Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 381 of 552 FirstFirst ... 281331371378379380381382383384391431481 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,620 of 11026
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

awesome.

Thanks for the post ATFDFF. I'm not sure either. I will try and ask where they went.
    Last edited by jrog; 01-24-2013 at 07:16 PM.

My source called me over the weekend and said they had someone at their house over the weekend asking what on the job exercises they could put in the physical ability test. My source seemed to think it was for anyone who takes the new test expected to come out in 2014. He seemed to think they couldn't possibly ask us to take this new PAT format with all the other classes on this test using the one we already went through. But who knows. He also said the rumor is still two/three classes depending on the size of the classes are going to be hired from the 2006 test.

Keep our fingers crossed

Forum Member

Does anyone have any idea how many men and women are currently waiting in processing right now?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    My source called me over the weekend and said they had someone at their house over the weekend asking what on the job exercises they could put in the physical ability test. My source seemed to think it was for anyone who takes the new test expected to come out in 2014. He seemed to think they couldn't possibly ask us to take this new PAT format with all the other classes on this test using the one we already went through. But who knows. He also said the rumor is still two/three classes depending on the size of the classes are going to be hired from the 2006 test.

Keep our fingers crossed
    I dn't see how they could make us take a different PAT than the rest of the 2006 condidates took.
    For anyone that fails, that is jsut another lawsuit waiting to happen. ya know, "the previous candidates didn't take this test, so why do I". same as the 111 went through the exact same process as the 95 candidates did. I kind hope they do change it up though, that way all these whiners that failed will fail again and realize how easy the original PAT really was.

And to rambler, including all parts of the process, from interest card return to waiting on final processing, I'd say there is about 300-350. I could be way off, but I know there are at least 100-125 waiting on FP and another 100 or so that already too the PAT.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rockgod View Post
    I dn't see how they could make us take a different PAT than the rest of the 2006 condidates took.
    For anyone that fails, that is jsut another lawsuit waiting to happen. ya know, "the previous candidates didn't take this test, so why do I". same as the 111 went through the exact same process as the 95 candidates did. I kind hope they do change it up though, that way all these whiners that failed will fail again and realize how easy the original PAT really was.

And to rambler, including all parts of the process, from interest card return to waiting on final processing, I'd say there is about 300-350. I could be way off, but I know there are at least 100-125 waiting on FP and another 100 or so that already too the PAT.
    I do know that out of the original January 2010 PAT the city did not get the numbers they needed for another class so they had another 200 or so take the PAT in April. So i am guessing the same as ROCKGOD. About 300-350 in total. I know a few guys in FP have already moved on or hit 38 so they are no longer eligible. So maybe that number is a little smaller now.

I have heard that the city is stalling as they want manning in the new contract. But they do need to hire regardless. With all the retirees they are way down as far as numbers go. Hopefully we hear something soon. I would assume they are going to end interest letters before they hire in order to guage how many classes they can fill. My guess probably 2 at the most.

Forum Member

Has anyone else used the email to update information for there file? I just did mine today for a new phone number.. wondering how long it took to hear back
    Last edited by nbsmith28; 02-01-2013 at 10:58 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Email? Which email? Was it to the general HR email? I need to update some things as well.

Forum Member

I called today because my uncle told me to make sure everything was up to date as far as phone and address. The lady on the phone told me to update since I was not in Chicago to send an email to.
    Fire-application@cityofchicago.org
    Said try not to use ssn to verify who you are I put my address name and that I was part of the 2006 exam on the email. but put old information then new information since it was just a phone number I put the old one then under it I put new number then the number.
    Hope that helps

I also left at the bottom to please reply to let me know the changes have been made so if I don't hear back by Tuesday I'm going to have to call again.
    Last edited by nbsmith28; 02-01-2013 at 11:02 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for that info. I wonder if you can get your list number again? Instead of going down there in person.
    notoriousjah likes this.

Forum Member

What numbers are you guys?
    Anyone know what number their on?

Forum Member

I am #2954 and I have not received an interest card so I have no clue where they are at, Id be interest to know tho

Forum Member

If you haven't yet recieved an interest card...might as well wait and take the new test, when ever that might be. It is VERY unllikely you'll be getting on from this test

Forum Member

**** I'm 3500 something
    I heard from a captain that they are doing 3 testes in rapid succession. If they are as big as he says they are a lot of people are gonna get in.

Forum Member

I remember the days when i actually thought i was going to get on. The rest is laughable.

Forum Member

My # is in the mid 1900's and i took the Jan '10 PAT but im about one of the highest #'s Ive seen on this thread that took the PAT. i think its in the 1500-2000 ballpark for the PAT's

Also does anyone have the # i would call to speak to someone in HR to make sure my address has been updated correctly ? i moved about a year ago & went down there, filled out all the necessary paperwork but have heard some horror stories of that not being updated correctly. Thanks
    Last edited by Roche17; 02-14-2013 at 09:17 PM.

Forum Member

312 745 3705 you can start there that's what I do when I need to get a hold of someone.

Forum Member

Just passing along what i heard from a buddy that's currently on (and has been for 10+ years) that 2 academies have been approved and passed budgeting for this year.

Forum Member

Word is the LT calss started today

Forum Member

Anyone got an idea if they are doing a new test soon? My wife is from there and we're looking to return to the area. I read a news article that said they wanted to do one this year sometime. Just wondering if anyone had any info about it I'm a fireman in New Orleans and kinda out of the loop. Thanks

Forum Member

Does anyone know when the next test is going to be?

Thread Information