Like Tree289Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

"M" here, took CPAT on my own, no call. I'm really thinking its in alphabetical order. If there is 400 now in processing, looks like everybody will get a shot. If its "J" now, I'm thinking maybe this week for a call..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    I took it at SUFD...Last name H. Took it on my own, called for BI, not yet called for Medical.
    Good deal, so that quashes that theory, still looking like maybe alphabetical.

Forum Member

I've been thinking Date of CPAT turned in date and then alphabetically since day one. Every time we went back to Clinton our folders were always in alphabetical order instead of SSN's or anything else. My assumption on why some letters of the alphabet were called already might be where each BI is in their own pile of folders. Some may be further along than others.

Still waiting for my cell to vibrate. Been making sure that puppy is charged every day. lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    I've been thinking Date of CPAT turned in date and then alphabetically since day one. Every time we went back to Clinton our folders were always in alphabetical order instead of SSN's or anything else. My assumption on why some letters of the alphabet were called already might be where each BI is in their own pile of folders. Some may be further along than others.

Still waiting for my cell to vibrate. Been making sure that puppy is charged every day. lol
    I agree with you Shadez, that's exactly what I've been thinking all along, right down to your explanation as to why some letters of the alphabet have been called before others. Except I wonder if CPAT date has anything to do with it. P

Forum Member

I haven't seen anything to suggest it's not just simply alphabetical thus far. Has anyone who turned in CPAT on their own in the 2nd half of the alphabet been called already?

JMH
    Forum Member

I think your absolutely right that its alphabetical....I took my CPAT before some others that got called before me, but there last names are earlier then mine. Thats the only thing that makes sense at this point.

Forum Member

^agreed. I had my card turned in on the first day of processing. C'mon call the Mc's!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BODE View Post
    ^agreed. I had my card turned in on the first day of processing. C'mon call the Mc's!!!
    "S" Looks like I have a wait ahead of me. I turned in my CPAT on the second day of our second orientation.

JMH
    Forum Member

Just got called down to schedule Physical exam for this Thursday

Forum Member

I did as well.

Forum Member

JMH, 10 A.M. Thur. Correct? thats what i got.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    "S" Looks like I have a wait ahead of me. I turned in my CPAT on the second day of our second orientation.
    I turned my CPAT in in late June and I'm a last name "S" guy as well. Should be interesting to see if I get called in and around the same time you do.

JMH
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ILFFPM View Post
    JMH, 10 A.M. Thur. Correct? thats what i got.

Yes, Business attire, Drivers License and Black Pen

Forum Member

gotcha thanks bud just making sure.

Forum Member

sorry to put the squash on your alphabetical theory but my last name is "S" & i got my cal for BI last week Friday. she hasn't been here yet though. said she'd be here some time this week but couldn't tell me which day. just asked what my work hours were. maybe they're going in order of which date we first started the processing in may. i went in on thursday May 9th i think that was the 3rd day ?

Forum Member

Roche did you get cpat from sufd, And On your own?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roche17 View Post
    sorry to put the squash on your alphabetical theory but my last name is "S" & i got my cal for BI last week Friday. she hasn't been here yet though. said she'd be here some time this week but couldn't tell me which day. just asked what my work hours were. maybe they're going in order of which date we first started the processing in may. i went in on thursday May 9th i think that was the 3rd day ?
    It doesn't necessarily squash the theory. She could just be ahead of the other BI's in calling people or still on "S" for that matter.

Congrats on getting the call.

Forum Member

Yeah, hate to bust the theory as well, but my last name starts with a "P" and I had my medical already. I took my CPAT on my own, so maybe there is still some truth to that. Hey, has anyone who has taken there medical heard anything from the city or medical testing facility???

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by newguy24 View Post
    Yeah, hate to bust the theory as well, but my last name starts with a "P" and I had my medical already. I took my CPAT on my own, so maybe there is still some truth to that. Hey, has anyone who has taken there medical heard anything from the city or medical testing facility???
    Hey newguy - i took my medical last Thursday at 1400. Haven't heard anything back.

No news is good news I'm told.

Forum Member

Has anyone else had the female BI and gotten their medical scheduled? They went to my house august
    26th but have not heard anything else?

JMH
    Forum Member

I had the female BI and got called yesterday by ms. hammond to schedule my medical

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    I had the female BI and got called yesterday by ms. hammond to schedule my medical
    If you dont mind, when did she visit your home? Did you have to resend any information?

thanks

JMH
    Forum Member

She did not have to visit my home, because I lived in the suburbs. I had started a new job since we turned in our job history, so I just had to provide that information.

Forum Member

I had the female investigator as well was called for bi approx 2 wks ago. I have not changed jobs since last bi. I was called yesterday to come schedule medical. I'm in burbs to, no home visit and only phone call from bi was initial call.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bagosoxgo View Post
    Has anyone else had the female BI and gotten their medical scheduled? They went to my house august
    26th but have not heard anything else?
    Bagosoxgo...Ihad the female BI and had my home visit on Aug 26th as well, and I had my medical last week. Hope this helps.

Thread Information