Like Tree288Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

  1. #9651
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    So if I don't hear back by next week I'm taking it in the rear.....got it!
    I think he meant CPAT will be called by next week.
    Last edited by teddyball; 09-19-2013 at 07:15 PM.

  2. #9652
    Forum Member
    Shadez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    364

    Default

    LMAO She doesn't get paid nearly enough to put up with all the visits, phone calls and emails. She probably can't wait to get back to doing normal HR work. Hahaha

  3. #9653
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Just recieved my background call today. Coming out to visit next week. No other info obtained other than what has been mentioned here. If anything, it shows calls are continuing to go out every day so keep your phones on boys!

  4. #9654
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    391

    Default

    When I was down scheduling medical today, mrs.hammond related that EVERYONE will get a bi call in short order. I know this process is stressful as heck and waiting is the worst, but I think you all will get called soon.

  5. #9655
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    That's what it sounds like.
    Great.
    I'm not sure how you or Dalsh interpreted that out of what Bode said. He didn't say that he didn't even imply that or say thats what was implied. Unless I'm reading the wrong thing.

  6. #9656
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chigo23 View Post
    I'm not sure how you or Dalsh interpreted that out of what Bode said. He didn't say that he didn't even imply that or say thats what was implied. Unless I'm reading the wrong thing.
    Yeah. I think I took that as if you are not called by the end of next week then you wont be processed for this class. After I re-read it I think I totally misinterpreted the statement. Sorry, just a little gun shy.

  7. #9657
    JMH
    JMH is offline
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    137

    Default

    was in for medical today and still on schedule. they said First class is Nov 1st, 2nd class is Feb or March.
    Last edited by JMH; 09-19-2013 at 09:50 PM.

  8. #9658
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chigo23 View Post
    I'm not sure how you or Dalsh interpreted that out of what Bode said. He didn't say that he didn't even imply that or say thats what was implied. Unless I'm reading the wrong thing.
    I'm now confused on what you think I misinterpreted. I read it as everyone in processing should be called by the end of next week, so I responded, ok, so if I'm not called, I'm screwed. What did Bode mean, not sure how it was misinterpreted by me. I thought I read correctly, b/c that was exactly what it said.

  9. #9659
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    170

    Default

    I took it as if you're not called by the end if next week, then the Nov class is probably a longshot. What she told me was " you should be fine for the Nov class" this was after I told her I have yet to be called for BI. She asked me where I took my CPAT and I told her I had it done two weeks before the first day of processing from SUFD.
    I still don't know how to take any info from her. She could just be saying what I want to hear. She knows I'm a FP guy. But that doesn't matter anymore..it's sad..
    allroad likes this.

  10. #9660
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Agreed, thus why I said if I don't hear by next week I'm screwed, not sure what everyone else took your or my comments to mean.
    allroad likes this.

  11. #9661
    Forum Member
    Shadez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    364

    Default

    What I find weird is the fact that she keeps asking where people took the test. What does it matter?
    nbsmith28 likes this.

  12. #9662
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    I'm now confused on what you think I misinterpreted. I read it as everyone in processing should be called by the end of next week, so I responded, ok, so if I'm not called, I'm screwed. What did Bode mean, not sure how it was misinterpreted by me. I thought I read correctly, b/c that was exactly what it said.
    I see what your saying. I took it as everyone regardless of where they are in the process (BI,waiting for BI, medical, etc.), and independent of which class you may or may not be in, will have at least been called by next Friday.

    My comment was my really bad attempt to interpret it as good thing and tell everyone who hasn't been called yet to keep their heads up. In a process with so many ups and downs like this one it becomes really easy to read into things or automatically assume the worst. I know it's tough but keeping a positive attitude is the only thing we can control in this process, and the only thing we can do to make the waiting a little easier.

