Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    They're Veterans. If they've been in the service since 05/06 then they deserve to take the test and get preference over non Veterans. Sorry, yea I'm bias on this. But Veterans earned their right ahead of civilians. Just my opinion.
    I agree with you. Im a veteran. I wasnt trying to say it was wrong or right just thinking out loud.

And yes blaze it is strictly for people who were still in the service in 06.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 08:29 PM.

JMH
    Forum Member

I kind of look at them calling in vets as somewhat postitive for this current group. I cant imagine they would go through giving them a make up test if they plan on having another test in the next 18 months or so. That should improve everyone in this groups chances of eventually getting through.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    I kind of look at them calling in vets as somewhat postitive for this current group. I cant imagine they would go through giving them a make up test if they plan on having another test in the next 18 months or so. That should improve everyone in this groups chances of eventually getting through.
    I like your take on it.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Got my call from BI this morning. THANK GOD! Really short conversation.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chigo23 View Post
    Got my call from BI this morning. THANK GOD! Really short conversation.
    Congrats, what's your last name begin with?

Forum Member

Forum Member

Last name starts with J. Did cpat on my own and already had it done first day of processing back in may.

Forum Member

Seems like all the FP guys are getting called. That's good to see. Still hoping my phone vibrates one of these late mornings.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 08:28 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    Spoke to miss hammond this morning. Some good news (repeated I think tho) and some disheartening news.

Good news - ALL files are now with the investigators and there are "around 400" total she said.

Disheartening news - I turned my CPAT in well before most people so I asked her if I'd get a Green Light for this class. Hesitated, as usual, and said her manager is out of town until monday and that is an issue that a few have asked and they will deal with it next monday.

In other words, I believe since I had the medical/prescription issue come up, and they took 3 months to call me in to clear up the matter, I may be in the back of the line now.

Guess I'm going to Clinton next week again to talk to miss hammond or hopefully her manager.

This shouldn't be my fault, nothing illegal about taking a prescription drug. And I provided proof of prescriptions and was told I was cleared over 3 months ago. Then they want to clear it in a second interview that took 3 months to get scheduled so I get bumped back. I'm projecting and venting again, but I cant stress it enough how badly I want this! =)
    2ndGen. There are 2 things I am certain about right now.
    1) Neither the Sox nor the Cubs are making the world series this year.
    2) You are 100,000% passionate about getting on this job. LOL

I don't think you need to sweat this too much. A lot of people have not gotten called yet. You have been cleared and what you took is 100% legal (I assume). You had a prescription so you are covered there. I think things are moving a little slower now due to the class possibly being pushed to December. Oh I forgot to add that a new FD rumor is candidate class may be pushed in order to get the promotion classes out of the way to free up instructors for up to a year worth of candidate classes.
    Maybe Ms. Hammond will take your file by hand to a BI and say " call this guy so he leaves me alone". LOL. Just kidding man.
    I think right now things are still moving along and they are still calling those who took the CPAT on their own.

Let's keep our heads up and thinking about the end game here.

Forum Member

Still waiting for bi call

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    A lot of people have not gotten called yet. I think things are moving a little slower now due to the class possibly being pushed to December. Oh I forgot to add that a new FD rumor is candidate class may be pushed in order to get the promotion classes out of the way to free up instructors for up to a year worth of candidate classes.
    To be honest, the rumor doesn't make too much sense, unless they actually need the instructors from that promotion class to do the planned Nov class. Personally I think Nov has been paid and planned for. Between women, vets, medics, and the group of regular guys they will have more than enough for a Nov. class. They wouldn't be scheduling medicals this week if there was any doubt.

Forum Member

I heard Nov is a go.. but dont think that getting cpat done on our own helped any at all..

JMH
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nbsmith28 View Post
    I heard Nov is a go.. but dont think that getting cpat done on our own helped any at all..
    why do you say it didnt help? I dont know if any person who did not get it done on their own has even been contacted by their BI? I might be wrong, but it seems everyone that has been contacted so far went on their own and got the cPat.

Also, a friend of mine is on the job and he said he spoke with his district rep on the department and he said the Nov class is a go, directly followed by another class (feb/March)
    Last edited by JMH; 09-17-2013 at 11:04 AM.

Forum Member

Some things i found out, medicals are only good for 6 months. So if you havent taken your medical between now and october, most likely your not getting in for the November class. Which probably makes sense why some have not been called for medical. Why hurry and get them in if there is a chance that the medical will expire and you have to start over again.

I googled the woman's lawsuit class and the 111 lawsuit came up and read up on it, (pretty interesting if you READ IT ALL, kind of seem like they have a point, but thats for another day) but they exhausted the list from 1995, meaning they called on everyone, even the group B people, they got hired, so that gave me some hope. Im thinking (hoping) that they start turning out classes in the next year.

And to put in context of what some of us who were processed in the summer of 2009, the last group to have a class before us have been on the job for 5 yrs while we have been on hold for 4 yrs. We could have had 4 yrs on the job but that is for another day also. We were really unlucky to get caught up in that lawsuit class.

Forum Member

I was with some FF friends this weekend, guys that took the 2006 test with me and guys with 20+ years on. They seem more positive than ever as far as guys getting hired and of course me getting on. I suppose it's reassuring, but I will remain skeptical until I'm placed, especially since I'm with NBSmith in not being called for BI yet.

I have two friends that did the CPAT the CFD route and they have not been called either, so it still seems possible that they are calling guys that took CPAT on their own first, but again, I haven't been called either, so can't say that's a certainty.

Only thoughts are that perhaps they actually do have some organization and are going through the guys that took the CPAT on their own alphabetically as was suggested previously? I'm assuming NBSmith's last name is Smith and I'm near the end of alphabet, so maybe that holds true, but no clue. Haven't heard anyone chime in on here that got called stating they have a last name late in alphabet. Chigo23 was last to report being called with "J" last name.

Forum Member

Still waiting on my call also, last name U, this waiting game sucks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by allroad View Post
    Still waiting on my call also, last name U, this waiting game sucks.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=padBMW652No
    allroad and nbsmith28 like this.

Forum Member

Hahaha dalsh that's pretty good bro.

Forum Member

Yes last name smith.. but when I called down I was asked where I took cpat.. kind of made me think they put sufd in on pile and the other place in another.. but had cpat card in May so I thought it would have been close to the top.. that's all.

Forum Member

Anyone on here been called and take CPAT at SUFD? I'm also SUFD guy.

JMH
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    Anyone on here been called and take CPAT at SUFD? I'm also SUFD guy.

I took it at SUFD...Last name H. Took it on my own, called for BI, not yet called for Medical.

Thread Information