Like Tree288Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

^ I agree, just passing it along, who knows anymore..I also heard back from her today. I think we're talking to a recording," I'm surprised you haven't heard anything yet, you will be getting a call very shortly..." Haa!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BODE View Post
    ^ I agree, just passing it along, who knows anymore..I also heard back from her today. I think we're talking to a recording," I'm surprised you haven't heard anything yet, you will be getting a call very shortly..." Haa!
    i called on august 13th and she told me shortly when i inquired. still waiting.

Forum Member

One thing everyone seems to be forgetting is that they do have some discretionary power when it comes to selecting candidates. Factors like driving records, criminal misdemeanors, work history, drug history, current medications, medical history can come into play. Suburban fire departments do the same thing. The only difference is they use a fine tooth comb to select. I guess my point is that just because you've been called, it doesn't mean you're 100% guaranteed to get hired.

Forum Member

^ I'm good to go just like last time I went through this. That's why it should be the guys who went through before getting the calls first.

Forum Member

^ totally agree.. put me in coach..

Forum Member

It still seems to me that they are going in alphabetical order with the guys that took the cpat on their own.
    Anyone have any reason to believe otherwise?

Forum Member

2ndGen, ever hear from the medical director?

JMH
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffemt_applicant View Post
    2ndGen, ever hear from the medical director?
    No and Ms. Hammond is shocked he hasnt heard. He should be hearing back soon.

Forum Member

About 20 women from the Vasich case have passed the CPAT so far.

Forum Member

^That's good news for a November class. If enough don't pass they may postpone.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    No and Ms. Hammond is shocked he hasnt heard. He should be hearing back soon.
    That's funny. I haven't contacted her once. I know better. Her role is simply to gather files in bulk, and pass them along to other CFD personnel. I doubt she will go out of her way to make sure individual files are moved accordingly. She has absolutely no control over who gets hired. It's hit or miss for me, and then on to Plan B if the CFD thing goes south.

Forum Member

Hey guys, I just found this site a few days ago, and this is my first time posting. I was just hoping to get a little info. I have my medical tomorrow, and I was just wondering what I should expect. Unlike some of you, this is my first time going through this process. Is there anything I should know, bring with me?? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by newguy24 View Post
    Hey guys, I just found this site a few days ago, and this is my first time posting. I was just hoping to get a little info. I have my medical tomorrow, and I was just wondering what I should expect. Unlike some of you, this is my first time going through this process. Is there anything I should know, bring with me?? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    do NOT smoke a joint to calm your nerves.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    Got my call to clear up the medical/prescription thing. Going in this week. It took having a very well known higher up call and say "wtf, why has hasn't this kid been called?". It worked. Wonder how long it will take to get my BI after this tho. Lol.
    very nice.

also, do you (or anyone) know if the investigators are calling anyone else who hasn't had their BI yet? it has been very quiet on that end for the last week or so.

Forum Member

Just got back from Clinton a few minutes ago. I went down there to try and turn in some paper work to update my background questioner. Ms. Hammond said she could not do anything with it because she no longer had the folders because they are all now over at BI, and to let the investigator know about the update once they call me. I asked her how many people are still in the process and she said between 500-550.

JMH
    Forum Member

Finally some useful info

thats definitely more then I thought would be left, I thought the number would have been closer to 400.

Forum Member

Finally some useful info

thats definitely more then I thought would be left, I thought the number would have been closer to 400.
    this is pre-background and pre-medical for most of us, i'm sure.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chigo23 View Post
    Just got back from Clinton a few minutes ago. I went down there to try and turn in some paper work to update my background questioner. Ms. Hammond said she could not do anything with it because she no longer had the folders because they are all now over at BI, and to let the investigator know about the update once they call me. I asked her how many people are still in the process and she said between 500-550.
    Not going to lie I was wishing that number would have been lower.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by newguy24 View Post
    I seriously hope you are just trolling... so you this is your first time and you didnt have questions about
    all the forms we had to fill out, the process, didnt have questions on the cpat, didnt have questions on the BI and what that consists of, Didnt have questions on the home visit? but you did have questions on medical? Medical ? Really? Really?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bilyboy View Post
    Not going to lie I was wishing that number would have been lower.

I wonder if we know that it seems like half of us wont get in even if they do go ahead and start the two classes. If the 500 number is true, (not including the women) what, most classes are 120 people x 2 (the one in november and march) that = 240. What are the odds that they try to start another class in the fall of 2014. So it seems like half probably wont get in. That sucks. I'm still waiting on a call for medical. Also does anyone know if you dont pass a step, if they send you a letter saying your out for being a FF?

Forum Member

Are medicals going on every day this week?

JMH
    Forum Member

I've only heard of that first small group getting called in (which was like 16 people)...Has there been addiitonal groups called?

Forum Member

I've only heard of that first small group getting called in (which was like 16 people)...Has there been addiitonal groups called?
    new kid asking for advice said he was reporting tomorrow, if i'm not mistaken.

Thread Information