Like Tree284Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JR1980 View Post
    Is anyone else at all overwhelmed by the information requested in this packet? I'm 32 years old and have had over 10 residences since age 18, have had well over a dozen jobs since then, and I have tested at 18 different fire departments too. The packet asks for details on everything and I have no idea how to come up with all of the info. Anybody have any experience with packets like this?
    Yeah it is a lot to remember. I think we have some time to return the information. I know it is not due when we go to orientation. I guess the best way is to look for old bills or maybe online for your old residences. I know some of those sites that you use to find family members show old known addresses. I know I did a search for an aunt that I haven't seen in years.

Forum Member

Wow I thought it had to be done by orientation. Yeah, after looking at it again, it doesn't say that you need to bring the questionnaire completed. It will still take some serious digging.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffdino88 View Post
    I hope they do just so I can hopefully get this process underway... I might try to call, probably be tough to get an answer but I did take the CPAT literally less than 20 days ago, I hope they accept it. Anyways good luck guys!
    It says on the CPAT Information Sheet..."If you passed the CPAT during the period of Novemeber, 1 2012 to the present, you may produce your CPAT card at CFD to proceed to the next phase of the hiring process."

Forum Member

Yeah it kinda feels like starting over but I guess it is what it is.. at least its a chance

Forum Member

I wonder how many envelopes were sent out. The fact they sent them to old addresses could change the amount of people who actually show up May 7th, 8th or 9th.

Forum Member

Pretty sure they don't dig too deep into past employment or where you lived..i put my last house and last job, that's it..they never checked any of them...so is anybody else getting the Dr page filled out if u passed the CPAT recently?

Forum Member

I wonder if the sooner you can show completion with a passing score on the CPAT, the sooner they will process you further?

Or would they wait until the Aug 1 cutoff and process everyone further at the same time?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    I wonder if the sooner you can show completion with a passing score on the CPAT, the sooner they will process you further?

Or would they wait until the Aug 1 cutoff and process everyone further at the same time?
    Based off this..."If you passed the CPAT during the period of Novemeber, 1 2012 to the present, you may produce your CPAT card at CFD to proceed to the next phase of the hiring process."

It sounds like the sooner you get it done the sooner you move along to the "next phase" of the hiring process.

Forum Member

If we do the CPAT on our own and fail can we continue to take it until we pass? Obviously that becomes expensive but i was just curious. lol

Forum Member

From what i've read here it looks like they're up to around list number 2100 on the recent packets, and have gone up to the Jan 2010 PAT candidates.

Has anyone from the April 2010 PAT group received anything?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by keefus View Post
    Harry do you still live at same address, you did when you took written test? I moved a couple times and changed address with CFD each time and packet still went to address i gave during written.
    No. Moved a couple times since then

Did your original interest card/PAT notice from a few years back go the same address this current packet went to?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by harrynuts View Post
    No. Moved a couple times since then

Did your original interest card/PAT notice from a few years back go the same address this current packet went to?
    Mine did and I have since moved twice. I also went to the office on Clinton and filled out the change of address form twice. What a waste of time. I'm just glad my buddy still lives there. I was checking my previous address but I definitely wasn't looking for it to be delivered to the address that I had put down during the written exam. I would have just assumed I never got a letter sent to me.

Forum Member

Heard from my two sources, this processing is for an October academy and January 2014 academy.

I believe it may have been mentioned prior but throwing it out there anyways.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    Heard from my two sources, this processing is for an October academy and January 2014 academy.

I believe it may have been mentioned prior but throwing it out there anyways.
    Heard roughly the same thing. Mid to late September and mid to late January 2014 class.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by harrynuts View Post
    From what i've read here it looks like they're up to around list number 2100 on the recent packets, and have gone up to the Jan 2010 PAT candidates.

Has anyone from the April 2010 PAT group received anything?
    I haven't Harry, and I'm 2350's. I just hope we get swooped in before they retest. I'm thinking that they may send out more letters if needed depending on the response/fail rate of the cpat. I don't think we'll be getting anything in the mail for awhile. Thoughts?

Forum Member

Heard this round of processing is for oct/jan academy from the 06 list, and these classes would finish off the list.

BUT you never know....heard they wanted 2-3 more off the 06 list - if thats true, that would leave one more academy left after the oct/jan classes.

Plus if they dont get the numbers they need, they would pull from the April 2010 PATer's i would think.

Forum Member

They puled more names than just those who have done the PAT. I'm just over 2400 and missed the Jan 2010 PAT by a couple of numbers. I just received my packet, which is the first thing since getting my list number.

Forum Member

So looks like we have guys that were waiting on FP (2009 group), jan and apr 2010 PAT'ers, and sounds like a few who havent even taken the original PAT that are all grouped together and pretty much starting over.....

Then you have the FAILED group now taking CPAT

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sean1982 View Post
    They puled more names than just those who have done the PAT. I'm just over 2400 and missed the Jan 2010 PAT by a couple of numbers. I just received my packet, which is the first thing since getting my list number.
    What date do you have your orientation on?

Forum Member

I got the 8th was waiting on final processing

Thread Information