    Keep in mind even if you, or I, or whom ever doesn't make it into the November class they wouldn't be give a veterans make up exam if they weren't planning on the list being around for a while. And every body I talk to who is already on the job says the city is gearing up to do a lot of hiring. In 2012 alone over 600 firefighters retired and the city hasn't added any new firefighters to the system in over two years who knows how many retired in 2010, and 2011.
    Last edited by chigo23; 09-20-2013 at 03:40 PM.

  13. #9663
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Gotcha. I'm really only concerned with hearing anything at all. Myself along with many others haven't heard anything since the first week of June when we were last processed at which time the many of us that had already turned in our CPAT were told we would hear back from BI by the end of the month. I'm glad that they are actually doing something and many of you have been called, but for me, I am now 3 months late on when I was told to expect to hear something. I'm definitely not looking for negative, I'm just a realist. I'm getting married in 2 weeks and then will be out of the country on my Honeymoon, so honestly, CFD is not really on my top priority right now. If they call me next week, hopefully they can schedule me for medical that next week before my wedding, otherwise they can wait for me for once.

  14. #9664
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    28

    Default

    FFDINO, you have mentioned a few times you are with a bity city department. Do you mind if I ask what city you work for, and why you want to leave?

  15. #9665
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    77

    Default

    I know a lot of people keep calling down to Clinton asking when they are going to get a call from a BI and stuff...but do we really think that is going to help or just give the standard " you will hear something soon." just wondering if that isn't going to irritate or tie them up more than moving things faster.

  16. #9666
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    478

    Default

    ^It's a waste of time, but nobody listens. If anything, the more you bug them, the more they'll stick it to you.

    Think about it. You're basically calling them repeatedly, and implying that they aren't doing their job. I know we don't see it that way, but put yourself in their shoes and just think about it.
    Last edited by harrynuts; 09-20-2013 at 07:59 PM.

  17. #9667
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harrynuts View Post
    ^It's a waste of time, but nobody listens. If anything, the more you bug them, the more they'll stick it to you.

    Think about it. You're basically calling them repeatedly, and implying that they aren't doing their job. I know we don't see it that way, but put yourself in their shoes and just think about it.
    The way I see it is when they get to my folder they will call. No reason to think I have been forgotten yet. Do I think I will make the November class? As of now, no. But I refuse to call down there.It seems like everyone gets the same answer. No reason to think I would be told something different. I don't fault those that do call. I know this has been the never ending process. I have waited this long so I can wait a little longer.

    As of now we know Personel has all the folders. So it is in their hands. Ms. Hammond has done her job so don't think calling her will help. Just my opinion. Again to those who call. Do what you feel you need to do. But maybe Harry has a good point as well. They may take the calls the wrong way. So far it has been "shut up and do what you are told". So I am abiding by that. If, come January, I have not heard anything then I may make a call. But for now I will "shut up and do what I am told". Which right now is wait by the phone for my call.

  18. #9668
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newguy24 View Post
    FFDINO, you have mentioned a few times you are with a bity city department. Do you mind if I ask what city you work for, and why you want to leave?
    Yes, because it's not Chicago...
    Last edited by ffdino88; 10-02-2013 at 11:03 PM.

  19. #9669
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    The way I see it is when they get to my folder they will call. No reason to think I have been forgotten yet. Do I think I will make the November class? As of now, no. But I refuse to call down there.It seems like everyone gets the same answer. No reason to think I would be told something different. I don't fault those that do call. I know this has been the never ending process. I have waited this long so I can wait a little longer.

