Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 08:30 PM.

Forum Member

Roche what letter does your last name start with?

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 08:30 PM.

Forum Member

Pb congrats, when did u get called to schedule your medical? And when did you get called for your bi this time around? Thank you.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Forum Member

Still waiting

Forum Member

Glad to see calls are still moving forward, but this is one more week of waiting for me.

Forum Member

Glad to hear things are moving along guys. the reason I didn't give details on the medical was because I figured either most of us had been through it once before, and the rest had an idea what to expect from previous posts on here from the last time around. Medical went good, just a head to toe exam from eye and hearing tests to blood tests, x-rays and a stress test. When I was there we had a total of 4 guys from CFD. I am not sure how many groups they see in a day.

MembersZone Subscriber

Does anyone have the contact name and number of the person in HR that I would update my mailing information to?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    Cleared and moving on to BI. Went n saw mis hammond, said I should hear from BI next week since I was one of the first with my CPAT turned in.
    Glad to see things are moving forward for you but I don't get it. I had my cpat turned in since the first day of processing.

Forum Member

Hey guys, had my physical yesterday. I had 4 guys in my time period as well. I asked the nurse and she said they are doing 3 groups (roughly 12 guys) a day. Pretty much a normal medical exam. I was hoping someone could shine some light on what's next. they told me I wouldn't hear back from them unless there was an issue with my exam results. This is my first time going through this process, and was wondering what was next and how long it should be until I hear from CFD again. Any info/help would be great!!!

Forum Member

Thanks ILFFPM- I was called for the medical Sept 3rd, they came to my condo Sept 5th.
    I got the call for the medical on Wed afternoon to report 9/17 at 10 am. Hope this helps, I will update after Tuesday for more information.

My sources have been telling me though (Nov class)- they are shooting for this but could poss. be DEC. Then another Class going in to EMT side after the NOV class finishes EMT and moves to Fire side of the academy.
    So It looks like they are preparing for 2 classes back to back

Quote Originally Posted by ILFFPM View Post
    Pb congrats, when did u get called to schedule your medical? And when did you get called for your bi this time around? Thank you.

Forum Member

Completed medical yesterday - full exam as stated prior. No issues.

Just so everyone knows, im glad to see others are moving along. According to the doc, they will be putting 150-200 more through medicals.....my group of 14, was the cusp of more to follow.

Forum Member

Does the medical include a test for color blindness? I have a hard time with that stupid color blindness test book. Please let me know

Forum Member

Yes it does.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Thanks pb.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    A lot going on these last few days I see. Good to finally be a part of the on by going process again. Someone mentions thwy turned in their CPAT 1st thing and wondered why I was at medical today. I wasnt at the medical exam / stress test.I had to clear up a medical/prescription drug issue I popped positive on. Now I'm waiting like a lot of others for a BI call, home visit, and then medical testings. To the guy that asked what comes after stress test med exam,u are now waiting for Final Processing. So keep an eye on ur mail. Don't expect anything until mid to end of oct for a nov 15 start of an academy class. From what I remember, we got about 3 weeks before we got thos letters before the class start date.
    I was referring to how ms. Hammond said you should be getting a call from bi next week since you were one of the first to turn in your cpat. Because like I said I turned mine in the first day of processing.

In fact I've had everything turned in since day 1 except for obviously the 3 reference letters. I've made it a point to get everything turned in as soon as I could still no call from BI.

In order the to get to the numbers the doctor gave Jet, simple math says they would still need to contact a lot more people and start their backgrounds. SO I'm still hopefull for the Nov. class.
    Last edited by chigo23; 09-13-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Forum Member

Just got notification that cfd will be issuing makeup exam for 2006 test. I'm interpreting this as though they are getting all their ducks in a row for the upcoming class. Probably good news.

Forum Member

Just got notification that cfd will be issuing veteran's makeup exam for 2006 test. I'm interpreting this as though they are getting all their ducks in a row for the upcoming class. Probably good news.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoblaze View Post
    Just got notification that cfd will be issuing veteran's makeup exam for 2006 test. I'm interpreting this as though they are getting all their ducks in a row for the upcoming class. Probably good news.
    How do you figure?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoblaze View Post
    Your right though. I'm signed up for one of those services that alerts you when fire departments are testing and I just got it. I checked as soon as i read your post.

If anything, I think it either means they are planning on tossing out our list in the foreseeable future and are trying to cover their bases, or are planning on this list being around for a while. I don't know.

Either way i think it's good for us because assuming those people get on the current list it's gonna take a while to organize, administer, and grade the test. Not to mention start processing them which "probably" wont start until they are done with our group. Which means more time for academy's for us already processing. But who knows it's the city.

What concerns me the most and makes me wonder if they would be put on the current list where would they put them on the current list? How could they put them in front of the over 15 thousand people currently on the list behind us? If they couldn't or weren't planning on doing that then there would be no point in testing them. Which makes me think they would have to be for a new list they are planning.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by chigo23; 09-13-2013 at 11:35 PM.

Forum Member

Forum Member

I'm a veteran. I took a make up test in 2008 and I got a lower number than some people I know that took the test on the actual date. Maybe they keep open numberst for things like this? Either way they have a veteran quota to meet for every class, and I know a few that wouldn't pass the CPAT right now. The question is why would they make them go through the test if there's word of a new one next year?

Still waiting for the BI call. Turned in my CPAT card early Jun.

Stay safe this weekend. If your going to drink, don't drive! If your going to drive, don't drink! If your going to tap it, wrap it! Have a good weekend everyone.
    JMH likes this.

Forum Member

Since it's being called a veteran's "make*up test", I'm thinking that means it is being given for any veterans who missed the initial veteran's test in 2008 (for guys who were still deployed in 2008, but morso this sounds like attempts by the city to cover their *** more than anything) either way, I don't think it has anything to do with a new list. When that happens they will issue a brand new test and we will all need to retake it, vets and civilians alike.

Thread Information