Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 387 of 552 FirstFirst ... 287337377384385386387388389390397437487 ... LastLast
Results 7,721 to 7,740 of 11028
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JR1980 View Post
    I think all of this talk of our list being thrown out is highly unlikely. Think about it, the city HAS to have a pool of candidates at all times. In case of a catastrophe or any other hiring needs, the city has to be able at any time to start processing people. When they hold a new test and establish a new list, that is when the 2006 pool will be done. Just my opinion
    The sad thing is, the city will do what the city wants to do. And unfortunately it leaves everyone hanging. They've not been known to do things that make sense. The one thing that they are good at is setting themselves up for further litigation. If you look at the big picture, either way they go, they could possibly set themselves up for a lawsuit from one side or another, so what is the best path to take for them? What direction will they go that will do the least amount of financial damage. Ultimately, the city only need to keep their eligibility list for 2 - 4 years as most departments, coast to coast do. There is no transparency with CFD, and that, for everyone is unfortunate.

However, keep the hopes high, because you just never know.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Forum Member

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BODE View Post
    I agree 100% with fireparamedic..i personally know 3 people who failed..one i ran a 50 mile marathon with, one girl who was a fitness freak, and another who was as fit as me..it's luck of the draw, and luckily we passed and made it through.

But kids with clout, friends of friends who know people, and so on got through regardless if they passed or not.
    Id feel slighted too. They're suing not cause they "failed" rather than to show proof they passed and can pass it again with proper people monitoring it. It's a good leg, and i hope they win.
    I know a number of guys who have family on the job that were in great shape that also failed it. One was a Battalion Chief's son who was fresh off honorable discharge from the Marines; in very good shape. Further illustrates the point of how off-base the PAT process in the city. Not saying you deserve to get on just because of family on the job or clout, just saying that clout really didn't help many either.

Just read about the letters. Congrats to you guys...hope things keep moving along for you.

Forum Member

Any jan 2010 PAT'ers get letters??

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    Any jan 2010 PAT'ers get letters??
    I am a Jan 2010 guy and I got mine

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    I am a Jan 2010 guy and I got mine
    Music to my ears!!!!!

Im stuck at work until 6 - wont be able to check mail until then. What did it say?! What did it say?!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    Letter are in the mail, check ur boxes today. Im heading home now. My buddy just called me freaking out, may 9th is the CPAT. thats right around the corner boys. Start training HARD! This IS HAPPENING!!!!!
    May 9th is orientation. We do CPAT on our own

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    Music to my ears!!!!!

Im stuck at work until 6 - wont be able to check mail until then. What did it say?! What did it say?!
    They delivered it to my moms house LOL. I haven't lived there in years. She said I have to report on May 9th for orientation. She did have to sign for the letter. I will know more when I get home.

Forum Member

I did NOT receive a letter today i have a phone call in to personnel im really worried. I hate feeling like this. I live in the burbs so its not a out of state thing.

Forum Member

Im in the NW suburbs....buddy of mine in the city got his. Im a jan 2010 PAT'er.....will know after work if i received mine. If not today, im sure tomorrow. Heard they went certified with signature REQUIRED.

Forum Member

Its messed up because all my original physical stuff went to my condo. I changed addresses and even have the paperwork for it. Oh well thank god for my mom. Lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ILFFPM View Post
    I did NOT receive a letter today i have a phone call in to personnel im really worried. I hate feeling like this. I live in the burbs so its not a out of state thing.
    Dont worry buddy, me and 2 others waiting did not get ours today, I live in Edison Park- nw side of city. A buddy of mine got his and was in the PAT 2010, I was in the PAT March 09. You will get yours as will I tomorrow.

Forum Member

Let me ask you - what number did you call at personal- I would like to place a call if I do not get a letter tomorrow. Thanks
    PB

Forum Member

Like above, kept my moms address as current address as i was still living at home at the time i tested. Now sitting in her driveway waiting for the mail key to be dropped off.....the suspense is killing me.

Naturally the one day i don't bring my keys to her place i need them the most.....

Forum Member

Not home work late shift today now I want to leave just to check the mail.. but I'm out of state

Forum Member

I'm JAN '10 PAT and didn't get my letter today. Guess I'll just pull up a lawn chair by the mailbox tomorrow and wait. So pumped!

Forum Member

Jan 2010 PAT here........got the letter.....sort of. Got notice to pick up from post office - these are being sent Certified, Signature required folks!!!!

Get ready boys and girls!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    Letter are in the mail, check ur boxes today. Im heading home now. My buddy just called me freaking out, may 9th is the CPAT. thats right around the corner boys. Start training HARD! This IS HAPPENING!!!!!
    Does it have to be dropped off in person like the interest cards, or do you just show up for the orientation? Still waiting here, I'm part of the April 2010 PAT group. Got my fingers crossed.

Looks like some people here filed the address change and the city still screwed up and sent out to old addresses. I'm calling tomorrow to make sure my info was changed competently.
    Last edited by harrynuts; 04-24-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Forum Member

So it seems as if roughly half the people got letters today any 2009 pat people get letters? I know of a couple besides me that didn't also some 2010 pat people that didn't. So no rhyme or reason that I can discern. Im hoping its a mail thing and the rest of us get em tommorow.

Thread Information