Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 402 of 555 FirstFirst ... 302352392399400401402403404405412452502 ... LastLast
Results 8,021 to 8,040 of 11088
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Quote Originally Posted by harrynuts View Post
    A Chicago firefighter and paramedic was killed Thursday morning when the motorcycle he was riding crashed into a two semi-trucks on a highway in Springfield.

Sean Sloe, 37, was merging onto Interstate 55 near Clearlake Avenue in Springfield when the crash occurred at 10:46 a.m. Sloe was pronounced dead at the scene, according to an Illinois State Police spokesman. He was driving an Aprilia motorcycle, an Italian-made motorcycle made for speed.

Sloe worked out of a fire station at 6030 N. Avondale in the Norwood Park neighborhood, said fire department spokesman Larry Langford.
    I heard about the accident shortly after it happened. My uncle who is also CFD and a rider was on the trip as well and called the family to let us know it wasn't him. Over the years it's become a habbit of his whenever something CFD related happens he calls to let us know he's ok and before it hits the local news. He said it was just a freak accident.

My buddy who was in the very last class to graduate was also in the acadamy with Sean and said he was just a very good person and of course formed a bond with him through the acadamy that he will never forget.

R.I.P Sean Sloe

Forum Member

U not even on the job and gossiping like a b***h about the 111. From what everybody says about those guys there stand up dudes who are great to work with do all the house work and will out work a lot of guys on the job. Get on the job and see for yourself. And remember CFD still handles in house problems by going in the basement. Which I also know one of the 111 did, and it didn't come out good for the other

Forum Member

UN F@#$ING REAL!!!!
    From the Chicago Tribune

May 4, 2013

About 138 women who were denied jobs with the Chicago Fire Department following a test seven years ago will have a chance to reapply to be a firefighter on Monday after reaching an agreement with the city in a federal class-action lawsuit.

The women were part of a group of 187 who had passed the written test in 2006 but were later denied jobs because they failed the department’s physical abilities test. Close to 50 of the original applicants no longer meet the eligibility requirements.

In 2011, Samantha Vasich, one of the rejected female candidates, filed a lawsuit in federal court in Chicago, alleging the test was unfair to women because it placed too much emphasis on strength rather than firefighting skills.

Last month, the city agreed to use the Candidate Physical Ability Test, a more accurate test developed by the International Association of Firefighters, to assess the rejected women candidates for the next two firefighter classes, said Marni Willenson, one of the attorneys representing the plaintiffs.

"It's a vast improvement over what was there," Willenson said.

Under the new agreement, women who were denied jobs and who pass the new test will be given first priority.

Those who are not granted jobs, no longer want to apply or are ineligible will share about $2 million in damages, said Willenson.

A representative for the Chicago Fire Department could not be reached for comment Saturday afternoon.

“We’re pleased. We feel like the city is doing the right thing,” said Willenson.

The female candidates were sent letters late last month telling them they could reapply. Willenson said she has been in contact with about 80 women, but said there are likely others who don’t know about the opportunity.

"Some people didn’t even know there was a lawsuit filed,” she said.

Their agreement also sets aside funding for a training program for the women, which starts next week, according to Willenson.

Women who are hired will either join the fall 2013 class or another class in the early part of 2014.

The department will begin processing the applicants Monday morning at the Chicago Fire Department Academy South in the South Loop.
    Last edited by teddyball; 05-04-2013 at 07:53 PM.

Forum Member

I don't even know what to say....
    Last edited by ffdino88; 05-04-2013 at 09:00 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by onedaychiff View Post
    U not even on the job and gossiping like a b***h about the 111. From what everybody says about those guys there stand up dudes who are great to work with do all the house work and will out work a lot of guys on the job. Get on the job and see for yourself. And remember CFD still handles in house problems by going in the basement. Which I also know one of the 111 did, and it didn't come out good for the other
    You sound like a moron....

Forum Member

My first reaction was anger, but after thinking about it. Its the right move by the city. You want real life scenario, here it is pass it. Hope Sam fails.AGAIN

Forum Member

I dont get it. If you didn't pass the original PAT.....strong chance you won't pass the CPAT.

So now whomever passes the CPAT from that group on Monday will be given priority?!

Unreal.

Forum Member

They're all over aged under qualified mopes..the only thing they can do is housework..id love to go " in the basement" with any of them. I hate to go to this level but they're not even on the same playing field.."In the basement"..what a dikchead.
    ffdino88 likes this.

Wow this thread is all over the place. Lol
    ffdino88 likes this.

Forum Member

ffdino88..you said it best..what a moron. Sounds like onedaychiff would have fit in great with those worthless 111. I am sure most would agree, that with those great grammar skills he just showed off in his post, he seems like he too would score below average on a written exam and than have to come up with some BS lawsuit in order to get on the job, and screw over someone who deserved and earned it.

Forum Member

There is something like a 2% pass rate for females on the cpat. And those are women who are in exceptional shape. Breath easy guys, I'm guessing maybe 5-10 will pass it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoblaze View Post
    There is something like a 2% pass rate for females on the cpat. And those are women who are in exceptional shape. Breath easy guys, I'm guessing maybe 5-10 will pass it
    Still......5-10 spots being taken away from possible candidates that truly want the job and had all their T's crossed and i's dotted that didnt have to sue to get on.......shennadigan's i say

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    Still......5-10 spots being taken away from possible candidates that truly want the job and had all their T's crossed and i's dotted that didnt have to sue to get on.......shennadigan's i say
    Totally agree, but at least they're not going to put through an entire class of women. Could be worse

Forum Member

Actually some places have had a cpat passing rate of 44% for women. 2% is far to low. Here is an article from firechief.com http://m.firechief.com/health-safety/fitness/firefighting_cpat_grade

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoblaze View Post
    Totally agree, but at least they're not going to put through an entire class of women. Could be worse
    If they can get 100 women to pass then they would be a full class. I cant imagine that if a women passes and her there number is say 1800, that she would go in ahead of a man who is 1700. That right there would be a lawsuit.
    ffdino88 likes this.

Forum Member

Anybody have anu inside info on this polygraph? The packet says it may be required, but I know it never used to be required

Forum Member

Is it 100% that they are filling 2 class with the letters sent out or could there be more classes being filled with the letter sent out

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by onedaychiff View Post
    Not true. Probably half of them give a ****. The rest are there just to collect a check.

Forum Member

kjhlkjh'j'lkjlhghgkfjgd
    Last edited by ffdino88; 08-29-2013 at 11:16 PM.

Forum Member

kljh;jkjljl'kjkjgjhgfghjd
    Last edited by ffdino88; 08-29-2013 at 11:16 PM.

Thread Information