Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

I had male investigator, no home visit yet as I am in the burbs. CPAT on my own at SUFD....first day of processing both times (CPAT turned in on first day of processing when we turned in all our BI packets)....I do remember we were asked if we had CPAT cards, to put the copies at the very front of our folders. Signed up for medical two Fridays ago, completed medical this past Thursday.

Forum Member

Im a FPer from 09, got my CPAT on my own at SUFD and turned it in on the second day of processing in June. Just got called from the BI last week and suppose to have a home visit this week.

Forum Member

Im a bit worried... but the only thing that you guys have in common is you guys live in the burbs and i live in the city. I wonder if there is a pattern. Maybe they are processing suburb guys first to get them going... IDK.
    But I rather go slow than not go at all.

but thanks for the information.

Forum Member

Maybe they're going suburbs first to not only weed out people but also to allow them time enough to move into the city.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    Maybe they're going suburbs first to not only weed out people but also to allow them time enough to move into the city.
    Thought that too but not it. When i signed up for medical it was a mix....some of us were already in the city and some werent.

Forum Member

And I'm not in Chicago.. I'm out of state
    Last edited by nbsmith28; 09-18-2013 at 02:02 PM.

Forum Member

I think the reason we haven't been able to find a consistent pattern as to who has been called and who hasn't is be cause there isn't one. I think they are simply calling the lucky contestant associated with which ever folder happens to touch their hand first when they reach for a new one.

The only possible patter I see is, it seams everybody who has been called did their CPAT on their own. At first I thought this theory was a bit of a reach, but now I think a possible explanation for this could be that people who did it on their own probably got it turned in quicker then people who waited on the city sponsored CPAT.

I think it's very possible it could be a combination of the two. Luck of the draw and people who did CPAT on their own.

Forum Member

Did my CPAT at NIPSTA on my own in April
    Last edited by ffdino88; 10-02-2013 at 11:02 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffdino88 View Post
    guys are getting BI calls that did the "city sponsored" CPAT.
    You certain of this?

Forum Member

FFdino 88

what does your last name start with? im a U and still NO call.....
    Last edited by allroad; 09-18-2013 at 02:54 PM.

Forum Member

Was at Clinton St yesterday for drug test and set up medical.
    Doing the Medical tomorrow at 11:30. Was an 09 FPer and did CPAT on my own. Last name starts with a B-
    Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by allroad View Post
    FFdino 88

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pb1847 View Post
    Was at Clinton St yesterday for drug test and set up medical.
    Doing the Medical tomorrow at 11:30. Was an 09 FPer and did CPAT on my own. Last name starts with a B-
    Hope this helps.
    im a fp as well, thanks

Forum Member

Pb was there a variety of days to choose from? Im going out of town next wk. But want to get it done asap. Thank you.

Forum Member

Did my CPAT at NIPSTA on my own in April, turned it in the first day of processing (which was the third day of the first time we had to report) and haven't heard sh*t since our last day of processing. No BI or anything and guys are getting BI calls that did the "city sponsored" CPAT. So not to shoot a hole in your theories, but there certainly isn't any rhyme or reason I can see. I'm clean as a whistle and believe me when I say that I couldn't be a better candidate.... I have more certs than you can shake a stick at and I'm currently working for a major metropolitan fire department, so IDK what the hell is going on.
    If there is any correlation between the people who have been called and the people that did CPAT on their own. It wouldn't surprise me if some people who did it the city sponsored rout got a call, because correct me if i'm wrong but I do believe there were some early dates available at first, that somebody who was ready to take it could have used and got it turned in right away. especially if they passed on their first practice run. But most of the dates available to do it through the city went right up to the deadline of Spet. 1st. deadline. again correct me if i'm worng.

Forum Member

I just checked my text history and my one buddy that passed it the city route passed it on 7/28. He has not been called and last name is with a "J"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by allroad View Post
    FFdino 88

I'm with you brother
    Last edited by ffdino88; 10-18-2013 at 11:47 AM.
    allroad likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    I just checked my text history and my one buddy that passed it the city route passed it on 7/28. He has not been called and last name is with a "J"
    You know I could be wrong, but if I remember reading correctly I thought Chicg23 stated he knew a few that have been called for BI that did the city sponsored, again I could be wrong. I'll double check back a few pages on this forum.

Forum Member

You know I could be wrong, but if I remember reading correctly I thought Chicg23 stated he knew a few that have been called for BI that did the city sponsored, again I could be wrong. I'll double check back a few pages on this forum.
    Chigo just posted a couple posts ago that he wouldn't be surprised if some city CPAT takers did get called if they passed it early, so I think you're mistaken on him saying he knew people were.

Anyway, the only sense we can actually make of any of this is that it makes no sense at all.......

Forum Member

Yeah. Not going to lie. I am getting a little disheartened. I got a call today from an investigator but it was for Cook County Corrections. I guess my buddy put me as a reference. Lol. Oh well. I guess just keep on waiting. I do think they are still calling people who took CPAT on their own. I think they are just grabbing folders at random. I keep telling myself soon but in reality I have my doubts.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nbsmith28 View Post
    Roche did you get cpat from sufd, And On your own?
    Yeah i got my CPAT on my own & from SUFD, had it turned in on the first day of processing in may. The investigator just came to my house today. Said She still has to call my past employers then shell turn my folder in to personnel. She couldn't tell me what will happen from there or how long it would take because she "doesn't know what order they're going in". The only thing she said she did know, was that they're going to get 1 class in by the end of the year and then another next year. but they will most likely be spaced 6 months apart. i asked her which class does it look like i will be getting in, and once again she said she "doesnt know, and she has no idea what happens to the files once she gives them to personnel " i personally think she knew more than she was letting on, but probably didnt want to get my hopes up too high, because as we all know from the past, this whole process can come to a screeching halt at anytime. BTW im a Jan '10 PAT

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:32 PM.

Forum Member

2ndgen what do you think would happen if you called your last investigate and politely asked him straight up if he would be willing to start your BI?

Forum Member

Spoke to Hammond yesterday : " everybody in processing will be getting called by the end if next week..." Take it for what it's worth.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:28 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BODE View Post
    Spoke to Hammond yesterday : " everybody in processing will be getting called by the end if next week..." Take it for what it's worth.
    So if I don't hear back by next week I'm taking it in the rear.....got it!

Thread Information