test.html I'm just going to leave this here.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 08:35 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    That's some bull**** man. Like I said, looks like the only way to get on is by lawsuit. bull sh it
    Well they still have to pass the CPAT. From what we have been hearing, not too many have done so.

Still no call for me today. I am guessing I won't hear anything.Not this round anyways. I asked my buddy to let me know what he finds out when he reports to Clinton street tomorrow. I'll keep you guys posted.

Forum Member

I never really read into the women's lawsuit, but they(lawyer) claimed PAT was purely an upperbody test? What kind of lawyers does the city have working for them? Another thing if I'm reading it right, she hasn't passed CPAT yet, but will get to take it later? After her maternity leave which shouldn't apply.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    Well they still have to pass the CPAT. From what we have been hearing, not too many have done so.

Still no call for me today. I am guessing I won't hear anything.Not this round anyways. I asked my buddy to let me know what he finds out when he reports to Clinton street tomorrow. I'll keep you guys posted.
    yeah. not much of what that article said was really news to anyone on this board, i'm guessing.

for one thing, i don't think that the original physical test was gender biased. i feel like most every department in the country was running the cpat and chicago had its own little home brew test that you didn't know exactly what the pass/fail requirements were and so you could have left thinking you just completely did the most amazing job ever and then get a letter six weeks later sayi ng that you failed and you're left scratching your head. chicago was clearly on some bull*****, but that does not constitute gender bias. anyone could have failed arbitrarily since they didn't let anyone know what the passing requirements are.

going to the cpat was the right call.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    oh and all you guys should wear jeans and sandals too
    Oh yea, what the hell was I thinking! It's going to be a long day too, so you probably want to take some sort of amphetamine to get you through it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    Oh yea, what the hell was I thinking! It's going to be a long day too, so you probably want to take some sort of amphetamine to get you through it.
    and since its Friday, it's probably causal day, call everyone dude.

Forum Member

yes that lawsuit news is not really any news to most of us. I brought up the 2M that would be split among the 50 women that were over the cutoff age months ago, but it wasn't officially ordered yet. As for them being given more time to pass the CPAT. As I have mentioned before, the lawsuit women had two choices. They could go through a CPAT program, which allowed them until December to pass, but would not processed for this first class this fall (if it happens) or they could defer the December deadline and go through processing with all of us with the 8/1, which became 9/1 deadline.

Didn't read the suit, but if somehow it proved that the majority of women failed on the bicep curl test or whatever the test is called where you pedal with your hands and the city had not grounds to the req's of those tests, I suppose they could be granted the judgment based on the disparate impact, just like the AA when they cut out those that passed the written in 1995 but were below a score of 89.

Forum Member

yeah, photo ID...I am also bringing a black pen and pencil, I have brought them to everything. I will also have a copy of all my paperwork and anything they have ever asked my for in my car just in case. trying to cover all the bases. I don't want to delay this at all. My roommate was just telling me that the group starting medicals is who they have slated for Nov class. He said they are also telling the instructors to expect to be down there for a march/april class. that the guess going to instruct will be there for 2 classes, so I am guessing those who haven't been contacted for BIs and medical are being slated for that second class.

Forum Member

At this point I don't see any reason to think anymore of us will be contacted regarding the first class. Now this could change as people get elimintated by the medical but in all honesty I don't assume that will be too many.

Good luck to those going today.

Forum Member

No call for me yet and I am a Jan 09 guy. Passed my CPAT at the end of July with the city paying for it. Not worth yelling at each other about this or putting each other down. It sucks, but I am not going to sue about it, either. Unless I find something that is awfully bad.

Thread Information