    As of now we know Personel has all the folders. So it is in their hands. Ms. Hammond has done her job so don't think calling her will help. Just my opinion. Again to those who call. Do what you feel you need to do. But maybe Harry has a good point as well. They may take the calls the wrong way. So far it has been "shut up and do what you are told". So I am abiding by that. If, come January, I have not heard anything then I may make a call. But for now I will "shut up and do what I am told". Which right now is wait by the phone for my call.
    while i understand the merit of the argument of keeping quiet and not drawing any undue attention to one's self (and if i ever get on the job i will definitely adopt that philosophy) at the end of the day the only one looking out for you is you and staying informed and making a tactful phone call from time to time isn't going to do much, if anything, to penalize a candidate and it may be the only way to stay in the process.

    case in point: as i mentioned i've followed this forum long before i ever posted simply because i never had much to add to the monthly rumor, though in april/may when everyone and their uncle started posting simeltaneously that the gears were moving again i called down to cfd hq and spoke with hammond to make sure that my mailing address was up to date, which it was, but due to a clerical error that affected many, the packet was still sent to a residence i have not lived in since i got my initial interest card. so i called back down and explained the situation and was told to pick up a packet, which i did. the original never made it to my house. if i wasn't assertive and alert to what was going on i would no longer be cfd hopeful.

    at the end of the day you have to do what you can for yourself. obviously don't be obnoxious or offensive, but i feel like everyone should be able to inquire about what is happening.
    bagosoxgo likes this.

  20. #9670
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I took and passed the physical and drug test in early 2010 or 2011. Anyone on here that took and passed the physical that long ago that has still not heard anything? I am concerned that maybe I slipped through the cracks. Lastly, is there a search function in this forum so I can see if this has already been discussed by anyone?

  21. #9671
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYeah View Post
    I took and passed the physical and drug test in early 2010 or 2011. Anyone on here that took and passed the physical that long ago that has still not heard anything? I am concerned that maybe I slipped through the cracks. Lastly, is there a search function in this forum so I can see if this has already been discussed by anyone?
    I found the search function...

  22. #9672
    Forum Member
    Shadez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    364

    Default

    If it was April 2010 when you took the physical its very possible that...

    1. A packet was sent to the address that you gave them when they called us back in 2010 to take the physical and if you have relocated since you may have missed your opportunity.

    2. You're number hasn't been called so to speak and you're most likely still in the process you just haven't been called upon yet.


    I would suggest search the name Miss Hammond on here and you'll find a direct number to her so you can ask her where you are in the process exactly.


    Good luck!
    Last edited by Shadez; 09-23-2013 at 12:16 PM.

  23. #9673
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Sorry- Yes there are many days you can choose from, and it takes all day. I was out of town that is why it took so long to get back to you. Good Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by ILFFPM View Post
    Pb was there a variety of days to choose from? Im going out of town next wk. But want to get it done asap. Thank you.

  24. #9674
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYeah View Post
    I took and passed the physical and drug test in early 2010 or 2011. Anyone on here that took and passed the physical that long ago that has still not heard anything? I am concerned that maybe I slipped through the cracks. Lastly, is there a search function in this forum so I can see if this has already been discussed by anyone?
    has anything happened this year for you? sounds like you are a Jan 10 PAT guy. there was a packet mailed out in april and everyone has gone in twice for drug tests since then in addition to filling out a background questionnaire and having to do a new physical. some others have been through background investigation and fewer their medical exam. if none of that has happened you may not have received your packet.

  25. #9675
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Thank you guys. The address I gave to CFD is my parents because I rent and move every other year or so in the city and they are staying put in the burbs. I am hoping that I just haven't been processed yet because that would be bad news if it was mailed and it didn't make it to my parents. I called and emailed Ms Hammond over the last couple of years to get a status update and have not heard anything back.


    Quote Originally Posted by ffemt_applicant View Post
    has anything happened this year for you? sounds like you are a Jan 10 PAT guy. there was a packet mailed out in april and everyone has gone in twice for drug tests since then in addition to filling out a background questionnaire and having to do a new physical. some others have been through background investigation and fewer their medical exam. if none of that has happened you may not have received your packet.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. World Of Fire Report: 03-19-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2005, 11:02 PM
  2. World Of Fire Report: 03-15-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-18-2005, 08:15 AM
  3. World Of Fire Report: 03-09-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 07:41 PM
  4. World Of Fire Report: 03-29-04
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 10:52 PM
  5. World Of Fire Report: 03-28-04
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 09:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register