Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

I took mine in May and turned it in right away.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BODE View Post
    They can't cherry pick people.
    I wish this was true.

Forum Member

Well maybe there still on may cpat.. I got mine done in may as well.. you go to sufd?

Forum Member

Just got word that the girl who started this past women's lawsuit failed the drug test. Haa..and the Captain I just talked to who's son is a FP'er hasn't been called for BI either. Ill take that info and run with it..

Forum Member

BODE, you just made my day...I was hoping she would fail the CPAT to show it wasn't the physical, she was just not in shape. But failing the drug test is even better!!!

Forum Member

Just got word that the girl who started this past women's lawsuit failed the drug test. Haa..and the Captain I just talked to who's son is a FP'er hasn't been called for BI either. Ill take that info and run with it..
    When was she drug tested? In the paper last week, the lead plaintiff was still in the CPAT process. Would be ironic if true.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 08:34 PM.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 08:31 PM.

Forum Member

another week of waiting for the phone to ring. the pharmacy called last week from a 312 number i didn't recognize to tell me a prescription was ready and i nearly had a heart attack.
    Shadez, nbsmith28 and CFDhopeful like this.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    Time to be proactive. Not waiting while others pass me up anymore. Update u guys in a few hours.
    Oh Sh** is he going down to Clinton armed?

Just messing, let us know 2ndGen

Forum Member

good luck, I emailed and called and got nothing as of today.

Forum Member

ffdino88 likes this.

Forum Member

Forum Member

spoke with Miss Hammond in person.the medical director supposedly was not in today and she said she was confused as to why I have not been called by him yet.she did give him my name directly today and asked him to call me tomorrow to clear things up first thing. I asked her if I was still in the clear for the November class or if there was even still in November class. Her face and body language did not give hope that there was. Verbally she stressed that there needs to be a class in November but it is chaotic right now.I made mention of the women's lawsuit and she cringed, my assumption is that that women's lawsuit is probably going to push us farther back again.I'm hoping I know morn can give more information tomorrow morning hopefully after I get a phone call
    Her body language didn't give hope for a November class or that you would be in a November class? I think in the long run , they will still have a class and hopefully we hear from BI's soon.

Forum Member

spoke with Miss Hammond in person.the medical director supposedly was not in today and she said she was confused as to why I have not been called by him yet.she did give him my name directly today and asked him to call me tomorrow to clear things up first thing. I asked her if I was still in the clear for the November class or if there was even still in November class. Her face and body language did not give hope that there was. Verbally she stressed that there needs to be a class in November but it is chaotic right now.I made mention of the women's lawsuit and she cringed, my assumption is that that women's lawsuit is probably going to push us farther back again.I'm hoping I know morn can give more information tomorrow morning hopefully after I get a phone call
    everything is probably pushed back because they background checked everyone in the lawsuit group first and only eight of them passed. now they are going to have to scramble through background checking us to get enough people to fill a class. who knows.

Forum Member

Forum Member

I know this process sucks, but since we were contacted back in April, things have been moving along. I just don't see how/why they would be processing all of us with no certainty of an upcoming class. Who knows, it may be in December or January or later, but it has to happen. There is no way they are going to fill an all women academy and they're not going to scrap this list, test again, and hire off that one. We just need to be patient and stop driving ourselves crazy with all the doom and gloom stuff. My $.02

Forum Member

hey guys i have been reading this site for awhile now first time posting. i was a pat 10 guy i did get a call from the Bi on August 26. did cpat on my own and turned it in the first day. i think she might be giving you the old run around... i don't believe she really knows who you or any of us are to give a direct order of this process... i mean she was surprised that the medical officer hasn't call you yet? like she really knows who is getting called or not. how are you going to get a call from the medical officer if you haven't got your bi yet? Every time you talk to her, she is always surprised you haven't got a call. i think she just keeps telling you things so you leave or hang up. i think it's going to happen we all might now get in November, but we will get in if you pass everything.i just really want to know, will we all get calls for BI and medical if we are not going into the November class? someone should ask her that if you can get a hold of her. people on the job told me that they are not going to do an all girls class so there will be two classes so i think that's a good thing. they also said that they paid for the two classes already so i think it is going to happen.

JMH
    Forum Member

Bruggs, I completely agree with you. 2ndGen, you def got the run around.

Forum Member

Not sure how accurate this is but I just heard only 2 lawsuit girls passed CPAT.

Forum Member

I ran into one of them over the weekend, she's a friend from back in the day. She punch me in stomach when she told me she passed CPAT, because my response was "really?", in a surprised tone, because she weighs around 100lbs.

Forum Member

No her body language wasn't about me personally not getting into the November class. We were off of that and moved on to the aspect of just whether or not there would be a November class or not and when I asked about the woman's lawsuit.I don't think she's allowed to talk about the women's lawsuitdue to legal issues that would arise if she weighed in on that subject to a possible candidate.either way, I'm in a few more phone calls higher ups we're going to make phone calls for me
    I know we don't have any union support or backing. Im Not trying to be silly.

But have you considered asking your dad who is to contact them to see if they have any have any advice on how to help you out?
    Last edited by chigo23; 09-09-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Forum Member

Yep. She sold you the dream

Forum Member

Not sure how accurate this is but I just heard only 2 lawsuit girls passed CPAT.
    I'm not saying you're right or wrong, just funny regarding the lack of certainty in any information. After last week's medical group we heard both 6 girls and 8 girls and now this week 2 girls.

Also 2ndGen, I hope you lit a spark under someone and you hear something soon, but I also called and e-mailed her last week and heard back from her this afternoon, also stating she was surprised I had not heard from my BI yet and that I should be hearing something shortly.

Thread Information