Like Tree289Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Yes I do, My entire Life.. It Starts With H..

Forum Member

Medical phase two complete...

Forum Member

nbsmith,

How long total would you say the medical took?

Forum Member

Keefus & Teddy,

It was nice to finally meet you guys as well.

Forum Member

Awwwwwwwww

Forum Member

This guy. lol
    dalmation795 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    nbsmith,

How long total would you say the medical took?
    About two hours... get there about 30 mins early, you have to fill out more forms.

Forum Member

Thanks, Bago.

Forum Member

Hey guys, I'm full time on a suburban department with 7 years into my pension. Does Chicago accept other pensions not their own? If not where should that $ go. See you nov 18th!!

Forum Member

Hey teddy how long were you guys there to schedule the medical? Around what time was everyone done? I got called to schedule medical yesterday morning. I'm scheduled to go next Thursday at 10. Any advice? Thanks.

Forum Member

There was 44 of us yesterday. The largest class up to this point. They only had 2 guys working the **** test line so it went pretty slow yesterday. It all depends on how many of you there are and how many people they have working the **** test lines. We had to be there at 10am and didn't get out until 1-1:30.

Advice...

*Be the first to get there (everything throughout the day is based on what time you got there) although everyone leaves at the same time but you get to choose on things by the time you arrived.

*Sign in at the front desk (you will notice signs for applicants to go to Room A)

*Go to Room A (there will also be another sign in sheet on the first table as you walk in)

*Bring a couple (just incase) Black Ballpoint Pens, photo ID and dress properly.

You're all good after that.
    Last edited by Shadez; 10-11-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Forum Member

hey guys...great news...my roommate had to go turn some paperwork in at the Quinn today, so I tagged along. When we got there the new Chief of Training was in the lobby, my roommate knew him and introduced me to him. he said right to me that the class is going in Nov 18th...final. So the 18th looks great. He also said that they have the class pretty much filled, and that anyone going this week or after is being slated for a March class!! so I guess more good news that a 2nd class is being put together!!! well boys have a good weekend, after that encounter I am going to have a great weekend!!!

Forum Member

There was 44 of us yesterday. The largest class up to this point. They only had 2 guys working the **** test line so it went pretty slow yesterday. It all depends on how many of you there are and how many people they have working the **** test lines. We had to be there at 10am and didn't get out until 1-1:30.

Advice...

*Be the first to get there (everything throughout the day is based on what time you got there) although everyone leaves at the same time but you get to choose on things by the time you arrived.

*Sign in at the front desk (you will notice signs for applicants to go to Room A)

*Go to Room A (there will also be another sign in sheet on the first table as you walk in)

*Bring a couple (just incase) Black Ballpoint Pens, photo ID and dress properly.

You're all good after that.
    And ask lots of questions to keep everyone there longer, isn't that right Teddy? Lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by keefus View Post
    And ask lots of questions to keep everyone there longer, isn't that right Teddy? Lol
    LMAO Most hated guy already. Hahaha

Forum Member

LMAO Most hated guy already. Hahaha
    LOL Yup! I know the dude next to me was ****ed I think when more questions were being asked.

"He also said that they have the class pretty much filled, and that anyone going this week or after is being slated for a March class!! so I guess more good news that a 2nd class is being put together!!"

And that is why I refuse to get excited by anything they tell us. We were told point blank. Pass and you are in in November. In fact no one even asked a question specific to start date. I think the Chief of Training would know so I am going with what Goldie said as the most realistic possibility. Anyone who was there yesterday, am I off base on what was said? It is possible I misunderstood.

Forum Member

Yea, I was pretty surprised by the guy that came in at the end of the class and screamed...CONGRATULATIONS!!!! to all of us, and then Miss Hammond giving us the in between the lines approval that we would be in the next class if medical went good. The gentleman instructor that was assisting throughout the day also chatted with us while we were in the **** test line and told us if we couldn't read between the lines of "you got a good chance if medical goes good" he didn't know what else to tell us. I also knew some people working in medical and even they said congrats to me. It was a bit bizarre but my mind has been trained not to assume. I will be excited on November 18th if it happens.

Forum Member

That's why I asked you if you heard that from anyone here before. Mrs. Hammond said, "The people in this room, if you pass medical, you are in Nov.18 class if its not delayed." And at the end she was saying see you at FP.

Forum Member

One of the guys in the room even asked if he could pull out his phone to record her saying it. LMAO It was hilarious how the room got quiet when she said it. No one believed her or we're were all stunned she actually said it. Hahaha

Forum Member

I sort of believe her, because she expected some sort of everyone jumping up and down reaction. But her faced showed disappointment that she got nothing.
    Last edited by keefus; 10-11-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by keefus View Post
    I sort of believe her, because she expected some sort of everyone jumping up and down reaction. But her faced showed disappointment that she got nothing.
    LOL. That is true. It was meet with silence. We are all skeptical at this point.

Forum Member

Hey fellas, I didn't get to stay with you guys until the end because she was able to fit me in for my medical that afternoon, so I think four of us left early. Kinda surprised me with the medical too. Curious if you guys had anything.

Anyway, teddy I think you were the bald guy sitting behind me, nice to at least be around everyone.
    Last edited by ffdino88; 10-18-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffdino88 View Post
    Hey fellas, I was there with you all yesterday, sorry I didn't introduce myself but my eyes were killing me. Anyway I didn't get to stay with you guys until the end because she was able to fit me in for my medical that afternoon, so I think four of us left early. Kinda surprised me with the medical too. Didn't expect to take it so my travel diet my throw off my levels.
    My question is did anyone ask how many groups have gone to medical? We were all speculating 3-4 I think but no definite number. Also can anyone fill me in on how to clear up any medical issues. Basically I'm worried about my cholesterol. If it throws a red flag do you have your doc write something up then take it to them? Or do they send you the necessary paperwork for your doc to fill out? If they send the proper paperwork I'm worried it'll take too long and I'll get pushed back, vs just having a doc write something up you know?
    Also after the medical did you guys just check with the front desk an leave? They didn't give me any paperwork or anything, just said I was good and took off. Curious if you guys had anything.

Anyway, teddy I think you were the bald guy sitting behind me, nice to at least be around everyone.
    LOL Yes I was the bald guy. You must have been the guy who kept putting eyedrops in. Ms. Hammond said if any red flags come up on medical, you will be able to get a letter from your doctor stating he checked you out and has a plan for you. She told us , and take from it what you will, that they will throw just throw you out because of some medical issues. Now for serious issues it may not be as easy but if your cholesterol is a little high, you wont be shown the door.

Forum Member

Ha! I sat next you during the first drill hall meeting Dino. I was one of the early guys also to the right of teddy. I wanted to ask you what was up with the eye drops. What teddy said is true. If you have doubts make an appointment with your doctor now.

Forum Member

Yeah 2 hours I had to go back this morning because I had bbreakfast miss Hammond told me that she wasn't going to do the apt same day but like that she did

Forum Member

If you fail the medical do they notify you or just leave you hanging, I know no news is good news. But if you straight up fail it you get a letter or something?

Thread Information