Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 380 of 552 FirstFirst ... 280330370377378379380381382383390430480 ... LastLast
Results 7,581 to 7,600 of 11028
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Just an FYI there is rumors going around for a mar or apr class off our list. Im not getting my hopes up by any means but its something.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ILFFPM View Post
    Just an FYI there is rumors going around for a mar or apr class off our list. Im not getting my hopes up by any means but its something.
    Alright.....now we're talking! Some good news. I know it's very easy to get discouraged....but good things come to those who wait.....eventually. We all just need to stay positive and remember we're all in this together. Let's get through these upcoming holidays and hopefully the new year brings some mail and phone calls. I have a feeling due to the time that has passed the 2010 PAT'ers will be grouped with the FP guys.

Stay positive, keep hitting the gym, and remember..........
    WHO ARE WE???
    Soon to be C F D

Forum Member

I mean its good to be positive but as usually happens good news comes crashing down by bad news. Im just praying i/we get in in march or april. not getting hopes up

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    Alright.....now we're talking! Some good news. I know it's very easy to get discouraged....but good things come to those who wait.....eventually. We all just need to stay positive and remember we're all in this together. Let's get through these upcoming holidays and hopefully the new year brings some mail and phone calls. I have a feeling due to the time that has passed the 2010 PAT'ers will be grouped with the FP guys.

Stay positive, keep hitting the gym, and remember..........
    WHO ARE WE???
    Soon to be C F D
    You got me stoked. Might have to hit the gym twice today. lol Good stuff man.

Forum Member

Though I have no good news or bad news.. Merry Christmas everyone. Hope the New Year is better for us.
    Last edited by nbsmith28; 12-24-2012 at 06:41 PM.

Forum Member

Spoke to some of my guys on the job over the holiday and they told me about 150 retired this past month and the LT test was ratified and promotions should be sometime 1rst quarter 2013.

Take form that what you want...just passing along some info

also, not for nothin' but they also told me there are a few of the 111 in the academy still.

MembersZone Subscriber

HAPPY NEW YEAR.... I hope that 2013 will bring us all some great news....

Forum Member

so the lieutenants list posted and there is rumors of promotions of all ranks as well as a class in spring. now i spoke to personnel and they don't deal in rumors but they did relate those rumors are out there. and that if there was another class to be had in the near future it would be us waiting for final processing. also that this all has to clear the budget department, so that is our hurdle right now if the positions requested get approved. lets all pull together and pray they do and we get on soon!

Forum Member

The Candidate Fire Paramedic and Candidate Firefighter/EMT

Graduation Ceremony

On Tuesday, the 22nd*of January

Two Thousand and Thirteen

At 12:30 in the Afternoon

at

Navy Pier – The Grand Ballroom

600 East Grand Avenue

Chicago, IL* 60611
    Was we. Browsing and ran across this. Just some info. Might be good might be nothing just putting it out there.. keeping some hope alive. Its medics and the rest of the 111.

Forum Member

Okay - just heard from buddy that is in the academy for work hardening after being out a few months due to injury.

#1 - sept class (fire side) - those that already did medical will need to do it again due to time that has passed.
    #2 - jan 10' pat'ers may be grouped in for Sept class - watch your mailboxes
    #3 - 2-3 more classes off the 06' list before its tossed- thats 2-3 more AFTER the Sept class

Take it for what its worth but its the best news in awhile

Btw- that 1/22 graduation is for those select few "gifted" individuals from the 111.

Forum Member

#1 - sept class (fire side) - those that already did medical will need to do it again due to time that has passed.

Seeing as how I turn 38 in June...this one will probably end being true

Forum Member

Rockgod im praying we get on before that man! we have gone through a lot and id feel terrible if you get knocked by age. Here is what i have heard obviously not gospel. 120 lts and 38 capts in feb. And that they should be reprocessing us soon for a class i heard two classes. I believe we are gonna have to redo pretty much everything maybe just a quick background. Now as far as the speculation of dates of the class i heard early to mid spring the other day, on here someone said sept. and i also heard july. obviously things can change and we may not get in who knows. But im praying we all get in soon and for rocks sake before june!! keep praying guys i know i am. Also 55 and out is still in effect so lots of guys retiring again this year. Oh also i heard no retest till 2014. so who knows.

Forum Member

Rockgod im praying we get on before that man! we have gone through a lot and id feel terrible if you get knocked by age. Here is what i have heard obviously not gospel. 120 lts and 38 capts in feb. And that they should be reprocessing us soon for a class i heard two classes. I believe we are gonna have to redo pretty much everything maybe just a quick background. Now as far as the speculation of dates of the class i heard early to mid spring the other day, on here someone said sept. and i also heard july. obviously things can change and we may not get in who knows. But im praying we all get in soon and for rocks sake before june!! keep praying guys i know i am. Also 55 and out is still in effect so lots of guys retiring again this year. Oh also i heard no retest till 2014. so who knows.
    By retest do you mean a new test or retest as far as physical and medical until 2014?

