Like Tree288Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Haven't heard back yet to do medical yet

Forum Member

Found out that some of the lawsuit ladies that passed CPAT have been/decided to defer to the 2014 class.

Guess that gives some hope that in addition to this upcoming Nov/Dec class, there WILL be another class in early 2014.

Forum Member

Of the 76, 73 deferred. So that tells me the women will have 73 spots in the next class (depending on CPAT) results. So I doubt even close to 73..

Forum Member

I wonder if that bought them more time to complete the CPAT on their own if they failed through CFD?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    I wonder if that bought them more time to complete the CPAT on their own if they failed through CFD?
    Yes, if they deferred, they were allowed through year's end to complete the CPAT.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BODE View Post
    Of the 76, 73 deferred. So that tells me the women will have 73 spots in the next class (depending on CPAT) results. So I doubt even close to 73..
    I know a lot of women deferred to give themselves more chances to pass. But if they passed before the November class they could join that class. That's why they investigated them first. Also I found out a girl I know was called but not part of the lawsuit. She was investigated right away as well. She did not pass her cpat and is out of the running now. So I guess they just called all the women regardless if lawsuit group or not.

Forum Member

It's so crazy that they wasted all that time doing all the BI on them without passing the CPAT. Did they not realize the pass rates of women on the CPAT? If they actually wanted to have a November class and that is still happening and all but 3 people deferred, why the heck were they processing them first, definitely bizarre and just speaking my thoughts, I don't expect anyone to have an explanation. I wonder if any of the 3 that did not defer passed, b/c they would be out now if they didn't.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    It's so crazy that they wasted all that time doing all the BI on them without passing the CPAT. Did they not realize the pass rates of women on the CPAT? If they actually wanted to have a November class and that is still happening and all but 3 people deferred, why the heck were they processing them first, definitely bizarre and just speaking my thoughts, I don't expect anyone to have an explanation. I wonder if any of the 3 that did not defer passed, b/c they would be out now if they didn't.
    Were you able to get ahold of personnel? I know you said you will be out of the country soon. Maybe that will get your BI kick started.

got my call yesterday monday 09-30-13 to schedule medical. the female BI went to my house on aug 28th
    done the cpat on my own , turned in when we went for processing in june. (sorry if this is the tenth post, but they are just not posting)

Forum Member

i still get the feeling that there will be more classes in 2014.

Forum Member

got my call on monday to schedule medical... the female investigator came to my house the last week in august. had my CPAT turned in june. it looks like the phone calls are coming in monday and tuesdays. i imagine that they will be doing medicals up until november. When i got the call they said " We are offering you a conditional ***** of employment dependent on you passing your background" some of the best words that i have ever heard.

ALSO 2009 pat
    Last edited by bagosoxgo; 10-01-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bagosoxgo View Post
    got my call on monday to schedule medical... the female investigator came to my house the last week in august. had my CPAT turned in june. it looks like the phone calls are coming in monday and tuesdays. i imagine that they will be doing medicals up until november. When i got the call they said " We are offering you a conditional ***** of employment dependent on you passing your background" some of the best words that i have ever heard.

ALSO 2009 pat
    If you got called for your medical, doesn't that mean you passed your background? I thought once the BI came to your house, that meant your BI portion was complete.

Forum Member

^ your file is reviewed once the investigator turns it in, then you get cleared..hence the day or two (or longer) it takes after the initial visit to get a call for Medical.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    Were you able to get ahold of personnel? I know you said you will be out of the country soon. Maybe that will get your BI kick started.
    Same story as most people who call down there, got voicemail. I told them what's going on, but I don't expect to get a call anyway.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BODE View Post
    ^ your file is reviewed once the investigator turns it in, then you get cleared..hence the day or two (or longer) it takes after the initial visit to get a call for Medical.
    Oh ok. I thought home visit was the last thing. I thought they did criminal first, then personal check(employment, references,home visit, etc) then medical. Thanks for clearing that up BODE. Hopefully hear from medical soon.

Forum Member

Just thought I would share. Got a call today. Last name starts with W, did CPAT on my own at NIPSTA. Was told to expect a home visit next week. Very short and sweet.

Forum Member

^almosy exact same story. Anyways it's good news all around, no more hatin on Shadez...
    Last edited by ffdino88; 10-02-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Forum Member

Still no call for medical yet

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffdino88 View Post
    ^almosy exact same story. W, NIPSTA... Calling my employer tomorrow then turning in to the brass to be cleared. What he's hearing is mid November and there is a likely hood I could be in it. Said they are moving fast, hope to get a call for medical in the next week or few days. Anyways it's good news all around, no more hatin on Shadez...
    I still hate.

Forum Member

Lol You guys are funny.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:25 PM.
    killerbe20 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    still no call still heading this thread more and more everyday
    same here, last name way before W. No return call from personnel either

Forum Member

I'm still waiting for a call, turned my cpat in on the first day with everyone, i called and emailed no answer ill wait one more week and then going down to clinton st.

Forum Member

http://www.suntimes.com/22925320-761...14-budget.html

Above is an article on the Mayor's 90 day hiring freeze he plans on implementing for the 2014 budget. This "shouldn't" affect us, read it anyway.
    Shadez likes this.

Forum Member

So im confused as to the investigators role in make the decision as to whether or not one passed BI.

Thread Information