Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 392 of 557 FirstFirst ... 292342382389390391392393394395402442492 ... LastLast
Results 7,821 to 7,840 of 11121
Like Tree284Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

I received the 7th for orientation....Jan 2010 PAT group.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    It says on the CPAT Information Sheet..."If you passed the CPAT during the period of Novemeber, 1 2012 to the present, you may produce your CPAT card at CFD to proceed to the next phase of the hiring process."
    ....................dfdfdfdfdf dfdf
    Last edited by ffdino88; 08-29-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    I received the 7th for orientation....Jan 2010 PAT group.

dfdfdfeerrrreefdfdfdf
    Last edited by ffdino88; 08-29-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffdino88 View Post
    Sorry about the obvious questions, the packet went to my parents house and I was going off of what my Mom read off to me on the phone lol. Anyways looks like I should be good to go for the CPAT portion since is completed it earlier this month at NIPSTA. I'm curious, because my # is 21**, that if I already have my CPAT done and I'm "eligible to move on to the next step in the process," that I could be placed in front of guys with lower numbers?? Or I wonder if they will hire in order from 1100's on up? Anyways guys I guess we can second guess this all day long but the reality is by 2015 we'll probably have a good idea what's going to happen, haha... Good luck guys
    This is exactly what im wondering.....

2015? Oh right......24/48's baby!!!!!!!

Forum Member

Pretty positive FPers will go first class with some of the girls..at least we better!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BODE View Post
    Pretty positive FPers will go first class with some of the girls..at least we better!
    I would think so however, letter stated due to the time that has passed, even if you began processing, you must re-process.

I'm sure we will know more when we go down to FAS as I'm sure these questions will spring up.

Just nice to know things are moving after all this time.....

Forum Member

Letters are now going out to those that failed, pre 2009. And shortly, the age limit for cross overs will be dropped. It will remain for civilians, as it should, since it's an issue with the pension. So, any of you not yet 38, and have failed the PAT prior to 2009, be on the look out. Carry on.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:49 PM.
    Alex_V likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    My orientation is on the 8th also. Didnt know they were doing it on the 7th. Wonder how they're doing this. I was a March 09 PAT and waiting on FP, # is 1200.

1. Just to make sure i read this correctly, the "interest card" we got in the packet is supposed to be brought with us to the orientation, correct?

2. I've read that some people have gotten the CFD background questionnaire, myself included. Som of you guys didnt get that?

3. Anyone looking to train, I know a personal trainer who has set up a mock cpat course, except the ladder raise, in a personal training studio. If u're interested, let me know and I will see if he will take on some clients. He's pretty busy as is tho. Going to meet him next wednesday. He's also a jan10 pat guy.

1. Yes bring the interest card to orientation. Completed of course
    2. I am a Jan 10 PAT and I have the background questionnaire included in my packet.
    3. Heck yeah I would be interested in training. Let me know if he will take on another client.

Forum Member

Holy $hit ! i haven't been on in a couple of weeks & the whole dynamic of this thread has changed. this is awesome. however im a 2010 PAT, my #'s in the 1900s & i haven't received my letter either. i moved 2 years ago from edison park to norwood park, and i went down to Clinton St. TWICE to make sure my address was updated. whats my best bet, to go down to Clinton st. again or do u think my letter is sitting at the post office on Northwest Highway/Harlem ? Tomorrow is going to be the longest Sunday EVER !!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fireparamedic View Post
    It will remain for civilians, as it should, since it's an issue with the pension. So, any of you not yet 38, and have failed the PAT prior to 2009, be on the look out. Carry on.
    So basically, the only reason the age cutoffs are established is for pension reasons?
    I tought it also had something to do with the safety and health concerns of putting elders into a FF position. I know most suburbs and out of state FD's have similar cutoffs. Some even under 30

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fireparamedic View Post
    Letters are now going out to those that failed, pre 2009. And shortly, the age limit for cross overs will be dropped. It will remain for civilians, as it should, since it's an issue with the pension. So, any of you not yet 38, and have failed the PAT prior to 2009, be on the look out. Carry on.
    Where did you hear they're dropping the cross-over age limit?

Forum Member

[I]got a letter waiting for me at the post office to. This is my 3rd and final chance my #3xx so if there are any guys on the cusp I wil get you a little closer cause I'm not taking it. I have a steady job good pay and I'm 37 going on 38 in January. If I was for real about this job I would have taken it in 2008 the first time I figure. Good Luck to all you guys it's been a long time coming!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by harrynuts View Post
    So basically, the only reason the age cutoffs are established is for pension reasons?
    I tought it also had something to do with the safety and health concerns of putting elders into a FF position. I know most suburbs and out of state FD's have similar cutoffs. Some even under 30
    Correct, it is for pension reasons. I believe the retirement age for FS&R is 63, unless you can get into the 55 and out category.

Age really has nothing to do with ability. Look at some of these older fellas(I wouldn't call any of them elders), that can do some heavy work on any company that they are assigned to.

Yes, there are departments, coast to coast that have that age cut off and there are departments that do not, which I can't explain. But, the majority of those departments that have the age cut off, also have an exclusion for members that want to test that come from another union department. They'll subtract your years on another union department and roll your pension into theirs.

The only department I've seen with a limit under 30 is FDNY.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman26 View Post
    Where did you hear they're dropping the cross-over age limit?
    This is general knowledge with people on the job. All you have to do is speak with a union rep. It's with the city's legal department right now. It's just a matter of changing some language, which doesn't have to wait for the contract negotiations to be settled.

Forum Member

My contact just confirmed they are processing for all stages in order of our numbers.....not by who gets what stages done first (basically no jumping in line)

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:48 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    My contact just confirmed they are processing for all stages in order of our numbers.....not by who gets what stages done first (basically no jumping in line)
    Good to know. Does anyone know what the last(highest) # is for those that were in FP? I'm in low 1700's and wondering if I have a shot at the 1st academy

Forum Member

I think the highest FP #is 1400's...at least that's what i remember hearing a few years back. Glad to hear it's still going by #'s..

Man I forgot what number I was. I guess I'll be hunting for my paper work on that tonight. Its been so long I thought I was past the point where I needed to know it. lol

Thread Information