Like Tree289Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

JMH
    Forum Member

The guys from last week didnt have their medical last week, they went to schedule it and are taking it this week

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    The guys from last week didnt have their medical last week, they went to schedule it and are taking it this week
    i realized my mistake after i reread it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bagosoxgo View Post
    I wonder if we know that it seems like half of us wont get in even if they do go ahead and start the two classes. If the 500 number is true, (not including the women) what, most classes are 120 people x 2 (the one in november and march) that = 240. What are the odds that they try to start another class in the fall of 2014. So it seems like half probably wont get in. That sucks. I'm still waiting on a call for medical. Also does anyone know if you dont pass a step, if they send you a letter saying your out for being a FF?
    But,at least as of now, they still appear to be calling people for BI who have completed the CPAT on their own. Hopefully they continue in that order. Then at least most of us on here might have a shot. If they are just piling the folders up and grabbing at random then yes odds are stacked against us.I guess that is the unknown going forward.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bagosoxgo View Post
    I seriously hope you are just trolling... so you this is your first time and you didnt have questions about
    all the forms we had to fill out, the process, didnt have questions on the cpat, didnt have questions on the BI and what that consists of, Didnt have questions on the home visit? but you did have questions on medical? Medical ? Really? Really?
    I am not saying I haven't been interested or had questions in the past...but I am new to this website, so I was hoping since others have some previous experience they would be willing to share and let me know what to expect. Didn't mean to upset anyone.

Forum Member

hey newguy24...as far as tomorrow expect to be there for a few hours< it will be a head to toe exam. Everything from eye and hearing test, to blood work and x-rays. wear comfortable clothes and plan for a long day

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by newguy24 View Post
    I am not saying I haven't been interested or had questions in the past...but I am new to this website, so I was hoping since others have some previous experience they would be willing to share and let me know what to expect. Didn't mean to upset anyone.
    Newguy, it's nothing personal against you. Most of the people on here have been going through this process for over 4 years. Some made it as far "conditional" letter of employment. Others took the original physical over 3 years ago. So when someone posts on here that they just started the process in April, it upsets those who have been waiting and waiting for years. I don't think you came here to intentionally upset anyone. I think Goldie2002 has been through this most recent process so his advice sounds good.
    Again. It's not personal against you but the whole process has been hard on all of us here. Good luck tomorrow and feel free to share anything you hear tomorrow.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Forum Member

thanks teddyball, I am sure a lot on here want this job as badly as I do!! I appreciate it. I will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Forum Member

2ndGenCFD, did your source tell you if he is still hearing Nov for the next class??

Forum Member

Starting to stress

Forum Member

done with my medical, hope it will be the last one I have to take for CFD....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2002 View Post
    is it like the CPAT where you know if you pass or fail on the spot?

JMH
    Forum Member

Goldie, can you give us a run down of what they did? How many people there?

Forum Member

Good for you. Why tell us your done with your physical and not give us any info. Nobody cares that you did it, only about what happened. Are you trying to rub it in.
    Last edited by chigo23; 09-12-2013 at 04:36 PM.

Forum Member

Making popcorn.

Forum Member

Well, another week of no call. I am starting to get a bad feeling about all of this. Oh well. Hopefully next week brings some good new.

Forum Member

^ what you said.... In the same boat

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:32 PM.

Forum Member

Just got my BI call a couple mins ago. shes coming out to my house next week. I already live Edison Park for all of you guys looking to move out here. Hopefully we'll all be able to grab a celebration beer together out here if we make it through this together. But this is the first time ive heard from anyone since the hair test. I'm a Jan 2010 PAT , i got my CPAT on my own before our first day of processing in May at SUFD and was beginning to think they had misplaced my file or something. But damn it felt good to get that call. i hope you guys don't have to wait too much longer. I did email Ms. Hammond yesterday asking if i was missing any paperwork or anything, (knowing i wasn't) however i haven't gotten a reply email from her so im not sure if she brought my name to the attention of an investigator or if it was simply a coincidence. good luck everyone

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roche17 View Post
    Just got my BI call a couple mins ago. shes coming out to my house next week. I already live Edison Park for all of you guys looking to move out here. Hopefully we'll all be able to grab a celebration beer together out here if we make it through this together. But this is the first time ive heard from anyone since the hair test. I'm a Jan 2010 PAT , i got my CPAT on my own before our first day of processing in May at SUFD and was beginning to think they had misplaced my file or something. But damn it felt good to get that call. i hope you guys don't have to wait too much longer. I did email Ms. Hammond yesterday asking if i was missing any paperwork or anything, (knowing i wasn't) however i haven't gotten a reply email from her so im not sure if she brought my name to the attention of an investigator or if it was simply a coincidence. good luck everyone
    this is great news.

congrats Roche and thanks for the update.

Forum Member

Thanks for letting us know roche. You made my day

Forum Member

Thanks for letting us know roche. You made my day.

Forum Member

I am excited that the back ground went smoothly, I will be reporting to schedule the medical portion of this long wait at clinton st Tuesday next week. I was through the background stage in 2009. I wish all of you good luck to get the same news.

Forum Member

Congrats Roche- I also live in Edison Park- Last Name Barrett- I will be reporting next Tuesday with a couple other guys that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Roche17 View Post

Thread Information