Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 390 of 556 FirstFirst ... 290340380387388389390391392393400440490 ... LastLast
Results 7,781 to 7,800 of 11107
Like Tree283Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

I am a Jan 2010 PAT'er that received a PASSING letter on the agilities way back in 2010 and i got my letter yesterday....directly from CFD on Clinton St....certified mail w/signature required....info/dates on CPAT and my background packet along with doc release to perform CPAT.

It almost seems like there's a mixed bag of who got letters? I dont understand why guys who already did background/medical haven't gotten anything? Maybe more to come?

This is confusing.

Forum Member

2ndGenCFD

You think it would be possible to visit my local PO without a slip and see if they can look for a certified letter addressed to my name?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by harrynuts View Post
    2ndGenCFD

You think it would be possible to visit my local PO without a slip and see if they can look for a certified letter addressed to my name?
    I know this was adressed to someone else but.... yes you can. Call or go in - just need valid photo ID with matching address

Forum Member

I got my packet, went to my house i moved from 5 years ago! Going to grab it from post office tomorrow..sheeesh

Forum Member

Oh Keefus, as a matter of fact, I am on the list. Now, negative, depending on how you look at at and how familiar you are with the way the city and CFD do things. Others that are familiar would just call it realistic. I hate to see guys put their lives on hold for anything, life is just way too damn short. During this waiting period people should've been testing for other departments because nothing, regardless of where you fall on the list, is ever guaranteed. Just like some guys that bought, in the city, because they passed and received a certain number on the list. You didn't have to move here until before the academy starts and you certainly didn't have to buy anything, because that could end financially tragic.

Never put your eggs in one basket. And to those that received the letter, congrats and good luck. If you received the letter from the attorney, then you were grouped in with the females that didn't pass. They are giving everyone the opportunity to take the CPAT to place. There are I believe 185 females that received letters from the attorney, even if they did not participate in the lawsuit. It has something to do with the fact it became a class action lawsuit. Now, the females have the option to opt out and take a cash settlement or take the CPAT and if they pass, they continue on in the process, if they fail, they still get the money. The guys, do not have the option, they take the CPAT and either pass or fail it. And the rest of you, get your asses in gear and in shape and pass that CPAT, otherwise, you are out of the running. It still sets the city up for multiple lawsuits, but it evens out the playing field. There will be no questions on the CPAT. Who is going to proctor the CPAT, no one knows yet. If it was done properly, it would be administered by either NIPSTA or SUFD, unless they could get reps from the IAFF to administer the test. Any other way, would still be a bit shady to me.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Forum Member

I literally missed the last class by a few numbers..yep in high 1100's...is everybody a 9 ssn?

Forum Member

Harry do you still live at same address, you did when you took written test? I moved a couple times and changed address with CFD each time and packet still went to address i gave during written.

2nd gen i asked what high school you went to, because names you were dropping. I went to ND with a couple of your cousins, and actually our parents grew up in the same neighborhood.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    I am a Jan 2010 PAT'er that received a PASSING letter on the agilities way back in 2010 and i got my letter yesterday....directly from CFD on Clinton St....certified mail w/signature required....info/dates on CPAT and my background packet along with doc release to perform CPAT.

It almost seems like there's a mixed bag of who got letters? I dont understand why guys who already did background/medical haven't gotten anything? Maybe more to come?

This is confusing.
    Maybe its to get us all on the same level? Then we all go into together.

Forum Member

NIPSTA is one of the sites for the city sponsored CPAT.

I wonder if they will process in order of who finishes/turns in CPAT first or even if we do the sponsored May dates, we all have to wait until August 1? Hopefully May 7 orientation will shed some light.....

Forum Member

Jetguy, Is sufd the other site sponsored?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ILFFPM View Post
    Jetguy, Is sufd the other site sponsored?
    Yep....in Indian Head Park

Forum Member

Last edited by ffdino88; 05-06-2013 at 06:06 PM.

Forum Member

To clarify in case anyone is confused. Had a buddy ask me this..... The May dates for the CPAT are orientations ONLY. It looks as if we have 8 weeks from the CPAT orientation date, to take the actual CPAT.

If you decide to take CPAT on your own, then you need it done by August 1.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffdino88 View Post
    Hey guys I'm a Jan 10 PAT with a list number of 21XX, I got my letter today!!!! Anyways it went to my parents address as well like many of yours did. I'm curious, I just took the CPAT at the NIPSTA site a few weeks ago, do you guys think they will accept outside agencies or will we have to do it through the City? Anyways guys lets hope and pray for the best!
    Congrats! Read that green sheet thoroughly again......

You can do CPAT via sponsored city program at NIPSTA or SUFD. If you sign-up for the city sponsored program, you have 8 weeks from orientation date to do the actual CPAT

You can pursue it on your own through any approved agency that administers CPAT. If your following that route, it must be completed by August 1.

Not sure if they will count your recent CPAT. Might be a good question to ask when you go down to FAS. I'm sure others are wondering the same.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Forum Member

Last edited by ffdino88; 05-09-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Forum Member

Off to the post office.. can't wait to get it In my hands

Forum Member

Is anyone else at all overwhelmed by the information requested in this packet? I'm 32 years old and have had over 10 residences since age 18, have had well over a dozen jobs since then, and I have tested at 18 different fire departments too. The packet asks for details on everything and I have no idea how to come up with all of the info. Anybody have any experience with packets like this?

Thread Information