Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 385 of 554 FirstFirst ... 285335375382383384385386387388395435485 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,700 of 11069
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

jetguy81

That's pretty similar to what I have been doing for years. I passed the CPAT a few years ago without any problems. I may hit the stairclimber a little bit if I get called for another one. The key is to be ready for the stairclimb and follow directions on everything else. DO NOT SKIP THE PRACTICE RUN.

Forum Member

So my last digit of ss is 1 my given # by cfd was 43xx something(lost paper). what are the chances of me getting called? question 2 any word on next class and is there any more testing being held as of late? thanks.
    Last edited by danjen84; 04-17-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by danjen84 View Post
    So my last digit of ss is 1 my given # by cfd was 43xx something(lost paper). what are the chances of me getting called? question 2 any word on next class and is there any more testing being held as of late? thanks.
    Slim to none for the 2006 test group

Forum Member

I got a letter from the City today. It said "LOL". Probably pertaining to the rumors on this forum.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BODE View Post
    I got a letter from the City today. It said "LOL". Probably pertaining to the rumors on this forum.
    You got mail today?

Forum Member

You can joke about chicago weather, you can bust balls on north siders/south siders, but joking about getting mail when I'm sure all of us have checked our mailboxes religously looking for that letter.......come on now.

I've got your "LOL" right here.....pal

Forum Member

Just breaking up the monotony of bs we read here. Keep checking the mail, maybe we'll get a letter in a few years..

Forum Member

BODE- you have been a member for what 2 months, who the hell do you think you are- There are guys on here who have changed their lives to get on this job, so I agree with Jetguy- F-OFF, not something to be joking about-

Forum Member

relax dudes...take this time while you're waiting for the dept to find a sense of humor

Forum Member

Sheesh..thanks Rock, seems a wet dream was interrupted..put the helmet back on and get back on the bunk beds boys and put that fire out..buncha wimps. Im in the same boat as you! You chose to change your lives for what!?! You're no closer to getting on than you were 7 years ago!

Forum Member

Let's all chill out a bit. No need to start slamming each other. We are all in the same boat. If we get on we all may work work together at some point. No need to start off on the wrong foot. If we don't get hired, we will never have to hear from each other again. So either way no need to make enemies.

Ps. BODE I saw you're letter message and got a chuckle. Made me realize the truth of the situation. I can't keep taking this stuff so serious.
    Last edited by teddyball; 04-19-2013 at 07:01 PM.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    BODE....funny, but not at the same time. Your points are 110% valid and not much can be done but wait for those letters. So I'll strap my helmet on and get back to waiting in my firetruck bed. =)

For those asking about a workout regimen, I'd go out and spend money on a weight vest. It's worth it. I picked one up two weeks ago at Dicks. They're pricey and there are other options, like holding dumbbells. But the test itself has a 3 minute stair climb at a 60 stairs a minute pace. Cant hold railings either. So working out on a Bosu ball to strengthen stabilizer muscles would be smart also. I've been doing 30 minutes with a 40lb vest 3 days a week for the last 2 weeks. Also weightlifting, functional training, etc... Bottom line, just get off ur ***, cut down on the beer and late night crap food and do some physical activity. Those in my boat, you dont wanna miss out by failing the CPAT after already having passed the PAT. That'd royally suck. And I still see a class action suit coming from that. But I hope I get on before that bull**** hits the fan.
    Yeah I was thinking about getting a weighted vest. Sounds like it would help with the CPAT and if for nothing else a hell of a good addition to any workout plan.

Forum Member

In other news.......2nd Marathon Bombing suspect captured.

God bless the USA

Forum Member

I strongly suggest the weight vest as well. I've personally taken a 40lb dumbbell wrapped in a towel and threw it in a backpack and have been doing stairs in my house. Great workout/prep.

And BODE....my message was meant to be light-hearted. Hard to read "tones" in a post.

But yeah, we are all in this together. Granted the waiting sucks, and true...could be years/if at all, for all we know as things can change in a heart beat.

Take the waiting time as a benefit. Use it to your advantage. Hit the gym, get your EMT-B, take some fire science classes, go for the CPAT. If anything, our group should be the most prepared for the academy.

Forum Member

I know I'm gonna get some angry comments for this but I spoke to someone who heard from a few different people that the mayor signed something throwing our list out. No acadmies this yr and the planned retest in 2014. Can you please check with the people you know to assess the validity of this. 2ndgencfd you seem to have the best aources please all check and post what you hear. I'm praying its not true and we get on soon. Thank you.

Forum Member

Sources no aources stupid auto correct

Forum Member

Sounds like that is possible. But who knows. I have not heard that but as we all know, good news is always followed by bad news.
    I do know that there was talk of letters being sent out Friday the 12th and so far nothing. So maybe the mayor squashed it. I never understood why the city would spend more money to test us when they plan on hiring off of a new list in 2014.

Oh well. Either way it looks like things are coming to a head. One way or another the wait will be over soon.

Forum Member

This the longest ping-pong game i have ever played.

Guess time will tell. If it's meant to be it will happen. If it doesn't, then it just wasn't in our cards.

Thread Information