I have heard a few things as well and most of that lines up with what you guys are now saying. This is actually the first time I have checked this site in a while.
    I did hear that anyone in some type of processing will get a shot. We will be re-doing physicals and such. I heard new exam in April but I think we all agree that is probably a longshot.
    Glad to hear a little good news. Regardless, I am back in school now but I really hope to get hired for this job. Rockgod I really hope it is before June for your sake. You have waited too long to not get a chance and I am sure you are not alone.
    Last edited by teddyball; 01-17-2013 at 03:24 PM.

I'm hearing the same thing as you guys as far as an April class and figure there will be some open spots for a few of us January 2010 guys to sneak in this first class due to guys no longer interested, age, never updating thier file with address changes, ect.

I hope all of us get the shot one way or the other.

Forum Member

What i heard again not gospel but also not round table talk at firehouse, better sources than that. Was that the new exam will be in 2014, and that they want to get 2 more classes off this list. the dates of the academy are different from different people ive talked to, ive heard early mid spring, to july. Just an fyi the test in may of 06 was announced oct 05. so 7 months lead time for advertising etc. im praying i/we get in soon (hopefully us waiting for FP all get in and before june) and if they do 2 classes the 2010 guys got a great shot to, heck even one class who knows whos all dropped out. again things can change dont get hopes up

Forum Member

What i heard again not gospel but also not round table talk at firehouse, better sources than that. Was that the new exam will be in 2014, and that they want to get 2 more classes off this list. the dates of the academy are different from different people ive talked to, ive heard early mid spring, to july. Just an fyi the test in may of 06 was announced oct 05. so 7 months lead time for advertising etc. im praying i/we get in soon (hopefully us waiting for FP all get in and before june) and if they do 2 classes the 2010 guys got a great shot to, heck even one class who knows whos all dropped out. again things can change dont get hopes up
    If there is one thing I learned my friend, its to not get my hopes up when it comes to this job. LOL Thanks for the info.
    If they do 2 classes we most certainly will get to the majority of people in processing. Remember for the Jan '10 physical, the city did not get the numbers they wanted from the first group so they had to have more people come in April to take the physical. So chances are good with 2 classes.

Forum Member

This is awesome news. I have also heard of classes this year and wanted to come on and share. The break down was anyone who has had all the medicals done, physical agility, and back grounds will get re-processed. Everyone will have to re-take the physical agility. The first class of people will fill current vacancies prior to the recent retirements and promotions.

Any class after will fill the remainder of old vacancies and start filling those spots of who retired and/or got promoted.

*They also said that most likely the re-test for the physical will be the pilot for the CPAT* Now that’s not 100% as they still have to put it in writing but they had a few line guys do the CPAT not that long ago.

Also they are going to start advertising this year for an up coming written. They will be using a diversity campaign.

Now this is not all set in stone nor is it gospel. I do however feel pretty good with this information; you can take it or leave it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jrog View Post
    This is awesome news. I have also heard of classes this year and wanted to come on and share. The break down was anyone who has had all the medicals done, physical agility, and back grounds will get re-processed. Everyone will have to re-take the physical agility. The first class of people will fill current vacancies prior to the recent retirements and promotions.

Any class after will fill the remainder of old vacancies and start filling those spots of who retired and/or got promoted.

*They also said that most likely the re-test for the physical will be the pilot for the CPAT* Now that’s not 100% as they still have to put it in writing but they had a few line guys do the CPAT not that long ago.

Also they are going to start advertising this year for an up coming written. They will be using a diversity campaign.

Now this is not all set in stone nor is it gospel. I do however feel pretty good with this information; you can take it or leave it.
    Thanks for the info. Hey Jrog, can you clarify what you mean by saying "They also said that most likely the re-test for the physical will be the pilot for the CPAT*" Also what do you mean by a few line guys?

Forum Member

I'd be happy to clarify. *They* are to me very reliable sources OTJ. One of my sources is an instructor that assisted with the first of the 111's class.

Also in regards to the CPAT. CFD doesn't do the CPAT. At the present certain groups have said that the current physical isn't job related, therefore it shouldn't be allowed.

CPAT is a proven certified Physical that would hold up in any court. Approved by the IAFF and the IAFC. Personally I think they are taking a page out of the FDNY's book.

Line guys = guys/gals who are OTJ.

Besides anything that can keep the hiring process and future processes rolling with out much or any litigation the better.

Forum Member

Hey guys...just thought I'd drop you this line. Not sure if this means anything, but it could be interesting.

Background information....Pleasantview FPD owns Southwest United Fire Districts (SUFD). SUFD used to do FF2 academies and other trainings, but now mainly runs and maintains a CPAT course.

Here is a link to PLVW's December meeting minutes:

http://plvw.org/Meeting%20Minutes/20...s/Dec_2012.pdf

Go down to Chief's Report...line 6: "Chief Doyle reported to the board about the CPAT meeting with the Chicago Fire Department. 100-200 Candidates that could possibly go through CPAT for testing."

Not sure if this is where CFD sent their FFs to "try out" the CPAT, or what. Just throwing this out there....

Thread Information