Like Tree285Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    So my home inspection was scheduled for yesterday evening and then my wife went into labor.LOL what are the chances. I was able to reach the investigator and re schedule. LOL She was very cool about it. Was definitely a good reason. Baby Girl. 8lbs 6oz 20 inches. Life is awesome! Little girl has my heart.
    Teddy - congrats to you, your wife, and family! My daughter just turned one. Cherish these moments now......that first year will fly by!

Forum Member

Congrats on the baby girl..

Forum Member

Congrats Teddy.

Chigo, reading your post made me think this: wtf did they do from early June when we were last in there until middle August when they started contacting people? 15 weeks have passed since anyone that hasn't been called yet has heard anything.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    Congrats Teddy.

Chigo, reading your post made me think this: wtf did they do from early June when we were last in there until middle August when they started contacting people? 15 weeks have passed since anyone that hasn't been called yet has heard anything.
    they background checked all of the women first, regardless of whether they passed the cpat or not. so they were still running backgrounds, just not ours.

congrats teddy.

Forum Member

Congrats teddy, get ready for months of sleep deprivation.

Forum Member

Good call on the women, that was time well spent!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffemt_applicant View Post
    they background checked all of the women first, regardless of whether they passed the cpat or not. so they were still running backgrounds, just not ours.

congrats teddy.
    Exactly, so if it took them that long to do the 80 for the women its going to take much longer to do the remainder.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chigo23 View Post
    Exactly, so if it took them that long to do the 80 for the women its going to take much longer to do the remainder.
    Exactly, that's why your post about having hope for the November class made me have even less hope, b/c it made me truly realize again how slow this goes and how no way this happens in the next few weeks unless they already have a class about set.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by keefus View Post
    Congrats teddy, get ready for months of sleep deprivation.
    I can vouch for this - just now (13 months later) i'm getting a full night's sleep.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    Exactly, that's why your post about having hope for the November class made me have even less hope, b/c it made me truly realize again how slow this goes and how no way this happens in the next few weeks unless they already have a class about set.
    Well if that is how you took it then i wasn't clear as to my point or you misinterpreted it.

My point was i dont think, based on the pace they are moving at, the pace we have all observed, that they have had enough time to put a class together since they started calling us 5 weeks ago.

JMH
    Forum Member

I think your right...some comments ms hammond made at the medical scheduling made me think that too.

she made some comments that said its possible they push the start of that Nov class from the 1st to the 16th if they dont have enough people to fill that class.

I think if you have gotten called by your BI your still in good shape for the first class.

Forum Member

What's up guys....thought I would share this bit of information. My roommate just called me and told me that a guy from his house is going down as an instructor, and just received a letter today that he is to report on Oct 21st to begin Instructor orientation and training for a Nov 1st candidate firefighter class. This has to be great news for us!!!

Forum Member

Glad to hear that some of you are moving on and instructor orientation is starting. Gotta stay positive guys!!!
    Last edited by ffdino88; 10-02-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Forum Member

^Just want to add to this. Your guys numbers are off. They have at least 30 women ready to go. Add the 20% crossovers and that's already 60 spots. They need less than 100 from civilians and veterans. Also, no one said the class has to be 150. November is easily doable.

Forum Member

I agree with the Shadez hate.
    ffdino88 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    She came to do my background last night around 6:50pm. It took all of 5 minutes to do. She wanted updated (2014) copies of city sticker and plate sticker registration. She said I was one of the easiest she's had for 2 weeks since I've only had 2 jobs my whole life. She mentioned a union worker who had over 65 jobs and listed everyone of them so she had to call each of them and it took nearly 3-4 days to complete. Which one of you are that guy? Lol. She said they're talking about 150 person class and the rumor of the current head of training stepping down that my source heard a few weeks back was true because she mentioned that as well. I didn't get called for medical shortly after. Lol

Back to the waiting game. The excitement was short bit sweet.
    Shadez. My BI told me when I called her to switch the day ,that she had a person right in my neck of the woods that she had to visit as well. You in Mt. Greenwood by chance?

Also,
    I appreciate all the kind words from you guys. My wife and I are truly blessed that they are both healthy.

Forum Member

Twins Teddy?!

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:25 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    Twins Teddy?!
    LOL! No. By both being healthy I meant my wife and daughter.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by killerbe20 View Post
    never posted but have been reading for a long time.

someone awhile back stated they were taking their CPAT in West Allis, WI. Just wondering if that person has been called for their BI yet. I took mine in West Allis and have not been called yet.
    Has anyone thats been called so far taken their CPAT outside of Illinois? I'm a Jan PATer and no call again today

Forum Member

The current contract says absolutely 100% no matter what the CFD shall not hire any cheeseheads under any condition. Chapter 7 article 14

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by dalmation795 View Post
    The current contract says absolutely 100% no matter what the CFD shall not hire any cheeseheads under any condition. Chapter 7 article 14
    hoping to slip through the cracks
    dalmation795 and nbsmith28 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    Shadez. My BI told me when I called her to switch the day ,that she had a person right in my neck of the woods that she had to visit as well. You in Mt. Greenwood by chance?

Also,
    I appreciate all the kind words from you guys. My wife and I are truly blessed that they are both healthy.
    Congrats to you and yours on the little one, Teddy. Got two of my own that are 4 and 2 and whoever said to enjoy her because the time will fly is absolutely correct. My 4 and 2 year olds seem like they're going on 14 and 12. There's times when they act their age but for the most part they act way older. Lol

No, I'm in Garfield Ridge. She told me I was the last one she had to do for the night because I lived closest to her.

Sorry fellas, I honestly wasn't expecting to get called before some of you at all. Keefus and I actually have a mutual friend and told keefus last week that my hopes weren't high on getting called this time around if they're going by when the CPAT was turned in and I totally expected him to get a call before I did.

You guys will be getting the call soon enough. Hopefully that mends our live/hate relationship. Lol

Good luck fellas!
    ffdino88 likes this.

Forum Member

I'm still thinking we all need to go grab a ice cold beer... When in Chicago I stay in westlawn area..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nbsmith28 View Post
    I'm still thinking we all need to go grab a ice cold beer... When in Chicago I stay in westlawn area..
    Indeed! I'll be up in Edison Park within the next month moving into a condo.

Thread Information